Author Topic: The Dragon's Lair  (Read 185276 times)

Kit deSummersville

• Precentor of Lies
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • The epicness continues!
    • Insights and Complaints on Twitter
Re: The Dragon's Lair
« Reply #1140 on: 01 June 2017, 07:46:28 »
Here's one:

Akuma AKU-2XK - 4/4 2495 BV
Phoenix Hawk PXH-7K - 4/5 1241 BV
Panther PNT-12A - 3/5 1178 BV
Panther PNT-13K - 4/5 996 BV
Total: 5910

A nice beast in the middle of everything, a sniper to pick at them from the edges and two bouncers that will drive the enemy nuts.
Looking for an official answer? Check the Catalyst Interaction Forums.

Freelancer for hire, not an official CGL or IMR representative.

Everyone else's job is easy, so tell them how to do it, everyone loves that!

Millard Fillmore's favorite BattleTech writer.

Rainbow 6

• Captain
« Reply #1141 on: 01 June 2017, 15:07:57 »
I would think the Late Succession War would be pre-Clan Invasion :)

Very true, here's the MUL list of available mechs http://www.masterunitlist.info/Era/FactionEraDetails?FactionId=27&EraId=256

Thanks for the ideas so far though, making for interesting reading.

Kit deSummersville

• Precentor of Lies
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • The epicness continues!
    • Insights and Complaints on Twitter
« Reply #1142 on: 01 June 2017, 15:12:40 »
For some reason I thought it was about 3080. My bad.
Looking for an official answer? Check the Catalyst Interaction Forums.

Freelancer for hire, not an official CGL or IMR representative.

Everyone else's job is easy, so tell them how to do it, everyone loves that!

Millard Fillmore's favorite BattleTech writer.

Frogfoot

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1143 on: 01 June 2017, 17:44:33 »
I would think the Late Succession War would be pre-Clan Invasion :)

My mistake, I misread it as Late Civil War

In that case:

Hatamoto-Hi
Guillotine 4L
Grand Dragon 1G
Awesome 8Q

5932 BV

Two Assault bruisers, a jumping brawler and a cavalry skirmisher.

Tai Dai Cultist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1144 on: 02 June 2017, 10:24:39 »
Very true, here's the MUL list of available mechs http://www.masterunitlist.info/Era/FactionEraDetails?FactionId=27&EraId=256

Thanks for the ideas so far though, making for interesting reading.

Since you are interested in LosTech, I'll have to second the suggestion of including a Wolverine-7K.  I agree with those who consider that mech the gold standard for the Inner Sphere in the 3050 era.  Here's another lance built around "What else goes with a 3050 Wolverine?"

Wolverine WVR-7K (pilot 3/5) 1597BV
Charger CGR-3K (4/5) 1656BV
Grand Dragon DRG-5K (4/5) 1358BV
Phoenix Hawk PXH-3K (4/5) 1359BV

You've got a very fast lance where the 5/8/5 are your slowpokes.  You've got some decent LRM and ER Large Laser coverage for long range skirmishing, and oodles of potential when the fight gets close and personal.

Rainbow 6

• Captain
« Reply #1145 on: 03 June 2017, 09:06:14 »
Since you are interested in LosTech, I'll have to second the suggestion of including a Wolverine-7K.  I agree with those who consider that mech the gold standard for the Inner Sphere in the 3050 era.  Here's another lance built around "What else goes with a 3050 Wolverine?"

Wolverine WVR-7K (pilot 3/5) 1597BV
Charger CGR-3K (4/5) 1656BV
Grand Dragon DRG-5K (4/5) 1358BV
Phoenix Hawk PXH-3K (4/5) 1359BV

You've got a very fast lance where the 5/8/5 are your slowpokes.  You've got some decent LRM and ER Large Laser coverage for long range skirmishing, and oodles of potential when the fight gets close and personal.

Nice Lance, shame none are available in that era on the MUL.

VhenRa

• Captain
« Reply #1146 on: 04 June 2017, 02:08:03 »
Been thinking on Ryuken regiments.

Namely. The destruction of four regiments at Misery... the listings we have of them are the same numbered regiments that exist post-4th SW in War of 3039, 3049, FM: House Kurita and such.

Yet we are missing the first numbered regiment as well.

Its bugging the hell out of me.

Jaim Magnus

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Assisting you and your enemies equally.
« Reply #1147 on: 04 June 2017, 05:25:55 »
The First Ryoken was disbanded because of the dishonourable behaviour of its commander, Jerry Akuma. I believe it wasn't reconstituted until the Dark Age.
BattleCorps - Righteous Fury, Sorrow of Eden, Lady of Steel, I Was Lost, Forsaken : Legacy - The Forgotten Places : Shrapnel - Scavenger's Blood : ELH Chronicles - View from the Ground : Shrapnel - It Ends in Fire, Picking the Bones

Rainbow 6

• Captain
« Reply #1148 on: 03 April 2018, 17:00:33 »
Hi all, has anyone got a list handy for the mechs we are building in the 3025-3040 period?

(SMD)MadCow

• Lieutenant
  • 1st Earl of the Bixby Duchy
« Reply #1149 on: 03 April 2018, 17:18:00 »
Here's a good start:

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Category:Draconis_Combine_BattleMechs

Not era specific and probably needs updating though.

Tai Dai Cultist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1150 on: 03 April 2018, 17:29:16 »
Hi all, has anyone got a list handy for the mechs we are building in the 3025-3040 period?

Well the MUL is the modern tool for answering such questions, and the original sources on House Kurita were written before the House Books began including mech production numbers.  So the MUL is probably the best (indeed only, outside of fandom) resource to tackle that specific timeframe.

The MUL doesn't distinguish between domestic production and wide-spread imports and existing large fleets of chassis surviving from earlier eras when it covers "availability".  However, with some discernment you can fairly easily make an unofficial judgement over what's imported, although current production and historical survivals can be harder to parse.

I'd filter a search based on the Draconis Combine faction only, as opposed to including the general Inner Sphere availability as well.  This should cut out most of the battle salvage circulating back and forth between Houses.  That search for this timeframe can be viewed here.

Personally: on this list I'd say the Wasp-1K, Spider-5K (via retcon), Stinger LAM, all the Jenners, all the Panthers, Sentinel-3K, All the Dragons/Grand Dragons, Lancelot, Catapults, Chargers, Hatamotos, and Maulers are being domestically produced.  Probably lost from the IS general list would be Atlas (@ Altair) and maybe some others.  Post 3039 add Marduk's and Quentin's output.

Rainbow 6

• Captain
« Reply #1151 on: 04 April 2018, 16:12:13 »
Cheers, er isn't the Atlas built on Al Na'ir? Along with the Catapult.

Tai Dai Cultist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1152 on: 04 April 2018, 18:12:26 »
Cheers, er isn't the Atlas built on Al Na'ir? Along with the Catapult.

Yeah.  That's why I said the Atlas' absence from the search return (other than the one unique variant) was probably an unintended casualty of subtracting "Inner Sphere General" from the list for availability.  And my bad.. you're right it's Al Na'ir not Altair :)

Anyway when you say you want "production", that's a tricky thing to parse out.  "Avaliability" is broader than that, and that's the currency in which the MUL deals.  Still, it's the best tool for the task at hand... it'd just need some massaging by hand to do exactly what you were asking.  I gave you my own take, and it was by memory.  If you sit down with the list and look at all the sourcebooks (or sarna) you might catch me in a few errors about what'd be domestically produced as opposed to better explained as imports/modified salvage or survivals from earlier Succession Wars.

Rainbow 6

• Captain
« Reply #1153 on: 05 April 2018, 16:41:08 »
No worry's bud, think my Feddie buddy and I got it sorted, just need to order 6 more mechs for the full Battalion, choose a regiment and get painting before the first game in a while in a few weeks.

Tai Dai Cultist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1154 on: 04 August 2018, 18:22:05 »
The Lair has been hibernating for a good long while, but I'll roust the thread now that Shattered Fortress is available.

I've been waiting for the other shoe to drop since FM/ER3145. 

Now that it has, we came through pretty damn well. Far better than I pessimistically expected.

I've also been waiting for more info about the Hikage regiment ever since the name was given to us with sparse context in TRO:3150.  I wasn't expecting a Kuritan version of the Death Commandos but was honestly kinda pleasantly surprised.  They certainly seem like a fun new unit to fanboi over.  Which is nice, since we've lost so many Legions in recent eras: Night Stalkers, Proserpina Hussars, An Ting, etc...

Hellraiser

• Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
« Reply #1155 on: 04 August 2018, 22:31:09 »

Probably a bit late of a response, but off the top of my head....

I think the following were in production
Locust-1V
Jenner-7D
Panther-9R
And maybe the Wasp-1K or Spider-5V?

Griffin-1N
Wolverine-6R
PhoenixHawk-1K?

Quickdraw-4G
Dragon-1N (+1G)
Archer-2K
Catapult-K2?

Atlas-7D
Charger-1A1

Possibly some others, but I think the above is mostly accurate.
3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

ThePW

• Lieutenant
  • One post down, a thousand to g... Oh we're here?
« Reply #1156 on: 02 September 2019, 21:01:35 »
I do apologize for the necromancy, but I cannot find any answers elsewhere (wiki or the actual FM in question, which I lack):

1) What is the special ability (s) for the 1st sword of Light (reference: Field Manual Draconis Combine)

2) based on what is known to have happened to them during the Jihad, would it still be applicable in 3078, specifically during their actions on Terra/Operation SCOUR?

any help would be appreciated.
Even my Page posting rate is better than my KPD rate IG...

2Feb2023: The day my main toon on DDO/Cannith, an Artificer typically in the back, TANKED in a LH VoD.

Maelwys

• Major
« Reply #1157 on: 02 September 2019, 21:39:40 »
According to page 147, the 1st Sword of Light (Only a B Equipment rating surprisingly) specialized in night missions, and during the nighttime, they receive +2 initiative modifiers, and do not suffer the +2 to-hit modifier for night fighting.

As to whether or not it would still apply during SCOUR...

FM:3085 on page 189 states that the 1st SOL's unit abilities are that when fighting at night they gain an +2 initiative modifier and ignore all to-hit modifiers for night combat.

Fortunately the 1st SOL was one of the few DCMS units with abilities mentioned in FM:3085, so it seems the nighttime abilities have stuck.

Hellraiser

• Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
« Reply #1158 on: 15 December 2019, 22:03:59 »
I asked in the Writers section but figured maybe the DC fans could tell me.

Anyone know what happened to the 4th Ghost Regiment?

I can track them in 39 & 50, but they aren't in FM:DC in 3059.

Sarna has them as disbanded but with no source listed.

Any info you can point me to?

3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

VhenRa

• Captain
« Reply #1159 on: 16 December 2019, 04:16:39 »
Combat Manual Kurita says "Disbanded in 3040", presumably they got a big beating during the War of 3039.

Edit: Yeah, checked. 1st and 3rd Battalions listed as [Destroyed] while 2nd Battalion listed as [Heavy Damage]. So about 40% losses to 2nd Battalion and above 60% losses to 1st and 3rd Battalions.

So we have CM K and 20 Year Update saying different things.

Given how 20 Year Update lists a question mark after it's location... I suspect its a case that C* got it wrong and lost track of the unit. Or that the DCMS kept a HQ staff reporting things back that the 4th Ghost is there but its just for signals misinformation.
« Last Edit: 16 December 2019, 04:20:25 by VhenRa »

TheEmptyRoad

• Recruit
« Reply #1160 on: 18 November 2020, 17:33:14 »
Hello all, brand new player here looking to get started with the Combine. Any recommendations for up-to-date sourcebooks and where I can find them? Anything with the Ryuken and/or Legion of Vega and what they use.

I really like Theodore Kurita and his story, his intrigues are what drew me to the Combine in the first place.

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
« Reply #1161 on: 18 November 2020, 22:48:05 »
Hello all, brand new player here looking to get started with the Combine. Any recommendations for up-to-date sourcebooks and where I can find them? Anything with the Ryuken and/or Legion of Vega and what they use.

I really like Theodore Kurita and his story, his intrigues are what drew me to the Combine in the first place.

For up to date sourcebooks you'll probably want the Field Manual 3145. It'll tell you what the regiments are doing to trash the Federated Suns pretty quick and update you on what's going on, mostly. Era Report 3145 doesn't hurt either.

Sadly, Theodore Kurita passed 75 years ago. But if you want to avenge him you can look into the Jihad era sourcebooks.
Every man lives by exchanging - Adam Smith

Mecha82

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Some things never change
« Reply #1162 on: 19 November 2020, 10:51:12 »

Current Coordinator is Yori Kurita and way I have understood she is more like Coordinators before Theodore Kurita. Granted those who put her on throne thought that they could use her as puppet but turned out that she is more than they can handle.
Star Captain John Malthus, Kappa Galaxy, Clan Jade Falcon 
Star Captain Johannes Bekker, Delta Galaxy, Clan Ghost Bear 
Captain John Bailey, 1st Avalon Hussars, Federated Suns  
Tai-i Jiro Takahashi, 2nd Legion of Vega, Draconis Combine

Metallgewitter

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1163 on: 20 November 2020, 06:16:10 »
Yori doesn't seem to be like older Coordinators. I mean she kept the organisation of the actual DCMS which tries to balance the importance of Mechwarriors and the "lesser" branches and she also keeps the tolerance towards the Ghosts and Azami. Then again she belongs to Theodore's line (just a bastard branch) so I would assume she is smart enough to keep the reforms of Theodore. Let's just wait how her Gunjo no Kanrei acts in the Iclan era. Maybe he wants to rebel or gets booted

Jellico

• Spatium Magister
  • Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • BattleMechs are the lords of the battlefield
« Reply #1164 on: 24 April 2021, 16:56:32 »
Trying to get info for a game.

When after 3145 did the 1st Genyosha leave Lambrecht?

Arigatō.

Rainbow 6

• Captain
« Reply #1165 on: 25 April 2021, 04:29:36 »
Interesting that LAW are able to build the Griffin IIC 9 on Luthien.

Rainbow 6

• Captain
« Reply #1166 on: 02 August 2021, 15:49:32 »
How widespread is C3 master/slave network usage within the DCMS by 3150?

MarauderD

• Major
« Reply #1167 on: 02 August 2021, 15:54:11 »
How widespread is C3 master/slave network usage within the DCMS by 3150?

I always wondered if they were still using it at all or just using Boosted C3, if there are enough variants that use the newer system.

Rainbow 6

• Captain
« Reply #1168 on: 02 August 2021, 15:59:21 »
I always wondered if they were still using it at all or just using Boosted C3, if there are enough variants that use the newer system.

Not even sure the DCMS makes use of the system any more, let alone Boosted C3, that seems more an AFFS thing to be honest.

Maelwys

• Major
« Reply #1169 on: 03 August 2021, 20:29:09 »
They've got some. Not alot mind you, but some designs are relatively recent (3140s) that have boosted c3 tech on them.