Register Register

Author Topic: Fuel Cell combat vehicles in 3028  (Read 5405 times)

RifleMech

• Major
Re: Fuel Cell combat vehicles in 3028
« Reply #90 on: 11 January 2022, 20:15:05 »
Lighter, and eliminates the fuel train.  THAT expense is too often overlooked...  ^-^

There is that.  :)

If it ever got a record sheet somewhere they might have attempted to fix it. I'm going by the stats in the Mechwarrior first edition book.

It'd be really cool if all those old vehicles and robots got updated and put in a TRO. I'd guess that some might end up using support vehicle rules but that's okay.

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Miss Chitty finds your honor rules quaint.
« Reply #91 on: 11 January 2022, 21:14:36 »
It'd be really cool if all those old vehicles and robots got updated and put in a TRO. I'd guess that some might end up using support vehicle rules but that's okay.

If we go strictly by the art I imagine a lot of the vehicles would get considerably shrunk down. It's hard to argue that a basic ground car should be three tons or a jeep five. Nevermind the skimmer, which is drawn practically like a hoverbike.

Of course I could see some of those old light vehicles get rebranded with more appropriate art as different light units.
Good news is the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show an immediate latency of 44.6 years. So if you're thirty or over you're laughing. Worst case scenario you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you've forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator, it makes a happy face.

(indirect accessory to the) Slayer of Monitors!

RifleMech

• Major
« Reply #92 on: 12 January 2022, 04:38:53 »
If we go strictly by the art I imagine a lot of the vehicles would get considerably shrunk down. It's hard to argue that a basic ground car should be three tons or a jeep five. Nevermind the skimmer, which is drawn practically like a hoverbike.

Of course I could see some of those old light vehicles get rebranded with more appropriate art as different light units.

True. I imagine they would too. I think going with stats based on art and fluff, and art based on stats would be nice too. It'd give us more vehicles to play with. The Robots would be more of a problem though as so much has changed.   

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website
« Reply #93 on: 12 January 2022, 20:26:03 »
i'd expect them to get a little slower too (many are ridiculously fast), and be built using the support vehicles rules rather than the combat vehicle ones.

Hellraiser

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
« Reply #94 on: 17 January 2022, 19:18:40 »
Nevermind the skimmer, which is drawn practically like a hoverbike.

Actual size however seems more like a Convertible Miata with the doors taken off.

Perhaps VW is better since its an engine in the rear like the Skimmer.
« Last Edit: 17 January 2022, 19:20:22 by Hellraiser »
3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

Register