Author Topic: (Answered) Pilot Ability: Demoralizer  (Read 3075 times)

Captain Punka

• Sergeant
(Answered) Pilot Ability: Demoralizer
« on: 14 August 2019, 11:11:49 »
Two questions related to the Demoralizer ability.

1.  The Move rating of enemies might be reduced which *does* affect the target movement modifier (TMM).  But when I look through the rules, I don't see where there is a chart that says how to calculate TMM.  What am I missing?

2.  The trigger for this ability is when an enemy "comes within 6".  It's unclear to me how many times a check could be triggered.  For example, if during one movement an enemy comes within 6", then out of 6", then again within 6", would multiple checks be required?  What if it comes within 6" in different turns?  If you pass a check once, are you immune for the rest of the battle or do you have to keep checking each time the trigger occurs?
« Last Edit: 23 November 2020, 11:38:36 by nckestrel »

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Re: Pilot Ability: Demoralizer
« Reply #1 on: 14 August 2019, 11:52:54 »
1. It's missing the effect on TMM.  This was posted to errata. https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=65710.msg1520705#msg1520705
2. The check should be once per movement.  If it's on different turns, then yes you would check again. There's no immunity to Demoralizer.

Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Captain Punka

• Sergeant
Re: (Answered) Pilot Ability: Demoralizer
« Reply #2 on: 14 August 2019, 13:09:11 »
Thank you so very much for the quick response!  :D

Captain Punka

• Sergeant
Re: (Answered) Pilot Ability: Demoralizer
« Reply #3 on: 17 April 2020, 00:20:24 »
Follow-up question on this ability.

If Demoralizer is granted via the Assault Lance formation, an enemy unit is affected and thus intimidated by that mech, but then the Demoralizer ability is taken away on a subsequent turn (to be given to a different mech in that lance), is the intimidated opponent still affected?

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Re: Pilot Ability: Demoralizer
« Reply #4 on: 23 November 2020, 11:38:25 »
No.  If the Demoralizer ability is removed, then all its effects are removed immediately as well.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets