Author Topic: Do we know the Batchall line for all the clans?  (Read 3933 times)

drdaniel5

• Recruit
Do we know the Batchall line for all the clans?
« on: 21 August 2018, 19:51:59 »
Sarna has the line for Jade Falcon, Wolf, Ghost bear, and Smoke Jaguar. Is there a source for some of the other clans?

I play Diamond shark and would love to know that one.

Tai Dai Cultist

• Lieutenant Colonel
Re: Do we know the Batchall line for all the clans?
« Reply #1 on: 21 August 2018, 19:59:26 »
It's probably a thing that's more personal to the warrior, really.  But there's a lot of Sharks/Foxes fans active on the forum, no doubt they'll give you some suggestions before long. :)

PS: if you're new to the forum and haven't checked out the Fox fan thread, I'd suggest checking it out here.

tassa_kay

• Major
  • Karianna Schmitt has no time for your headcanon.
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #2 on: 21 August 2018, 20:53:40 »
It's probably a thing that's more personal to the warrior, really.

This was always my impression, too. I don’t think any Clan has a standardized batchall script. I feel like they just hit the salient points and improvise whatever boasts and/or insults that they feel in that moment.
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it." - Mike Tyson

My Personal Units: Thuggee Warrior House Nagah (Capellan Confederation), 29th Blood Drinkers (Clan Blood Spirit), Nightmare Galaxy (Clan Hell's Horses), 1st Raven Rook Cluster (Raven Alliance)
Favorite Factions: Capellan Confederation • Clan Blood Spirit • Clan Smoke Jaguar • Clan Hell's Horses • Raven Alliance • Fronc Reaches • Rim Worlds Republic • Magistracy of Canopus
Favorite Characters: Malvina Hazen • Kali Liao • Katherine Steiner-Davion • Anastasia Kerensky • Danai Liao-Centrella • Karianna Schmitt • Lady Death • Tara Campbell • Katana Tormark
Favorite Units: The Golden Ordun • Wolf Hunters • 1st Horde Cluster • 1st Rasalhague Bears • Thuggee Warrior Houses • Hikage • Raptor Keshik • Kara's Scorchers • 1st Star Sentinels

Nav_Alpha

• Major
« Reply #3 on: 21 August 2018, 21:13:20 »
“I smell blood in the water... come out of the shallow end and let us dance, Surat!”

"Hold your position, conserve ammo... and wait for the Dragoons to go Feral"
- last words of unknown merc, Harlech, 3067

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
  • Designated Snack Officer of the Diamond Khanate
« Reply #4 on: 21 August 2018, 21:28:02 »
The Sharkfox has wares if you have coin... ;D

I'm sure my compatriots will be able to come up with an actual INTELLIGENT response to your question.  I'm currently a wee bit sleep deprived.
I'm not sure how long you've been around on the forums, though you have a thousand posts. Never take anything JKlantern says seriously unless it's about food.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #5 on: 22 August 2018, 09:57:28 »
It is bound by each Clan's tradition and can be personal to the warrior, look at how it is handled in Blood of Kerensky trilogy.  Some of the fluff has noted that the traditional Clans have a strict formula that their warriors do not really deviate from . . . Clans that are a bit more free-wheeling like the Wolves & Sharkfoxes are more likely to vary what gets said when issuing challenges.  Anastasia Kerensky in Bonfire of Worlds offers some insights into the Clans' mentality about batchalls- typically it involves a lot of trash talking.

The batchall and bidding between commanders is where the battles start as each side tries to get into the other's head.  Natasha messed with Wolf Crusaders, look particularly to how she bid to take Gunzberg- at random removing stars until she had the Crusader at wits' end.  What you bid in a batchall can also unnerve the opposition- for instance bidding a secondline force against a frontline can insinuate that you do not respect the opposition, that you do not need your best warriors & material to defeat them.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Tegyrius

• Master Sergeant
  • They Are Not Our Friends
« Reply #6 on: 23 August 2018, 17:42:02 »
I'm sure there are literary-minded warriors who issue challenges in haiku... or insulting limericks.
Some places remain unknown because no one has gone there.  Others remain unknown because no one has come back.

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
« Reply #7 on: 23 August 2018, 17:59:09 »
I'm sure there are literary-minded warriors who issue challenges in haiku... or insulting limericks.

My name is Rodrigo Kalasa
I have come to mess up su casa
What force will you use
To fight me and lose
Once I ram my boot up your ass-a?

*AND SUDDENLY BANHAMMER, FOR SUBPAR LIMERICK*
I'm not sure how long you've been around on the forums, though you have a thousand posts. Never take anything JKlantern says seriously unless it's about food.

tassa_kay

• Major
  • Karianna Schmitt has no time for your headcanon.
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #8 on: 23 August 2018, 19:05:46 »

What force will you use
To fight me and lose

Aaaaaaaaaaaand now you can eat this Trial of Annihilation.
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it." - Mike Tyson

My Personal Units: Thuggee Warrior House Nagah (Capellan Confederation), 29th Blood Drinkers (Clan Blood Spirit), Nightmare Galaxy (Clan Hell's Horses), 1st Raven Rook Cluster (Raven Alliance)
Favorite Factions: Capellan Confederation • Clan Blood Spirit • Clan Smoke Jaguar • Clan Hell's Horses • Raven Alliance • Fronc Reaches • Rim Worlds Republic • Magistracy of Canopus
Favorite Characters: Malvina Hazen • Kali Liao • Katherine Steiner-Davion • Anastasia Kerensky • Danai Liao-Centrella • Karianna Schmitt • Lady Death • Tara Campbell • Katana Tormark
Favorite Units: The Golden Ordun • Wolf Hunters • 1st Horde Cluster • 1st Rasalhague Bears • Thuggee Warrior Houses • Hikage • Raptor Keshik • Kara's Scorchers • 1st Star Sentinels

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #9 on: 23 August 2018, 20:12:57 »

What force will you use
To fight me and lose

My name is Truetanker
You'll fall like an anchor
While I do have some Horse fame
When I kick your Shark-Fox lame
You'll cry and be rancor!

BOOM-baby!

TT

Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
« Reply #10 on: 23 August 2018, 20:55:10 »
My name is Truetanker
You'll fall like an anchor
While I do have some Horse fame
When I kick your Shark-Fox lame
You'll cry and be rancor!

BOOM-baby!

TT

I believe you misused the word "rancor" in your Batchall.  Just what one would expect from a Horse.  :p

*Gets run over by a tank*

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #11 on: 23 August 2018, 20:59:43 »
Hmm... think this needs some more thought....

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #12 on: 17 September 2018, 14:11:46 »
I think the Ghost Bear one is "I am [rank] [name].  I am here to take your stuff.  What will you fail to defend it with?"
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Kit deSummersville

• Precentor of Lies
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • The epicness continues!
    • Insights and Complaints on Twitter
« Reply #13 on: 17 September 2018, 15:32:29 »
Sarna has the line for Jade Falcon, Wolf, Ghost bear, and Smoke Jaguar. Is there a source for some of the other clans?

I play Diamond shark and would love to know that one.

All Fire Mandrill batchalls must be done in the third person.
Looking for an official answer? Check the Catalyst Interaction Forums.

Freelancer for hire, not an official CGL or IMR representative.

Everyone else's job is easy, so tell them how to do it, everyone loves that!

Millard Fillmore's favorite BattleTech writer.

Tai Dai Cultist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #14 on: 17 September 2018, 15:55:15 »
I think the Ghost Bear one is "I am [rank] [name].  I am here to take your stuff.  What will you fail to defend it with?"

That's a faulty presumption in that the Bears would proactively try to go out and take something.  The Bears end up getting stuff given to them they never initially bothered to try to get for themselves.

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
« Reply #15 on: 17 September 2018, 16:47:52 »
That's a faulty presumption in that the Bears would proactively try to go out and take something.  The Bears end up getting stuff given to them they never initially bothered to try to get for themselves.

"Huh, we just got a package of Gauss Rifles with a note that says 'Please Don't Eat Us.' "

"Put it on the pile."

ClarkeMarek

• Captain
  • The original
« Reply #16 on: 18 September 2018, 03:36:22 »
"Package for the planet's inhabitants.  What unit wishes to pick it up."   ;D (Sorry, had to get the landDiamond Shark joke out there somehow.)

On a serious not, if I had to improv it:

"Who defends this territory from the jaws of the Diamond Shark?"

"Son, if dynamite was dangerous, do you think they'd sell it to an idiot like me?"~Al Bundy
Five rounds, rapid!

Elmoth

• Major
  • Periphery fanboy
« Reply #17 on: 18 September 2018, 04:36:20 »
"Package for the planet's inhabitants.  What unit wishes to pick it up."   ;D (Sorry, had to get the landDiamond Shark joke out there somehow.)

Sounds more.like the FedEx service of the foxes

Von Jankmon

• Lieutenant
  • Everyone is entitled to my opinions
« Reply #18 on: 04 October 2018, 18:43:52 »
We are Falcons, not parrots. We have more than one line to choose from before we kick your arses.

It is by tea alone I set my mind in motion. By the juice of the brew my thoughts aquire speed, my mind becomes strained, the strain becomes a warning. It is by tea alone I set my mind in motion.

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
« Reply #19 on: 04 October 2018, 19:19:59 »
We are Falcons, not parrots. We have more than one line to choose from before we kick your arses.

The Falcons are proud enough that they assume you KNOW who's coming to kick your arse without prelude.

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #20 on: 05 October 2018, 12:43:36 »
Would this be taught in the sibko?

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
« Reply #21 on: 05 October 2018, 14:14:33 »
Would this be taught in the sibko?

I don't think there's a standard format for any batchall, but yes, the general idea of batchalls, how they work, that would definitely be taught.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #22 on: 05 October 2018, 14:23:24 »
Really?  I thought with the Falcons it was more like . . .

"I am Star Captain Hanz and this is Star Captain Franz, and we are here to blow you up!  Here me know and believe me later you freebirth!"
Colt Ward

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
« Reply #23 on: 05 October 2018, 15:06:47 »
Really?  I thought with the Falcons it was more like . . .

"I am Star Captain Hanz and this is Star Captain Franz, and we are here to blow you up!  Here me know and believe me later you freebirth!"

Would that make the Nova Cat Batchall "TOONCES, WATCH OUT!"?

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #24 on: 05 October 2018, 15:55:52 »
maybe, but I need more cowbell to decide
Colt Ward