Author Topic: Help me do this! Your opinions or lists wanted  (Read 691 times)

Hellraiser

• Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
Re: Help me do this! Your opinions or lists wanted
« Reply #30 on: 25 May 2024, 12:38:47 »
I only pulled the Spider out because I thought you didn't care for it.

I love the thing, awesome for objectives.  Ostscout-7J is also solid for the same job.
3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

Nikodemius

• Recruit
« Reply #31 on: 25 May 2024, 18:15:38 »
I did another thing - i pulled the Cicada out, put in a Mongoose instead, kept the Spider for objective reasons, and upped some Pilot Skill.

The Cics armor is so weak.. i dont know about it.. even the mong has thicker skin (yea no PPC too, but i dont feel very good with a "big" gun in a paper mech without jets when i know how much light strikers are gonna be used by opponents)

Anyway, uve had some great ideas and ill See how it all works out :)

Hellraiser

• Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
« Reply #32 on: 25 May 2024, 19:05:02 »
The armor is less of an issue than the Maps your using.

I had it in there as a Mobile Sniper at 7/11 & an 18 hex gun, its going to be able to dictate range.

But, the one weakness is it needs room to maneuver into the back field on the flanks.

If the maps are too small then it can get cornered.

With your new set up though, 4 ML mechs moving 6+ speed you should be able to gang up on any stragglers that the enemy doesn't protect well.
3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo