Register Register

Author Topic: Streak LRM10 vs LRM15 + Artemis V  (Read 3693 times)

Retry

• Lieutenant
Re: Streak LRM10 vs LRM15 + Artemis V
« Reply #120 on: 21 October 2020, 15:14:29 »
Is it?  Lol, I think I lightly scanned Ghost Targets one time ages ago & then promptly forgot about it since my GM doesn't use that rule.

In that case, yeah, it would be a solid alternative & give up the actual disruption qualities.
Sort of, but it's limited.  First the ECM unit doing ghost targets has to specify a unit to afflict with the ghost targets within range (can be itself), so it's not a "all enemies in the bubble take a blanket malus" thing.  Then, there's the RNG check you have to pass (Piloting Skill +3), otherwise nothing happens at all.

Ghost target penalties do stack up to +3, so I guess if you had a ton of ECM units close but out of sight you could stack them to silly numbers on a frontline 'mech or 2.

Hellraiser

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
« Reply #121 on: 21 October 2020, 18:46:13 »
Yeah, I'm thinking the flat Ghost Targets w/ the Stacking penalties is a bit too complex for a regular pick up game & also a lot harder to balance by BV.

Something like a basic +1 to the max TMM on the other hand can be calculated quite easily into the BV of the mech.

3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

Adastra

• Sergeant
  • ~(,, _`;;'>
« Reply #122 on: 22 October 2020, 05:32:55 »
Yeah, I'm thinking the flat Ghost Targets w/ the Stacking penalties is a bit too complex for a regular pick up game & also a lot harder to balance by BV.

Something like a basic +1 to the max TMM on the other hand can be calculated quite easily into the BV of the mech.

Perhaps if that's too strong one could use the other benefit of Stealth Armor instead? Not being able to be a secondary target is not a huge benefit, but it's also hardly insignificant.

Minemech

• Captain
« Reply #123 on: 22 October 2020, 10:02:47 »
 Do not modify the Guardian just to protect C3, just accept that with great promise runs the risk of ruin. You can win with a C3 force against an enemy employing ECM.
« Last Edit: 22 October 2020, 10:58:15 by Minemech »

Colt Ward

• Colonel
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #124 on: 22 October 2020, 12:07:58 »
Do not modify the Guardian just to protect C3, just accept that with great promise runs the risk of ruin. You can win with a C3 force against an enemy employing ECM.

It is not modifying . . . its that the ECCM rule should have been part of the standard of that equipment rather than a advanced optional rule.
Colt Ward

Beware the vengeance of a patient man.
Clan Invasion Backer #149

Minemech

• Captain
« Reply #125 on: 22 October 2020, 12:26:24 »
It is not modifying . . . its that the ECCM rule should have been part of the standard of that equipment rather than a advanced optional rule.
I was not commenting on ECCM. That is a perfectly valid argument.

Hellraiser

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
« Reply #126 on: 25 October 2020, 15:36:09 »
I think the issue is that either way you look at it, its not "balanced" or "simple" in BV.

Which is why a flat BV bonus for ECM & having ECM give a flat to hit mod change would have been simple & more balanced.

3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo