Author Topic: Mercenaries Kickstarter Discussion 6: the 1st 3rd Star League conversation  (Read 51444 times)

Fat Guy

• Major
  • I make beer disappear. What's your superpower?
They'll start charging shipping April 5th.
I have spoken.

Moragion

• Master Sergeant
Click through and then go to the next page and it's listed there.  Shipping still says 0 for me

Ah, I see. Didn't want to click in case I would jinx it  :grin: As we will receive another email when the shipping is added, I will wait. Thanks for the answer, and to Aresneo too!

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
Click through and then go to the next page and it's listed there.  Shipping still says 0 for me

Mine said "0" also. I hope everything is right. Just that panic that you get when something is finally coming out.
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

BirdofPrey

• Major
I haven't got mine yet, but my bank balance is already wincing in anticipation, for similar reasons.
I really need to stop buying minis, I don't get anywhere near opportunities to use them compared to what I've spent  :rolleyes:
You guys are getting to USE your minis?

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
lmao. lol.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

klarg1

• Captain
You guys are getting to USE your minis?

Closet’s not gonna fill itself!

riposte

• Corporal
My shipping is there now - about $140 for a couple of battalion levels, drop ships and a few extras to AU.  Very happy with that, last time I checked the CGL store was that for one Force Pack  :shocked:

EDIT: Spelling

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
Mine there too, also Australian, so I'm wondering if its just the Aus hub shipping that's locked in now.

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • RIP. Again. And again. And again.
From the CGL Discord (on my own initiative, not as a mod):

International backers of the @BattleTech: Mercenaries KS may have noticed your shipping charges are rather higher than what you may have expected.

We've let @Rem Alternis know, and she's looped in her team to follow-up with the distributor.

Please understand that we're about to go into a long weekend, and Rem, CGL, Backerkit, and the distributor may all be taking time away from their desks to spend with their families.

Unofficially, I would imagine the earliest we'll hear back is on Tuesday, if not later in the week. So please try not to get in on the pitchforks during the weekend flash sale.
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
From the CGL Discord (on my own initiative, not as a mod):

Where do I see that? Also Australia. Just got the email about changing address (which I don't need to do). What am I missing, thanks?
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Kerfuffin(925)

• Major
Where do I see that? Also Australia. Just got the email about changing address (which I don't need to do). What am I missing, thanks?

CGL discord: 

https://discord.gg/catalystgamelabs

I think if your log into the backerkit you’ll see the charge.
NCKestrel’s new favorite.

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
Not seeing it. Do I have to register for the Discord?

And tried logging in on Backerkit. It didn't recognise any of my email addresses.
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

riposte

• Corporal
Not seeing it. Do I have to register for the Discord?

And tried logging in on Backerkit. It didn't recognise any of my email addresses.
Try looking for an email with the subject "Response needed - Get your reward for BattleTech: Mercenaries" and click the link there - it prepopulates with the email address but also has a "skip this step" for logging in.  That might allow you in.

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
Got there in the end. Wanted to resend me the survey, but clicking into that got me to a screen. Showed me the shipping and tax - $180 of the little Aussie dollars, which is in the ballpark. Good thing I checked, my credit card had expired late last year, so I could update the details. Thanks all!

Moragion

• Master Sergeant
Mine too, and from the EU, so I guess it is not an Australia thing only. Quite a number, about 300$, which will be about 250 euros, I guess, but I expected it would cost me about that. The things I do for love.

Death_from_above

• Lieutenant
@Moragion; to get a better view on the Eu shipping situation, may I inquire what was your approx. pledge level (Battalion, Regiment,..)

Moragion

• Master Sergeant
@Moragion; to get a better view on the Eu shipping situation, may I inquire what was your approx. pledge level (Battalion, Regiment,..)

My total was about 800$, Regiment level plus a few add-ons. As you can see, shipping plus VAT is more than 1/3 of my pledge. Not great. I worked at shipping a long time ago, and still have friends working there, and this is more or less the state of shipping right now.

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Just to confirm, have we been charged for shipping yet?  I see that my balance is zero, but suspect that the charges haven't yet been calculated.

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
Shipping rates have been put in for some international customers but nothing for the US yet, it seems
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

Moragion

• Master Sergeant
Just to confirm, have we been charged for shipping yet?  I see that my balance is zero, but suspect that the charges haven't yet been calculated.

We will get an email on April 5th to pay the shipping. Right now I thing it is simply them putting the info on everyones account to get ready for the 5th. Probably why other people don't have any shipping stated yet.

niall78

• Master Sergeant
I'm looking at over a third (closer to a half) of my pledge level in shipping and VAT.

This completely destroys any value in the KS.
« Last Edit: 29 March 2024, 07:23:57 by niall78 »

thedancingjoker

• Master Sergeant
I'm looking at over a third (closer to a half) of my pledge level in shipping and VAT.

I'm sorry that sucks.  There is unfortunately not much Catalyst can do about that.

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Cause Them My Initials!
Well - lets just pile on the Shipping Outrage train here....Mine is projected at $260 (i'm assuming this is USD) which means if CAD is just over 350 USD.

That means my shipping is almost half the KS value.

Bloody Hell.

I don't remember the first KS being anywhere near this expensive.
« Last Edit: 29 March 2024, 08:39:19 by NeonKnight »
AGENT #575, Vancouver Canada

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
I don't remember the first KS being anywhere near this expensive.

It's not Catalyst gouging - this article goes into the various factors that have sent shipping costs skyrocketing worldwide.

https://www.freightos.com/freight-blog/shipping-delays-and-cost-increases/
"We have made of New Avalon a towering funeral pyre and wiped the Davion scourge from the universe.  Tikonov, Chesterton and Andurien are ours once more, and the cheers of the Capellan people nearly drown out the gnashing of our foes' teeth as they throw down their weapons in despair.  Now I am made First Lord of the Star League, and all shall bow down to me and pay homa...oooooo! Shiny thing!" - Maximillian Liao, "My Triumph", audio dictation, 3030.  Unpublished.

niall78

• Master Sergeant
It's not Catalyst gouging - this article goes into the various factors that have sent shipping costs skyrocketing worldwide.

VAT is the killer not shipping.

Was there not going to be EU distribution with this KS?

Euphonium

• Captain
  • Look Ma, no Faction!

I've just taken a quick look at mine, and $140 shipping to the UK on a pledge of ~$1200 seems quite reasonable.
It's the ~$280 in VAT that hurts.

I'm actually seriously considering getting it shipped to a US address and collecting it in person the next time I visit, especially since I've (hopefully) got the Leviathans KS delivering this year as well.

It also means that I'm much less likely to back future KS projects.
>>>>[You're only jealous because the voices don't talk to you]<<<<

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
Vague recollection there was some EU rule change that made VAT apply to KS stuff, between CI and this kickstarter?

It was one of the reason i figure i would not bother to take part in this KS at all 'cause the prices would be even higher on top of the rewards tiers being priced as retail products.

Euphonium

• Captain
  • Look Ma, no Faction!
Vague recollection there was some EU rule change that made VAT apply to KS stuff, between CI and this kickstarter?

It was one of the reason i figure i would not bother to take part in this KS at all 'cause the prices would be even higher on top of the rewards tiers being priced as retail products.

I've had so much trouble getting BT stuff that I figured the KS was going to be my only chance to get most of the things on offer at any price at all. My normal experience of buying physical BT stuff is that it is either perpetually out of stock, or the price is jacked up by scalpers.

Also, having run the maths, they've charged VAT on the full value of my KS order, but I got a lot of books as add-ons, which are zero-rated for VAT and thus should not have been included in the tax calculation.
>>>>[You're only jealous because the voices don't talk to you]<<<<

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
VAT is the killer not shipping.

Was there not going to be EU distribution with this KS?

Sadly it's all over crowdfunding.  I backed Nemesis Retaliation, which is made by an EU company and have been hit for VAT at 23% on it too.
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Cause Them My Initials!

I never said it was Catalyst gouging us.

To put into context, I just bought a K40 Laser cutter for home use, the thing is around 30lb, and came in a box 2'x1.5'x3' - pretty big. Cost me just under $1000. Shipping was free,  but as I still have the box, I'm sure I can go see if I can find the waybill to see what the shipping from California to Vancouver was. But I'm fairly certain it was not around $300 US

I also know from the KS site this is what was promised:

As to VAT, well, based on my Canada Customs Duties page
AGENT #575, Vancouver Canada

Register