Author Topic: Any word on Clan boxset?  (Read 20416 times)

billtfor3

• Lieutenant
  • Smashing Liao and Kurita since 3025!
Any word on Clan boxset?
« on: 06 November 2011, 08:24:25 »
Any rumors going round about the Clan box set?
SGT Mark McKinnon, Recon Lance McKinnon's Company, 7th Crusis Lancers, Federated Suns

Peter Smith

• LBI Shareholder
  • Captain
Re: Any word on Clan boxset?
« Reply #1 on: 06 November 2011, 08:38:56 »
Some, but nothing confirmed.
Power corrupts. Absolute power is kinda neat.

"Now I've got the image of a Haywire pod that's broadcasting "stop hitting yourself" over and over." MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

cold1

• Major
  • Goon
« Reply #2 on: 06 November 2011, 09:13:42 »
Based on what Randall told us about the Intro Box getting put out again and those struggles I am going to guess it will be a little while longer for the clan box.

But I will wait to buy two of them.

To the patient go the spoils

martian

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #3 on: 06 November 2011, 10:35:53 »
BattleChat, 19.II.2011

<Wolf_Lancer_4>: any news about the Clan Box Set?  will we perhaps see its release this year?

<Habeas2>: Wolf_Lancer_4 - Not this year

BattleChat, 24.IV. 2011, Part I.

DEZOAT:  The Clan box set. How many minis will be in it.

Habeas2: DEZOAT - Presently, the plan is for 25 minis.

BattleChat, 24.IV.2011 - Part II.

<ScottSR>: iirc, this morning did you say that there would be 25 mech minis in the clan box set? or was it 21, or someother number?

<Habeas2>: ScottSR - The plan is for there to be 25 figures, in keeping with the Base-5 Clan organizational scheme.

<Vigilante>: Will the Clan Box Set minis be of the same quality as the current box set minis or more like the high quality ones?

<Habeas2>: Vigilante - That really depends on a number of factors I cannot get into right now.

BattleChat, 29.IV.2011

megatrons2nd: Is the rumored clan box real?

Habeas2: Megatrons2nd - "Real" in what way? DOes it exist now? No. Will it? Yeah.

megatrons2nd: the will it part.  Is it planned for a close release with wars of reaving?

Habeas2: Megatrons2nd - No. They are not planned for close release.

megatrons2nd: darn

BattleChat, 26.VI.2011

<One-EyedJack>: Is the Clan box set still being worked on or was it scrapped in favor of the 25 th set?

<Habeas2>: One-EyedJack - It is still being worked on.

I remember that the nice picture of charging Mad Cats in orange tiger-stripe camo was originally destined for the Clan Box Set. I don't know where I read it, maybe on the pre-crash forum.

Shin Yodama

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: 06 November 2011, 10:50:56 »
I remember that the nice picture of charging Mad Cats in orange tiger-stripe camo was originally destined for the Clan Box Set. I don't know where I read it, maybe on the pre-crash forum.

Wasn't it in "Battletech: 25 Years of Art and Fiction"?

Edit Found it - Pg 175
« Last Edit: 06 November 2011, 10:54:35 by Shin Yodama »

martian

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #5 on: 06 November 2011, 10:55:01 »
Wasn't it in "The Art of Battletech"?

Yeah, you are right: "Forthcoming Clan Expansion Set"

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
« Reply #6 on: 06 November 2011, 16:01:53 »
It's going to have 25 figures now?  Last I'd heard, it was going to include 20- the original 3050 omnis minus the Dasher plus 5 Elemental points.  Does anyone know (and can post without violating an NDA) what the others are?
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

BlazingSky

• Lieutenant
  • Ah yes, the rabble and their "Medium Mechs"
« Reply #7 on: 06 November 2011, 16:03:10 »
Likely the original 20 plus the 5 elementals.
I don't post to play nice with everyone. I post to posit my ideas. If this offends you, there's an ignore function.
I knew this day would come! The day of the stapler men has arrived!

The Hawk

• Warrant Officer
  • Have talons, will travel.
« Reply #8 on: 06 November 2011, 16:24:22 »
Likely the original 20 plus the 5 elementals.

But there were only 16 originals.

I suppose the TR3055 Omnis could be included... or a grab-bag of second-line machines...

cold1

• Major
  • Goon
« Reply #9 on: 06 November 2011, 16:32:19 »

I suppose the TR3055 Omnis could be included... or a grab-bag of second-line machines...

Protomechs maybe?

martian

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #10 on: 06 November 2011, 17:10:33 »

I had similar idea. But considering that even second-line 'Mechs from TRO 3055 are on the Unseen list too, it may be better to play it safe.

1. Koshi
2. Uller
3. Puma
4. Dragonfly
5. Fenris
6. Black Hawk
7. Ryoken
8. Vulture
9. Loki
10. Thor
11. Mad Cat
12. Man O' War
13. Masakari
14. Gladiator
15. Daishi

If we want to show new players advantages of Clan engineering, those additional 'Mechs should be OmniMechs too, possibly more or less common in the Inner Sphere.
Maybe some of them could be selected from this group? What do you think?
16. Cauldron-Born
17. Crossbow
18. Grendel
19. Hankyu
20. Battle Cobra
21. Kingfisher
22. Linebacker
23. Nobori-nin

Protomechs maybe?

Personally I don't think so. Clan Box is Expansion, probably destined for new players who bought Intro Box previously. ProtoMechs would need additional rules, different tactics. They are more common in later eras too.

cold1

• Major
  • Goon
« Reply #11 on: 06 November 2011, 17:45:42 »
It was a shot in the dark.

The 3055/58 omni's are much more likely, and I like that idea better.

BlazingSky

• Lieutenant
  • Ah yes, the rabble and their "Medium Mechs"
« Reply #12 on: 06 November 2011, 18:20:41 »

Doubles! :D
I don't post to play nice with everyone. I post to posit my ideas. If this offends you, there's an ignore function.
I knew this day would come! The day of the stapler men has arrived!

SteelRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Fight for something or Die for nothing
    • The Steel-Raven at DeviantArt
« Reply #13 on: 06 November 2011, 20:36:30 »
I'll be happy with the Original 3050 Omnis
Battletech Art and Commissions
http://steel-raven.deviantart.com

Alex Keller

• Captain
« Reply #14 on: 06 November 2011, 21:26:02 »
Do we know if they are all going to be the high quality plastic like the Thor & Loki?

GBL

• Sergeant
« Reply #15 on: 06 November 2011, 23:10:19 »
Do we know if they are all going to be the high quality plastic like the Thor & Loki?

I don't think they know that yet.

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
« Reply #16 on: 06 November 2011, 23:22:56 »
I hope something come of it, maybe for Gencon next year, to win another Gencon award or two!
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

SteelRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Fight for something or Die for nothing
    • The Steel-Raven at DeviantArt
« Reply #17 on: 06 November 2011, 23:25:37 »
That was the plan, though that may be the reason for all the delays.
Battletech Art and Commissions
http://steel-raven.deviantart.com

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
« Reply #18 on: 07 November 2011, 00:14:01 »

I've been on the fence about whether I'd get the set or not, but if they manage to put all of them at that quality level, I'm definitely getting at least one box.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #19 on: 07 November 2011, 00:35:28 »

When was that ever said?
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
1st and 2nd Succession Wars are not happy times. - klarg1

TS_Hawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major
« Reply #20 on: 07 November 2011, 00:39:16 »
Welp my fellow Battletech junkies I know that when this is released I will get it.

Thank you Hikage
Agent 694 N. Idaho

martian

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #21 on: 07 November 2011, 00:41:18 »

Battleshop has 2 high-quality Lokis for 18 USD. Considering that the Clan Box should contain at least 20 'Mechs, multiply it by ten. Add one or two maps and some printed booklet and you get to 200 USD. That definitely too much.

So if the Clan Box set is really finished, it must contain some cheaper miniatures (made from more parts perhaps); you guessed it - something similar to Intro Box Set ... Of course it will be even more expensive because of new molds, printer files and such things. For Intro Box Set it was possible to re-use existing materials - for Clan Box Set, not so much.

Lord Cameron

• Patron Saint of GenCon Goodies
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #22 on: 07 November 2011, 00:44:35 »
I had similar idea. But considering that even second-line 'Mechs from TRO 3055 are on the Unseen list too, it may be better to play it safe.

The Omnimechs from 3055 aren't unseen, and the second lines are now reseen.

I would think that the Shadow Cat, Vapor Eagle & Black Python would be good candidates...
Agent #395, West Coast CDT Lead

GBL

• Sergeant
« Reply #23 on: 07 November 2011, 00:57:37 »
Battleshop has 2 high-quality Lokis for 18 USD. Considering that the Clan Box should contain at least 20 'Mechs, multiply it by ten. Add one or two maps and some printed booklet and you get to 200 USD. That definitely too much.

So if the Clan Box set is really finished, it must contain some cheaper miniatures (made from more parts perhaps); you guessed it - something similar to Intro Box Set ... Of course it will be even more expensive because of new molds, printer files and such things. For Intro Box Set it was possible to re-use existing materials - for Clan Box Set, not so much.

Well if they do it right, its going to be full of multiples, one mold for both the summoner and the hellbringer legs, the same with the timber wolf and the mad dogs. Several Arms and weapon pods are also interchangeable. This should bring down costs considerably if they tool several mechs on a sprue to each mold.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
« Reply #24 on: 07 November 2011, 00:58:53 »

There was an update about 2 months ago- everything that had ever been Unseen at any point was back to being unseen now.

martian

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #25 on: 07 November 2011, 01:41:50 »
Well if they do it right, its going to be full of multiples, one mold for both the summoner and the hellbringer legs, the same with the timber wolf and the mad dogs. Several Arms and weapon pods are also interchangeable. This should bring down costs considerably if they tool several mechs on a sprue to each mold.

I count with it, but on the other hand, you want to make those 'Mechs in higher quality, so it means better molds - higher costs.

I would think that the Shadow Cat, Vapor Eagle & Black Python would be good candidates...

I went by the list from the Rule section above. If I would made Clan Box Set, I wouldn't allowed not a slightest risk of court case. The only way to be totally sure is to choose 'Mechs for what CGL owns and always have owned all art (without any doubt). Can you imagine the disaster if the court decrees "preliminary decision" when the Clan Box is from 2/3 already finished in works in multiple factories...

Good point with that Shadow Cat.

Lord Cameron

• Patron Saint of GenCon Goodies
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #26 on: 07 November 2011, 01:56:05 »
There was an update about 2 months ago- everything that had ever been Unseen at any point was back to being unseen now.

Yes, I'm well aware.  ;)

The 3055's that became unseen again didn't include the 3055 Omnimechs (Pouncer, Linebacker, Phantom etc) that weren't ever part of the unseen, (AFAIK) and so are available.

The Unseen 3055s are back to unseen, but we now have REseen art & minis for all of them, so that's what they could use.

I went by the list from the Rule section above. If I would made Clan Box Set, I wouldn't allowed not a slightest risk of court case. The only way to be totally sure is to choose 'Mechs for what CGL owns and always have owned all art (without any doubt).

I meant that the reseen 3055s (Vapor Eagle, Black python, Glass Spider) would be good candidates to be in the box set.  :-\

The Reseen art is all CGL, so no risk there. I really do like those original 3055 versions, but they're unavailable, so c'est la vie.  :(
No reason not to include those 3055 mechs with the reseen versions in the box set.  :-\
« Last Edit: 07 November 2011, 02:05:04 by Lord Cameron »
Agent #395, West Coast CDT Lead

thrawn

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #27 on: 07 November 2011, 07:13:55 »
Anybody want to speculate on what era the Clan box will be set? I'm assuming 3050 is a fair bet, but the map in the Intro Set is 3067, so it just made me wonder....
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth and say, 'No, you move'." - Captain America

Top Sergeant

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major
  • Swamp Angels Mercenary Regiment
« Reply #28 on: 07 November 2011, 07:48:18 »
Whenever it comes out it will very likely be good.
We hear that there are tumults and riots in Rome, and that voices are raised concerning the army and the quality of our soldiers. Make haste to reassure us that you love and support us as we love and support you, for if we find that we have left our bones to bleach in these sands in vain, then beware the fury of the legions.

HikageMaru

• Captain
  • The Capellans are not evil.
« Reply #29 on: 07 November 2011, 08:47:24 »
Anybody want to speculate on what era the Clan box will be set? I'm assuming 3050 is a fair bet, but the map in the Intro Set is 3067, so it just made me wonder....

Almost definitely 3050, I'd say.  At least with all of the 3050 Omnis.

Register