Register Register

Author Topic: You bought the box set and are ready to expand your BT experience. Now what?  (Read 80870 times)

pat_hdx

• Sergeant
Just pointed a new Joiner to the FB main BT group to this. It really is a masterpiece. 

nova_dew

• Master Sergeant
Has the new version (2021 print) of Strat Ops and Campaign Ops been released yet?, I've seen there's errata posts up for both and the OP has the new art, but the shop has the old art and the old PDF's

Sartris

• Battletech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Semi-Sentient MUL Roomba
    • Master Unit List
i think just to kickstarter backers who ordered it as part of their add-ons as far as i know

nova_dew

• Master Sergeant
i think just to kickstarter backers who ordered it as part of their add-ons as far as i know

Thanks, I was doing an update run of the PDF's and errata after maybe 4-6 years away and got very confused, hopefully I won't need to rebuy Strat Ops.
The Errata Download states for Tac Ops that "All entries will be included in the 2020 restructured two-volume reprint of Tactical Operations" does this mean the single copy version other than a cover update is no longer updated with errata and will need rebuying?

Sartris

• Battletech Volunteer
  • Colonel
    • Master Unit List
for tacops, yes. they are considered new books for the purpose of errata and updates

Daryk

• Colonel
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
I thought StratOps was getting major surgery too?   ???

The question is will it show up like normal errata updates in DriveThruRPG, or do I have to buy it all over again?  I'm not unwilling (that COVER!   :drool:), but of course I'd hope it just magically appears in my downloads...

Sartris

• Battletech Volunteer
  • Colonel
    • Master Unit List
i don't believe we haven't gotten any word on whether CO or SO purchasers will get free updates so i left that out.

technically speaking, the major surgery for SO was a major amputation. i'll end up getting a free pdf when i order the hardcover but i can understand if someone would be annoyed if they have to pay another $15 for a book that's about half of the one they already have.

CO i could see (and understand) paying for again because it was a substantial rebuild with much of the material getting a rewrite

nova_dew

• Master Sergeant
Errata for the Original Post;

Total Warfare:
Core Rules Option #2
* In addition to 'Mechs, rules for most vehicle types including vehicles, aerospace, and infantry
* Total Warfare + Tactical Operations gives you the full spread of equipment and advanced rules (does not include quirks or the abstract support system)

change "In addition to 'Mechs, rules for most vehicle types including vehicles, aerospace, and infantry" to "In addition to 'Mechs, rules for most unit types including vehicles, aerospace, and infantry"

might also be useful to have a link to ral partha europehttps://www.ralparthaeurope.co.uk/index.php/battletech for those of us outside the USA

Sartris

• Battletech Volunteer
  • Colonel
    • Master Unit List
fixed and added.

isn't there a german website that has a wider selection?

nova_dew

• Master Sergeant
fixed and added.

isn't there a german website that has a wider selection?

A quick google brings up FantasyWelt https://www.fantasywelt.de/Battletech-Miniatures that sells the online exclusive stuff too

Register