Author Topic: Promoting the Mechwarrior Hall  (Read 1721 times)

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
Promoting the Mechwarrior Hall
« on: 01 November 2015, 13:46:10 »
Is there any chance of the Hall being promoted to a full sub-forum vice a child board under Roleplaying?  The volume of posts there drives the system to constantly show the Roleplaying board as "unread".  I've also noticed a lot of the games there aren't actually roleplaying (e.g., word association, random facts, etc.).

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
Re: Promoting the Mechwarrior Hall
« Reply #1 on: 03 November 2015, 03:18:44 »
Daryk,

We (the forum admin team) will have a chat about this.

Worktroll, Administrator.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #2 on: 03 November 2015, 06:38:04 »
Thank you, sir!  One more thing for the discussion: it looks to me like the Hall is the third biggest board all by itself (only General Discussion and Off Topic are bigger).

Wombat

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: 04 November 2015, 20:33:29 »
You also have a 84% chance of losing your 'mech, sanity, and your pants in the Mechwarrior Hall...  :D
"Remember gweilo, you suck when you are nervous." - James Hong

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth." - Mike Tyson

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • RIP. Again. And again. And again.
« Reply #4 on: 05 November 2015, 16:07:50 »
You also have a 84% chance of losing your 'mech, sanity, and your pants in the Mechwarrior Hall...  :D

85%, but only on odd Wednesdays in mathematical prime months when standing in the zone of truth.

<dons Calvinball mask>
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
« Reply #5 on: 05 November 2015, 16:23:30 »
Daryk,

At this point, the Admin team have decided to keep the existing structure in place, which means the Hall remains under Roleplaying.

While well used by a significant group of members, it's not used by as wide a group as forums like General Discussion or Off Topic. So keeping it as a sub-board makes sense from that perspective.

Sorry that it might not be the outcome you were hoping for, but we've got to manage the forums for all groups. (Otherwise, if I had my way, they'd all be sub-forums off the Minis forum ;) )

Worktroll, Administrator.
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #6 on: 05 November 2015, 18:58:17 »
Worktroll,
     Thanks for taking the time to discuss the matter.  I suppose I'll just have to keep looking at the roleplaying board hoping what I'm tracking is actually updating.  I may bring this up again periodically (say, in a year or so, if that's not too soon), because I don't see the situation really changing.  Thanks again!

-Daryk

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
« Reply #7 on: 05 November 2015, 19:22:34 »
Daryk,

Bringing this up again in a year's time would be entirely fine.

Cheers,

W.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #8 on: 05 November 2015, 19:28:45 »
Will do!  See you on this topic in about 12 months...  O0