Register Register

Author Topic: Any good QoL "house rules" or practices?  (Read 4094 times)

kaliban

• Warrant Officer
  • https://owa3025.blogspot.com/
    • Outworlds Alliance blog
Re: Any good QoL "house rules" or practices?
« Reply #30 on: 12 October 2021, 12:40:51 »
Using dice as markers definitely helps. I use d10s instead of d6, first because they have the "zero" and using a different die than the d6s avoid confusion.

Another thing I do is to ask all player to roll their attack rolls after the movement phase. As long the game is friendly, I don't need to see anyone rolling their dice. They take notes on the location hits also.

BirdofPrey

• Major
« Reply #31 on: 19 October 2021, 00:04:14 »
if you use movement dice, just keeping it in the starting hex serves the same purpose
That's not something that would work in our group.

We use the movement dice to track what units have moved.
At the top of the round, all of the movement dice from each side get gathered up into piles so there's 2 spots to look at to see what's left to move.

Charistoph

• Captain
« Reply #32 on: 19 October 2021, 02:15:17 »
That's not something that would work in our group.

We use the movement dice to track what units have moved.
At the top of the round, all of the movement dice from each side get gathered up into piles so there's 2 spots to look at to see what's left to move.

When I do use the movement dice to keep track of where I started, I place them on the opponent's side for after movement, then move them to my side before rolling Initiative.  Simply put, if they can see the die, then the unit was moved.  If they can't see it easily, it hasn't.

I was using it for a couple months, but it has been easier to keep track of where I started the model lately, so I haven't felt the need.
Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?
Quote from: Megavolt
They called me crazy…they called me insane…THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.

Charistoph's Painted Products of Mechanical Mayhem

Register