Register Register

Poll

What base movement do you need to be not see the -1MP penalty as a problem?

5/8
7 (26.9%)
6/9
8 (30.8%)
8/12
5 (19.2%)
10/15
4 (15.4%)
12/18
2 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Author Topic: How fast is "enough"  (Read 1875 times)

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
Re: How fast is "enough"
« Reply #30 on: 22 November 2022, 11:16:03 »
The other option is to mount fewer (C)ERML and more Heat Sinks.

IIRC, you run into crit problems.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan Confederation Armed Forces.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Colonel
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #31 on: 22 November 2022, 11:24:26 »
It's got four empty crit slots in each side torso.  The Black Hawk uses standard armor and structure so it's quite roomy for a Clan medium mech.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #32 on: 22 November 2022, 11:26:42 »
Might be thinking about the Nova H then, the HMLs taking 2 crits uses up more of that space.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan Confederation Armed Forces.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Colonel
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #33 on: 22 November 2022, 16:29:11 »
Probably.  The H has ten lasers vs the Prime's 12, and also has two more DHS and drops the lower arm and hand actuators.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Col Toda

• Captain
« Reply #34 on: 23 November 2022, 01:06:26 »
All design is a compromise one factor over another . Speed is among the first things sacrificed in this Calculas.  The Wight mech was a logistics boon . 1st it had a compact Engine. 2nd used a Panther chassis.  3 rd had a head capping Heavy PPC . 4th among the only Stock mechs that got near max armor through Heavy Ferro Fibrous armor . It was faster than a Panther without jump . It was a test bed militia unit at a time when alot of combat vehicles was being upgraded to heavy ferro fibrous in field refits . A test bed of 3 different emerging technologies to see how well it works in a cheap light mech package . As to whether or not it is fast enough ? It doesn't have to be win or lose it normally subjects opposition to enough damage to always be a strategic win .

Register