Register Register

Author Topic: Force building challenge: Machine Guns. ALL of them.  (Read 1839 times)

Natasha Kerensky

• Captain
  • Queen of Spades, First Lady of Death, Black Widow
Re: Force building challenge: Machine Guns. ALL of them.
« Reply #30 on: 08 November 2021, 13:11:54 »

Nova Cat Second-Line

Locust IIC 6 776 BV2
Locust IIC 6 776 BV2
SM1A Tank Destroyer 1239 BV2
SM1A Tank Destroyer 1239 BV2

Total 4030 BV2

The Locusts carry six HMGs in two arrays, along with an ER Medium Laser on a 8/12 platform.

The SM1As carry four LMGs in an array, but their real firepower is packed in their LB 20-X ACs.

Nova Cat Provisional Garrison

Mist Lynx G 834 BV2
Mist Lynx G 834 BV2
Resgate Support Point 80 BV2
Resgate Support Point 80 BV2
BE 701 Joust Medium Tank 1077 BV2
BE 701 Joust Medium Tank 1077 BV2

Total 3982 BV2

The Mist Lynx G carries eight HMGs in two arrays, as well as four ER Small Lasers, on a 7/11/6 platform.

The Resgate Support BA carries an LMG, jumps 3MP, and can conduct anti-mech attacks.

The Joust carries eight LMGs, an ER Large Laser, and an LRM-10 on a 5/8 platform.
"Ah, yes.  The belle dame sans merci.  The sweet young thing who will blast your nuts off.  The kitten with a whip.  That mystique?"
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."
"Variety is the spice of battle."
"I've fought in... what... a hundred battles, a thousand battles?  It could be a million as far as I know.  I've fought for anybody who offered a decent contract and a couple who didn't.  And the universe is not much different after all that.  I could go on fighting for another hundred years and it would still look the same."
"I'm in mourning for my life."
"Those who break faith with the Unity shall go down into darkness."

Natasha Kerensky

• Captain
« Reply #31 on: 08 November 2021, 13:56:33 »

Another illegal swarm...

50 Resgate Support points at 80BV2 each puts 250 LMGs on the board.  But they only move 3MPs.
"Ah, yes.  The belle dame sans merci.  The sweet young thing who will blast your nuts off.  The kitten with a whip.  That mystique?"
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."
"I've fought in... what... a hundred battles, a thousand battles?  It could be a million as far as I know.  I've fought for anybody who offered a decent contract and a couple who didn't.  And the universe is not much different after all that.  I could go on fighting for another hundred years and it would still look the same."

Natasha Kerensky

• Captain
« Reply #32 on: 08 November 2021, 19:20:17 »

Clan Ice Hellion Flurry

Incubus 5 1364 BV2
Incubus 5 1364 BV2
Bellona Hover Tank (Laser) 1262 BV2

Total 3990 BV2

Each Incubus carries four LMGs, but their main firepower comes from an ATM-6 and dual ER Medium Lasers.  The Incubus 5 is a Hellion variant, but still moves 9/14.

The Bellona (Laser) also carries four LMGs, but with an ER Large Laser and LRM-10, it’s a backfield fire support platform.  The Bellona is an exclusive Horse design, but it went into production on the Homeworlds and was in the Horse OZ before the Hellion’s ill-fated Spheroid campaign.  The Hellions’ Flurry formations make use of captured vehicles, and they would appreciate the Bellona’s 9/14 speed.

Daryk

• Colonel
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #33 on: 08 November 2021, 19:53:06 »
I believe the pure infantry solution is the most extreme possible with 384 MGs in 48 platoons of Foot Platoon (MG)s for 3,984 BV.  For the record, never do this.

Natasha Kerensky

• Captain
« Reply #34 on: 08 November 2021, 20:05:42 »

Clan Wolf Headhunters

Nova S 2056 BV2
Adder TC 1274 BV2
Rache Point 265 BV2
Rache Point 265 BV2

Total 3860 BV2

The Nova carries four MGs, but it’s main firepower comes from six Pulse Medium Lasers on a 5/8/5 platform.

The Adder has ten MGs, a Pulse Large Laser, and Pulse Small Laser on a 6/9 platform.

Each Rache carries an MG on a suit with a jump of 3MPs but will do most of their damage via two SRM-3(OS) and anti-mech attacks.

Hellraiser

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
« Reply #35 on: 09 November 2021, 01:18:08 »
I believe the pure infantry solution is the most extreme possible with 384 MGs in 48 platoons of Foot Platoon (MG)s for 3,984 BV.  For the record, never do this.

See, its stuff like this that drives a man to commit war crimes.

It's not my fault I used napalm on those people, they had it coming when they came out with 400 machine guns.
3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Colonel
  • Wipe your mouth!
« Reply #36 on: 09 November 2021, 02:03:14 »
And by Napalm you mean Arrrow IV Inferno missiles, right?
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #37 on: 09 November 2021, 13:07:35 »
See, its stuff like this that drives a man to commit war crimes.

It's not my fault I used napalm on those people, they had it coming when they came out with 400 machine guns.

Or just a couple Scarecrow’s.

Register