Author Topic: Factional early IS BA, revised  (Read 2475 times)

Sabelkatten

• Lieutenant Colonel
Factional early IS BA, revised
« on: 10 September 2014, 09:59:16 »
I was thinking about the Raiden and Cavalier, and how they have the exact same stats as the IS standard. It's not that hard to make something original, after all!

And that got me thinking about the rest, and how they've suffered from newer rules. So I came up with this:

Code: [Select]
Cavalier BA
Medium IS biped
1 ground/3 jump MP
Armored glove RA
Battle Claw LA
8 points basic stealth armor
MWM RA (2 slots)
MWM LA (2 slots)
200 kg payload

Raiden BA
Medium IS biped
1 ground/3 jump MP
Armored glove RA
Vibro-Battle Claw LA
8 points standard armor
MWM RA (2 slots)
MWM LA (2 slots)
SSWM Body (3 slots)
205 kg payload

Longinus (revised) BA
Medium IS biped
1 ground/3 jump MP
Armored glove RA
Battle Claw LA
9 points advanced armor
MWM RA (1 slot)
MWM LA (2 slots)
280 kg payload

Fa Shih (revised) BA
Medium IS biped
1 ground/3 jump MP
Magnetic-Battle Claw RA
Magnetic-Battle Claw LA
7 points standard armor
MagClamps Body
APWM Body
MWM RA (2 slots)
MWM LA (2 slots)
200 kg payload

And my own contribution for the Lyrans:

Panzersoldaten BA
Medium IS biped
1 ground/3 jump MP
Basic manipulator RA
Basic manipulator LA
10 points standard armor
APWM LA
SSWM Body (3 slots)
MWM RA (2 slots)
MWM LA (1 slot)
150 kg payload

All of them can carry the original armaments, plus of course several new options (the small laser is completely obsolete when you can mount twin MGs instead).

Prince of Darkness

• Lieutenant
Re: Factional early IS BA, revised
« Reply #1 on: 12 September 2014, 14:57:02 »
For the Panzersoldaten i'd probably just do one modular mount in the body and leave the arms open for anti-personnel mounts- for some reason I like the idea of keeping the Squad support mount exclusive to the Dracs and having the Lyrans focus on large missile launchers.
Cowdragon:
I'm going to type up your response, print it, fold it in half, and look at it like a I would a centerfold. THAT's how sexy your answer was.

Sabelkatten

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #2 on: 12 September 2014, 18:41:02 »
For the Panzersoldaten i'd probably just do one modular mount in the body and leave the arms open for anti-personnel mounts- for some reason I like the idea of keeping the Squad support mount exclusive to the Dracs and having the Lyrans focus on large missile launchers.
All of them are designed as optimized as possible after the primary flavor has been achieved. I abhor the whole idea of "you must design units badly to give them flavor" - I will always optimize as far as possible given whatever design parameters I've set up.

Cavalier: Stealth armor, 200 kg payload.
Raiden: Vibroclaw, 200 kg payload.
Longinus: SL/OS-SRM2 combo (i.e. 1+2 slots and 275 kg).
Fa Shih: Mag Clamps, Magclaws, 200 kg payload.
PzS: 10 points armor, 2 MWMs.

The PzS can't mount a heavy enough weapon to make a body mount worthwhile, so it doesn't get one. It has slots left, so it gets a SSWM.

Prince of Darkness

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: 13 September 2014, 02:24:17 »
Oh, it looks like my problem was more of my misreading than that. Though to be frank, going for optimization but keeping vibroclaws?
Cowdragon:
I'm going to type up your response, print it, fold it in half, and look at it like a I would a centerfold. THAT's how sexy your answer was.

Sabelkatten

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #4 on: 13 September 2014, 04:37:17 »
Oh, it looks like my problem was more of my misreading than that. Though to be frank, going for optimization but keeping vibroclaws?
I don't know if there was much to misread, I was rather too short in the description... Sorry.

Anyway, yeah. Vibroclaws suck (thought I doubt anyone would complain about a house rule that VCs cause one damage per claw ans suit, rather than one per claw and squad). But as I said "...optimize as far as possible given whatever design parameters I've set up.". I wanted a vibroclaw for the Kuritan flavor, so it got a vibroclaw.

It's worth noting that it's actually the most flexible of all the suits, too. Most slots and second-most payload. That in itself might be worth the reduced protection.