Author Topic: The Endurance Race  (Read 2101 times)

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
The Endurance Race
« on: 04 August 2022, 16:33:13 »

Greetings Mechwarrior!  You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the border against Daoshen and the Capellan Confederation!

Situation:

*placeholder- more to come w/pictures of maps & stuff*

Map
96x96 hexes
Clan nova starts in mid
IS force starts w/ Deep Deployment Zones and can start on any edge

Opposition Force List-

At this point I have a company of every weight class except 25/30t, not enough for variety there . . . I have a Clan nova, Veteran against these regulars.  The BV is 25k vs 59k, all of them random pilots.
« Last Edit: 04 August 2022, 19:12:43 by Colt Ward »
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
Re: The Endurance Race
« Reply #1 on: 04 August 2022, 19:21:40 »

For a PC config in this training scenario.

I am going to take it for a test run . . . IF anything survives past the first two battalions I will try it again with the other 10 companies . . . yes, a veteran Nova against 16 regular companies of mechs.  Forced withdraw is in effect since I sort of forgot to change that option, not playing by zell after the first company or two.
Colt Ward

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

BATTLEMASTER

• Captain
  • Engineering where it's not WHY but WHY NOT?
« Reply #2 on: 05 August 2022, 12:07:31 »
How does the OpFor progression work?  I'm assuming the total forces the Nova faces is a total of 59k BV and that's split up per company.  I'm just wondering how the companies go up in BV.

I really like this idea because it reminds me of the gauntlet missions from Ace Combat.
BATTLEMASTER
Trombone Player, Lego Enthusiast, Engineer
Clan Smoke Jaguar, Delta Galaxy ("The Cloud Rangers"), 4th Jaguar Dragoons
"You better stand back, I'm not sure how loud this thing can get!"
If you like Lego, you'll like my Lego battlemech projects!

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #3 on: 05 August 2022, 12:19:15 »
Honestly, not worrying about the BV in the waves.  Keeping the numbers the same being a company (somehow dropped two on the 2nd wave- 25t), what ratchets it up is the mechs are getting heavier- so more armor, structure & weapons.  If you go to the MM subforum, you will see the Wulfen H & Ice Ferret T I have been running have been getting OSK HLL CT cores against the lighter mechs.

One of the things I am going to have to see is the Bot's sensitivity to damage is higher than what a player usually does- too worried about taking damage and causing it.  In some places I think they are holding back too much, but the two speedsters have been dogfighting with attackers.

My test run right now is doing alright . . . Rnd 26, mech wrecks are everywhere, and I just lost the Wulfen and had previously lost a Enyo from my single veh half of a nova point.
Colt Ward

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #4 on: 06 August 2022, 01:47:41 »
Need to refine the bot settings but . . .

Went to turn 43 before I called it- the Mad Cat Mk II E was missing a leg and half the torso, my Ice Ferret T was gimped and I had 1 or 2 Elementals left while the surviving 'Training' mechs were crowding about.  'Combat Loss Grouping' occured around turn 34 . . . damage, criticals, and lack of ammo started adding up- FREX, the Stormcrow finally ran out of AC/20 shells around that time along with the Streak LRMs on the Savage Wolf & regular LRMs on the MCII E.  Even my last Enyo ran out of SSRMs a turn or two (40) before it died.

At the end-
Still had 7 enemy pilots running for the edge of the map.
At least 3 mechs in retreat
2 enemy mechs KO'd
39 enemy mechs killed out of 70
some of what did not go into retreat is also pretty beat on
Colt Ward

Kerfuffin(925)

• Major
« Reply #5 on: 06 August 2022, 01:51:35 »
What all did you end up using for your nova?
NCKestrel’s new favorite.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #6 on: 06 August 2022, 01:57:06 »
All randomly rolled, but I did switch the Wulfen pilot with the MCII's, I wanted the better piloting for Hardened armor, lol

Savage Wolf 'Roland Vickers' (2/4)
     2 iHLL, SLRM15, ERML, ERSPL, RHS, & SC
Mad Cat Mk II E (3/2)
Ice Ferret T (2/4)
Stormcrow B (2/4)
Wulfen H (1/4)
GDL 'Surat' - did not notice it was 4 suits, you would think it would be 5 in MM
Elemental (APG)
Coronoa
Clan Med BA 'Volk'
Enyo Strike Tank x2-  3/4 & 4/4
Colt Ward