Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General BattleTech Discussion / Re: New to Alpha Strike.
« Last post by Normie on Today at 15:00:05 »
I would really recommend the alpha strike box set if you're just starting out. The tokens and the cardstock terrain are great. It has a good selection of mechs at lower price point than buying 2 lances and star. It also has rules for missions and previews some of the special rules in the alpha strike commander's edition book.

As far as good mechs, that's a hard question to answer. The size of the game, missions, and the optional rules that are available can all change what's good. I would worry more about rule of cool first, because the number of variations that most mech's have makes it harder to choose a stinker. The master unit list is a great resource.
So very much this. It's becoming quite irritating to see folks talk about shipping quotes as of they're finalized and set in stone, when this couldn't be further from the truth.

Until Backer kit sends you an email, just wait. Is it really that hard?

For some people it can be hard to wait though. More so with something like a kickstarter where enough time passes that your situation may be a lot different than it was when you pledged. I do think it would be more productive for them to follow the directions in update 88 to contact them directly rather than posting here, because you do need to wait a few days for a response.

For me personally its within 13 bucks of what I expected to pay for my battalion pledge. I was estimating $40 to Michigan and its little over 50 (way better than the initial quote). Thats close enough for me without knowing all the shipping details to be fine with it. I would actually feel pretty good if not pushing for a lower rate made it more affordable for someone who has had a rough year.

December 18th, 2776

A week before Amaris attempts to pull off his coup that Terra's HPGs pick up messages from General Kerensky from the Periphery. He claims he has made First Contact with an Alien polity that governs a sizeable portion of the Orion Arm. They overall appear to come in peace and will be sending an ambassadorial detachment to meet with the Star League Council for trade and a non-aggression pat and law enforcement cooperation.

To say Amaris is peeved would be an understatement.

Edited
Ground Combat / Re: Clan Large Pulse Lasers
« Last post by General308 on Today at 14:30:32 »
Artillery is something not gonna be a preferable choice on battletech, because of its complicated and hard to use rules, as well as its inefficient performance on gameplay. After all, the game is already not meant to be played on the larger size unless you play it by a computer program such as megamek, but put the artillery rule on it makes the game even worse.

I am going to disagree on both of these one BT really doesn't hit isn't own to you play on some larger size playing areas.  Then a lot of units that don't in little battlefields start making sense.   Two artillrey is actually quit fun to use on the battlefield.  Would I use it on a 1X1 map game no.   But honstly I would rather not play than play on such a small playing area.
Fan Fiction / Re: The Lyre Ascendant: A Dark Age AU Writeup
« Last post by Steve on Today at 14:19:50 »
Ah, so poor Trillian won't be handed a crap sandwhich.  Do go on.
Do we know if Jason Schmetzer writes a new BT novel?
(Though BattleMechs, not OmniMechs.)
The talk was if they are OmniMechs. They are not.

The -4 and the -M Mako are Clan tech base, the others Inner Sphere. At least in the sales sheet stats rundown.
Yes, it is in the very first post of the thread.
OpenTTD has long since surpassed the original and I think is free on Steam.
Fan Designs and Rules / Re: Heavy Duty v. Armored Gyro
« Last post by Lycanphoenix on Today at 13:51:53 »
Compact Heat Sinks are useful as an upgrade for things like the UrbanMech. That puny engine can't hold very many heat sinks normally, and the UrbanMech doesn't typically need the extra heat dissipation of Double Heat Sinks.
Working my way through Alf, Red Green Show, and Who's Line on Tubi, among some old cartoons and anime.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10