Author Topic: Customer Service  (Read 137342 times)

MyndkryM

• Warrant Officer
Re: Customer Service
« Reply #90 on: 17 September 2019, 22:43:50 »
Thank you to Alexia for resolving my issue.

Have to admit...I'm a little disappointed as to the outcome, but it's fair.

**edit** I should add it was very fair.
« Last Edit: 18 September 2019, 00:17:03 by MyndkryM »
"Halfway down the trail to Hell,
In a shady meadow green
Are the Souls of all dead Troopers camped,
Near a good old-time canteen.
And this eternal resting place
Is known as Fiddlers’ Green...."

-"Fiddler's Green" The US Cavalryman's Prayer

ActionButler

• Global Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #91 on: 23 September 2019, 18:38:51 »
Hi all, we wanted to share a recent post from Brent Evans about the customer service situation. This was posted to a different thread which some of you may have already seen, but for those who haven’t, this is very relevant.

Hey there gang, there is actually a lot of work being done on this from several directions at the moment - so please excuse if you suddenly get multiple responses to your inquiries.  We'd rather err on over communication than letting anyone slip through the cracks.  For the next 4 weeks or so we are going to focus heavily on delivering resolution for all outstanding orders - and we'll tackle any weaknesses in our process after you're all squared away.

I am happy to report that our customer service Jedi (aka: Alexia) is currently rooting through all outstanding CS messages in order to get everyone's fulfillment issues solved.  If anyone reading this thread is still awaiting resolution for an issue please (1) find your original email to us, (2) forward it to "customerservice@catalystgamelabs.com" and CC myself and Ray - at (brent@catalystgamelab.coms) and (ray@catalystgamelabs.com) respectively.  This will allow Ray and I to make sure that no issues are getting lost (since we want to rule out any technical issues.)

Just a side note for the sake of clarity, please know that Customer Service has no idea about the comments on this thread.  I'm actually glad folks were able to vent here and alert us about outstanding issue going unresolved, but commenting on the Forum does not generate any kind of alert to Customer Service that they can take action on - so sending that email is key. 

THANK YOU for your assistance helping us bring your needs to resolution.  We absolutely want to get cool BattleTech stuff into everyone's clutches, and appreciate you letting us know.  If you've already emailed me personally and want to reply with a follow-up (and add Ray and Customer Service) by all means feel free to do so.  I'm not worrying about getting extra messages, just wanna make sure you're issues are resolved. :0)

If you've not received resolution within 1 month of this post - please let myself, Ray and customerservice@... know.  No order gets left behind.

Seyla.
Experimental Technical Readout: The School
http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=56420.0

Highball

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #92 on: 15 October 2019, 03:19:09 »
Can you believe yet ANOTHER month has passed and still nothing but an empty promise that the situation will be resolved. Pathetic!
Marshal Russell Trest Oberlan. "War to the sword ..... the sword to the hilt!"

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #93 on: 15 October 2019, 14:15:33 »
Can you believe yet ANOTHER month has passed and still nothing but an empty promise that the situation will be resolved. Pathetic!

Still nothing saying you have verified that you or your service are not blocking THEIR email responses on your end- and Charlie Tango is not going to know if a email was sent so no one is in communication with you to go 'Huh, you did not get our email?'
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #94 on: 15 October 2019, 16:51:11 »
Just more evidence Customer Service should in fact have a presence on the company's official forum.  Facebook and Twitter are not enough.

Kit deSummersville

• Precentor of Lies
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • The epicness continues!
    • Insights and Complaints on Twitter
« Reply #95 on: 16 October 2019, 08:15:41 »
I'm not sure that having a presence on a message board where everyone has a ridiculous made-up name is going to relate in any way to having success with fixing actual issues with people with real-life names.
Looking for an official answer? Check the Catalyst Interaction Forums.

Freelancer for hire, not an official CGL or IMR representative.

Everyone else's job is easy, so tell them how to do it, everyone loves that!

Millard Fillmore's favorite BattleTech writer.

Sir Chaos

• Captain
  • Artillery Fanboy
« Reply #96 on: 16 October 2019, 11:34:33 »
Still nothing saying you have verified that you or your service are not blocking THEIR email responses on your end- and Charlie Tango is not going to know if a email was sent so no one is in communication with you to go 'Huh, you did not get our email?'

As I´ve said before: Last thing we heard from CGL was for him to send his e-mail again to yet another CGL account.

Your response would make sense if they said they were sure they had responded to him, but not if wanted him to contact them again.

Again: The problem is on CGL´s end, not on Highball´s end.
"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl."
-Frederick the Great

"Ultima Ratio Regis" ("The Last Resort of the King")
- Inscription on cannon barrel, 18th century

Sir Chaos

• Captain
  • Artillery Fanboy
« Reply #97 on: 16 October 2019, 11:41:02 »
I'm not sure that having a presence on a message board where everyone has a ridiculous made-up name is going to relate in any way to having success with fixing actual issues with people with real-life names.

It would at least allow them to contact the made-up-name people here who are having problem reaching CGL under their real name.

Look... Highball has tried and tried and ****** tried to get a response from CGL via e-mail. CGL *could* have reacted by contacting him here via PM to get in touch with him about the issue (since he´d probably be reluctant to share his e-mail, real name and so on in a forum post) - or go straight to directly for the order number, etc, and what was wrong with the product. As I recall, they instead sent someone here to tell him to try more of what already didn´t work.

CGL has issues with their mail accounts, or it has been said by those telling Highball he shouldn´t complain about this. There are, however, no issues with PMs on this forum, so why should CGL not use this perfectly functional way of getting in touch with complaining customers to circumvent that problem?
"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl."
-Frederick the Great

"Ultima Ratio Regis" ("The Last Resort of the King")
- Inscription on cannon barrel, 18th century

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #98 on: 16 October 2019, 11:59:54 »
As I´ve said before: Last thing we heard from CGL was for him to send his e-mail again to yet another CGL account.

Your response would make sense if they said they were sure they had responded to him, but not if wanted him to contact them again.

Again: The problem is on CGL´s end, not on Highball´s end.

No, the point is until he says it you do not know where the problem actually is located and with CGL having the problems described its a more complicated break down of communicaton.  When you are trouble shooting a communications link you want to make sure you are-
sending correctly
and
able to receive

Until he insures he is able to receive the message, they can send him all the answers in the world- repeatedly- he will never see a thing and think they are not responding which is possibly what has happened.  Talked to a guy last Friday who did not get into the Kickstarter b/c he says he never gets e-mails from the Kickstarter and does not know why.  Same advice, check your email service & ISP.  While I love how easy it is to get email now, when it breaks down folks have a harder time troubleshooting it b/c they did not have to go through the complicated set up process.
Colt Ward

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Highball

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #99 on: 16 October 2019, 12:26:25 »

Email communication is being received on both ends .... CONFIRMED by the CGL response to my email on MAY 1ST! I have sent all the information requested by CGL (receipt & pictures) and it has been confirmed they have had it for at least FOUR MONTHS.

You can put down the bucket of water you are carrying for them Colt.

I am done with CGL ... they deserve what they get a thousand fold.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #100 on: 16 October 2019, 13:30:53 »
Alright, so you are getting emails from them and its all on their end.  No water being carried, just pointing out a point of failure.

And on something else I said before, the new boxes from China should have arrived so they should have a source of maps.
Colt Ward

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • RIP. Again. And again. And again.
« Reply #101 on: 16 October 2019, 14:08:08 »
Knock off disparaging comments toward other forum users. Now.
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

Highball

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #102 on: 30 October 2019, 03:02:32 »
The EIGHT MONTH mark approaches and still nothing resolved!  :clap:   Way to go!  :thumbsup:

Highball

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #103 on: 13 November 2019, 23:13:02 »
 :rant: So Alexia has been told 4 times to straighten this situation out and still nothing has happened, and since nothing happens without Loren's approval, it is obvious that TPTB consider this some sort of sick childish game and like screwing with customers. I am done with you clowns. I have grown tired of being screwed with by TPTB, and I refuse to be toyed with any longer or to participate with this farce. Either fix it or don't fix it .... it is your choice.   :thumbsup:

Dragon41673

• Captain
    • Aries Games & Miniatures
« Reply #104 on: 15 November 2019, 22:07:05 »
I too am waiting, and waiting, and waiting for contact back. I did email showing I have 2 improperly molded Wolverines, and got an email back asking for proof (an image of the receipt & Wolverines) months ago, which I provided the very next day...then, radio silence since then after repeated emails asking simply for a confirmation that the proof was received. Kinda had a feeling this would happen.
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures

Highball

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #105 on: 21 November 2019, 13:35:09 »
On the day before Thanksgiving this drama will enter its NINTH month  :facepalm:. Brent cannot keep his word to resolve this issue because he has been muzzled by Loren after specifically emailing this to me in October concerning a message to good ole Loran, and I quote ...

"Loren - you said we weren't to respond without fulfillment and tracking details from you, and that you'd get them since those come through Lexi & the Wishes team. We still don't have those two weeks later and I cannot help thinking the CS resolutions should not we this hard. At this point it would have been easier to simply send him a new box set than the replacement parts.

We need to be resolving these issues on first contact, and I'm going to point out that it's on you to make that happen. This specific incidence started back when I was "frontman" so Larry's comments and being directed at me personally, and I've held off from responding per your request until we have information. But if we've still no resolution for one week more I will be responding both publically and directly."

Needless to say Brent was silenced and nothing was fixed except to once again tell Alexis this has not been resolved. SHOCKER! This is what happens when you complain about shoddy customer service. You get singled out and punished by TPTB. Something so easy to fix yet people want to make it personal. Your call CGL.

:clap: :thumbsup:

Highball

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #106 on: 01 December 2019, 22:14:02 »
It took nine full months  :bang:, a lot of vitriol  :ticked:, and the curtains pulled back on the B.S. lie about customer service and a mythical "warehouse that handles these issues" to get a simple misprinted piece of die cut cardboard replaced .... but it is finally done.  :clap:

It should NEVER take this kind effort to get people to simply do their jobs.  :(

Dragon41673

• Captain
« Reply #107 on: 07 December 2019, 10:52:08 »
It took nine full months  :bang:, a lot of vitriol  :ticked:, and the curtains pulled back on the B.S. lie about customer service and a mythical "warehouse that handles these issues" to get a simple misprinted piece of die cut cardboard replaced .... but it is finally done.  :clap:

It should NEVER take this kind effort to get people to simply do their jobs.  :(

Good to hear, and I agree...way too much trouble. I'm still waiting to hear back, although I heard from my Distributor that the next batch of AGoAC and BB sets are being printed & produced in China, which then will ship over via a literal slow boat. SO most likely between February/April...so I won't be holding my breath for my replacements.

Force of Nature

• Lieutenant
  • Battletech and Paintball. Life is good.
« Reply #108 on: 19 December 2019, 19:02:11 »
Incompetent management at all levels is what allowed this to happen after 9 months...

Imperium

• Sergeant
  • Politics by Other Means
« Reply #109 on: 03 May 2020, 10:26:18 »
Alright, so you are getting emails from them and its all on their end.  No water being carried, just pointing out a point of failure.

And on something else I said before, the new boxes from China should have arrived so they should have a source of maps.

Hey you are not alone. I also had a pre-order of "Era Report 3145", where I was supposed to get a PDF and physical copy as part of a bundle. I got the pdf - after several weeks no physical copy. I did what was requested and sent the emails, the first response was "You got the PDF. " When I explained I did not get the physical copy - there was no reply, and no reply after that. I won't order anything directly from CGL after that.

It’s weird. Like the person responding only checks the account on Wednesdays preceding forecasted rain in Southern California. The last two times I’ve pinged then (both this year), they got back to me within 48 hours. The time before that was months. I don’t get it

I bet if they didn't actually get paid until the correct product was actually delivered, you would see those response times improve real fast.
« Last Edit: 03 May 2020, 10:30:16 by Imperium »
" ALL WAR, is an extension of Politics." Carl Von Clausewitz, summarizing the Napoleonic Wars

"War therefore is an act of violence intended to compel our opponent to fulfil our will." Clausewitz, Ibid.

Dragon41673

• Captain
« Reply #110 on: 06 July 2020, 20:05:35 »
Just as an update on this thread for myself, I finally received my replacement Wolverine's from Catalyst, sent via a secondary source. So thank you to a certain person I asked for help with that got this resolved for me...

You know who you are Mr. Marauder icon.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Kid in the puddle eating mud of CGL contributors
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #111 on: 07 July 2020, 20:15:00 »
sent in my third request to have my download link for TRO:SW restored (it's in my order list but not the downloadable content page)

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Soundtheory

• Recruit
« Reply #112 on: 09 July 2020, 22:05:25 »
I am unable to download some of the digital content from Catalyst's store that I bought as add-ons to the Kickstarter, using the codes they gave me. 

I emailed Catalyst customer service at customerservice (at) catalystgamelabs (dot) com, and even CC'd battletech-clan-invasion (at) support.crowdox (dot) com on January 5th, 2020.   I followed up three more times, never got a response.

They just emailed me back July 7th - over six months later - that they'll be sending out an email in a week or two to help people catch up on digital rewards, and "hope that helps". 

Guys.  You need to do better.  This is not good customer service.  I am seriously worried that if I have some kind of problem with the fulfillment of the physical kickstarter rewards, Catalyst is not going to be of any help.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Kid in the puddle eating mud of CGL contributors
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #113 on: 17 July 2020, 00:27:28 »
the TRO: Succession Wars download crisis of 2020 has been resolved                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

JcK_HD

• Recruit
« Reply #114 on: 16 August 2020, 09:19:16 »
Hi all!

I've ordered some Battletech stuff from the store and got the wrong item; hoping to arrange an exchange. Been chasing by email for a couple of weeks now with no response. Have filled out the form on the website a couple of times and sent an email and it's like a Wobbie whiteout.

Is there any chance if someone from CGL sees this they could please get in touch with me? Order SHP-158290.

Thanks!

idea weenie

• Major
« Reply #115 on: 16 August 2020, 10:55:16 »
Can the complete compiled Campaign Operations Errata be put into PDF format and made available on the Errata page?

PsylockeSmythe

• Corporal
« Reply #116 on: 17 August 2020, 08:02:13 »
Hi all!

I've ordered some Battletech stuff from the store and got the wrong item; hoping to arrange an exchange. Been chasing by email for a couple of weeks now with no response. Have filled out the form on the website a couple of times and sent an email and it's like a Wobbie whiteout.

Is there any chance if someone from CGL sees this they could please get in touch with me? Order SHP-158290.Thanks!
I'm in the same boat.  Ordered 2 different Athletic T-Shirts and I ended up with two of the same shirts.  The order showed the two different t-shirts, but the packing list and what was in the box were 2 of the same shirt.  E-mailed the store back on August 7th when I received the order and haven't heard anything back since.

Psy

slh

• Recruit
« Reply #117 on: 18 August 2020, 19:28:05 »
I've been in a similar but different boat -- an order (pair of poster sets) said it was shipped July 13, but after a month usps tracking still only said "Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item, SUWANEE, GA".

Over the subsequent weeks I tried contacting via store@catalystgamelabs.com, the Contact form at store.catalystgamelabs.com/pages/contact, customerservice@catalystgamelabs.com, and facebook (CGL's page).  Only their facebook page responded, although apparently "the page is run mostly by volunteers", and the person responding said they didn't have access to the warehouse system but could ask others.  I checked back in after a week, and the person said they hadn't heard back and would email again.

After another week and a half, I was trying to figure out what to do next, and it showed up yesterday (that's 35 days after apparent shipping).  Looking back at the tracking for it, it showed no entries between "usps awaiting item" and the arrival at my local post office (north TX).

Without any response from CGL, I've no idea if they contacted the warehouse, or if they or the warehouse contacted usps, or if they ignored the whole thing completely (although I tend to suspect the latter).  With missing scans in usps' tracking info, I've no idea if it was sitting at the warehouse somewhere unmailed, or sitting in the post office system somewhere unprocessed (although, I tend to suspect the latter).

Other interesting data points:
 - I had a different pair of poster sets shipped Aug 7, and arrived Aug 11.  Its usps tracking was also incomplete, going from "Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item - SUWANEE, GA", then nothing until a scan at my regional facility (north TX), and then normal scans after that.
 - The Jul 13 order sent a shipped/tracking email from "store@catalystgamelabs.com", whereas the Aug 7 order sent a shipped/tracking email from trackingvf@pubservinc.com
 - On the website, the Aug 7 order gives a "Fulfilled" date of Aug 11 (the date it was delivered), whereas the Jul 13 order gives a "Fulfilled" date of Jul 15 (clearly not the date it was delivered)
 - For comparison, looking back at an order from May, I got emails from store@catalystgamelabs.com for each package being delivered (for these recent two orders, there were no emails for the packages being delivered).  That May order had a shipped/tracking email from trackingvf@pubservinc.com rather than from store@catalystgamelabs.com.  Its usps tracking had all the expected scans (including "Accepted at USPS Origin Facility SUWANEE, GA" and everything else through delivery.)  On the website, each package had a Fulfilled date that matched the date of delivery.

I don't know if the incomplete usps tracking for these two recent orders is normal usps unreliability, or something specific to Suwanee, or something related to the recent changes at usps from DC, or if maybe the funky shape of the package maybe makes it harder to scan (two cardboard tubes taped together) -- I tend to suspect the latter.

My takeaways tho:
 - the posters are very cool
 - I appreciate CGL's facebook volunteers for being responsive (a few hours at most) even if they couldn't do anything around the problem
 - CGL as a company is doing a very poor job at communication and response to customers, and really needs to do a better job on that.

Known Glitch

• Warrant Officer
  • Why haven't we fixed this yet?
« Reply #118 on: 22 September 2020, 17:21:38 »
Update: Shrapnel download link received.

Thanks for all the stompy robot goodness!
« Last Edit: 22 September 2020, 21:13:09 by Gooner »

Hawkeye Jim

• Captain
  • I'm small but sneaky
« Reply #119 on: 29 September 2020, 12:13:07 »
is there a way to DL Shrapnel without using one of the links provided in the email. I have access to none of those, haven't even heard of most of them. Us poor folks can't afford all that fancy computer adds stuff.

Register