Author Topic: Master Unit List - Unit "Roles"  (Read 438 times)

Hellraiser

• Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
Master Unit List - Unit "Roles"
« on: 09 January 2024, 13:52:02 »
Not sure where to ask this since I don't see a questions section about the MUL specifically.

So throwing it here in GC since I'm specifically looking at mechs.

I have a mini's lance I'm working on "classifying", and I'm finding some of the "role" choices on the MUL to be a bit odd.

Code: [Select]
MECH TECH ROLL
Dervish-6M Intro Missile Boat
Dervish-6Mr Standard Brawler
Dervish-xx Standard Missile Boat

Griffin-1N Intro Sniper
Griffin-XX Intro Skirmisher
Griffin-2N/3RD/5L Standard Skirmisher
Griffin-1DS/5K/5M Standard MissileBoat
Griffin-XX Standard Sniper

PhoenixHawk-XX Intro Skirmisher
PhoenixHawk-XX Standard Skirmisher/Striker

Javelin-10/11XX Intro/Standard Striker

So every single version of the Dervish is a Missile Boat, except 1, and that model still has Twin LRM10's like many of the others....

The Griffin bounces around from Skirmisher to Sniper to Missile Boat, but what has me boggled is the Missile Boats.
I can totally see the 1DS with its LRM20 & LPL.
But how is the 5M w/ LGR & LRM10 also a Missile Boat v/s say, a Sniper w/ that LGR?
The 5K has LRM10 but also LPPC & ERML per Sarna so seems like a bit of a Skirmisher to me v/s any sort of "Missile Boat".

The entire Javelin Series are Strikers but the 10A w/ its LRM15 not popping up as a Missile Boat seemed rather odd given the Valkyrie is one w/ LRM10+ML much of the time.

The Pixie is always a Skirmisher/Striker which is mostly fine but I do question some of the ERPPC or Twin ERLL models not getting a "Sniper" tag.

I figured I'd have this lance qualified as Striker/Cavalry type rolls but also depending on the models I could make it a Fire Lance too but I'm not seeing as how I can get 3/4 of them qualified & given all the LRM/ERLL/ERPPC options I'm kind of surprised.

So my question is, how does the MUL decide on the "roles" each mech has, and is there any chance something like a Javelin-10A w/ LRM15 gets changed into something other than "Striker"?   (I feel like that has to be an errata change for a few of these)
3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
Re: Master Unit List - Unit "Roles"
« Reply #1 on: 09 January 2024, 14:16:35 »
If you feel any roles are improperly assigned, report in the MUL feedback thread.

Roles are generally determined as the record sheets are generated. 
« Last Edit: 09 January 2024, 21:22:17 by Sartris »

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Register