Register Register

Author Topic: Upcoming Releases XXV: Gimmie a Quarter  (Read 67198 times)

Cubby

• Space Wizard of Secrets
  • BattleTech Developer
  • Major
  • BattleTech Assistant Line Developer
Re: Upcoming Releases XXV: Gimmie a Quarter
« Reply #420 on: 03 October 2022, 16:50:06 »
We are way, way down the rabbit hole.
Demo Team Agent #639, northeastern Maryland.

BattleTech Assistant Line Developer, writer and editor - Sarna.net Profile

mikecj

• Captain
  • Veteran of Galahad 3028
« Reply #421 on: 03 October 2022, 17:01:49 »

Ok, climbing out.

Do we have a release date for Forgotten Worlds – Book 3 Escape from Jardine? 
Herb started giving it away on 18 April 2019 before it was purchased for eventual sale.  It's odd that a finished story has lingered so long.
There are no fish in my pond.
"First, one brief announcement. I just want to mention, for those who have asked, that absolutely nothing what so ever happened today in sector 83x9x12. I repeat, nothing happened. Please remain calm." Susan Ivanova
"Solve a man's problems with violence, help him for a day. Teach a man to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime." - Belkar Bitterleaf
Romo Lampkin could have gotten Stefan Amaris off with a warning.

MarauderCH IIC

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #422 on: 03 October 2022, 17:52:03 »

Doing what we do best!  >:D :thumbsup: :drool:

Wolf72

• Captain
« Reply #423 on: 03 October 2022, 18:16:19 »
War does not determine who is right, only who is left. -- said no Clanner ... ever!

KS #1357

Kerfuffin(925)

• Captain
« Reply #424 on: 03 October 2022, 18:17:07 »

At this point it’s better to dig through to the other side than try and climb out.  ;D
NCKestrel’s new favorite.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Useless and I didn't even get to be pretty
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #425 on: 03 October 2022, 18:21:09 »
The New Topic button at the top of the forum exists for exactly this situation. Perhaps take the hint and do so?

SteelRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Fight for something or Die for nothing
    • The Steel-Raven at DeviantArt
« Reply #426 on: 03 October 2022, 18:26:50 »
Yeah, the rabbit hole is over at this other thread! .... https://bg.battletech.com/forums/general-discussion/things-i-would-love-to-see-that-would-probably-lose-money/

Almost every discussion on this forum usually ends up spirally towards that sink hole of "you know what would be cool!?" without any regard of would it be realistic.

Speculation usually leads to ether unrealistic ideas or doom mongering with the occasional short period of actual realistic expectations.     
Battletech Art and Commissions
http://steel-raven.deviantart.com

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #427 on: 03 October 2022, 18:31:13 »
which, to be clear, is fine. this is literally the one thread where it belongs the least.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Colonel
  • Wipe your mouth!
« Reply #428 on: 03 October 2022, 19:07:52 »
Six weeks until the Alpha Strike box set releases.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #429 on: 03 October 2022, 19:39:59 »

We were told at our last game the local store had already ordered it and folks started claiming the boxes even if we are a TW crowd.  I made sure to inform my wife immediately that it would be available . . . and it would be such a easy way to check the box for Christmas since we will be busy with Two.
Colt Ward

Beware the vengeance of a patient man.
Clan Invasion Backer #149
Leviathans #104

YingJanshi

• Major
  • Switch Friend Code: SW-4326-4622-8514
« Reply #430 on: 03 October 2022, 21:10:17 »
Any word on the BattleTech Universe book or the Brush Wars?

Initiate of the Order of Valhalla

...oh gods, I just tried to imagine herding mimetic cats.
The Lyrans aren't losers.  They're...winning impaired.

ShroudedSciuridae

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #431 on: 03 October 2022, 21:41:12 »
All I know is if a Hatamoto-chi gets announced I can recreate Sword and the Dragon command lances. Add a Hornet and Charger and I can do both companies.

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website
« Reply #432 on: 05 October 2022, 01:38:25 »
Anyone else remember Palerider's UrbanMech Battalion - the PUB?
i remember Captain Zippy's Urban Mech Cavalry.

i've been musing on builds for AS.. you could do 4 UM-R60's, 4 UM-R60L's, and 4 UM-R90's (all of which require no modifications and just a way to distinguish between them in play) with Skill 3 on all of them for only 196pv. which is ridiculously cheap.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #433 on: 05 October 2022, 07:59:36 »
i remember Captain Zippy's Urban Mech Cavalry.

i've been musing on builds for AS.. you could do 4 UM-R60's, 4 UM-R60L's, and 4 UM-R90's (all of which require no modifications and just a way to distinguish between them in play) with Skill 3 on all of them for only 196pv. which is ridiculously cheap.
Where that from?
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

MarauderD

• Major
« Reply #434 on: 05 October 2022, 08:54:19 »

Is this based on distributor dates or something Cubby said?  I’ll have to warn the wife about it as my Xmas present.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #435 on: 05 October 2022, 09:02:58 »
six weeks until the vague, definitely not set in stone "November" guestimate

Ghaz

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #437 on: 05 October 2022, 09:49:25 »
Is this based on distributor dates or something Cubby said?  I’ll have to warn the wife about it as my Xmas present.

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/general-discussion/upcoming-releases-xxv-gimmie-a-quarter/msg1870290/#msg1870290

MarauderD

• Major
« Reply #438 on: 05 October 2022, 12:21:06 »
six weeks until the vague, definitely not set in stone "November" guestimate

Yeah that's a very soft estimate--looking forward to a hard street date when it is available.  Definitely hoping shipping/distributing snafus don't push this one any later, perfect Christmas present.

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
« Reply #439 on: 05 October 2022, 15:58:49 »
Is the TRO: Dark Age different than the one released at Adepticon late March??

Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

500 is the number of Warships just passed the 567
 Battlemechs I now own.

pokefan548

• Lieutenant
  • The Barracuda knows where it is, hence the -2 mod.
    • Poke's Aerospace Academy (Discord Server)
« Reply #440 on: 05 October 2022, 16:01:52 »
Is the TRO: Dark Age different than the one released at Adepticon late March??
Nah, those were advance copies flown over. The only difference between the two is the mode of transportation that got them here (and the accompanying shipping costs).
Poke's Aerospace Academy
The best place to learn and discuss AeroTech.

BattleTech players: Throwing the baby out with the bathwater since 1984!
"Poke is just a figment of our imagination really." - Siam
"Poke isn't a real person, he's just an algorithm programmed by CGL to try and get people to try the aerospace rules." - Phantasm
"I want to plant the meat eating trees and the meat growing trees on the same planet! Watch that plant on plant violence!" - Sawtooth

GRUD

• Captain
  • Quinn's Quads - 'Mechs on the March!
« Reply #441 on: 05 October 2022, 16:13:59 »
I still say that any such hypothetical would be a lost opportunity without SLDF quartermaster corps branding.

Also, no matter what you order, one order out of 20 comes with mackies, banshees, or chargers.

I'd have Zero complaints about a new Mackie, though I don't know that we're getting one.  :-\  I'd be less enthused about a Banshee or Chargerxp  I got some art prints from Eldon Cowgur at Gen Con that had a Mackie on them, but I've NO idea if that's the "New, Official" version or not, and I didn't think to ask him at the time.  :-\

While that would be great...the logistics behind such an action could see many dusty mech sitting in the warehouse.

Could work though if the consumer was OK with a 5 month wait for the factory to run extras of certain mechs ;)
Well, yeah, they'd have to have a GOOD supply of all the 'Mechs to allow people to do a "Build Your Own Company" box.  But to gauge interest, they could do it as a Pre-Oder sort of thing, were people drop $5.00 (per Company Box) as a Deposit.  Once CGL fills the box, they notify the Customer and send them an invoice for the rest of the amount, plus shipping.

Or they could blast "Social Media" with a Poll, asking what people would like for a Company Box, and let it run 30 or 60 days. Tabulate results, drop the ones with less than 10 requests (or some other number that would be too low to make it worth their time/effort), then release the results, with a General Idea of When the CBs could be available.  Even something like "2nd/3rd Quarter 2023", "Summer/Fall 3023" would let people have a basic idea When to expect things.

Of course, I've got ZERO idea of the Logistics involved!   :D
To me, Repros are 100% Wrong, and there's NO  room for me to give ground on this subject. I'm not just an Immovable Object on this, I'm THE Immovable Object. 3D Prints are just 3D Repros.

Something to bear in Mind. Defending the BT IP is Frowned upon here.

Remember: Humor is NOT Tolerated here. Have a Nice Day!

Hey! Can't a guy get any Privacy around here!

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
« Reply #442 on: 05 October 2022, 18:10:52 »
Nah, those were advance copies flown over. The only difference between the two is the mode of transportation that got them here (and the accompanying shipping costs).

Its so awesome getting things months before everyone the rest of the world. Sometimes going to a convention just for shopping its the best thing.
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

500 is the number of Warships just passed the 567
 Battlemechs I now own.

bobthecoward

• Captain
« Reply #443 on: 06 October 2022, 08:22:17 »
I'd have Zero complaints about a new Mackie, though I don't know that we're getting one.  :-\  I'd be less enthused about a Banshee or Chargerxp  I got some art prints from Eldon Cowgur at Gen Con that had a Mackie on them, but I've NO idea if that's the "New, Official" version or not, and I didn't think to ask him at the time.  :-\

Bishop Steiner also did a Mackie that he called a Mackie mk III, but could easily have been a reimagined Mackie in the modern art style. Probably some demand for one.

Tyrant

• Sergeant
« Reply #444 on: 06 October 2022, 11:37:35 »

Or they could blast "Social Media" with a Poll, asking what people would like for a Company Box, and let it run 30 or 60 days. Tabulate results, drop the ones with less than 10 requests (or some other number that would be too low to make it worth their time/effort), then release the results, with a General Idea of When the CBs could be available.  Even something like "2nd/3rd Quarter 2023", "Summer/Fall 3023" would let people have a basic idea When to expect things.
Gearing up for the 4th Succession War?

Cubby

• Space Wizard of Secrets
  • BattleTech Developer
  • Major
  • BattleTech Assistant Line Developer
« Reply #445 on: 06 October 2022, 13:58:07 »
Yeah that's a very soft estimate--looking forward to a hard street date when it is available.

Right, due in the warehouse. As I said in that earlier post, my understanding is that both we and our fulfillment partner want to turn this around and get it to retail asap, faster than usual even. But given the substantial interest in this product, I'm even more gun shy than normal to give out any kind of a street date expectation. Like you, I want that date to be real, not an expectation.

Any word on the BattleTech Universe book or the Brush Wars?

Universe is still coming, it's been much more of a bear to get across the finish line than we could have imagined, coupled with getting pushed back in favor of some other opportunities that have come up. Still planned--we really want this book out as the definitive setting guide, it's a big part of our strategy to bring folks into the ilClan era.

Brush Wars is very much alive, near-daily progress on that. We'd hoped to drop the series of products for the first installment of season 1 this month, but that looks like it'll be pushed possibly to next month. The product developer, Mendrugo on these forums, has written an intro I'd like to publish in the next week or two.
Demo Team Agent #639, northeastern Maryland.

BattleTech Assistant Line Developer, writer and editor - Sarna.net Profile

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
« Reply #446 on: 06 October 2022, 14:03:52 »
Wait, it's Brush Wars?

(Frantically throws out his ten volume series on all the conflicts in the Outworlds Alliance system of Brasha and starts a fresh Word doc...)

;)
"We have made of New Avalon a towering funeral pyre and wiped the Davion scourge from the universe.  Tikonov, Chesterton and Andurien are ours once more, and the cheers of the Capellan people nearly drown out the gnashing of our foes' teeth as they throw down their weapons in despair.  Now I am made First Lord of the Star League, and all shall bow down to me and pay homa...oooooo! Shiny thing!" - Maximillian Liao, "My Triumph", audio dictation, 3030.  Unpublished.

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #447 on: 06 October 2022, 14:05:14 »
Wait, it's Brush Wars?

(Frantically throws out his ten volume series on all the conflicts in the Outworlds Alliance system of Brasha and starts a fresh Word doc...)

;)

Now you have to release Brasha Wars too! :)
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

shivanwurm

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #448 on: 06 October 2022, 14:23:12 »
Now you have to release Brasha Wars too! :)

Add it to the to do list.

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #449 on: 06 October 2022, 15:10:46 »
I know I probably shouldnt ask: Any update on Dominions Divided release date?

Register