Author Topic: Oberon VI Question.  (Read 5004 times)

shadow_walker

• Master Sergeant
  • CBT Player (Ret.)
Oberon VI Question.
« on: 18 July 2014, 18:23:29 »
I recall before it was conquered by the clans it had a HPG and a industrialized capitally. Does anyone know if there was any information out there on what they could make?
Junction City, Kansas (noun) a parasitic town that leeches off the sore underbelly of a local military base.

Saint

• Captain
  • Keeper of the Reaper
Re: Oberon VI Question.
« Reply #1 on: 18 July 2014, 18:33:58 »
Handbook: Periphery is your best bet, but I don't remember if there was much info on it's industry other than pharmaceuticals and small arms.
"Our eyes lie on Glory, Honor, Strength. Burned worlds will declare our name as cause."

Archangel

• Major
« Reply #2 on: 18 July 2014, 21:26:55 »
While the last ruler of the Oberon Confederation tried to transform his pirate kingdom into a legitimate self-sustaining state, I don't believe anybody ever mentioned the Oberon Confederation actually being able to manufacture anything major on their own.  Any "'BattleMech" lines were probably more repair lines than manufacturing lines putting together salvaged material with whatever else they could acquire through both legal and illegal means.
Detect evil first, smite second and ask questions later.

Frabby

• Major
« Reply #3 on: 19 July 2014, 01:13:09 »
Oberon VI was noted for its electronics and pharmaceutical industries, but had no 'Mech production.
Their HPG went dark in 3045 already, for unknown reasons.
Sarna.net BattleTechWiki Admin
Author of the BattleCorps stories Feather vs. Mountain, Rise and Shine, Proprietary, Trial of Faith & scenario Twins

Peacemaker

• Lieutenant
  • Highest MUP Quotient on the forums.
« Reply #4 on: 19 July 2014, 01:18:04 »
Heh, "pharmaceuticals". I wonder if the Oberon Confederation was the 31st century equivalent of a narco-state.

Rainbow 6

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: 04 December 2016, 07:49:55 »
Heh, "pharmaceuticals". I wonder if the Oberon Confederation was the 31st century equivalent of a narco-state.

It wouldn't surprise me if that was the case, I wonder if the New Oberon Confederation will go back to that model if they are still around.

silverfoxdmt73

• Private
« Reply #6 on: 01 January 2017, 07:12:09 »
Sarna.net has a collected history/geographical information. The various Periphery books and novels.

Hendrik Grimm III ruled from around 3012 until the Clans, electronics and pharmaceuticals were produced and Oberon VI had a class B HPG.

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #7 on: 02 January 2017, 20:19:29 »
Oberon VI was a rather high-tech and developed world by the standards of the region, which is still not saying much (look at TTS: Butte Hold for a comparison). The Class B HPG is unusual for an independent Periphery world. Unfortunately, the population numbers in Periphery 1st Ed are just a little suspect, and I don't belive that there has been anything newer printed since.

My best guess is the "electronics and pharmaceuticals" as mentioned above. I'd also imagine that, at least until their destruction, the Oberon Guards were in generally better shape and had better support and maintainece then the average pirate force in the area. Which again is not saying much.
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

MarikMilitaMan

• Sergeant
  • The Kendall Hammers
« Reply #8 on: 22 February 2017, 14:54:08 »
My best guess is the "electronics and pharmaceuticals" as mentioned above. I'd also imagine that, at least until their destruction, the Oberon Guards were in generally better shape and had better support and maintainece then the average pirate force in the area. Which again is not saying much.

It wouldn't surprise me if they had access to similar facilities to those available to the Brotherhood of Randis, hopefully we'll get a TTS some day.

silverfoxdmt73

• Private
« Reply #9 on: 24 February 2017, 06:33:19 »
The recent TRO 3028 has a 'Mech in the 2nd Oberon Guards colours. Though it doesn't qualify as canon.

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #10 on: 24 February 2017, 16:57:44 »
The recent TRO 3028 has a 'Mech in the 2nd Oberon Guards colours. Though it doesn't qualify as canon.

Definitely not.

As far as I know, there's never been a published colour scheme for the Oberon Guards. Given that they are a periphery power of the era, their paint schemes probably are "Whatever paint we have"
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

O5P_Ghost

• Warrant Officer
  • DR? NSR? Doesn't matter, I'm the one with the HMG!
« Reply #11 on: 26 February 2017, 23:27:15 »
What is this TRO 3028 you speak of?
User formally known as Snowfire
"Because the Draconis Combine is the greatest, strongest nation-state the universe has ever seen, and it is the destiny of House Kurita to rule over all of humanity. The people of the Federated Suns can accept this or be made to accept it." MapCapellan

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,20515.0.html - Part 1

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,52013.0.html - Part 2

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,79196.0.html - Part 3