Register Register

Author Topic: Updated Reference Card  (Read 713 times)

Panthros

• Sergeant
Updated Reference Card
« on: 07 August 2022, 00:06:04 »
I played the Grinder at GenCon 2022 which was a great refresh as I don't get to play tabletop as much as I would like.  I saw they were using a new reference card referencing colors for dice, white for walk, black for run, red for jump.  I wanted to introduce some friends to Battletech and recreate the Grinder for them, deck of cards, etc.  Someone mentioned the reference card was in a box set, I have two Clan, 2 beginner and 2 regular box sets and none have this new reference card.  I found this but it is not current so I thought I would ask everyone here.  Thanks in advance!

https://bg.battletech.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/BattleTech-AGoAC-Reference-Card.pdf

pokefan548

• Lieutenant
  • The Barracuda knows where it is, hence the -2 mod.
    • Poke's Aerospace Academy (Discord Server)
Re: Updated Reference Card
« Reply #1 on: 07 August 2022, 09:08:17 »
Ah, nice! This will probably ship with the mercs box, if I had to guess. Either that, or an AGoAC reprint with updated record sheets for the Vindicator.
Poke's Aerospace Academy
The best place to learn and discuss AeroTech.

BattleTech players: Throwing the baby out with the bathwater since 1984!
"Poke is just a figment of our imagination really." - Siam
"Poke isn't a real person, he's just an algorithm programmed by CGL to try and get people to try the aerospace rules." - Phantasm
"I want to plant the meat eating trees and the meat growing trees on the same planet! Watch that plant on plant violence!" - Sawtooth

Panthros

• Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: 07 August 2022, 16:56:20 »
a
« Last Edit: 07 August 2022, 17:17:39 by Panthros »

Panthros

• Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: 07 August 2022, 17:18:33 »
I played the Grinder at GenCon 2022 which was a great refresh as I don't get to play tabletop as much as I would like.  I saw they were using a new reference card referencing colors for dice, white for walk, black for run, red for jump.  I wanted to introduce some friends to Battletech and recreate the Grinder for them, deck of cards, etc.  I hope this helps others.

https://bg.battletech.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/BattleTech-AGoAC-Reference-Card.pdf

GreyWolfActual

• CDT Global Events Developer
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: 07 August 2022, 22:41:05 »
What is not current with that? The Attacker Movement Modifier specifically lists the color of each movement die.
"My name is Saul Tigh. I'm an officer in the Colonial Fleet. Whatever else I am, whatever else it means, that's the man I want to be. And if I die today, that's the man I'll be."
-Saul Tigh

Son of Kerenski

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
  • Everything is AWESOME.
« Reply #5 on: 08 August 2022, 03:39:16 »
Ive been using White for Walk and Red for Run and Yellow for Jump for many years now. Easy way to identify & remember what you and your opponent have done.

StCptMara

• Major
  • Looking for new Adder skin boots
« Reply #6 on: 08 August 2022, 04:18:34 »
What is not current with that? The Attacker Movement Modifier specifically lists the color of each movement die.

Maybe it is not the same reference card being used for Grinders? I do see that it only lists the old 2, 4, 5, 6, 10, 15, 20 charts, not the full all the way to 40 cluster chart, for example.
"Victory or Debt!"- The Battlecry of Mercenaries everywhere

"Greetings, Mechwarrior! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against---Oops, wrong universe" - Unknown SLDF Recruiter

Reality and Battletech go hand in hand like a drug induced hallucination and engineering a fusion reactor ;-)

Rodwonder

• Recruit
« Reply #7 on: 08 August 2022, 05:07:53 »
I played the Grinder at GenCon 2022 which was a great refresh as I don't get to play tabletop as much as I would like.  I saw they were using a new reference card referencing colors for dice, white for walk, black for run, red for jump.  I wanted to introduce some friends to Battletech and recreate the Grinder for them, deck of cards, etc.  Someone mentioned the reference card was in a box set, I have two Clan, 2 beginner and 2 regular box sets and none have this new reference card.  I found this but it is not current so I thought I would ask everyone here.  Thanks in advance!

That reference card came with my Kickstarter... It was on heavy cardstock.

GreyWolfActual

• CDT Global Events Developer
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #8 on: 08 August 2022, 19:22:06 »
Maybe it is not the same reference card being used for Grinders?
Nope, that is the same card we use for the Grinder. We provide a copy of the cluster table when needed aat the orange and red levels.
"My name is Saul Tigh. I'm an officer in the Colonial Fleet. Whatever else I am, whatever else it means, that's the man I want to be. And if I die today, that's the man I'll be."
-Saul Tigh

MarauderD

• Major
« Reply #9 on: 09 August 2022, 11:03:33 »
That reference card came with my Kickstarter... It was on heavy cardstock.

I must be hallucinating--didn't that card come in the AGoAC box set?

Kerfuffin(925)

• Captain
« Reply #10 on: 09 August 2022, 14:33:27 »
I must be hallucinating--didn't that card come in the AGoAC box set?

AGoAC and the CI box. The only difference between the two was the CI one was in color and the other in black and white only.
NCKestrel’s new favorite.

Register