Author Topic: House Liao Art Notes  (Read 7133 times)

Peacemaker

• Lieutenant
  • Highest MUP Quotient on the forums.
House Liao Art Notes
« on: 02 February 2011, 21:03:17 »
These notes are really cool and the art is awesome. Me gusta.

http://classicbattletech.com/index.php?action=blog&blog=BattleBlog

Lore

• Captain
  • The ONE and ONLY Doom.
Re: House Liao Art Notes
« Reply #1 on: 02 February 2011, 21:49:02 »
Indeed. As I said elsewhere:-

Re:-

Kali Liao is looking at Candace, face ‘mostly’ serene…but there’s blackness in her eyes that might kill Candace where she sits. Kali should be wearing some strange mystical Thuggee-inspired black attire.

Looks like I've just found my next avatar image. }:)
Wielder of the Dao of Sarnese Fiat. Member of the Capellan Holy Trinity. Holder of the 10 celestial point record in the "Little Black Book of Cappiedom." This community's ONLY truly devout Kali Liao-fan.

Youngblood

• Captain
  • metalmans no longer dumpy or metal, can't touch
« Reply #2 on: 03 February 2011, 00:16:32 »
Quote from: HALF PAGE HORIZONTAL ILLUSTRATION (p. 62)
Xin Sheng!

A scene of a cavernous metal works manufacturer, with the giant cauldrons of molten metal moving and pouring in the background. An impromtu ceremony is under way. A man looking like he was born in an office cubical, with pristine clothing to match (see “Liao Business Suit” reference), is at the center. In a semi-circle around him those actually working the plant floor; dirty, filthy ragged clothing and looks; i.e. goggles up on heads showing faces blackened by dirt except for where the goggles kept it moderately clean and so on.

The official is affixing a brilliantly white/clean pin bearing the Chinese characters for “Xin Sheng” on the man’s leather apron. The man (and those behind him), despite their grime, filth and obviously 18-hour-work days for little pay are standing tall, proud, smiles blazing to be honored: evey citizen giving his all for the Capellan Confederation.
Gentlemen, we are about to experience a little slice of Utopia.

And that was totally not the Capellan in me speaking.
« Last Edit: 03 February 2011, 00:19:39 by Youngblood »

Daishi411

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: 03 February 2011, 16:18:54 »
how come the picture at the bottom labeled the guy in the middle as the dictatorship, i thought the caste was called the directorship, i'm assuming since its an early draft they'll fix it, i was just curious
"Warriors, not war machines, are the backbone of the Hell's Horses. While others worship the BattleMech as the ultimate weapon, the men and women of this Clan see even this awesome piece of technology as the tool it is. We have held to this philosophy since the days of our first Khan, who knew that the value of the common soldier far outstripped the brute force of the BattleMech. It is one reason our Clan possesses fewer mechs than most, and has led many to underestimate our fierceness and courage. Our survival against all challengers when others have fallen proves the folly of such arrogance, and testifies to the wisdom of our founders."
- saKhan Tanya Delaurel
Star Captain Logan Cobb-666th Assault War Cluster, Star Commander Octavian-The Thunder Heart Cluster

Lore

• Captain
  • The ONE and ONLY Doom.
« Reply #4 on: 03 February 2011, 19:22:33 »
how come the picture at the bottom labeled the guy in the middle as the dictatorship, i thought the caste was called the directorship, i'm assuming since its an early draft they'll fix it, i was just curious

I'm assuming it's a typo. Or the Directorship has been renamed as the "Dictatorship." ;D
Wielder of the Dao of Sarnese Fiat. Member of the Capellan Holy Trinity. Holder of the 10 celestial point record in the "Little Black Book of Cappiedom." This community's ONLY truly devout Kali Liao-fan.

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #5 on: 10 February 2011, 10:38:07 »
I'm assuming it's a typo. Or the Directorship has been renamed as the "Dictatorship." ;D

WoB hackers!
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Tukayyid Expanded Random Unit Tables, Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

bigmac

• Sergeant
« Reply #6 on: 11 February 2011, 16:14:42 »
I figure this is the place to ask about the Handbook: House Liao since the Liao fanatics will be here.  I have been away from Battletech for a while and I wanted to see if anyone knows when they are releasing the new Handbook: House Liao?

Peacemaker

• Lieutenant
« Reply #7 on: 11 February 2011, 22:06:44 »
That Crucible Station is intensely creepy.

FedSunsBorn

• Captain
« Reply #8 on: 11 February 2011, 22:18:08 »

Yeah, you said it.

Of course, it does seem like a great place for a Covert Op mission a la Rabid Foxes.  }:)
Made by HikageMaru

Taurevanime

• Captain
« Reply #9 on: 11 February 2011, 23:08:01 »
Am I the only one that is eagerly looking forward to see how that image of the invasion of Tikonov looks?

Lore

• Captain
  • The ONE and ONLY Doom.
« Reply #10 on: 12 February 2011, 02:31:18 »

I'm expecting a detailed write-up of the "tools of interrogation" used on Crucible Station. I'd like to envision something like Niska's technique in the "War Stories" episode of Firefly.

FedSunsBorn

• Captain
« Reply #11 on: 12 February 2011, 12:45:44 »
I'm expecting a detailed write-up of the "tools of interrogation" used on Crucible Station. I'd like to envision something like Niska's technique in the "War Stories" episode of Firefly.

Loved that episode in the series...but which part? The constant electricity? the blades? or that last device that looked like a vacuum cleaner hose with spikes on it?

Scratch that....your probably saying all three together aren't you?
Made by HikageMaru

Lore

• Captain
  • The ONE and ONLY Doom.
« Reply #12 on: 12 February 2011, 20:20:40 »
Pretty much.

[Capellan] interrogation should be an elaborate science, after all. ;D

Peacemaker

• Lieutenant
« Reply #13 on: 12 February 2011, 21:41:15 »
I dunno, I imagine the simpler techniques are superior. Short of directly stimulating he brain's pain receptors, people probably figured out the worst ways to hurt each other a long time ago.

Lore

• Captain
  • The ONE and ONLY Doom.
« Reply #14 on: 13 February 2011, 00:30:57 »
I dunno, I imagine the simpler techniques are superior. Short of directly stimulating he brain's pain receptors, people probably figured out the worst ways to hurt each other a long time ago.

Well, there's the Garak-method, of course. Simply staring at your subject for hours on end -- until he or she has broken down.

I'd imagine Maskirovka interrogators have used this method from time to time.

Stormlion1

• Colonel
  • Apparently Im a rare survivor of the 1st!
« Reply #15 on: 13 February 2011, 02:10:35 »
What, no mention of Chinese Water Torture?  ;D
I don't set an example for others. I make examples of them.

Peacemaker

• Lieutenant
« Reply #16 on: 13 February 2011, 11:23:25 »
Well, I imagine that's a bit more trouble than it's worth in zero or artificial gravity.

VilleVicious

• Private
« Reply #17 on: 14 February 2011, 08:18:29 »
I was thinking about long stints in zero-g sensory deprivation chambers interrupted by sort periods with loud sounds, bright lights and crushing centrifugal forces.
Formerly known as Nordic Anarchista

FedSunsBorn

• Captain
« Reply #18 on: 14 February 2011, 10:29:51 »
And that is all in just the first 5 min.  [whipit]
Made by HikageMaru

Youngblood

• Captain
  • metalmans no longer dumpy or metal, can't touch
« Reply #19 on: 14 February 2011, 15:27:01 »
I was thinking about long stints in zero-g sensory deprivation chambers interrupted by sort periods with loud sounds, bright lights and crushing centrifugal forces.
Oh, you mean like at a Manfred Mann concert...

...on Flunitrazepam!

Guardsman

• Captain
  • Sang-wei Christopher Vose
« Reply #20 on: 14 February 2011, 23:40:03 »
This is definitely something to look forward to. I wonder when Kurita will get a Handbook, and after that, what's next?
Dan "Albatross" Schulz
(
1979 - 8 November 2009)
You won't be forgotten,
You will live on forever,
So long as the internet exists,
We shall remember you, Albatross.
1st Chesterton Guards
Regiment/Veteran/Fanatical
100% Strength | 100% Upgraded

bigmac

• Sergeant
« Reply #21 on: 16 February 2011, 07:47:48 »
This is definitely something to look forward to. I wonder when Kurita will get a Handbook, and after that, what's next?

According to the authors, the only Handbook after Kurita will be one covering the smaller Periphery realms such as Niops, the Chainlane Isle, and the Hanseatic League.  There is not going to be one on the clans because they have dropped out of the universe during the Jihad and they have been fully covered in The Clans: Warriors of Kerensky, Operation Klondike, The Golden Century, and three Field Manuals (Crusader, Warden, and Update).  So there are only three left to go: Liao, Kurita, and the minor Periphery states. 

I personally want to find out the publishing schedule so I can finish the Reunification War Map that I have been drawing up using the 3063 Battletech map.

Peacemaker

• Lieutenant
« Reply #22 on: 16 February 2011, 10:01:34 »
I'm pretty sure Handbook: Minor Periphery States got canceled.

roosterboy

• Site Maintenance
  • Major
  • J'accuse!
« Reply #23 on: 16 February 2011, 10:21:42 »
Quote from: 2010-0717 BattleChat 2
<Dukeroyal> Is Handbook Minor Periphery States still planned for sometime in the future?
<Habeas2> DukeRoyal - No. That project was cut from the line-up before the Outlining stage.

Guardsman

• Captain
« Reply #24 on: 16 February 2011, 14:02:24 »
I'm pretty sure Handbook: Minor Periphery States got canceled.

Darn, that would have been an instant sale for me.
Dan "Albatross" Schulz
(
1979 - 8 November 2009)
You won't be forgotten,
1st Chesterton Guards

Peacemaker

• Lieutenant
« Reply #25 on: 16 February 2011, 15:39:31 »
I feel the same way. I guess Deep and Minor Periphery material is just too small a niche to be profitable.

Guardsman

• Captain
« Reply #26 on: 16 February 2011, 15:41:37 »
I feel the same way. I guess Deep and Minor Periphery material is just too small a niche to be profitable.

Maybe if the fans demand it, they'll reconsider it. We should start a petition. Minor Periphery States Handbook now! :)
Dan "Albatross" Schulz
(
1979 - 8 November 2009)
You won't be forgotten,
1st Chesterton Guards

Degman

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #27 on: 17 February 2011, 11:46:03 »
Maybe if the fans demand it, they'll reconsider it. We should start a petition. Minor Periphery States Handbook now! :)

Hear, hear!  [rockon]

Guardsman

• Captain
« Reply #28 on: 17 February 2011, 14:09:01 »
Hear, hear!  [rockon]

Which part of the forum should we put our petition?
Dan "Albatross" Schulz
(
1979 - 8 November 2009)
You won't be forgotten,
1st Chesterton Guards

Register