Author Topic: Danger Everywhere  (Read 8329 times)

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
Re: Danger Everywhere
« Reply #60 on: 27 November 2023, 18:47:56 »
True, but I thought there weren't that many of them, even after a decade...

georgiaboy

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #61 on: 27 November 2023, 19:43:17 »
Actually the Wolfhound has seen out for 22 years. Dan Alard got his hound after the Silver Eagle incident in ~3028.
« Last Edit: 08 December 2023, 13:00:18 by georgiaboy »
"Constructive critism is never a bad comment"
-Me

"By all means marry. If you get a good wife, you'll be happy. If you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher."
- Socrates

vianca

• Sergeant
« Reply #62 on: 08 December 2023, 10:38:49 »
Heh, if they can hold Star's End, then they have a Shipyard.
Now all the other needed support equipement.
If only they could help relocate a few factory lines.

Plus finding enough trustworthy crew, to man it all.
If only they could get a few Phoenix Hawk factory lines and the last LAM factory, relocated.

Well, we will see what will happen, in tge next chapter.

2ndAcr

• Captain
« Reply #63 on: 08 December 2023, 17:37:52 »
16 June 3050
Stars End

"Felicia, have the shuttle come down and pick up Point Commander Trisha and her people. Be watching for these pirates Jumpships to return. If they do, it would be nice to capture those ships if we can." Major Wiliam Mitchell radioed to the Jump Point.

It took some time for the response to come back "Shuttle will be on the way. We already have the Zenith Jump Point plotted in case they come in there." Captain Felicia Graves replied

"Good thinking. Also, see if you can make contact with the folks running the repair facilities and see what they are going to charge us for basic maintanence and possibly modifications on Dropships. One of the captured Overlords has been modified to carry a full Battalion of Infantry plus a good supply quantity. I am going to assume it was done here, so ask." Major William Mitchell said

17 June 3050

"We are going to boost in two days and try to make it back to friendly lines. We only have six collars so we will be leaving a Dropships behind. If you want it, you can have it, or we will destroy it on the ground." Major Walter Duboise said

"I only have three collars myself right now. But I will take it and if I cannot put it to use, destroy it for you. What are you leaving behind?" Major William Mitchell asked

"Condor, the 10th Donegal's." Major Walter Duboise replied

"May I suggest you keep the Condors, leave the Triumph and take the pirate Seeker. That would probably be a more comfortable ride for you all. At least the extra bunks and life support will make it more tolerable." Major William Mitchell said

"That would require me to leave behind my only combat force outside of the Aerospace fighters. Not sure I like that." Major Walter Duboise replied with a frown

"You expect to make a landing where you might face a fight with the Clan's? Tell me your not that crazy. If so, pack the tanks onboard the Mule, it is not optimum, but there you go." Major William Mitchell said

"No, nowhere near that crazy. Heck, we are still sorting out how to carry enough water for the trip." Major Walter Duboise replied

"There are ten water tanks between both of the pirate bases. Each holds 20,000 gallons. Take 8 of them if you want. Their weight is nothing in the big scheme of things. I plan to take the other two with us." Major William Mitchell said

"Neighborly of you. I will take you up on the Seeker. I will also give you 800 tons of AFFC select field rations. Should be enough to feed you people for at least a year. I will also toss in eight Striker LRM light tanks and four Sleipnir APC's. I'll toss in some LRM ammo and replacement armor." Major Walter Duboise replied

"Gladly take the combat rations, but damned if I have the people to crew those vehicles or even maintain them." Major William Mitchell said

"Use them for trade if you want to, I have no need for them. They are my odd man out vehicles anyway." Major Walter Duboise replied

"Thanks, get your Mule over here and I will have my people throw in and help get the water tanks installed in the Mule. It will give me time to work out what I am going to do with all these prisoners. Damned if I am going to trust them as far as I can throw them with weapons." Major William Mitchell said

"I cannot help you with that decision. My advice, keep them under guard until you leave and then kick them loose. Stranded down here with no weapons to defend themselves. I don't have the space to haul them, even money says they are all wanted in the FedCom. Minimum of 15,000 C-bills per head for just being a part of a pirate band, more if they had a rap sheet." Major Walter Duboise replied

20 June 3050

With the departure of the AFFC troops and mercenary survivors, Major William Mitchell and his troops were alone on Stars End. He felt the tinge of some depression, with no idea of where to go or what to do when the call from Star Captain Branden came in.

"We made contact with those running the yards. They did do the conversion on the Overlord Dropship. But they ask for much in return." Star Captain Branden said

"Tell them we will trade them a fully functional Triumph Dropship and Fury Dropship to convert another Overlord Dropship to that Infantry version and to fully service all of our ships. See if that will be enough. We only have three collars so I am trying to maximize those collars best I can. If we do not get lucky, we might be forced to leave our Mule behind so we will need the additional cargo space that version has. Maybe even convert the third Overlord, but I am not sold on that yet. I also need a time frame to work with." Major William Mitchell replied

"Aff, I will relay that infomation to Captain Graves, she is conducting the negotiations on site with them." Star Captain Branden replied

"She has security with her I hope." Major William Mitchell asked

"Aff, two of Point Commander Fuykes warriors are with her and the shuttle." Star Captain Branden replied

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #64 on: 08 December 2023, 18:50:46 »
Two DropShips should cover the bill, yep... :)

2ndAcr

• Captain
« Reply #65 on: 08 December 2023, 20:05:52 »
20 June 3050
Stars End

Deep in the asteroid field, Captain Felicia Graves had spent th last two hours negotiating with the locals who ran the orbital repair facilities. She had been here twice before, it was the closest place to the Oberon Confederation to have any work done on Jumpships or Dropships. Word of the fighting on the surface had already reached those out here and that only made the locals more nervous.

"Look, we can trade two Dropships to cover the conversion of the Overlord in addition to maintenance on our other Dropships. They are in need of new air scrubbers at the very least." Captain Felicia Graves said

"Fighting with those here is not the best way to curry favor with us." The man replied

"I can agree to that, but we did not come looking for a fight. Do the work, take the two Dropships as payment and we will leave as quick as we can." Captain Felicia Graves said

"The conversion will take three months to complete, we have to enlarge the ships environmental systems and life support systems. Fabrication of the parts takes time. It cannot be done quicker. But, you must promise no more hostilities while you are here." The man replied

"We will not start anything, but neither will we stand by and be threatened or attacked without defending ourselves. I must be clear on this." Captain Felicia Graves said

"Agreed then. Your shuttle can handle transporting some of my people to the surface? They will begin work on your other ships air scrubbers and evaluating what other work needs to be completed. Also one of my pilots who will guide your crew to where we will work on the conversion." The man said

"We can handle that. How soon can they be ready for departure?" Captain Felicia Graves asked

"Within the hour." The man replied

"Very well. Have them at my shuttle ready to depart in an hour." Captain Felicia Graves said

Once back onboard the Clan shuttle, she relayed the deal to both Star Captain Branden and Major William Mitchell on the surface. Though the deal was expensive, it also washed away any hope of capturing one of the returning Jumpships for extra collar space.

"Star Captain Branden, have the other shuttle bring down Point Commander Trishia and her troops. Keep the others with you. They will stay with our Overlord while it is being worked on up there with our crew as security. We will rotate them every month back to the surface or Excellence. Possibly every two weeks. I want every move they make watched closely by our engineers." Major William Mitchell ordered

27 July 3050

The return of one of the Invader Jumpships that had departed with Major Walter Duboise was a surprise to everyone. It carried the two Leopard CV and nothing else. Communication was quickly established between Excellence and the returning Invader Jumpship.

"It was a trap. We went to Icar. Comstar said the coast was clear and no Clan troops. Major Duboise took the Dropships down. The only reason the Leopards made it back to us was they stayed in orbit. I have no clue where the other Invader went when we jumped out. The last message from the surface was a simple RUN ITS A TRAP. We delayed just long enough to scoop the returning Leopards."

EAGLE 7

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #66 on: 08 December 2023, 20:53:24 »
 Just when I was jones’n for some Mitchell-mania crack-fic.
“ My Clan honor is bigger than your Dragon honor, and comes in 18 clan flavors.”

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #67 on: 08 December 2023, 22:58:18 »
That seems a little early for ComStar to be turning coat...

2ndAcr

• Captain
« Reply #68 on: 08 December 2023, 23:38:30 »
 Canon, Focht was dispatched to negotiate with the Clans Jan 3050, assume command circuit and actual invasion of Inner Sphere (Wave 1) was not launched until March 3050.

It was then (three month window) that Comstar negotiated to administer the planets for the Clans, hamper HPG comms, etc. I am going to assume (in my canon anyway) that also includes guarding prisoners of the Clans.

vianca

• Sergeant
« Reply #69 on: 09 December 2023, 04:47:20 »
Well, looks like he has the extra collar that he needs.
Shame about that Seeker, though.
Same for those MASH trucks.
Will that mean a raid is in the works?

He needs self propelled artillery.
It's the only thing that can outrange the clan weapons.
Too bad he is all out.
So, will he start raiding the supply lines, in order to capture some clan jumpships with attached dropships?
Might net him some clan mechs, techs and so on.

I hope on a miracle, that that Seeker managed to get out with the MASH units, but to be honest, that's a very faint hope, what with Battlearmor being around.
Lets hope all those other jumpships can get back in those three months.
I do know that knowing that they can't trust Comstar...
Does Star's End have a Comstar HPG or not?
Because if it does, this would be a reason to capture it, Quiaff?
And they should share their finding with the shipyard folks, might let them sing differently.
Just knowing they are now completely isolated and no new work coming in, because of these clans......
Heh, Comstar just made themselves a target for them, considering they are working WITH the Clans, a trail of grevians(?), I'm sure the Clans can agree with.
Heh, could they use that to get those folks out, recover those dropships and perhaps get some jumpships back, with crews?

If only he could cature a full clan database, with enough techs to work with it.
I suggest that they check what the local shipyards used to be capable of making and if their captured clan folks can bring some of them back online.
Even if it are upgraded primitive royalty class jumpships, it's that or consider the Royalty & Tramp classes to be designed right on the switch from primitive to modern jumpcores, for civillian jumpships.

I really hope they can get something going.
Still a shame of that Seeker, since it had a hospital on board and might have been loaded with those MASH units as well.
Clan mechs are to normal mechs as what Royal mechs are to primitive mechs.
Elementals are like the strongest people around, so those trails the Clans like so much, are quite unfair.
Mmm, maybe that's what those damaged light mechs could be used for, fair trails.
Naturally, the mech warrior need similar testing range times & points, as well.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #70 on: 09 December 2023, 06:21:27 »
Thanks 2ndACR! :)

If Star's End had an HPG, I doubt it would have remained independent.  That said, I'm sure there's a ROM presence... ;)

2ndAcr

• Captain
« Reply #71 on: 10 December 2023, 21:32:51 »
30 July 3050
Stars End

"We are not sure exactly what happened on the ground but we got some good surface scans until the order to run came in. We have not taken a look at them in any detail, but outside of Cuanger we identified what looked like a fortified camp of some sort. We identified what look like barracks and guard towers." Captain Bruce Uvalde, Commander 2nd Squadron 12th Star Guard, said

"But you clearly got a all clear from Comstar? We sure it was not a Clan trick of some sort?" Major William Mitchell asked

"Icar is a Clan Wolf holding now. Using deception of that sort is not Clan Wolf's way." Point Commander Trishia replied

Captain Uvalde was still very wary of the former Clan warrior, having lost the entire ground force of the 3rd Regiment, 12th Star Guard to Elementals on Icar when they overran their Dropships. "It was Comstar that gave the all clear. Precentor of Icar himself."

"Point Commander Trishia, best guess on what forces are defending Icar from Clan Wolf?" Major William Mitchell asked

"I have no way of knowing that." Point Commander Trishia replied

"I asked for a guess, I am not going to hold it against you if your wrong. Use Placida as an example where we met you." Major William Mitchell said

"Probable a Garrison Trinary. From Epsilon Galaxy. Same as our former assignment. A Star of Battlemechs, Star of Elementals and Star of Aerospace Fighters." Point Commander Trishia replied

"I am still rusty on what that actually entails. Elaborate please." Major William Mitchell said

"Five Battlemechs, twenty five Elementals and ten fighters." Point Commander Trishia replied

"Correct me if I am wrong but bidding can decrease what we actually face in a fight correct?" Major Mitchell asked

"Aff, if properly bid, you can minimize the forces you would face." Point Commander Trishia replied

"And if we won, the Clan Wolf forces would hold to their word and give us what we asked for?" Major Mitchell asked

"Aff. But you would need to word the bid precisely." Point Commander Trishia replied

"That is something that you and Star Captain Branden can help me with. How about it Captain Uvalde, your people game to try and rescue our friends?" Major William Mitchell said

"Yes sir, if you can shorten the odds some. Those Clan weapons are not something I want to face without the odds stacked in my favor." Captain Bruce Uvalde replied
« Last Edit: 10 December 2023, 21:46:08 by 2ndAcr »

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #72 on: 11 December 2023, 04:17:18 »
If he pulls that off, the FedCom is going to owe him a solid!

Elmoth

• Major
  • Periphery fanboy
« Reply #73 on: 11 December 2023, 05:28:53 »
I would say the FedCom should integrate them as the core of a new unit.

Let's see....

2 elemental points (10 elementals)
A star of fighters (6 fighters, but IS fighters)
A bunch of mechs.
Infantry.

The mechs are the weak link here, unless they pull some stuff up. Infantyr would be an asset, but the clans hardly ever use that, so they are unlikely to accept regular infantry as a valid thing to bet.

2ndAcr

• Captain
« Reply #74 on: 16 December 2023, 13:18:05 »
19 September 3050
Icar (Clan Wolf)

CWS Excellence, Invader Jumpship, entered the Nadir Jump Point and detached three Overlord Dropships which began a 1G burn for the planet 16 days away. They were sporting the Clan Wolf transponder in case they tripped over a Clan Wolf ship. Star Captain Branden would make any radio calls if something unexpected happened. This was only phase one of the plan created by Major William Mitchell. While waiting for the conversions to be completed on their Dropships, he had come up with a plan that, while distasteful to the former Clan Wolf personnel as a violation of Clan practices, which he had reminded them that they were no longer Clan, it would avoid inflicting casualties on their former kin. He just hoped it held together and worked.

27 September 3050

As the three Overlord Dropships reached the halfway point and began their deceleration burns, SG Guardian, Invader Jumpship, materialized at a non standard point just two days from the planets surface. It detached two Leopard CV Dropships and launched a single Clan shuttle which headed for the surface whil;e both Leopard CV's remained behind to protect their Jumpship.

Knowing that the deceleration burns would attract attention, Major William Mitchell made the radio call which would either make or break his plan.

"Any station on Icar this is the 2nd Guards looking for a safe place to ground." He was met by silence for several minutes before a response came back.

"Calling station, this is Icar Comstar compound. Icar is secure and hostile forces have departed. The civilian space port is a mess but you may ground at Cuanger. Former AFFC garrison base so be advised there are several damaged Dropships already there. Transmitting coordinates."

Major William Mitchell looked at Captain Bruce Uvalde and said "Almost word for word what was recorded on your last visit here. So Comstar is helping Clan Wolf." He then replied on the radio "Roger that. Good news that those Wolf folks have passed thru, we don't want to mess with them again. Coordinates received. See you in a few days."

"Ths plan of yours is risky as hell." Captain Bruce Uvalde replied

"I prefer to avoid casualties when possible, besides, those Clan Wolf folks on the surface broke the rules first by using deception. Only fair that we return the favor." Major William Mitchell said

29 September 3050

Pilot Jessica piloting the K-1C Dropshuttle made a gentle landing in a clearing barely large enough to land. "Good soft landing." Captain Marcus Wright said as he unstrapped from his seat and moved to join his people. She had carried all three of Captain Wrights platoons along with both Elemental points. They were phase three of the plan. She had come in as slow as possible to avoid as much noise as she could even if it made controlling the shuttle harder.

"All right folks we have about 40 kilometers of hiking to do and three days to do it. Get all our equipment sorted out. We move at night only just in case they have patrols out running. Then we get to do some recon." Captain Wright said to his people. He then turned to Point Commander Trishia "You still want to go on your own?"

"Aff. We can move faster then you. I will have my Point in position by dawn tomorrow. Point Commander Derce and his warriors will remain with you." Point Commander Trishia replied

"Very well. You may head out when you are ready. We will join you in a few days." Captain Wright said

cawest

• Captain
« Reply #75 on: 16 December 2023, 14:37:59 »
would be nice if they can get some more battle armor.. even if slightly used.  that would be the way to the hearts of some of the Clanners that don't have a set. 

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #76 on: 16 December 2023, 16:51:15 »
This is going to be tricky to pull off, but Mitchell just might be able to... ;)

2ndAcr

• Captain
« Reply #77 on: 17 December 2023, 13:40:05 »
31 September 3050
Icar (Clan Wolf)

Point Commander Trishia watched with some admiration as Captain Wright's infantry assault teams quickly and silently took down the pairs of Elemental sentries around the small compound section Clan Wolf was using. They might be freeborn themselves, but she had to admire the skill they displayed. She moved her Point to the Elemental barracks while the other Point stationed themselves to deny access to Clan Wolf's equipment. The assault teams wasted little time in getting to their designated buildings and began making entry, silently. The four medics moved from downed Elemental to downed Elemental checking that they were stable and in no danger.

She reached out her battle claw and grasped the door handle of the Elemental barracks. A simple pull and the door was ripped from the hinges and her Point flowed inside smoothly. There was a crashing sound from inside and she made entry to see several Clan Wolf Elementals actually wrestling with one of her warriors battle suits. Another unarmored Elemental was thrown across the room followed by another to join the previous two.

"It is useless to resist. Stay where you are and this will be over soon." Point Commander Trishia said over external speakers

Once things calmed down enough she called Captain Wright. "Elemental barracks secured."

"We are almost done ourselves. Only problem is there are about 12 Elementals in the technician barracks. We did not expect them. I have four folks down hard with injuries." Captain Wright replied

"Do you require assistance?" Point Comander Trishia asked

"No, they are all down, it was just not expected." Captain Wright said

It took 20 minutes before the team of medics reached the Elemental barracks along with one of the regular assault teams. The medics moved to check the still konocked out Elementals that had tried a valiant resistance. Once Point Commander Trishia was convinced all was secure, she motioned for one of the "captured" Clan Wolf Elementals wearing the rank of Star Commander to follow her outide.

"Name." She ordered

"Star Commander Franklin. This was not an honorable attack. Your suit has Clan Wolf markings." Star Commander Franklin replied

"No more dishonorable than what you had planned. You were defeated in the same deceitful way in which you planned to defeat us. We are no longer Clan Wolf. We were taken in battle honorablly by the 2nd Guards and given a chance to become warriors again. We took it." Point Commander Trishia said

The "captured" Elemental absorbed this with a slight nod but still had a defiant look on his face. Captain Marcus Wright approached them and asked "Why is he not asleep?"

"This is Star Commander Franklin, I wanted to speak with him." Point Commander Trishia replied

"Well until those prisoners are freed, I do not want him on his feet. We will sort things out once the Major gets down here in a few hours." Captain Wright said

Point Commander Trishia quickly pulled a cord from one of the suits small compartments and wrapped it around the Star Commanders wrist before either could say a word. "Star Commander Franklin you are my bondsman. Defeated by deceit as you were going to use against us. Do you accept or request Bondserf?"

"Neg, I accept the bondcord." Star Commander Franklin replied

"You will remain here and assist Captain Wright in maintaining control, Quiaff." Point Commander Trishia said

"Aff. I will do as ordered." Star Commander Franklin replied

"Your warriors are to be tranqualized for their safety and ours for now. Go to the barracks and make sure this happens." Point Commander Trishia ordered

"Aff." Star Commander Franklin replied and headed for the barracks door.

"You seem to be pretty sure of this." Captain Wright said

"He will be no trouble to you. I will explain further once we have completed our next mission and Major Mitchell joins us. Star Captain Branden will agree with me." Point Commander Trishia said

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #78 on: 17 December 2023, 13:48:06 »
So far so good... ;)

Elmoth

• Major
  • Periphery fanboy
« Reply #79 on: 17 December 2023, 17:34:32 »
Waiting for the crap to hit the fan any time now.

georgiaboy

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #80 on: 17 December 2023, 17:45:45 »
Have they captured enough elementals to form a complete Star?
"Constructive critism is never a bad comment"
-Me

"By all means marry. If you get a good wife, you'll be happy. If you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher."
- Socrates

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #81 on: 17 December 2023, 18:04:25 »
If they haven't, they're close! :)

2ndAcr

• Captain
« Reply #82 on: 17 December 2023, 19:02:58 »
1 October 3050
Icar (Clan Wolf)

Gunfire erupted from the prison compound for a few brief seconds before ending. Captain Marcus Wright did not hesitate and dispatched two of his platoons to assist Point Commander Trishia and her Elementals. Dawn was just breaking and he could clearly see the engine flares from the descending Dropships. Major Mitchell would be on the ground within the hour. He paced nervously before the radio came to life.

"The prison compound is secure." Point Commander Trishia said

"What the hell happened?" Captain Marcus Wright asked

"Walked into a roving patrol. They got off some shots before we brought them down." Point Commander Trishia replied

"Two platoons on their way to your location. Turn the operation over to them and you report back to me." Captain Wright said

"Aff Captain Wright." Point Commander Trishia replied

Point Commander Trishia and her Elementals returned as their Overlords were settling to the ground. Major William Mitchell was the first out of the Overlord Dropship in his Thunderbolt. He paused as he got his bearings and then walked to where both were waiting. He popped his cockpit and descended to the ground.

"Report?" Major William Mitchell said

"Both compounds secure. I have 4 lightly wounded, couple broken bones and bruises." Captain Marcus Wright said

"Acceptable." He said as he lifted a handheld radio "Captain Murphy, Brvao Company to the prison compound and provide overwatch."

Eight Locusts and four Stingers headed in the direction of the prison compound. Major Mitchell spotted an unarmored but obvious Elemental walking towards them. "Who is this big fellow approaching?" he asked as his hand dropped towards his holstered pistol.

"Star Commander Franklin, he is my bondsman." Point Commander Trishia replied

"Care to explain that a little more Poitn Commander Trishia." Major Mitchell said but kept his eyes on approaching man.

"He was defeated and I took him as my bondsman. Much as we once were, just not the Clan way." Point Commander Trishia replied as she waved Star Commander Franklin over. When he arrived she spoke again, "Star Commander Frankilin, this is Major Mitchell, our commander. Captain Wright, did Star Commander Franklin present any difficulties?"

"No, he did not give us any problems and actually helped keep those big folks in check. They are even still awake, under guard, but awake." Captain Wright said

She reached out and cut the bond cord from Star Commander Franklin's wrist. "I delcare you free of your bond cord. With Major Mitchell's permission, I declare you Abtakha."

Star Commander Franklin rubbed his wrist where the bond cord had been. But before he could speak Point Commander Trishia asked "How many of the others will join us and not be a problem?"

"Of my Star, three Points worth. The others will be trouble. Mechwarriors, two. Fighter pilots all of them. Those are the ones that protested Star Captain Manuel orders to use deception instead of battle." Star Commander Franklin replied

Major William Mitchell and Captain Marcus Wright exchanged looks but their attention was pulled to approaching vehicles, one of Captain Wrights infantry riding standing in the passenger seat of a jeep followed by ten trucks. They halted close by and people poured from the back of the trucks. "First load of prisoners. It is going to take at least another two to three trips to get them all over here."

"Lord your a sight for sore eyes." A voice said as the crowd parted slightly and Major Walter Duboise appeared from among the freed prisoners. He shook hands all around, even with Point Commander Trishia, he avoided Star Commander Franklin though.

"We got word on what happened and it just seemed like the right thing to do was to come fetch you." Major William Mitchell said with a smile

"Damn glad you did. I was getting real tired of playing wrench monkey. Manual labor is not something I am cut out for anymore." Major Duboise replied

"Fixing things?" Major Mitchell asked

"Collecting the wrecks from the various battle sites. Several big warehouses full of shot up Battlemechs, they done took the best ones and all the Dropships god knows where. Bunch of prisoners too." Major Duboise said

"Well now, let's go take a look at what we might be able to salvage from those warehouses." Major Mitchell said with a grin

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #83 on: 17 December 2023, 19:06:51 »
Sounds like victory to me... we'll see how long they can keep it that way... :D

cawest

• Captain
« Reply #84 on: 17 December 2023, 21:46:53 »
do they have any open drop collars?  might find a mule that could be put to rights at least enough for a one way flight the jumpship.  Or the locals might know where a damaged dropship is in orbit around the star.  It could be towed to the jumpship and then loaded using small craft if that is all that is left on the planet.  if they can find out when the next supply ship is coming?  then they could not the time line they have to work with.  i would not try any games, because an Odyssey or Monolith would be nice but you might get a bigger fish or one with alot mroe teeth 

2ndAcr

• Captain
« Reply #85 on: 18 December 2023, 19:42:09 »
1 October 3050
Icar (Clan Wolf)

"Wakey wakey." Major William Mitchell said as he nudged the shoulder of Star Captain Gorge with the toe of his boot. He kept doing it until the man started to stir before jerking upright on the floor.

"WHAT IS THIS!!!!" Star Captain Gorge yelled

"You lost. Simple really, you and Comstar planned to deceive us and ambush us. We are just sneakier than you folks. I have been told that you are not a very good commander, most of your troops hate you. Your cruel, your punishments are extreme and your basically a waste of the oxygen you breathe. When we leave, I am going to knock you and the others we leave behind back out. You can then explain how you managed to lose all your equipment, most of your troops, all of the prisoners and quite a few damaged but repairable Battlemechs to those above you. I for one want to personally thank you for the new ride. I am told your Thug has been reworked with your more powerful Clan weapons. I cannot wait to try it out in a fight. Right now, your alone in here but others will be joining you soon. I will have some food and water brought in for you. Tell your leaders that they have not heard the last of the 2nd Guards. Goodbye Star Captain Gorge." Major William Mitchell said as he turned and left the barracks.

He walked to where Captain Marcus Wright was standing with Major Walter Duboise. "That is one pissed off dude in there." He said with a smile.

Captain Marcus Wright handed over a list of what they had captured and would be taking with them when they left. "The techs sent this over while you were in there sir."

Major William Mitchell took the list and looked it over. "Bring down the Mule, we are going to need it."

Battle Ready

1 Thug (Modified with Clan Weapons)
 1 Wyvern WVE-5N
 1 Kintaro KTO-19b
 1 Hussar HSR-200-Db
 1 Thorn THE-Nb
 1 Rapier RPR-100b (Modified with Clan Weapons)
 3 Rapier RPR-100b
 2 Hammerhead HMR-HDb
 2 Zero ZRO-116b
 2 Hellcat II HCT-213C
 25 Elemental Battle Suits
 28 Patton Main Battle Tanks
 10 Heavy Hover APC
 18 Trucks Cargo
 3 Clan ERPPC
 2 Clan Streak SRM-6
 2 Clan Large Pulse Laser
 2 Clan Medium Pulse Laser
 1 Clan LRM-20
 20 tons Clan LRM-20 (Art) Ammo
 20 tons Clan Ultra 20 Ammo
 10 tons Clan Streak SRM-6 Ammo
 30 tons Ferro-Fibrous
 50 tons Standard Armor

"I don't see what they have pulled from the battle salvage?" Major Mitchell said

"Probably still looking that mess over. You saw the warehouses, it is going to take some time to figure out what is worth hauling off in a short time frame." Major Duboise replied

"Tell them to grab what they even remotely haul off or get loaded. Cancel the Mule, I want to get out of here quick. Pack everything we can into the Overlords. I am goign to head over to where Point Commander Trishia is talking with our potential new recruits. I sure hope this doesn't backfire on us." Major Mitchell said

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #86 on: 18 December 2023, 20:20:03 »
Cancel the Mule???

2ndAcr

• Captain
« Reply #87 on: 18 December 2023, 20:29:30 »
 Two days away, time to run for it.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #88 on: 18 December 2023, 20:31:54 »
Ah, that makes a bit more sense... maybe at least move some of the equipment further away from the ones they just royally pissed off?

Moriarty74

• Private
« Reply #89 on: 18 December 2023, 21:51:13 »
Hoping that they go ahead and destroy the warehouses and anything they can't haul off with them as well as some thermite type charges on any salvageable mechs to make sure that the losses are total for them.
"Like spirited Eridani stallions chasing after fat, clumsy Luthien cows" Anonymous Rasalhague Journalist, 2749

https://kushialbattletech.blogspot.com/