Register Register

Author Topic: European store??  (Read 1707 times)

Eisenwolf

• Sergeant
  • Martius Lupus
European store??
« on: 19 December 2021, 11:58:51 »
At several places on this forum people mentioned there were plans to create an European store.
Is that really a thing or just wishfull thinking?

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
Re: European store??
« Reply #1 on: 19 December 2021, 12:07:10 »
CGL said they plan to. But nothing has been said afterwards. Figure it is gonna take a while, considering the current worldwide logistics problems (i seem to recall warehouse space is limited right now).
Sun Tzu Liao: Scheming, opportunistic weasel of a ruler, or brilliant political tactician?
-What's the difference?

Frabby

• Major
« Reply #2 on: 19 December 2021, 12:34:45 »
MechForce Germany used to organize bulk orders from abroad a few years back. (Iirc. I'm not a member.) But that's not really the same thing I guess.
Sarna.net BattleTechWiki Admin
Author of the BattleCorps stories Feather vs. Mountain, Rise and Shine, Proprietary, Trial of Faith & scenario Twins

BrianDavion

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: 19 December 2021, 12:42:21 »
I was told they're looking at eistablishing distribution centers abroad so as to reduce the cost of shipping. I know Canada's being looked at apparently and europe makes sense too

DarkISI

• Praedonum Dominus
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • https://hpgstation.de/?p=9429
    • My Author Website
« Reply #4 on: 19 December 2021, 13:02:57 »
Their intended business partner fell through and tried to change the deal on them on the last meters. They are looking at new partners.
That's what Randall said during the SPIEL in Essen. No idea what happened since then and how far along any new potential partners are.
German novelist and part time Battletech writer.

HPG Station - German Battletech News

"if they didn't want to be stomped to death by a psychotic gang of battlemechs, they shouldn't have fallen down" - Liam's Ghost

Aotrs Commander

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #5 on: 19 December 2021, 13:25:57 »
We're probably still shafted in the UK anyway, even if they did... I think I got away with murder ordering a last lot of IWM models from Fantasydewelt in Germany, before the big problems started, but I shudder to think what it's like now...

Eisenwolf

• Sergeant
  • Martius Lupus
« Reply #6 on: 21 December 2021, 12:10:54 »
Their intended business partner fell through and tried to change the deal on them on the last meters. They are looking at new partners.
That's what Randall said during the SPIEL in Essen. No idea what happened since then and how far along any new potential partners are.

That's sad to hear. I guess my Falcons will not get a Summoner any time soon.  :'(

RazorclawXLS

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #7 on: 21 December 2021, 17:09:43 »

I was hoping that they would have a european store working by the end of this year or beginning of the next. To at least have some of use the credit for the bad dice and Shilone.

Col Toda

• Captain
« Reply #8 on: 22 December 2021, 09:25:05 »
For minis thought Ral Partha Europe still exists ?

Daritus1988

• Sergeant
« Reply #9 on: 22 December 2021, 09:33:46 »

yes but only the very old stuff...

Eisenwolf

• Sergeant
  • Martius Lupus
« Reply #10 on: 22 December 2021, 11:04:28 »

That's right but I am not interrested in the metal minis. I've got a motherload of minis through the salvage boxes of the Kickstarter. I could equip whole trinaries of Bears, Wolfs and Jaguars. But except a lonely Hellbringer I was veeeery unlucky on the Falcon front.  And honestly, Falcons was what I longed for. :-\

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #11 on: 22 December 2021, 11:10:46 »

Fantasywelt is the best source in Europe for the newer minis.
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #12 on: 22 December 2021, 11:18:13 »
Fantasywelt also sells Force Packs and other BT stuff, not just metal minis from IWM. Well, would sell, it seems all stocks are entirely depleted. I wonder if the new production runs CGL ordered are enough...

EDIT Comparatively cheap too, at least compared to local prices. As long as i want more than one or two things, it is worth ordering from there rather than buy local as shipping costs seem to be fixed.
Sun Tzu Liao: Scheming, opportunistic weasel of a ruler, or brilliant political tactician?
-What's the difference?

DarkISI

• Praedonum Dominus
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • https://hpgstation.de/?p=9429
    • My Author Website
« Reply #13 on: 22 December 2021, 12:26:08 »
Fantasywelt is the best source in Europe for the newer minis.

https://scifi-trader.net/
Another German store that ships throughout Europe, run by a German BT fan.
German novelist and part time Battletech writer.

HPG Station - German Battletech News

"if they didn't want to be stomped to death by a psychotic gang of battlemechs, they shouldn't have fallen down" - Liam's Ghost

General308

• Captain
« Reply #14 on: 22 December 2021, 13:32:50 »
We're probably still shafted in the UK anyway, even if they did... I think I got away with murder ordering a last lot of IWM models from Fantasydewelt in Germany, before the big problems started, but I shudder to think what it's like now...

Don't they still have  Ralpartha Europe in the UK.  They have some of the older books dirt cheap and still sell a bunch of mechs for you guys in the UK.

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #15 on: 22 December 2021, 13:41:54 »
Don't they still have  Ralpartha Europe in the UK.  They have some of the older books dirt cheap and still sell a bunch of mechs for you guys in the UK.

RPE have very few minis in their catalogue newer than the Reseen.  You used to be able to get most of the TRO 3075 minis and the redone 3050 OmniMechs but they seem to not even stock them any more.
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

Aotrs Commander

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #16 on: 22 December 2021, 16:46:55 »
RPE have very few minis in their catalogue newer than the Reseen.  You used to be able to get most of the TRO 3075 minis and the redone 3050 OmniMechs but they seem to not even stock them any more.

I think some of the resculpts are still around, but yes, as I understand it, their license stops at a certain point. I have ALREADY bought pretty much every mech I wanted* from RPE first (since it was a fair bit cheaper than getting stuff in from Germany) but new stuff... Has to come from overseas. Which of course is now... Problematic, shall we say, with the current climate, both the pandemic and, well... Brexit, not to put too finer a point on it, is hitting small companies much harder than larger ones, with all the extra paperwork and stuff now.

*Seriously, I have 310 mechs now, which is about double what I started pre-lockdown with. I have largely exhausted my ENTIRE wishlist of mechs; I sort of have to wait for new stuff to come out (or at least new, better sculpts) before I can even look at getting more to make it even remotely worth what will now likely be near extortionate P&P.

Caravan

• Recruit
« Reply #17 on: 25 December 2021, 08:18:50 »

https://yodasdata.biz also has some BT stuff available. In the past, I even managed to get a fair amount of FPG decals via them

brathac3108

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Sergeant
    • Solaris7.pl
www.solaris7.pl - BattleTech in Poland
Catalyst Demo Agent #465

Cergorach

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #19 on: 13 January 2022, 05:25:05 »
Well, maybe they can combine a European web store with a better European distribution hub. I'm seeing so many of the new plastic mini related products out of stock at stores. Not just the plastic Lance/Star boxes, but also the non-clan starter boxes, and the neoprene maps, quickly out of stock and then unavailable for a long, long time.

Some stores have a handful of Lance/Star boxes, most of the range is still out of stock. So if you want to order a wider range of Mechs, you need to order all over Europe, taking a (serious) hit in shipping costs. And let's not mention that you often don't speak the foreign language, need to follow specific and complex procedures to order from another country, etc.

This has always been an issue with BT plastic mini products, especially starter boxes, not available when you want them. Hurts the brand imho, so this isn't just due to the global pandemic or Brexit, it's an old issue with plastic minis... Now it just hurts trice as much!

Lyran Crayon Eater

• Recruit
« Reply #20 on: 15 January 2022, 09:14:06 »
I noticed a few Force Packs being available on Amazon (.de at least) for a reasonable price (meaning not 2x the CGL price). But I'm still waiting on the four Forcepacks I ordered from Fantasywelt, I'm considering canceling those orders and ordering them directly from the US, the downside is obviously the shipping cost and the additional customs fees.  :-\

Starbuck

• Sergeant
« Reply #21 on: 15 January 2022, 10:46:24 »
I noticed a few Force Packs being available on Amazon (.de at least) for a reasonable price (meaning not 2x the CGL price). But I'm still waiting on the four Forcepacks I ordered from Fantasywelt, I'm considering canceling those orders and ordering them directly from the US, the downside is obviously the shipping cost and the additional customs fees.  :-\

i would try this one first:

"You promised me Mars colonies. Instead, I got Facebook."
Buzz Aldrin