Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
MechWarrior Hall / Re: Word Association 36: SAY WHAT AGAIN!!!
« Last post by rebs on Today at 12:42:13 »
speckled
Off Topic / Re: My running days are over
« Last post by MarauderD on Today at 12:34:06 »
Welcome to the bad knee club.  I'm 49, and my knees were pretty much done at 29 from too much basketball for too long. 

0 impact exercise is important, as others have noted.  That means no footfall.  None.  So you can get creative, but people are on the money.  Cycling, elliptical machines, swimming and rowing are the best ways to get good cardio now.  Minor footfall would be the next category.  Vigorous walking, ice skating both work here (only if you have some good skating experience to the point where you aren't falling!).  Lots of folks are surprised ice skating can help when you have bad knees, but the limited friction means you can really move around, and skating can be great exercise.

Number one thing is to just get out and do something.  Doesn't matter what, but take care of those joints.  Once you have arthritis or swelling (or you lost all your cartilage in your knees in my case) you need to find what works for you and your body and stick with it.  Good luck and welcome to the club that no one ever wants to enter!   :grin:
BattleMechs / Re: Dark Age/IlClan AC-2, -5, -10, -20 Challenge
« Last post by Hazard Pay on Today at 12:27:11 »
Only the Succesion Wars standard ACs.
BattleTech Miniatures / Re: Deckard_2049s Battletech stuff
« Last post by MarauderD on Today at 12:26:11 »
I've never liked that model but wow, that CGL plastic version and your paint have changed my mind.

Well done sir!
Code: [Select]
Saker (Prototype)

Mass: 85 tons
Chassis: Endo Steel Biped
Power Plant: 340 XL
Cruising Speed: 43.2 kph
Maximum Speed: 64.8 kph
Jump Jets: Improved (Prototype)
     Jump Capacity: 210 meters
Armor: Standard
Armament:
     1 Flamer
     1 ER Large Laser
     1 AC/10
Manufacturer: Unknown
     Primary Factory: Unknown
Communication System: Unknown
Targeting & Tracking System: Unknown
Introduction Year: 3150
Tech Rating/Availability: F/X-X-X-X
Cost: 28,045,198 C-bills

Type: Saker
Technology Base: Mixed (Experimental)
Tonnage: 85
Battle Value: 2,215

Equipment                                          Mass
Internal Structure            Endo Steel            4.5
Engine                        340 XL               13.5
Walking MP: 4
Running MP: 6
Jumping MP: 7
Double Heat Sink              12 [24]                 2
Compact Gyro (Armored)                                 6
Cockpit                                               3
Armor Factor                  256                    16

Internal   Armor   
                          Structure  Value   
     Head                    3         9     
     Center Torso            27        40   
     Center Torso (rear)               13   
     R/L Torso               18        26   
     R/L Torso (rear)                  10   
     R/L Arm                 14        25   
     R/L Leg                 18        36   

Right Arm Actuators: Shoulder, Upper Arm, Lower Arm, Hand
Left Arm Actuators: Shoulder, Upper Arm, Lower Arm, Hand

Weapons
and Ammo                        Location  Critical   Heat    Tonnage
Talons (Armored)                 RL/LL      2/2       -       6.0   
Armor-Piercing AC/10 Ammo (5)      CT        1        -       1.0   
CASE II                            CT        1        -       0.5   
Precision AC/10 Ammo (5)           CT        1        -       1.0   
Flamer                             CT        1        3       0.5   
CASE II                            RT        1        -       0.5   
6 Prototype Improved Jump Jet      RT        6        -       6.0   
3 Triple Strength Myomer         RA/LA      3/3       -       0.0   
AC/10                              LT        7        3       12.0 
Partial Wing                     RT/LT      3/3       -       4.5   
ER Large Laser                     HD        1        12      4.0   
C3 Computer                        RA        1        -       1.0   
3 Triple Strength Myomer         RA/LA      3/3       -       0.0   

Perhaps it works, huh? It's basically a light mech with the better melee output, that is expected to jump all the times and try to kick the opponents as possible.

-------------
Besides is an AC/20 allowed? Also only the standard AC, you mean? Not even the clans improved AC groups(which are the prototype models), as well as any other types of ACs, right?
MegaMek Games / Issue with Salvage %
« Last post by DamnKerensky on Today at 12:08:14 »
I've known for years that there was something wrong with the way the percents are calculated in the salvage ownership step, but it seemed to be beneficial to me *and reasonably consistent*, so it didn't seem to be worth bringing up.  But this is just egregiously strange and cannot possibly be hand-waved away as "oh, its just your settings."

With ownership of all salvage going to employer:
Total value salvaged (Mercs):       29,382,439 C-Bill
Total value salvaged (Employer):  70,183,956 C-Bill
Percentage:                                30% (max 30%)

But if I select a few cheap pieces of salvage for myself, then my percentage DECREASES ?!?!

Total value salvaged (Mercs):       29,854,145 C-Bill
Total value salvaged (Employer):  69,712,250 C-Bill
Percentage:                                29% (max 30%)

As someone who ages ago was (sort of) a coder, I wonder ... How in the world could this code be written to display this sort of behavior?!  Actually, let me answer my own question - I'm guessing there are two different places where the percentage is calculated and they are doing the rounding differently (?)

(To save people the effort of doing it themselves, the true percentages above are 29.51% and 29.98%)

How this affects play:
Normally (assuming there is a lot that I want to claim in this batch of salvage) I might select a bunch of vehicle salvage until I am somewhere around 30.8% then choose a mech as my final piece of salvage and go to perhaps ... 32 or 33%.
But if I am over my limit from my previous fight, and the new batch of salvage means I am at, for example, 30.6% before anything is chosen, then it rounds up to 31% and I am not allowed to choose anything at all.
In one case, the program lets me continue claiming salvage even if I am at 30.99%, while in a different case I am not allowed to claim anything at all if I am at 30.51%  This is not broken, but at the very least it is a strange design choice (from my perspective).

To be clear, this isn't a show-stopper by any stretch.  The game is still very playable.  I just feel like this is representative of the MANY tiny bugs/weird-design-choices (and a few not so tiny ones) in MM that aren't being addressed while more and more new features are added.
Having international shipping hubs helps with the international shipping rates.

Other events over the last few years have downgraded the US rates.
Clan Chatterweb / Re: Giftake sibkos expected to excel?
« Last post by Gorgon on Today at 11:50:44 »
In fact, it has. WCSB, page 125, asserts that the giftake is considered to be the warrior's best DNA sample and the one most likely to produce improved warriors. So yes, it appears to me to be a mixture of the Clans' quasi-mystical view of genetics and epigenetics.

Interesting, I learned something new today. It feels a bit like the ancient greek notion of a good death - to die at the height of personal triumph. The father of a champion of the Olympian games was said to be blessed by the gods, because he died when he heard of his son's victory.
When I think of the Clan KS, I remember folks in the EU had higher shipping rates than folks in the US.  Now, it seems that has been reversed.  Everyone I've seen thus far in the EU has more reasonable shipping charges than the US people.  (I realize EU people have to contend with VAT and other charges as well)

Clan Chatterweb / Re: Giftake sibkos expected to excel?
« Last post by JAMES_PRYDE on Today at 11:18:30 »
I think it fits within the Clans' pseudo-religious/cultish love of genetics and Warrior honor. Perhaps gifttake cadets are pushed harder by their trainers or push themselves further due to the implication that they have the blood of a 'successful' Warrior flowing through their veins, and thus can manage it. Motivation can be a powerful thing and a gifttake cadet could be seen as living the true 'legacy' of their ancestor.

Although now I think I might put that into my fiction now since my Diana Pryde was created from a gifttake by Peri.

Will this be Fan Fiction or a Shrapnel submission ? :cool:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Register