Author Topic: Clan Blood Spirit: Get Off Our Lawn  (Read 136029 times)

Stormlion1

• Colonel
  • Apparently Im a rare survivor of the 1st!
Re: Clan Blood Spirit: Get Off Our Lawn
« Reply #30 on: 23 June 2018, 08:09:58 »
Finished my Alpha Galaxy Light Star, An Adder, Vixen, Crimson Hawk, Mandrill, and a Piranha. Next is my Heavy/Assault Star. So far from what I have on hand it will be made up of a Blood Kite, Timber Wolf, and a Predator. But now I need two more. I'm thinking from this bunch so I dont duplicate mechs I've already done in Blood Spirit colors. Gargoyle, Naga, Bowman, Nova Cat, Warhammer IIc or a Canis.

What do you all think?
I don't set an example for others. I make examples of them.

The Eagle

• Captain
  • This is what peak performance looks like!
« Reply #31 on: 23 June 2018, 08:25:17 »
Canis for sure.  I've got one too and it will be painted soonish, and with all those lasers it just screams Blood Spirit to me.

And the Whammy is probably a good pick too.  The heavy laser variant is murder on two legs.
« Last Edit: 23 June 2018, 15:43:24 by The Eagle »
RIP Dan Schulz, 09 November 2009.  May the Albatross ever fly high.

Hit me up for BattleTech in the WV Panhandle!

Gaiiten

• Captain
  • Can not get enough of BattleTech!
« Reply #32 on: 23 June 2018, 12:07:16 »
Quote from: ColBosch link=topic=61902.msg1423134#msg1423134 date=152962059
...and, of course, anyone the Star Adders hate so much can't be all bad. :D
[/quote
Indeed. Remember the Fallen.
Crush yah enumhees, see dem drivun befor you, and hear de lamuntatuns of de veemon!

Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

Shin_Fenris

• Master Sergeant
  • Honor never dies
    • 357th Infernal Division
« Reply #33 on: 26 June 2018, 13:25:48 »
Yeah, I felt the Spirits’ canon fate to be one of the worst parts of the WoR book. Not because of my love for them, but because it was simply bland, predictable and lackluster. I too felt it would’ve been much more entertaining to see them reach rapprochement with the Adders by destroying (or helping to destroy) the resurgent Burrocks. Yet they were destroyed instead, and the Coyotes were ludicrously allowed to survive betraying the Clans. It’s what put me off BattleTech for a while.

I went into WoR with the assumption that the Spirits were doomed from the start. And then they just kept surviving and I actually held out hope that they would somehow make it, only to see them basically wiped after the fact. It's still a great book, probably one of the top five that I own for BT, but that one part did indeed feel "lackluster" to me.

Of course, in our current campaigns at home, we have the Cloud Cobras and Blood Spirits replacing the Ice Hellions and Hells Horses hitting the Falcons and Wolves respectively. The former to get out of the shadow of the Adders (and using the Babylon Diets as a justification for removing the Falcons from the IS), the latter as it's the only way they can ensure their interpretation of Kerensky's vision (and with almost tacit approval from the Adders as an "easy out" from the quagmire of York, since they need to focus units elsewhere).

Takes a certain amount of "shark jumping" required, but mostly because we have CC and BS forces, whereas we have no IH or HH units put together, and it's hard not to use some beautifully painted 'Mechs if they're available.
If this battlefield is Hell, then it is our home and wherever we go, Hell and chaos shall follow.

Lead 'Mech Wrangler: 357th Infernal Division, NE USA
Tai-sa Shiro "Fenris" Takeda, Mercenary: Kuroi Kaze (MAD-6KK Marauder II)
Galaxy Commander Zane Schmitt, Clan Blood Spirit: Iota Galaxy (Blood Kite 2)
Captain Brutus "Bloodsport" Carver, Mercenary: Song's Sentinels (SQS-TH-002 Sasquatch)
CI Backer #138 Merc Backer #32
Just here for KS info - y'all are too argumentative for real discussions.

Crimson Dynamo

• Lieutenant
  • Opening hearts, minds, and throats since 2807
« Reply #34 on: 26 June 2018, 18:45:45 »
I think the Gargoyle and Nova Cat would look positively devastating in CBS Alpha colors. Though I also agree the Canis would probably be a coveted piece of Isorla too.
"Well, I do, Marcus, and rule number one of the MAC has always been that the man with the plan leads. If we get shot up, I'm the first one to get my ticket punched. There are no flags in the MAC."
"And there never will be," Barton said, nodding his head in agreement.

"You guys are facing a freaking Shadow Division! These guys have strict policies against playing fair!"

"I don’t care. Kill them. I planned the defense so I know it will work. If they claim otherwise, they’re cowards. Any step back is a betrayal of me, and saying they don’t have enough men is just an excuse for incompetence and disloyalty. Tell the Krypteia to do it if you’re too soft but get it done." -Emperor Stefan Ukris Amaris I

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #35 on: 28 June 2018, 15:41:22 »
I think Canis and Nova Cat. Lots of firepower with the Blood Kite and Timber Wolf to add LRM fire.

Bren

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #36 on: 29 June 2018, 01:15:34 »
... I actually held out hope that they would somehow make it ...

tassa_kay

• Major
  • Karianna Schmitt has no time for your headcanon.
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #37 on: 29 June 2018, 11:53:07 »

That didn’t necessarily mean they were destroyed. They could have been Abjured and simply left. Just saying.
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it." - Mike Tyson

My Personal Units: Thuggee Warrior House Nagah (Capellan Confederation), 29th Blood Drinkers (Clan Blood Spirit), Nightmare Galaxy (Clan Hell's Horses), 1st Raven Rook Cluster (Raven Alliance)
Favorite Factions: Capellan Confederation • Clan Blood Spirit • Clan Smoke Jaguar • Clan Hell's Horses • Raven Alliance • Fronc Reaches • Rim Worlds Republic • Magistracy of Canopus
Favorite Characters: Malvina Hazen • Kali Liao • Katherine Steiner-Davion • Anastasia Kerensky • Danai Liao-Centrella • Karianna Schmitt • Lady Death • Tara Campbell • Katana Tormark
Favorite Units: The Golden Ordun • Wolf Hunters • 1st Horde Cluster • 1st Rasalhague Bears • Thuggee Warrior Houses • Hikage • Raptor Keshik • Kara's Scorchers • 1st Star Sentinels

Maelwys

• Major
« Reply #38 on: 29 June 2018, 17:45:18 »
I think its more of a comment on the fact that the Blood Spirit icon is still there partially, unlike the icons for the other Clans that have died.

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #39 on: 29 June 2018, 18:03:00 »
I see the faded but not totally erased insignia and all I can think of is the strangeness in Blood Avatar
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #40 on: 29 June 2018, 18:52:22 »
I see the faded but not totally erased insignia and all I can think of is the strangeness in Blood Avatar

Blood Avatar is the one reason I really have hope the Clan survived in part. That and when Honor and Haven were destroyed the Star Adders destroyed dropships leaving the planet which meant there probably were jumpships in orbit they were trying to reach. What if the Colleen System wasn't the only new colony world the Spirits had founded? What if they had set up another smaller one when there new hidey hole was discovered? That's my theory.

Oh, I decided on a Matador and a Nova Cat to help make up the Alpha Galaxy Star I'm working on. Found out I already have a Canis I've painted. Might as well as get a Matador which I don't have yet.

Maelwys

• Major
« Reply #41 on: 29 June 2018, 22:47:32 »
Well, everything that we know about the Blood Spirits is whatever the Diamond Sharks figured out. If you assume that the Diamond Shark intelligence isn't 100% accurate and Omniscient, anything is possible.

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #42 on: 30 June 2018, 06:14:11 »
The other option is the other Clans competed for Blood Spirit heritages and formed new bloodhouses in there Clans or the Blood Spirits shared heritages pre-WoR and Blood Avatar featured them on a scouting mission.

I could also see the dezgra Star Adders creating sibkos of pure Spirit warriors but using them for infantry or to fill the watch.

Sharkapult

• Sergeant
« Reply #43 on: 30 June 2018, 08:29:20 »
The other option is the other Clans competed for Blood Spirit heritages and formed new bloodhouses in there Clans or the Blood Spirits shared heritages pre-WoR and Blood Avatar featured them on a scouting mission.

I could also see the dezgra Star Adders creating sibkos of pure Spirit warriors but using them for infantry or to fill the watch.

I wouldn't put making new clans or resurrecting old clans in order to add more puppets into the Clan Council past the Star Adders. Cut off a Galaxy or so of troops, gift them bloodnames, sibkos, a landhold somewhere and voila! Two more puppet votes in the Council.

It would be very Star Adder-y to make a "new" Blood Spirit puppet as a lasting insult (or reminder of what they are capable of) to their foes.

The Eagle

• Captain
  • This is what peak performance looks like!
« Reply #44 on: 30 June 2018, 08:56:34 »
As interesting as that might be as a means for resurrecting the Clan, I don't think the Adders would do it.  The Burrock resurrection probably left a bad taste in their mouth.
RIP Dan Schulz, 09 November 2009.  May the Albatross ever fly high.

Hit me up for BattleTech in the WV Panhandle!

Gaiiten

• Captain
« Reply #45 on: 30 June 2018, 10:10:50 »
If the Adders decide to reactivate Blood Spirit bloodlines, I believe they would be a great addition to the Star Adder Clan.

Taught the true way of the Clans (AKA Star Adder way  ;) ) without the bitterness, driven by the idea to prove the value of their bloodlines again they could be among the most fanatic and loyal future Star Adder warriors (AKA "from Saulus to Paulus" effect).
Crush yah enumhees, see dem drivun befor you, and hear de lamuntatuns of de veemon!

Sharpnel

• Colonel
« Reply #46 on: 30 June 2018, 10:30:41 »

And the Cloud Cobras got squat nothing outside of sourcebooks
Consigliere Trygg Bender, CRD-3BL Crusader, The Blazer Mafia
Takehiro 'Taco' Uchimiya, SHD-2H Shadow Hawk 'Taco', Crimson Oasis Trading Company

"Of what use is a dream, if not a blueprint for courageous action" -Adam West
As I get older, I realize that I'm not as good as I once was.
"Life is too short to be living someone else's dream" - Hugh Hefner

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #47 on: 30 June 2018, 19:15:42 »
If the Adders decide to reactivate Blood Spirit bloodlines, I believe they would be a great addition to the Star Adder Clan.

Taught the true way of the Clans (AKA Star Adder way  ;) ) without the bitterness, driven by the idea to prove the value of their bloodlines again they could be among the most fanatic and loyal future Star Adder warriors (AKA "from Saulus to Paulus" effect).

We’ll pass, thanks. :thumbsup:
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it." - Mike Tyson

My Personal Units: Thuggee Warrior House Nagah (Capellan Confederation), 29th Blood Drinkers (Clan Blood Spirit), Nightmare Galaxy (Clan Hell's Horses), 1st Raven Rook Cluster (Raven Alliance)
Favorite Factions: Capellan Confederation • Clan Blood Spirit • Clan Smoke Jaguar • Clan Hell's Horses • Raven Alliance • Fronc Reaches • Rim Worlds Republic • Magistracy of Canopus
Favorite Characters: Malvina Hazen • Kali Liao • Katherine Steiner-Davion • Anastasia Kerensky • Danai Liao-Centrella • Karianna Schmitt • Lady Death • Tara Campbell • Katana Tormark
Favorite Units: The Golden Ordun • Wolf Hunters • 1st Horde Cluster • 1st Rasalhague Bears • Thuggee Warrior Houses • Hikage • Raptor Keshik • Kara's Scorchers • 1st Star Sentinels

Gaiiten

• Captain
« Reply #48 on: 01 July 2018, 05:26:09 »
We’ll pass, thanks. :thumbsup:
Well said from a Passed Away  ;)

So far we do not know what the Homeclans will be up to do. Maybe a new *super* Clan is supposed to arise from the surviving 4.

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #49 on: 01 July 2018, 08:06:10 »
Perhaps that’s a conversation best left for another thread.

Nemesis

• Corporal
« Reply #50 on: 01 July 2018, 13:08:11 »

Highly unlikely for such bitter enemies. The only reason the Burrock resurrection happened was because the absorption was a cooperative one due to Spirit interference and disgraced leadership, and despite being as friendly as possible look how that turned out in the end. Making a galaxy from another clan didn't work with their friends, so there's no way they'd do that with people who want them dead.

Think of how equally unlikely it would be if the situation were reversed. What are the odds of it not ending in an Adder rebellion? The only difference is that unlike the Burrocks the Adder survivors would wait and prepare until they could cripple the Spirits from within to ensure it would succeed.

If it did happen, and the Spirits spin off a new Blood Spirit/Star Adder sub-clan... Blood Spadder? Blood Spatter! The clan symbol would look like a crimson Jackson Pollock painting. :P

TLDR - Absorptions don't work. The only exception being Widowmaker, which was virtually annihilated before being absorbed and didn't have enough of the clan left to cause any problems.

Star Adder, Star Adder, he drives a pitch black Mech
Star Adder, Star Adder, with Heavy Laser tech

(with apologies to Rowan Atkinson)

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #51 on: 01 July 2018, 14:38:06 »
My money is Blood Avatar showed us a Watch Agent with a Blood Spirit lineage but not one from the Stone Lions or the Coyotes. The Adders probably have little interest in using the lineages themselves but have few issues with the other Clan's trialing for them and using them. The number of Bloodnames after the WoR was quite limited after all and using proven heritages from a Clan that survived the WoR would be seen as not wasting a resource.

Bad news, didn't refight Lovell today. Jeep broke down and while trying to fix it I actually had the muffler fall off. Going to reset the game for later in July and hope to have pics for then.

Maelwys

• Major
« Reply #52 on: 01 July 2018, 19:10:34 »
Well, not quite. It showed us someone with a name that was an anagram for a Blood Spirit Bloodname. That's really it, unless I missed a big explanation.

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #53 on: 30 July 2018, 19:23:13 »
Refought Battle of Lovell yesterday. I fielded three Morrigus, five mediums and lights with two heavys and a Dire Wolf as my only Assault. Fought nine Star Adders in mostly mediums and Heavys and a single Blood Asp. Started out good, knocking one of the Hellbringers off its feet but quickly went downhill as my luck turned. Had a great time as my Dire Wolf swatted a Fire Moth with a single head shot and then it killed the Blood Asp in a single turn. Sadly the Dire Wolf got infernoed and combined with the heat caused ammo explosion checks. Which i promptly all failed.

That point my force was split in two and couldn't support each other and i got destroyed in detail. Ended with a Woodsman facing off with a Summoner and Timber Wolf surrounded by wrecked Morrigu's and a Stooping Hawk on the run when time ran out.

AlphaMirage

• Major
« Reply #54 on: 30 July 2018, 21:13:42 »
Had a great time as my Dire Wolf swatted a Fire Moth with a single head shot and then it killed the Blood Asp in a single turn. Sadly the Dire Wolf got infernoed and combined with the heat caused ammo explosion checks. Which i promptly all failed.

That point my force was split in two and couldn't support each other and i got destroyed in detail. Ended with a Woodsman facing off with a Summoner and Timber Wolf surrounded by wrecked Morrigu's and a Stooping Hawk on the run when time ran out.

It's what you get when you knock my elite Gunnery Hellbringer down with no good targets.  Reactor flooding your Mongrel with an LBX pellet was a high point though.

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #55 on: 01 August 2018, 14:28:38 »
It's what you get when you knock my elite Gunnery Hellbringer down with no good targets.  Reactor flooding your Mongrel with an LBX pellet was a high point though.

Poor drowned Blood Spirit Mechwarrior drowning in a Diamond Shark Mech. At least there is Symmetry.

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #56 on: 19 September 2018, 13:29:05 »
Hello all,

While re reading the spirit naval reserve entry made me wonder what you all think the two lost ships in the burrock absorption were? One was the flagship and the other was total unknown.

So what do you think? Some have suggested a McKenna, Texas or Farragut as the flagship but what about the 2nd lost ship? Avatar, Essex or another aegis?

Reminder the spirits traded away a good chunk of their fleet so I would think they would have kept the best/most flexible back

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #57 on: 21 September 2018, 07:05:53 »
Btw prior to the absorption where was their fleet based?

Maelwys

• Major
« Reply #58 on: 21 September 2018, 09:25:52 »
Most likely York, though I've never seen anything mentioned with regards to shipyards that they may have.

As for the other, no clue, we don't really have any information, so one guess is as good as another.

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #59 on: 21 September 2018, 17:00:13 »
I've always thought the Flagship would gave been either a Cameron-mostly due to the name or a McKenna. Eighteen left with Kerensky but we only have eight or nine named ones among the Spirit Fleet.

As for the second ship I would guess a York or another small warship. Not all there warships would have large ships .