Register Register

Author Topic: Upcoming Releases XX: The Page Reference We Missed  (Read 47016 times)

rebs

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • I agree to disagree.
Re: Upcoming Releases XX: The Page Reference We Missed
« Reply #810 on: 29 June 2021, 15:15:13 »
I can't wait!  IlClan and Tamar Rising represent the tip of the new spear, the new direction of the game. 

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #811 on: 29 June 2021, 22:54:58 »
Very much looking forward to post Dark Age Battletech.  :thumbsup:
There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.   -Machiavelli

Greetings, Mechwarrior!  You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against...Oops, wrong universe.  -unknown SLDF Recruiter

Because overkill is underrated my friend.  -John "Hannibal" Smith

Unit/Scheme of the Month Master Index

Bosefius

• Will Moderate for Hugs
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #812 on: 30 June 2021, 02:21:41 »
Fortress of Lies, by J. Steven York, is the newest Dark Ages Legends novel we are re-releasing in both digital and print (as soon as Amazon approves it for Print-on-Demand).

https://books2read.com/BattleTechLegendsFortressofLies

PAWNS ARE MEANT TO BE SACRIFICED…

After his victory on New Aragon, Duke Aaron Sandoval has the embattled Republic in his debt. But Sandoval's hidden agenda has more to do with his own power than any loyalty to the Republic of the Sphere, and he'll spare no expense to achieve his ultimate goal.

When the Duke becomes the target of an assassination attempt, he realizes his efforts to build a coalition against the invading House Liao are failing. Many planetary governors prefer capitulation to war. What he needs is a new ship and a new approach.

To launch his campaign, Sandoval sends his nephew Erik, fresh from the front lines of the campaign against the encroaching Capellan Confederation, to Shensi. His job is to convince the governor to join his uncle’s alliance instead of making peace with Liao. Although Erik is honored to be the Duke’s strong right hand, he's convinced that Aaron’s arrogance is getting the better of him. But what Erik doesn't yet realize is that his own uncle will sacrifice anyone to achieve his dreams of glory...even a member of his own family…

Catalyst Demo Agent #221, Huntington, WV

It's times like this I ask myself "What would Jabba the Hutt do?"

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
« Reply #813 on: 30 June 2021, 04:57:02 »
Hey the first DA one I'm not sure I have read, I may have to add to kindle
Below are links to my fan fiction pages.

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/fan-fiction/alternate-timeline-with-thanks-(full)/

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/fan-fiction/alternate-timeline-with-thanks-full-part-2/

As always please enjoy and if you have any questions about my AU (or want to chat about ideas I could incorporate into it) feel free to PM me.

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #814 on: 30 June 2021, 08:04:45 »
I remember it being good but not great.  Definitely a step above the 5 preceding books.
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

Colt Ward

• Colonel
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #815 on: 30 June 2021, 09:04:12 »
I liked Fortress, it had IIRC a amphibious assault against the Swordsworn that was unique at the time- usually it is DS related assaults but that was not a option for the attackers.  With the proliferation of subcap weapons this should have been happening more when the Dark Age kicked off.  The pace of releases seems to be increasing, which is good we are going to start to get into the gap where I was not able to buy the novels.
Colt Ward

Beware the vengeance of a patient man.
Clan Invasion Backer #149

Lboydmsw

• Sergeant
« Reply #816 on: 30 June 2021, 09:56:49 »
Has there been any news one way or another what would be going on with the "Spotlight On" that never came out? "Schmidt's Petraries" and "Hellion Keshik"?

Are things still on track for the brush wars series of books that are supposed to be coming up? Weren't we supposed to get "Operations Guerrero" in September 2020?

Also Hunting Season was pushed back until "June" but thats over today, any ideas on when that will be coming out?

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
« Reply #817 on: 30 June 2021, 11:11:45 »
Tomorrow begins the month with the thing! Probably! Hopefully! Let's all shoot eachother with Mechs!
Every man lives by exchanging - Adam Smith

MarauderD

• Captain
« Reply #818 on: 30 June 2021, 13:54:10 »
Tomorrow begins the month with the thing! Probably! Hopefully! Let's all shoot eachother with Mechs!

Haha, well said.  Looking forward to ilClan here too.

Lboydmsw

• Sergeant
« Reply #819 on: 30 June 2021, 14:09:30 »
Haha, well said.  Looking forward to ilClan here too.

wasn't it pushed back to august?

DarkISI

• Praedonum Dominus
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • My Author Website
« Reply #820 on: 30 June 2021, 14:17:31 »
wasn't it pushed back to august?

Yes. Manufacturing and shipping threw a monkey wrench into things.
German novelist and part time Battletech writer.

HPG Station - German Battletech News

"if they didn't want to be stomped to death by a psychotic gang of battlemechs, they shouldn't have fallen down" - Liam's Ghost

Alex Keller

• Captain
« Reply #821 on: 30 June 2021, 15:41:02 »

Came here for the update as I had planned to get this book for my birthday.  Thank you

GRUD

• Captain
  • Quinn's Quads - 'Mechs on the March!
« Reply #822 on: 30 June 2021, 16:38:43 »
Any word on the new 'Mech Blueprints that were mentioned a year or so back?  I want to say they were mentioned around the time the KS kicked off, maybe after it finished?  No word was given on "What" 'Mechs would be done.  :-\  While I wouldn't object to one of either the new Classic MAD or WHM, I'd REALLY LOVE to have one of the TDR!!!   :excited:
To me, Repros are 100% Wrong, and there's NO  room for me to give ground on this subject. I'm not just an Immovable Object on this, I'm THE Immovable Object. 3D Prints are just 3D Repros.

Something to bear in Mind. Defending the BT IP is Frowned upon here.

Remember: Humor is NOT Tolerated here. Have a Nice Day!

Hey! Can't a guy get any Privacy around here!

SteveRestless

• Major
  • Clan Wolf Rho Galaxy "The Altered Beasts"
« Reply #823 on: 01 July 2021, 19:52:46 »

Are the PDFs stuck in china too?   :P  tying the PDF release to the physical release is just throwing away one of the sweetest bonuses of digital distribution.
Want to Track your own unit? Try the LUCK system | NonCanon Units Index!

Шонхорын хурдаар хурцлан давшъя, Чонын зоригоор асан дүрэлзэье, Тэнхээт морьдын туурайгаар нүргэе, Тамгат Чингисийн ухаанаар даръя | Let’s go faster than a falcon, Let’s burn with the wolf’s courage, Let’s roar with the hooves of strong horses, Let’s go with the wisdom of Tamgat Genghis - The Hu, Wolf Totem

Colt Ward

• Colonel
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #824 on: 01 July 2021, 22:54:27 »
Are the PDFs stuck in china too?   :P  tying the PDF release to the physical release is just throwing away one of the sweetest bonuses of digital distribution.

You have been told before, IIRC, that it is not something they want to do and a 'bad' business model.
Colt Ward

Beware the vengeance of a patient man.
Clan Invasion Backer #149

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • RIP. Again. And again. And again.
« Reply #825 on: 01 July 2021, 23:08:08 »
https://www.instagram.com/p/CQz483rnjR5/?utm_medium=twitter

I love when final printer samples fall out of the mail. And when it is a unicorn, all the better!

« Last Edit: 01 July 2021, 23:42:15 by Bedwyr »
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

Sapphirus

• Warrant Officer
  • Stressed out? Here's an image of Kirby sitting :)

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #827 on: 02 July 2021, 00:17:19 »
Hardback?  Sweet!  8) :thumbsup:
There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.   -Machiavelli

Greetings, Mechwarrior!  You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against...Oops, wrong universe.  -unknown SLDF Recruiter

Because overkill is underrated my friend.  -John "Hannibal" Smith

Unit/Scheme of the Month Master Index

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #828 on: 02 July 2021, 06:20:02 »
August? I missed that announcement.  eesh.   I wish books could be made bit more locally like PoDs.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Joewrightgm

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #829 on: 02 July 2021, 06:45:46 »
https://www.instagram.com/p/CQz483rnjR5/?utm_medium=twitter

I go by Dr Banzai’s Meme Emporium on Facebook; send me a copy and I’ll do a review;)

klarg1

• Captain
    • Blind Metal Minis
« Reply #830 on: 02 July 2021, 06:59:23 »
Did we know it would be a hard cover? That's very unusual for a Battletech  source  book.

If the binding holds up, it'll be a very nice bonus.

Cubby

• Space Wizard of Secrets
  • Battletech Developer
  • Captain
  • BattleTech Assistant Line Developer
« Reply #831 on: 02 July 2021, 07:32:52 »
Lightning round!

At printers? You mean it is written and... whatever stuff is needed?
Or did you mean IlClan there?

I meant what I said. Work on "Tamar Rising" is complete and it is at the printers.

Oh, and we needs previews pretty please

I'd prefer that "Tamar" previews wait until after "ilClan" is out. I don't want any confusion of someone seeing a preview for one product, then an announcement that another is on sale, and conflating the two.

Has there been any news one way or another what would be going on with the "Spotlight On" that never came out? "Schmidt's Petraries" and "Hellion Keshik"?

Drafts of one or both exist, as well as Touring the Stars: Granada. I need to dedicate some time to figuring out what the deal is with those and the lines in general.

Are things still on track for the brush wars series of books that are supposed to be coming up? Weren't we supposed to get "Operations Guerrero" in September 2020?

"On track"? ...sort of. I had intended to be the developer for that line, starting with Guerrero, but I just could not give it the time it needs. So I turned development over to Johannes Heidler, who's done a great job keeping the Rec Guides on track, and Eric Salzman, a fact-checker and writer. Last I saw they'd mapped out the next nine books of three conflicts each (yes, 27 individual conflicts) for Ray and I to review. Doesn't mean they'll all see the light of day, so don't get cute and start asking me when Brush Wars Vol. 11 comes out, but I'm very confident that project is in the right hands and will start moving forward soon.

Also Hunting Season was pushed back until "June" but thats over today, any ideas on when that will be coming out?

Per fiction lead John Helfers, it'll be July now. (Obviously, but...officially. July.)

Did we know it would be a hard cover? That's very unusual for a Battletech source  book.

If the binding holds up, it'll be a very nice bonus.

Battle of Tukayyid was hardcover, and was well-received. We won't do hardcover for every single sourcebook from now on, but it's no longer the reserve of just the core rulebooks.

As far as the binding, my Tukayyid copy seems to be holding up fine, and this was the same printer IIRC.

Demo Team Agent #639, northeastern Maryland.

BattleTech Assistant Line Developer, writer and editor - Sarna.net Profile

Orwell84

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #832 on: 02 July 2021, 08:09:48 »
Thanks for the update Cubby  :thumbsup: If Sydney's lockdown extends into August/September at least I'll have ilClan to look forward to reading.

"On track"? ...sort of. I had intended to be the developer for that line, starting with Guerrero, but I just could not give it the time it needs. So I turned development over to Johannes Heidler, who's done a great job keeping the Rec Guides on track, and Eric Salzman, a fact-checker and writer. Last I saw they'd mapped out the next nine books of three conflicts each (yes, 27 individual conflicts) for Ray and I to review. Doesn't mean they'll all see the light of day, so don't get cute and start asking me when Brush Wars Vol. 11 comes out, but I'm very confident that project is in the right hands and will start moving forward soon.

Ooh, sounds even better than the original concept :drool: Guerrero I was looking forward to and Burrock Absorption I was very keen on, but if the latter volume also includes Clan conflicts of the early '60s it'll have a special place on my BT bookshelf.

Is the focus with this series on covering previously unpublished wars or is it likely to also include older material that's been in print (e.g. Bulldog, Refusal War)?
All Clan totems are equal but some are more equal than others

"Power is not a means; it is an end. One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution, one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship."

"Threats to freedom of speech, writing, and action, though often trivial in isolation, are cumulative in their effect, and unless checked, lead to a general disrespect for the rights of the citizen"
George Orwell

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #833 on: 02 July 2021, 08:15:42 »
IlClan or Tamar previews, whatever, either's fine!

Thanks for answers!
Can't wait.
Minis needed for Atlas AS7-K2, Stalking Spider II; Kishi, Oni, Zou, Simian, Quirinus and Centaur battle armor; DI Multipurpose VTOL, Kinnol tank, JES III missile carrier.

Cubby

• Space Wizard of Secrets
  • Battletech Developer
  • Captain
  • BattleTech Assistant Line Developer
« Reply #834 on: 02 July 2021, 09:12:54 »
Is the focus with this series on covering previously unpublished wars or is it likely to also include older material that's been in print (e.g. Bulldog, Refusal War)?

We're still early in (re?)development of the series so I'm not prepared to say exactly what'll be in, or how the volumes will be organized. But the answer to your question is, yes, both.

It's not directly my project anymore, but my rough order of priority would be:

1. Conflicts that have gotten significant screen time but not been detailed in sourcebook style. (St. Ives War, Guerrero)
2. Conflicts that have been mentioned in sourcebooks or fiction, but not well detailed. (Burrock Absorption, Operation Junk Yard Dog)
3. Conflicts that have gotten significant time in sourcebooks, but older ones that are long-out-of-print. (Refusal War, Bulldog)

It's all about a balance between the three, so there's a little something in every volume no matter what your interest. Again, Jo has done (I think) as great a job with this in the Rec Guides as anyone could ask for, so I have faith that he and Eric will be able to sorting-hat all the possible conflicts into books you'll like.
Demo Team Agent #639, northeastern Maryland.

BattleTech Assistant Line Developer, writer and editor - Sarna.net Profile

klarg1

• Captain
    • Blind Metal Minis
« Reply #835 on: 02 July 2021, 09:17:22 »
As far as the binding, my Tukayyid copy seems to be holding up fine, and this was the same printer IIRC.

I want to be clear that I didn't mean the question about bindings to be a dig at Catalyst. I just know that I have had hard covers from some very well-meaning publishers fall apart and lose pages much earlier than expected.

I don't recall any similar problems with CGL products, but I don't own all that many hard covers from the current publishing era. (Hopefully more soon!)

Thanks for all the info!

MarauderCH IIC

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #836 on: 02 July 2021, 09:28:48 »
Buy the book+PDF combo. Read the book first and use the PDF after that and let the book look nice on the shelf.

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
« Reply #837 on: 02 July 2021, 10:04:33 »
Those look great. Cant wait till I get one.
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

500 is the number of Warships Now. 500 looks like it will stay for a long time.

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Lemme Talk to the Manager!
« Reply #838 on: 02 July 2021, 10:17:26 »
Curious if the same printer as Tukayyid, cause if so, funny that it's printed in Canada, and then sent to the US, for it to then take for-evah! to come back to Canada for distribution.

Oh well...guess I'll wait to see it sometime around Christmas ;)
AGENT #575, Vancouver Canada

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
« Reply #839 on: 02 July 2021, 10:46:56 »
Operation Junk Yard Dog cool
Below are links to my fan fiction pages.

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/fan-fiction/alternate-timeline-with-thanks-(full)/

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/fan-fiction/alternate-timeline-with-thanks-full-part-2/

As always please enjoy and if you have any questions about my AU (or want to chat about ideas I could incorporate into it) feel free to PM me.