Author Topic: Amazon.com > Sports & Outdoors > BattleMechs  (Read 6181 times)

Kat

• Freelance Artist
  • Warrant Officer
    • Kat's deviantART
Amazon.com > Sports & Outdoors > BattleMechs
« on: 05 July 2013, 16:41:42 »
An idea has occurred to me: What if the TROs were written like online product reviews? Hellcat and Falchion have contributed to this lunacy.

Daboku DCMS MX90-D

"Took one shot to CT. Autoeject engaged. Missed the whole battle. 0/10 stars. Would not buy again."
-- dcmsrocks3014

Marauder MAD-5D

"I was excited to find that the new model of Marauder mounts CASE, but was immediately disappointed to find out that the designers put it ON THE WRONG SIDE OF THE 'MECH! And what's with the SSRM2? How useless is that? I can never get a lock with it, and it barely scratches the target. I'm sticking with my 3R, thank you very much. 6/10 stars."
-- ~xX~HiReSwOrD~Xx~

UrbanMech UM-R60

"Urbanmech came apart when I started it up. 5/10; better than expected."
-- urbanmerc
The preceding post has been Smart Wolf®-Approved for quality!

BattleTech and original art          Free hex map template!

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
Re: Amazon.com > Sports & Outdoors > BattleMechs
« Reply #1 on: 05 July 2013, 17:01:45 »
Violator VT-U1

"Very disappointed to discover item is ten meters tall. Too large to fit comfortably. 8/10 stars, went back to drilling wells, if you know what I mean."
-- Anonymous User
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
1st and 2nd Succession Wars are not happy times. - klarg1
Check my Ogre Flickr page! https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLnb7v and https://flic.kr/s/aHsksV83ZP

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #2 on: 05 July 2013, 17:25:33 »
Marauder II C

"wats the difference between this and a maraudre iic??? 10/10"
-- L0rdD3ath320xx

(I so hate seeing "reviews" that are just asking questions.)
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
Check my Ogre Flickr page! https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLnb7v and https://flic.kr/s/aHsksV83ZP

Kat

• Freelance Artist
  • Warrant Officer
    • Kat's deviantART
« Reply #3 on: 05 July 2013, 17:47:15 »
Violator VT-U1

"Very disappointed to discover item is ten meters tall. Too large to fit comfortably. 8/10 stars, went back to drilling wells, if you know what I mean."
-- Anonymous User

Well. That escalated quickly.

Sarath SRTH-10

"Turret controls are tricky. Needs more spikes. 6/10"
--RegulusForever

Frabby

• Major
« Reply #4 on: 05 July 2013, 18:05:23 »
HER-4K
0/10! Got wrong item, 10 tons (and a class) light. When I told them this Hermes totally wasn't what I had ordered or wanted, they told me I should have ordered a Hermes III to get my Hermes II. No kidding. Who's cooking up these wonky alphanumericals anyways?
-CptGen
Sarna.net BattleTechWiki Admin
Author of the BattleCorps stories Feather vs. Mountain, Rise and Shine, Proprietary, Trial of Faith & scenario Twins

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #5 on: 05 July 2013, 18:10:20 »
Well. That escalated quickly.

His garage was only 7.5 meters tall and he's an oil prospector.

Revenant UBM-1A
"Could not figure out how to get into cockpit. Fiddled with remote control a bit and it ran away. 2/10, at least it took out my neighbor's annoying dog."
-- DaddyFiveO12

Fallen_Raven

• Major
« Reply #6 on: 05 July 2013, 19:16:55 »
Penetrator PTR-4D

"The arms contain lasers, not lances. Very disappointed. Also overheats a lot. 3/10"
-DorkKnight4Eva
Subtlety is for those who lack a bigger gun.

The Battletech Forums: The best friends you'll ever fire high-powered weaponry at.-JadeHellbringer

Kat

• Freelance Artist
  • Warrant Officer
    • Kat's deviantART
« Reply #7 on: 05 July 2013, 21:17:00 »
Fenrir Battle Armor

"I was skeptical about how practical quad battlearmor would be, but heard positive things about this one. Initially, I thought I would be laying down inside the armor, or sitting upright in the forward section. Turns out, it's actually made for two people, like a horse costume. 2/10"
-- katrinaismyhomegirl

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #8 on: 05 July 2013, 21:21:35 »
Sloth Battle Armor

"Is actually a 1980s Toyota van with legs bolted on. Mine dispenser is hilariously useless; who puts a mine dropper on the top of something? Lasers use cockpit as their primary heat sink. 3/10, easy to slink away and hide when everyone is ignoring you."
-- CattleArmor87

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #9 on: 05 July 2013, 21:49:07 »
Texas-class WarShip

Item was shipped in many jagged pieces, original photograph was deceptive.  Took a small invasion to get money back, losses still not recouped.  Never doing business with user stRaDDeR again. 

--MollyMaeMcHazenIIC
Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

ShadowRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #10 on: 05 July 2013, 22:32:20 »
Locust LCT-6M

MASC fried on first use. Never thought you could skid so far. Felt like I would never stop 4/10 What a rush.
We are Clan Snow Raven. Masters of the void, and reapers of your souls

befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.
— From a post on rpg.net

Maskerade

• Master Sergeant
  • Advertised product may not match reality
« Reply #11 on: 06 July 2013, 12:43:35 »
Scorpion Light Tank

Tried to ford shallow river. Tank flooded. So did the next 10. 5/10 as was able to use flooded tanks as bridge, and was cheaper than actually building a bridge.

-Xx1337pilotxX
Be polite. Be efficient. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

Dave Talley

• Major
« Reply #12 on: 06 July 2013, 12:46:00 »
tag
Resident Smartass since 1998
“Toe jam in training”

Because while the other Great Houses of the Star League thought they were playing chess, House Cameron was playing Paradox-Billiards-Vostroyan-Roulette-Fourth Dimensional-Hypercube-Chess-Strip Poker the entire time.
JA Baker

Fallen_Raven

• Major
« Reply #13 on: 06 July 2013, 12:58:02 »
tag

Target Acquisition Gear

"Everytime I mark something for retrieval it gets blown up. I suspect interference with missile guidance systems. Needs to be recalled immediately! 0/10"

-haxxor1337techsquad
Subtlety is for those who lack a bigger gun.

The Battletech Forums: The best friends you'll ever fire high-powered weaponry at.-JadeHellbringer

Rorke

• Captain
  • Absolute Shower
« Reply #14 on: 06 July 2013, 13:36:02 »
Scarecrow UCU-F4

Took it out to watch the local team play baseball, stood across from the stadium.  Had myself a perfect
view, was all going well until I spilled my slushie all over the dashboard thingie.  I surely am sorry about
the 248 people in the bleachers wut I accidentally killed.  On the bright side I made a flawless escape, and
now I've embarked on a thrilling new career as a pirate.  8/10
"you come at the king you best not miss" Omar Little

Arkansas Warrior

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #15 on: 06 July 2013, 14:20:08 »
Akuma AKU-1X

Everything was fine until enemy's lbx autocannon fragment punched into streak ammo.  Now I have to walk everywhere and my feet are sore.  Suspect Black Dragon sabotage among design team.  Who builds a mech in the 3050s with 6 tons of ammo and no CASE?  To make matters worse, Independence says ammo explosions are not covered under the warranty.  Would not buy again.  2/10
Sunrise is Coming.

All Hail First Prince Melissa Davion, the Patron Saint of the Regimental Combat Team, who cowed Dainmar Liao, created the Model Army, and rescued Robinson!  May her light ever guide the sons of the Suns, May our daughters ever endeavour to emulate her!

E. Icaza

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #16 on: 06 July 2013, 14:23:53 »
Daishi Widowmaker

Bought used from Diamond Sharks Sea Foxes and came with a dead old lady in it.  2/10.  Will not buy from Sharks Foxes again.

-PrettyInPantsless
The Clans: the Star League the Inner Sphere deserves, not the one it needs.

Arkansas Warrior

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #17 on: 06 July 2013, 14:30:54 »
BZK-F7 Hollander II

This mech was fantastic for killing Panthers, if hard to keep on its feet.  But then one time I fell on my arse, and the next thing I knew, I was riding a parachute a hundred meters overhead.  Turns out it's even better at killing itself than Panthers.  Would not buy again.  3/10
Sunrise is Coming.

All Hail First Prince Melissa Davion, the Patron Saint of the Regimental Combat Team, who cowed Dainmar Liao, created the Model Army, and rescued Robinson!  May her light ever guide the sons of the Suns, May our daughters ever endeavour to emulate her!

E. Icaza

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #18 on: 06 July 2013, 14:39:47 »
SHD-2H Shadow Hawk

Roomy and comfortable cockpit counterbalanced by inability to contribute much on the battlefield.  Oh well, I guess I'll just have to look amazing while doing nothing well!  7/10.

-MyOtherMechisanOrca

E. Icaza

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #19 on: 06 July 2013, 14:54:23 »
Mad Cat

Yeah, I know I said I'd never buy from Sharks Foxes again, but the deal on this used Mad Cat was too good to pass up.  The only problem is that when I try to switch out my TIC, the ER Small Laser fires randomly.  Nothing bad can come of it though, right?  8/10.  Hey, the enemy DropShip is landing with safcon and I'm gonna fiddle with my TIC some more to see if I can work out the problem.  Wish me luck!

-PrettyInPantsless
« Last Edit: 06 July 2013, 14:57:56 by E. Icaza »

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #20 on: 06 July 2013, 16:33:03 »
Orca ORC-7D

"I pre-ordered this almost ten years ago and it still has yet to arrive. Total vaporware, and I've yet to see a refund from manufacturers. DO NOT BUY, this is a scam! 0/10."

-- MusicIsStupid

Champion LAM CPN-1X1

"This is the BEST and BIGGEST Land-Air BattleMech on the market. Its incredible movement profile and balanced weapons loadout synergize perfectly with your existing battlefield assets. 10/10!"

--  BergenRepTerra

(Edit: Fixed tags)
« Last Edit: 06 July 2013, 21:54:58 by ColBosch »

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #21 on: 06 July 2013, 20:25:09 »
1 Used K/F Drive

Purchased and received, but unable to affect repairs, or install danged thing.  College physics classes inadequate background, university mathematics postgraduate degree(s) all inadequate as theory is "quirky".  Will resell to highest bidder in auction starting 28 hrs 13mins.  Other than that, good item and prompt service from user/seller TechNoBat184.

--MeetchioKahkhu88

(wh00ps! The thread is for battlemechs, so this post will be auto deleted by HAPPEEbuyer.LC within hours)
« Last Edit: 06 July 2013, 20:36:31 by rebs »

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

Stormlion1

• Colonel
  • Apparently Im a rare survivor of the 1st!
« Reply #22 on: 06 July 2013, 21:02:22 »
Avalon Cruiser

"Said it was used, but I didn't know used meant it had suffered a blunt trauma at some point to the entire hull. I swear it looks like it rammed something and then fell into a atmosphere. Then someone duct taped it back together again and gave it a quick paint job and put it up for sale. Definatly didn't warrant the Acceptable rating."
I don't set an example for others. I make examples of them.

StCptMara

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Looking for new Adder skin boots
« Reply #23 on: 06 July 2013, 21:10:44 »
LCT-1M Locust

Told was a fire-support 'mech for my scout lance. Was totaled when PBIs fired assault rifles on it from ambush. Suspect
OstScout knew they were there and didn't tell. Armor too thin for expected duties. Will kill OstScout pilot later. Would
not buy again.
"Victory or Debt!"- The Battlecry of Mercenaries everywhere

"Greetings, Mechwarrior! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against---Oops, wrong universe" - Unknown SLDF Recruiter

Reality and Battletech go hand in hand like a drug induced hallucination and engineering a fusion reactor ;-)

Kat

• Freelance Artist
  • Warrant Officer
    • Kat's deviantART
« Reply #24 on: 06 July 2013, 21:12:03 »
Shilone

"Ordered one Shilone fighter. Received free same-day shipping, but item arrived in very rough condition. Was unable to contact user frr_tyra about replacing damaged item."
-- ulricK

E. Icaza

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #25 on: 06 July 2013, 21:31:35 »

OK, Mad Cat purchase did NOT go well.  Giving Sharks Foxes one last chance to make it up to me before I tank their rating.  Got a good line on a whole Cluster of Clan OmniMechs for dirt cheap if I handle getting them ready for shipping myself!  Don't understand why Shark Fox merchant was laughing and handed me a shovel, but wish me luck!

-PrettyInPantsless

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #26 on: 06 July 2013, 22:09:48 »
Gauss Rifle Rounds, 1 Gross, ClanTech Guaranteed

"Delivered promptly at hypersonic velocity, along with a variety of other munitions. Seller is a SCAMMER looking to steal your name, address, bank account number, and the contents of your secret weapon stockpiles. Seller would not issue refund. 2/10."
-- whutIsAbatchallAnyway63

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #27 on: 06 July 2013, 22:35:47 »
J. Edgar

What a Hoovercraft!!!  7/10

--efdee_argh@SAFE
« Last Edit: 07 July 2013, 02:05:40 by rebs »

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #28 on: 08 July 2013, 07:43:50 »
Phoenix Hawk PXH-1

"Came with a pretty young Japanese girl. At first thrilled by this bonus, until she started singing. And never stopped. While the conflict ended through the power of love or some crap, the underlying sociopolitical issues were left unresolved. 6/10, the 'Mech is kinda nice."
-- Runter

Notsonoble

• Lieutenant
  • Justice will be delicious!!!
« Reply #29 on: 08 July 2013, 11:24:52 »
Crusader CRD-3r

"Expected heavy fire support mech, unit arrived and turned out to be a STG-A5 with temp armor and one-shot missile packs bolted all over the place. Still, the OS weapons worked and the LAM was in pretty good shape, so worth five points for quality hard to find chassis. 5/10"

--CannotbeUnseen
Self:  Meltrans are already culture shocked, except their response is to squeal like high school girls at a boy band concert and discharge energy weapons in random directions.
Weirdo: Sounds like the proper reaction to a Macross Cannon to me.
Quote from: Weirdo
And of course if even a single Constitution had shown up onscreen for even a single second, you would have been able to hear the mass squeeing from orbit.

Fatebringer

• Major
  • 138th Mechanized Infantry The Chicago Division
« Reply #30 on: 08 July 2013, 12:04:04 »
Penetrator PTR-4D

"The arms contain lasers, not lances. Very disappointed. Also overheats a lot. 3/10"
-DorkKnight4Eva

- - DorkKnight4Eva, "Improper use of product will cause irritation and discomfort", it's right there on page 2 of the Operations Manual. You can't blame the company when you don't read the warning signs.
- DivaShopper

Star Captain Jared Siegel ~ Clan Snow Raven Forum
"If every mech was built like in MWO, we'd all be carrying ammo in our feet..."

E. Icaza

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #31 on: 08 July 2013, 13:46:08 »
Erinyes ProtoMech

"Was looking for a cheap ProtoMech, so I guess I got that.  It looks just like my mother-in-law, right down to the disapproving glare and bad haircut.  As a war machine 0/10.  As a target...11/10.  Will buy again."
-STLismycopilot

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #32 on: 08 July 2013, 16:39:16 »
Rottweiler Battle Armor

"Ordered a squads' worth of suits. Received a litter of adorable, roly-poly puppies. Suspect Blakist interception, don't care, have puppies. 9/10."
-- SitxhLyran

Register