Author Topic: New Development Snapshot 0.45.2 for Megamek, MegaMekLab, and MekHQ  (Read 18277 times)

Stormforge

• Warrant Officer
Re: New Development Snapshot 0.45.2 for Megamek, MegaMekLab, and MekHQ
« Reply #30 on: 27 November 2018, 04:19:27 »
We (but it'll probably be me) will need to fix up some of the bugs people have found with bot handling of aerospace units first before putting such battles into AtB. But keep an eye out, as I'm working on a major overhaul of the AtB scenario generation system, which will include aerospace-only missions. It will also allow much greater scenario variety and interaction between scenarios. Hopefully I didn't bite off more than I can chew.

This is the working document, if you want to get an early peek at the mechanics.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/eej6999zlq0nmz5/AtB-Scenario-Stratcon.html?dl=0

Oh, sweet! You're adding your ruleset. Looking forward to running it in MekHQ.
If the enemy is in range most likely so are you.

MoleMan

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #31 on: 27 November 2018, 08:09:59 »
Hi, I'm trying to start a MekHQ game, am I the only one having issues with Opfor having a BV, weight and cost of 9999?

I have undertaken a contract, move to the star, MHQ rolls a scenario, then when I start it, I get a pop up window saying unit loading failures: infantry/inner sphere infantry/motorised combat engineers.blk and the same for their clan colleagues (neither of which are in mine or the opfors lances) It also says it cannot find their squad size.

Following this, as the forces are being set up in MM, i have the above 9999 problem. I will put together a github thing, what info do you need from me?
« Last Edit: 27 November 2018, 08:11:30 by MoleMan »

MoleMan

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #32 on: 27 November 2018, 08:27:53 »
Think I've submitted everything

https://github.com/MegaMek/mekhq/issues/988

Battleclad

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #33 on: 27 November 2018, 09:14:50 »
Just a side thought but shouldn't the Torso Mounted Cockpit be Experimental for Davion from 3045-3054 and then General Experimental thereafter, the reason for this being that Davion started Project Dark Mirage in 3044 but the project lead really picked it back up in '45 and then showcased the new technology with the Wildfire in '53. Though due to the limitations of the design it fell out of favour with Davion in 3054 and was then adopted by Solaris fighters in '55, assuming Sarna is okay with it's phrasing on the relevant articles.

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #34 on: 27 November 2018, 09:17:26 »
Just a side thought but shouldn't the Torso Mounted Cockpit be Experimental for Davion from 3045-3054 and then General Experimental thereafter, the reason for this being that Davion started Project Dark Mirage in 3044 but the project lead really picked it back up in '45 and then showcased the new technology with the Wildfire in '53. Though due to the limitations of the design it fell out of favour with Davion in 3054 and was then adopted by Solaris fighters in '55, assuming Sarna is okay with it's phrasing on the relevant articles.

Tech Progression follows Interstellar Ops. If you think the dates adjusting that would be a question for Ask the Writers.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.
Join the official MegaMek Discord

Zellbringen

• Corporal
« Reply #35 on: 27 November 2018, 09:33:13 »
Did you select "Mechwarrior" from the dropdown but forgot to click the radio button for making a paid roll? Because I do that a lot.

Yep, I even double checked last night by picking another option "MechTech" and then going back to "MechWarrior" and making sure the radio button was selected on the pay for recruit.

NickAragua

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #36 on: 27 November 2018, 10:14:38 »
Hi, I'm trying to start a MekHQ game, am I the only one having issues with Opfor having a BV, weight and cost of 9999?

I have undertaken a contract, move to the star, MHQ rolls a scenario, then when I start it, I get a pop up window saying unit loading failures: infantry/inner sphere infantry/motorised combat engineers.blk and the same for their clan colleagues (neither of which are in mine or the opfors lances) It also says it cannot find their squad size.

Following this, as the forces are being set up in MM, i have the above 9999 problem. I will put together a github thing, what info do you need from me?

9999 usually means that you've got double blind / blind drop turned on.

MoleMan

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #37 on: 27 November 2018, 10:45:15 »
Hah! I did! I'm such an idiot!

GreekFire

• Aeternus Ignis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #38 on: 27 November 2018, 12:35:05 »
I'm having trouble creating a ticket, so I'll post it here. Please let me know if I overlooked something.

A few issues I've bumped into when testing ProtoMech Electric Discharge Armor (EDP):

-The armor activates every turn, instead of ignoring the 6-turn recharge period.

-When used on Battle Armor, the ProtoMech suffers from an automatic critical hit. This does not occur when the ProtoMech attacks other types of units. I'm unsure if I've missed a rule here. If there is a rule that says the ProtoMech suffers from a critical hit, it can currently hit a quad's arms, which should be an invalid location.

-Battle Armor hit by the attack are not being treated as destroyed (as per TacOps), and so can be hit by further attacks instead of being ignored.
Tu habites au Québec? Tu veux jouer au BattleTech? Envoie-moi un message!

GreekFire

• Aeternus Ignis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #39 on: 27 November 2018, 12:44:49 »
Additionally, EDP is missing from the standard Basilisk Quad.

GreekFire

• Aeternus Ignis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #40 on: 27 November 2018, 12:57:54 »
And for the hat trick triple post - since you've been working on ProtoMechs, I'll mention that they can still use both arm-mounted and main gun weapons on the same turn, which shouldn't be allowed. I think a ticket already exists for that one, so if so, I apologize for being being repetitive.

BairdEC

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #41 on: 27 November 2018, 18:07:31 »
Think I've submitted everything

https://github.com/MegaMek/mekhq/issues/988

I  think the Unit Loading Failure window is a separate issue.  I get that, and I don't have double-blind turned on.  I have verified the files are where they are supposed to be in both the MekHQ and MegaMek folders.

neoancient

• Warrant Officer
  • MegaMek team member
« Reply #42 on: 27 November 2018, 19:54:55 »
In this round my main focus was implementing the remaining proto mech equip mentioned and supporting design in MML. I didn't look through the issues for bugs in what was already implemented. I'm trying to spend the next few weeks wrapping up loose ends rather than starting anything new so I'll probably be digging deep into some of the more long-standing bugs.

Schugger

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #43 on: 28 November 2018, 09:17:58 »
If Zellbringen is refering to the "paid recruitment roll", I had similar issues in the earlier releases. You had to select the type of recruit your were looking for and then do not have to close that window with the "X" button but with the "close" button in order to get it to work. Maybe it's like it works in the new release as well (haven't had the time to download or even play it...)
"Shit!"
"What?"
"Clanners!"
"No!"
"Yep."
"Shit!"

GreekFire

• Aeternus Ignis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #44 on: 28 November 2018, 12:52:01 »
In this round my main focus was implementing the remaining proto mech equip mentioned and supporting design in MML. I didn't look through the issues for bugs in what was already implemented. I'm trying to spend the next few weeks wrapping up loose ends rather than starting anything new so I'll probably be digging deep into some of the more long-standing bugs.

Cool, thanks for the reply. Best of luck with the bug fixes.

Zellbringen

• Corporal
« Reply #45 on: 03 December 2018, 20:02:58 »
If Zellbringen is refering to the "paid recruitment roll", I had similar issues in the earlier releases. You had to select the type of recruit your were looking for and then do not have to close that window with the "X" button but with the "close" button in order to get it to work. Maybe it's like it works in the new release as well (haven't had the time to download or even play it...)

Thanks, I'll try that on my next game.

Rince Wind

• Sergeant
« Reply #46 on: 04 December 2018, 04:19:45 »
I accepted a subcontract on a garrison contract and ever since it is telling me that I am not meeting the required deployment levels.
The subcontract hasn't even started yet though and even if I put a lance on scout duty (it is a recon contract) it continues to tell me this.

2ndAcr

• Captain
« Reply #47 on: 04 December 2018, 20:12:22 »
 Happened in the last version also, I never saw any adverse effect of it. No lost money, no negatives to the contract. I just ignored it

BlueThing

• Sergeant
« Reply #48 on: 05 December 2018, 22:34:24 »
Happened in the last version also, I never saw any adverse effect of it. No lost money, no negatives to the contract. I just ignored it
I remember seeing that once in 0.44, but I didn't figure out what caused it.

On a different note, I've run into a Stack Overflow when trying to save Battle Armor with an Anti-Personnel weapon on it.  I submitted it on GitHub:
https://github.com/MegaMek/megameklab/issues/231

Rince Wind

• Sergeant
« Reply #49 on: 06 December 2018, 05:44:55 »
Chase: Defender
I cripple a Firestarter (hip damage). He flees the map to the (east) side. I somehow feel this is not the point of the scenario. :D

NickAragua

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #50 on: 06 December 2018, 14:59:02 »
That's probably a side effect of the new "retreat to the nearest edge" logic. If you cripple a unit (the status bar on the unit info panel says "crippled"), it'll now make its way to the nearest edge by default, and shouldn't count for the purposes of "units that have crossed the far edge" even if they make it.

You can still configure it to retreat to a specific edge when configuring the bot initially if that's your jam.

bblaney

• Lieutenant
« Reply #51 on: 07 December 2018, 05:36:03 »
I accepted a subcontract on a garrison contract and ever since it is telling me that I am not meeting the required deployment levels.
The subcontract hasn't even started yet though and even if I put a lance on scout duty (it is a recon contract) it continues to tell me this.

Subcontract? What's that and how do you get one?

Thanks
Quote from: Nanaki
Realism is not going to cut it, Battletech is not a realistic universe by any stretch of the imagination, so please stop using it in an argument.

Quote from: HABeas2
That's debatable, but let's face it; some folks gave them a pass because they were big and claimed to be Scottish.

NickAragua

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #52 on: 07 December 2018, 17:47:18 »
They randomly come up during garrison contracts - basically you get another contract on the same planet that you can take and fulfill at the same time, but you have to have an extra lance deployed.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #53 on: 08 December 2018, 10:49:25 »
Will MegaLab be able to handle Support Vehicles?  I was trying recreate some Support Vehicles, like new Debbie Warcrimes Wagon, and found Support Vehicles or Primitive Combat Vehicles wasn't included in tech choices.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #54 on: 08 December 2018, 11:27:16 »
Will MegaLab be able to handle Support Vehicles?  I was trying recreate some Support Vehicles, like new Debbie Warcrimes Wagon, and found Support Vehicles or Primitive Combat Vehicles wasn't included in tech choices.

Support Vees from TechManual are planned for next year.  Currently they have to be made by hand, and not all types are supported.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #55 on: 08 December 2018, 11:59:34 »
I see. Thank You. Are the Primitive equipment planned to be in there as well?
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #56 on: 08 December 2018, 12:20:00 »
I see. Thank You. Are the Primitive equipment planned to be in there as well?
Primitive Equipment is largely in MegaMekLab, but you've got to set dates and tech levels correctly.

MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #57 on: 09 December 2018, 08:09:10 »
Primitive Equipment is largely in MegaMekLab, but you've got to set dates and tech levels correctly.
Isn't Primitive Equipment essentially Commercial / Support with guns?  Era thing would have to include the Jihad, since the "RetroTech" thing happened stuff like early Rooks were built with primitive tech and yet it was in modern era. etc.

I need play with lab again, byt If you set experimental in say Solaris Skunk Works, you should be able do any tech you wanted.  Isn't that same thing?

neoancient

• Warrant Officer
  • MegaMek team member
« Reply #58 on: 09 December 2018, 22:03:02 »
You can build primitive units other than vehicles in MML now. In most cases this requires advanced tech, though I think primitive small craft and dropships are available as standard tech. Primitive tech is considered extinct after about 2520, so if you want to build a Jihad-era retrotech unit you would need to change the tech progression options (select configuration from the file menu, go to the tech progression tab) to show extinct equipment.

beachhead1985

• Major
  • 1st SOG; SLDF. "McKenna's Marauders"
    • Kilroy's Wall
« Reply #59 on: 19 December 2018, 10:51:45 »
Support Vees from TechManual are planned for next year.  Currently they have to be made by hand, and not all types are supported.

So excited for this!!!

Any plans to bring in fractional accounting? Including for ammo bays? This is by far my favourite optional rule.
Epitaph on an Army of Mercenaries

These, in the day when heaven was falling,      Their shoulders held the sky suspended;
The hour when earth's foundations fled,         They stood, and earth's foundations stay;
Followed their mercenary calling,               What God abandoned, these defended,
And took their wages, and are dead.             And saved the sum of things for pay.

A.E. Housman