Author Topic: Falcon Rising (Diana Pryde's Nova)  (Read 469 times)

Xan

• Master Sergeant
Falcon Rising (Diana Pryde's Nova)
« on: 09 December 2023, 15:44:42 »
This my take on Diana's Nova from her final trial to win the Pryde bloodname, as shown on the cover of Falcon Rising.

She had what appeared to be a modified A variant, with PPCs in the arms and lasers, but the book didn't specify how many lasers. The cover makes it look like its probably four, but I could only fit two and make it look good.  I didn't see a mention of the AMS so that appeared to have been removed to make room for the lasers.  I'm guessing she removed a jump jet or two as well.

For the model, the arms are from an Adder, and I cut the hip and side torsos out to make it look more like the old school nova's.  Torso lasers are from a small paperclip.

First time trying a lava base, I think it turned out pretty good.  The color transitions are not great, but serviceable, something for me to work on.  I dry brushed a little orange on to the legs and underside of the torso, to make it look like its reflecting up.  Unless you know its there you will never see it, but I think its a nice little touch. 

Thanks for looking!

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Re: Falcon Rising (Diana Pryde's Nova)
« Reply #1 on: 09 December 2023, 16:40:50 »
 :smilie_happy_thumbup:

Gorgon

• Warrant Officer
  • The little duchy that could
« Reply #2 on: 09 December 2023, 17:00:16 »
I really like the subtle light effect on the Nova's underside. It made me take a second and third look, because at first I wasn't sure if it's really there or my eyes were playing tricks on me. Nicely done!
Jude Melancon lives!

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Colonel
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #3 on: 09 December 2023, 22:50:35 »
That's great looking work, Xan, and I love how you made the Nova retro. I've actually loved the new waisted version, but you're tempting me to find some way (other than buying yet another Clan Invasion box) to get one to do the mod to.

And I expect you're in the same position as me - as one creates mods on the Clan minis, the stockpile of parts to use making new mods climbs ;)
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Lion-Face

• Recruit
« Reply #4 on: 09 December 2023, 23:06:27 »
I really like the subtle light effect on the Nova's underside. It made me take a second and third look, because at first I wasn't sure if it's really there or my eyes were playing tricks on me. Nicely done!

Yeah I agree, first picture I was thinking it needed some underbelly glow, but each picture saw more of a hint of it, just subtle enough to add to the paint job but not overdone, really nice!

avon1985

• Major
« Reply #5 on: 11 December 2023, 06:12:57 »
Sweet! :smilie_happy_thumbup:

Known Glitch

• Master Sergeant
  • Why haven't we fixed this yet?
« Reply #6 on: 11 December 2023, 07:19:02 »
Nicely done and another  :smilie_happy_thumbup: on the reflection of the lava glow.  Very cool.

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #7 on: 11 December 2023, 12:05:22 »
Good work!   

Gladius-XC

• Sergeant
« Reply #8 on: 11 December 2023, 12:10:31 »
That’s a great looking mod!

Mecha82

• Lieutenant Colonel