Author Topic: Any word on Origins 2023?  (Read 3062 times)

theagent

• Master Sergeant
Any word on Origins 2023?
« on: 30 March 2023, 21:18:30 »
Will anyone from the Demo Team be running any events at Origins 2023 this June?  I was holding off getting my badge until I could also register for the events, but I still haven't seen any Battletech events (not even non-Demo Team events) on the Events list yet.  I know that Events registration doesn't officially open until April 29th, but that's also only 2 days before the last day for refunds, & also starts getting a little close for working out taking time off from work.

Nuck Fewton

• Recruit
Re: Any word on Origins 2023?
« Reply #1 on: 10 April 2023, 10:18:01 »
I'm also interested. I assume the grinder will be there but anything else?

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #2 on: 10 April 2023, 15:41:30 »
I sure HOPE the grinder will be there.
It's not who you kill, but how they die!
You can't shoot what you can't see.
You can not dodge it if you don't know it's coming.

GreyWolfActual

• CDT Global Events Developer
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: 11 April 2023, 13:55:35 »
Right now that is all in the hands of the Origins event approval process. Unfortunately, the demo team doesn't really have any more info at this moment beyond that.
"My name is Saul Tigh. I'm an officer in the Colonial Fleet. Whatever else I am, whatever else it means, that's the man I want to be. And if I die today, that's the man I'll be."
-Saul Tigh

theagent

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: 11 April 2023, 21:17:50 »
Right now that is all in the hands of the Origins event approval process. Unfortunately, the demo team doesn't really have any more info at this moment beyond that.

Have they submitted anything yet?  I could have sworn event submission was open.  But as long as the plan is to be at Origins, I'll be happy.

GreyWolfActual

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: 15 April 2023, 10:30:03 »
Have they submitted anything yet?
Yes, hence why it is in the hands of Origins and not the Demo Team.
"My name is Saul Tigh. I'm an officer in the Colonial Fleet. Whatever else I am, whatever else it means, that's the man I want to be. And if I die today, that's the man I'll be."
-Saul Tigh

theagent

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #6 on: 17 April 2023, 12:32:15 »
Yes, hence why it is in the hands of Origins and not the Demo Team.
Gotcha!

theagent

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #7 on: 30 April 2023, 12:38:06 »
Umm...quick question.  On the Events list, for Thursday 6/22 it's showing some weird times for the Grinders.  It's showing 2 events at 12 AM, 1 event at 2 AM, & then the other events for the day have normal-looking times (4, 6, & 8 PM).  Was that a mistake?  Was the 2 AM time supposed to be 2 PM?  And was one of the 12 AM times supposed to be 10 AM, & the other 12 PM?

GreyWolfActual

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #8 on: 30 April 2023, 16:06:32 »
Yes, those times are in error. I know the leadership has been informed but I also know that our submissions were the correct time. So when those get fixed is, and this might sound repetitive, up to Origins.
-Saul Tigh

theagent

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #9 on: 30 April 2023, 17:47:30 »
Ok, I'll keep an eye on the page, as I was planning on some of the Thursday ones.  That's got to be frustrating for you guys.

theagent

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #10 on: 30 April 2023, 17:51:44 »
Is it safe to assume one of them will be a 10 AM session on Thursday?  My brother-in-law are trying to coordinate, with his sons that's at least 3 (maybe 4) players.

Top Sergeant

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major
  • Swamp Angels Mercenary Regiment
« Reply #11 on: 30 April 2023, 20:08:17 »
I see the Grinder and named events, but Catalyst isn't on the vendor list. I hope they will be there in the vendor hall: if they aren't its just going to feel weird.
We hear that there are tumults and riots in Rome, and that voices are raised concerning the army and the quality of our soldiers. Make haste to reassure us that you love and support us as we love and support you, for if we find that we have left our bones to bleach in these sands in vain, then beware the fury of the legions.

theagent

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #12 on: 01 May 2023, 06:05:11 »
I see the Grinder and named events, but Catalyst isn't on the vendor list. I hope they will be there in the vendor hall: if they aren't its just going to feel weird.

That's strange, I see them on the vendor list for the Vendor Hall map (https://www.originsgamefair.com/show-map), booths 606/700/706.

GreyWolfActual

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #13 on: 01 May 2023, 08:55:49 »
That's strange, I see them on the vendor list for the Vendor Hall map (https://www.originsgamefair.com/show-map), booths 606/700/706.
The link you are quoting is from last year.
-Saul Tigh

theagent

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #14 on: 01 May 2023, 09:33:28 »
The link you are quoting is from last year.
Crap, I hadn't noticed that.

Top Sergeant

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major
  • Swamp Angels Mercenary Regiment
« Reply #15 on: 03 May 2023, 17:29:44 »
Will there be any demos for Leviathans?
We hear that there are tumults and riots in Rome, and that voices are raised concerning the army and the quality of our soldiers. Make haste to reassure us that you love and support us as we love and support you, for if we find that we have left our bones to bleach in these sands in vain, then beware the fury of the legions.

DarkSpade

• Major
Space Marines are guys who look at a chainsaw and think, “That should be balanced for parrying.”

The_Invisible_Swordman

• Recruit
« Reply #17 on: 14 May 2023, 20:10:53 »
For any interested in playing a Battletech scenario at Origins, I'm running a 5 hour event (Unofficial) Thursday 6pm-11pm.

The event is a sequel to the two 4-hour events I ran last year (https://sites.google.com/view/defendthealliance/home).

In this year's event, the Snow Ravens and Outworlds Alliance are striking back at the Draconis Combine. This year's scenario will have fewer optional rules and non-mech units. It will be mostly mechs (limited to types in existence in 3082) this year. Non-mechs aspects will include: a walled city, turrets, MAYBE elementals (going back and forth), and giant mech-carrying hovercraft.

Event # is 5460. More info here (will be adding content as con approaches): https://sites.google.com/view/anunkindnessofsnowravens/home

ALSO...if you are up to try a lighter WWII tank mini game, please check-out the game I am prototyping, "Tankboom!!!" (events 5461 & 5462, more info here: https://sites.google.com/view/tankboom/home)