Author Topic: Star League XVIII Corps  (Read 2065 times)

BrokenMnemonic

• Lieutenant
Star League XVIII Corps
« on: 21 July 2011, 06:01:06 »
I know that this is possibly a really daft question as it relates to the 1988 Star League sourcebook, but with the recent publication of Historical: Reunification War and a recent comment about Historical: Liberation of Terra that's causing some excitement, I thought I'd ask anyway as it may already have cropped up in the background research done to date.

On p.142 of the Star League sourcebook is the breakdown of XVIII Corps, one of the four corps that made up the Ninth Army. XVIII corps was stationed in District 2 of the Free Worlds League Military Region as at 2764.

Unfortunately, on p. 155 of the Star League sourcebook is another XVIII corps, this time a part of the Seventeenth Army, and stationed in the Magistry of Canopus in 2764. This corps has a completely different unit makeup than the XVIII corps detailed on p. 142.

Given that the other periphery-based corps in 2764 all seem to start being numbered around the 40th and head upwards from there, the designation of another XVIII corps on p. 155 looks like a mistake or typo - I was wondering if that is the case, and if so, what the actual designation should be?

It's more interesting than optimal, and therefore better. O0 - Weirdo

Bones

• Freelance Writer
  • Private
  • Grand Marshal of the AFFS
Re: Star League XVIII Corps
« Reply #1 on: 21 July 2011, 11:04:06 »
Not a question that can be definitively answered at the moment.

BrokenMnemonic

• Lieutenant
Re: Star League XVIII Corps
« Reply #2 on: 23 July 2011, 02:11:21 »
I don't know if this helps, but having just run through the list of Corps in the sourcebook there doesn't seem to be one missing, which would indicate that XVIII Corps is a designation that got duplicated in error, rather than one of the two being a typo. That would make one of hte two XVIII Corps actually LXXII Corps - which would be fairly consistent, as a lot of the Corps numbered above 50 or 60 are in the Periphery in 2764.

It's more interesting than optimal, and therefore better. O0 - Weirdo

Register