Register Register

Author Topic: XTRO Comstar, FM 3085 and RS Prototypes...  (Read 20144 times)

StCptMara

• Major
  • Looking for new Adder skin boots
Re: XTRO Comstar, FM 3085 and RS Prototypes...
« Reply #60 on: 13 January 2012, 10:19:32 »
I will say one thing immediately disappoints me:

No colour plates of the Republic Paint Schemes, and only descriptions for the Triarii, Pricipes, and Republic Standing Guard(aka Militia)
schemes.
"Victory or Debt!"- The Battlecry of Mercenaries everywhere

"Greetings, Mechwarrior! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against---Oops, wrong universe" - Unknown SLDF Recruiter

Reality and Battletech go hand in hand like a drug induced hallucination and engineering a fusion reactor ;-)

Kit deSummersville

• Precentor of Lies
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • The epicness continues!
    • Insights and Complaints on Twitter
« Reply #61 on: 13 January 2012, 10:19:54 »
And apparently a son or grandson took over Furlio BPM command. 

Or nephew or grand nephew....
Looking for an official answer? Check the Catalyst Interaction Forums.

Freelancer for hire, not an official CGL or IMR representative.

Everyone else's job is easy, so tell them how to do it, everyone loves that!

Millard Fillmore's favorite BattleTech writer.

mbear

• Stood Far Back When The Gravitas Was Handed Out
  • Major
    • Tower of Jade
« Reply #62 on: 13 January 2012, 10:38:00 »
Is there anything in RS:P that I can't live without like how RS:3085 had LAM rules?
RS:P has Design Quirks info (only quirks listed in TRO:Prototypes are included), as well as the Advanced ProtoMech rules from Wars of Reaving (including construction rules [ProtoMech Improved Jump Jets, Magnetic Clamps, electrical armor, etc.] and the new types [quads, ultraheavies]). So if you want those rules but don't want to spend the money on Wars of Reaving* you could get this.

Also two scenarios.

* A deadly mistake IMHO, but budgets vary.
Be the Loremaster:

Battletech transport rules take a very feline approach to moving troops in a combat zone: If they fits, they ships.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your BT experience. Now what? (Thanks Sartis!)

Col.Hengist

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Konrad ' Hengist " Littman Highlander 732b
« Reply #63 on: 13 January 2012, 10:40:59 »
And apparently a son or grandson took over Furlio BPM command.  so lets hear it for FREDRICK HOOOOOOGAAAAAAAARRRRRRRTTTTTHHH!!!!!!

oh and Bravo to Archon Adam Steiner for reviving the Fourth Royal Guards.

I couldn't have said it better myself. Matter of fact, I think there should always be a HOGARTH!!! stationed on Furillo to keep them safe and make sure all the parties are well prepaired.
Lyran Commonwealth,6th Donegal Guards-Nightstar
Marian Hegemony, II Legio-Cataphract
Clan Hell's Horses, Gamma Galaxy-Summoner
Clan Grinch goat- gamma goat.

Lord Harlock

• Captain
  • Watching from the Shadows
« Reply #64 on: 13 January 2012, 10:45:25 »
Who needs HOGARTH!!!
Michael Hyung-Tsei is the Chuck Norris of the 31st century!  :)

Or Kamina. But I really wish that I had nipped Michael Hyung-Tsei = Chuck Norris in the bud back a couple of years back. Sigh.

Though I did like the fact that Hogarth retired to the equilvalent of the Military History Channel where the only thing that he will harm is probably insomanics.

They gifted it away to Devlin Stone and the Republic.

JUST KIDDING!

No changes in the DCMS fleet from the field report.

With regards,
Øystein

You know I'd feel sorry for the DCMS if they lost their fleet to the Republic. Though what happened to the Mercy nee Blake's Mercy since it doesn't show up in mention in the RAF section?

GREAT! Especially the Field Manual.
I skimmed over the AFFS section and this one looks fine. Will be a nice weekend.  O0

The thing that amazes me that we keep having to have more explanations on why the AFFS isn't as big as it once was. I should have know when Jihad: Final Reconking kind of was benign in that regard that something was going to blow up in Suns. The only real reason that I'm not adding, "REMEMBER KALEDISCOPE!" is that I doubt anyone would care, and I figure that the company will be rebuilt at some point. Or the slack in gyros will be picked up by another manufactuer in the next couple of decades. Though I'm beginning to really believe that Ghost Knights were behind the "Bloody Tricenteniel" considering the target in the Suns. Darn Stoners.

However, I really like the Periphery March Guards and Periphery March Militia emblems. The kurkari kinds of adds some of the Indian Culture of the United Hindu Colletive in the Periphery March Guard that alot of people wanted in the Periphery March. However, the PMM emblem reminds me of some of the imagery from the Crusader States fortress that I've seen, and it adds well to the idea that they are protectors considering the castle walls around the SunBurst. I wish that the emblems were in color.

And the rank of Jerome Sandoval will help me finish something that I've been working on. Thanks.

Adrian Gideon

• Battletech Developer
  • Major
  • BattleTech Line Developer
« Reply #65 on: 13 January 2012, 10:56:21 »
However, I really like the Periphery March Guards and Periphery March Militia emblems. The kurkari kinds of adds some of the Indian Culture of the United Hindu Colletive in the Periphery March Guard that alot of people wanted in the Periphery March. However, the PMM emblem reminds me of some of the imagery from the Crusader States fortress that I've seen, and it adds well to the idea that they are protectors considering the castle walls around the SunBurst. I wish that the emblems were in color.
Very glad you like them and their symbolism!  O0 Should have color versions on CamoSpecs...eventually.
If you appreciate how I’m doing, send me a tip: ko-fi.com/rayarrastia
fb.com/battletechgame
@CGL_BattleTech

JPArbiter

• Captain
  • Podcasting Monkey
    • Arbitration Studios, your last word in battletech talk
« Reply #66 on: 13 January 2012, 11:05:44 »
Very glad you like them and their symbolism!  O0 Should have color versions on CamoSpecs...eventually.

speaking of which, I am actually kind of dissapointed at how few descriptions of color schemes there are for newish units.
Host of Arbitration, your last word in Battletech Talk

MadCapellan

• Furibunda Scriptorem
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • With an undying love for our little sisters!
    • Check out the anime I've seen & reviewed!
« Reply #67 on: 13 January 2012, 11:14:25 »
speaking of which, I am actually kind of dissapointed at how few descriptions of color schemes there are for newish units.

Color schemes & uniforms are important to me as well, so I did my best to include them for Liao & "Marik"

Adrian Gideon

• Battletech Developer
  • Major
  • BattleTech Line Developer
« Reply #68 on: 13 January 2012, 11:20:46 »
Gotta leave some of that for CamoSpecs.
If you appreciate how I’m doing, send me a tip: ko-fi.com/rayarrastia
fb.com/battletechgame
@CGL_BattleTech

ArcaneRaven

• Lieutenant
« Reply #69 on: 13 January 2012, 11:22:04 »
Color schemes & uniforms are important to me as well, so I did my best to include them for Liao & "Marik"

Thank you so much for that, MadCap!

I love the rank table for the various mini-states in the former FWL territory! O0

JPArbiter

• Captain
  • Podcasting Monkey
    • Arbitration Studios, your last word in battletech talk
« Reply #70 on: 13 January 2012, 11:36:54 »

out of curiosity, why chage the 1st Rim Commonality Guard from their Charcoal to yellow and red?
Host of Arbitration, your last word in Battletech Talk

StCptMara

• Major
  • Looking for new Adder skin boots
« Reply #71 on: 13 January 2012, 11:41:33 »
Gotta leave some of that for CamoSpecs.

But, without descriptions of the schemes, how are they going to know the schemes? After all, don't they have to
be able to cite the source of the scheme?
"Victory or Debt!"- The Battlecry of Mercenaries everywhere

"Greetings, Mechwarrior! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against---Oops, wrong universe" - Unknown SLDF Recruiter

Reality and Battletech go hand in hand like a drug induced hallucination and engineering a fusion reactor ;-)

MadCapellan

• Furibunda Scriptorem
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #72 on: 13 January 2012, 11:44:57 »
out of curiosity, why chage the 1st Rim Commonality Guard from their Charcoal to yellow and red?

Unity with the national brigade, for the time being.

Paul

• dies a lot at the Solaris Melee Challenge!
  • Battletech Volunteer
  • Colonel
« Reply #73 on: 13 January 2012, 11:53:50 »
But, without descriptions of the schemes, how are they going to know the schemes? After all, don't they have to

CSO can canonize schemes for units that lack any description, in which case CSO is the canon source.

Paul

Øystein

• Battletech Volunteer
  • Captain
« Reply #74 on: 13 January 2012, 12:16:05 »
You know I'd feel sorry for the DCMS if they lost their fleet to the Republic. Though what happened to the Mercy nee Blake's Mercy since it doesn't show up in mention in the RAF section?

It is not a WarShip per say, so it is not included in the rolls of offensive weapons. Same with the Clan Merchant Carracks, they were removed because they should never had been included in the first place. But Clan Nova Cat does have some merchant Carracks left, even if they have no proper WarShips.

With regards,
Øystein

Welshman

• Chief Wrangler
  • Battletech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #75 on: 13 January 2012, 13:13:42 »
Prefect. The torso and leg details mostly match up. The right arm is lacking the hand, but it's not the first time another artist has made a 'Mech a little bit off the norm.

Dang, and Brent was certain it would take folks a lot longer... :)

Consider it a left handed version, because what you think is a left arm is the arm of the Mech in front of it.
-Joel BC-
Catalyst Freelancer

"Some closets will never contain Narnia, no matter how many times we open the door." - Weirdo, in relation to the power of hope.

Psycho

• CamoSpecs
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #76 on: 13 January 2012, 13:25:15 »
Aw, and I spoiled his party. Don't worry, I'm sure someone will disagree and debate will continue.

willydstyle

• Captain
« Reply #77 on: 13 January 2012, 14:02:38 »
Rasalhague Dominion isn't formed until 3103.

Thanks! I mistakenly thought it started in 3070.

Diplominator

• Lieutenant
  • Tactful Tactician
« Reply #78 on: 13 January 2012, 15:35:58 »
Dang, and Brent was certain it would take folks a lot longer... :)

Consider it a left handed version, because what you think is a left arm is the arm of the Mech in front of it.

Left-handed Prefect...okay, I buy that. Certainly the arm and legs match up. I'm not seeing it at all in the torso but that might just be me. Thanks for clearing it up!

Welshman

• Chief Wrangler
  • Battletech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #79 on: 13 January 2012, 16:07:59 »
Left-handed Prefect...okay, I buy that. Certainly the arm and legs match up. I'm not seeing it at all in the torso but that might just be me. Thanks for clearing it up!

That was mostly a joke... I should have put a smiley. Yeah, we made a small error in the art. It happens. I know tons of people looked at that cover many times and damned if we didn't catch it.
-Joel BC-
Catalyst Freelancer

"Some closets will never contain Narnia, no matter how many times we open the door." - Weirdo, in relation to the power of hope.

Diplominator

• Lieutenant
  • Tactful Tactician
« Reply #80 on: 13 January 2012, 16:48:28 »
Eh, the left-handed part doesn't bother me. There are prior examples of that kind of thing and I am entirely okay with anything that implies more variants exist. I'm just bothered by being able to see a Prefect everywhere but the torso. I can see elements of the Prefect, but I'm not sure if I'm imagining it at the wrong angle or if it just doesn't look like the TRO art.

Stormlion1

• Colonel
  • The 1st Federated Suns Lancers will arise again!
« Reply #81 on: 13 January 2012, 21:41:38 »
Galedon Explorer: Sunk
Urizen II: Sunk
Winds of Heaven: Recaptured by ISF, status unknown
Sabre Cat: Missing
Luthien: Sunk
Swiping Claw: Sunk
Night of Agony: Sunk
Siriwan: Sunk
Takashi: Sunk
Victory at Wolcott: Sunk
Lair of Mighty Wyrms: Stationed at New Samarkand
Amber Lotus: Stationed at Midway
Yamato: Stationed at Dover
Mount Niitaka: Stationed at Dover
Winds of Heaven: Stationed at Dover
Dieron Star: Stationed at Dover

That's as of 3079, from the Field Report.  I imagine it hasn't changed much.

Thanks, it just seemed odd every other navy got a brief mention somehow but the Combine had nothing.
I don't set an example for others. I make examples of them.

Youngblood

• Captain
« Reply #82 on: 13 January 2012, 22:08:34 »
The Trebaruna.  On FM3085's Page 77.  Oh my goodness, that is the best art rendition of a quad I have ever seen.

Stormlion1

• Colonel
  • The 1st Federated Suns Lancers will arise again!
« Reply #83 on: 13 January 2012, 22:23:18 »
Also note one of the prisoners tried for war crimes is Raul Tinker. That poor Son of Blake actually survived the Jihad, I'm kinda suprised at that.
I don't set an example for others. I make examples of them.

DarthRads

• Captain
  • Trust me...I'm the Doctor...
« Reply #84 on: 14 January 2012, 01:13:36 »
Who needs HOGARTH!!!
Michael Hyung-Tsei is the Chuck Norris of the 31st century!  :)

Heresy...Chuck Norris is the Chuck Norris of the 31st Century, as Chuck Norris is Immortal and had fought in every war in human history, often on both sides at the same time!

MadCapellan

• Furibunda Scriptorem
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #85 on: 14 January 2012, 01:16:23 »
Heresy...Chuck Norris is the Chuck Norris of the 31st Century, as Chuck Norris is Immortal and had fought in every war in human history, often on both sides at the same time!

Maybe Chuck Norris just woke up one morning and decided other people should call him Michael Hyung-Tsei.  Are you going to tell Chuck Norris no?   :)

DarthRads

• Captain
  • Trust me...I'm the Doctor...
« Reply #86 on: 14 January 2012, 02:55:44 »
Released on my 10th wedding anniversary...which means to late to be an anniversary present...and given the $1000.00+ spent on celebrating, can't afford them!

Sharpnel

• Colonel
« Reply #87 on: 14 January 2012, 04:43:32 »
No. In the past they have created paint scheme were none were officially put in place in a book. I'm sure that they have come up with a couple dozen or so.
Consigliere Trygg Bender, CRD-3BL Crusader, The Blazer Mafia
Takehiro 'Taco' Uchimiya, SHD-2H Shadow Hawk 'Taco', Crimson Oasis Trading Company

"Of what use is a dream, if not a blueprint for courageous action" -Adam West
As I get older, I realize that I'm not as good as I once was.
"Life is too short to be living someone else's dream" - Hugh Hefner

Maelwys

• Major
« Reply #88 on: 14 January 2012, 05:36:31 »
Wait, so after authors here said that the Black Dragons were responsible for the nuking on Luthien, and some of the later sourcebooks have hinted at it, IIRC, 3085 puts it back at the WoB nuking Luthien?

Neufeld

• Captain
  • Raven, Lyran, Horse, Capellan, Canopian, Bear
« Reply #89 on: 14 January 2012, 05:45:10 »
Wait, so after authors here said that the Black Dragons were responsible for the nuking on Luthien, and some of the later sourcebooks have hinted at it, IIRC, 3085 puts it back at the WoB nuking Luthien?

*facepalm*

Can they not make up their mind? Still, WoB makes a little more sense, and does not conflict with JHS3070.

"Real men and women do not need Terra"
-- Grendel Roberts
"
We will be used to subdue the Capellan Confederation. We will be used to bring the Free Worlds League to heel. We will be used to
hunt bandits and support corrupt rulers and to reinforce the evils of the Inner Sphere that drove our ancestors from it so long ago."
-- Elias Crichell