Author Topic: ‘Mech of the Week: Ursa  (Read 15340 times)

GreekFire

• Aeternus Ignis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
Re: ‘Mech of the Week: Ursa
« Reply #30 on: 07 April 2016, 19:34:26 »
True, but neither can cover the other Quad very well. They still need an ally that can torso twist and cover what their limited arcs can't cover.

Yeah, that's true. I have seen it work out pretty decently, mostly when combined with BA as suggested, but you gotta watch those arcs.

I still feel like it's a support 'Mech though. I dunno, I haven't been a fan of it so far. I might have to play around with it some more.

Tu habites au Québec? Tu veux jouer au BattleTech? Envoie-moi un message!

Nahuris

• Captain
« Reply #31 on: 13 April 2016, 17:40:50 »
The more I look at this design, the more similarities I see with the White Flame. There are more similarities here, than the Thunder Fox has with the Blue Flame, which, per the fluff, it was designed off of......

Beginning to wonder how many of the houses have their own Project Paperclip operations going, after the Jihad.

Nahuris
"A friend will calm you down when you are angry, but a BEST friend will skip along beside you with a baseball bat singing "someone's gonna get it."

"If we are ever in a situation, where I am the voice of reason, we are in a very bad situation."

Frogfoot

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #32 on: 13 April 2016, 19:21:13 »
Beginning to wonder how many of the houses have their own Project Paperclip operations going, after the Jihad.

Could work from the other side too: Former WoB engineers and designers joining private companies in the arms industry under alternate identities.

Nahuris

• Captain
« Reply #33 on: 13 April 2016, 22:17:07 »
Could work from the other side too: Former WoB engineers and designers joining private companies in the arms industry under alternate identities.

I've assumed that some of that has HAD to have happened --- with the number of WOB people, especially ones that were not mechwarriors, etc.... it would have been easy to just melt into the populace, and wait for the call..... maybe raise your kids in the secret family knowledge, etc.

Nahuris
"A friend will calm you down when you are angry, but a BEST friend will skip along beside you with a baseball bat singing "someone's gonna get it."

"If we are ever in a situation, where I am the voice of reason, we are in a very bad situation."