Author Topic: What would you equip the reborn Rolling Thunder and GMAB with ?  (Read 11554 times)

martian

• Lieutenant Colonel
Re: What would you equip the reborn Rolling Thunder and GMAB with ?
« Reply #30 on: 01 February 2011, 16:57:53 »
To return back to 'Mechs and vehicles, could Regulans use Marauder MAD-9M and MAD-9M2? I would say they can build them on Wallis, and if not build them then salvage them. Which leads me to interesting MAD-6M Marauder II with suite of pulse lasers. Does anyone know where this 'Mech is (re)built? I mean, can Regulans get their hands on it?

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #31 on: 01 February 2011, 17:16:35 »
To return back to 'Mechs and vehicles, could Regulans use Marauder MAD-9M and MAD-9M2? I would say they can build them on Wallis, and if not build them then salvage them. Which leads me to interesting MAD-6M Marauder II with suite of pulse lasers. Does anyone know where this 'Mech is (re)built? I mean, can Regulans get their hands on it?

TR3085 specifically says Wallis is making the MAD-9M2.  I thik all the former FWL remnants can refit the MAD-6M.  There's no reason listed to exclude the Regulans.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Moonsword

• Acutus Gladius
  • Global Moderator
  • Colonel
  • You interrupted me reading TROs for this?
« Reply #32 on: 01 February 2011, 17:17:38 »
They're building Marauders and Warhammers on Wallis in the Marik book, so I'd assume they can get their hands on the MAD-9M and 9M2.  (The other Marauder line in the FWL was on Gibson, so, uh, blame Regulus!)

As far as the Marauder II, they may be able to redevelop it in-house, but that would be a major undertaking.

martian

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #33 on: 01 February 2011, 17:33:19 »
O.K., I wasn't sure if there isn't mentioned elsewhere something about MAD-6M, thanks.

Regulans could use Warhammers? WHM-8D and -8M? Maybe some older WHM-7M?

As you may see from my userbar, I used to be fan of 13th Marik Militia, but when I read they defected to Blakists ... I wasn't pleased to say it gently.   :(

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #34 on: 01 February 2011, 17:44:31 »
They're building Marauders and Warhammers on Wallis in the Marik book, so I'd assume they can get their hands on the MAD-9M and 9M2.  (The other Marauder line in the FWL was on Gibson, so, uh, blame Regulus!)

As far as the Marauder II, they may be able to redevelop it in-house, but that would be a major undertaking.

Irian makes/made the MAD-9M and MAD-9M2.  Wallis reverse engineered the 9M2 and is building that model.

MAD-4S's were sold to everybody, including the FWL (TR Project Phoenix).  MAD-6M is a refit of the Marauder II (TR3085).  So I assume the 6M is a refit of the 4S.  FWL isn't buildling new Marauder IIs.
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Moonsword

• Acutus Gladius
  • Global Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #35 on: 01 February 2011, 18:04:44 »
I'm well aware of the Marauder II's production status.  That was a suggestion that Ronin might be able to reverse engineer the design and create their own line, not a suggestion that the FWL was building them.

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #36 on: 01 February 2011, 21:18:25 »
I'm well aware of the Marauder II's production status.  That was a suggestion that Ronin might be able to reverse engineer the design and create their own line, not a suggestion that the FWL was building them.

They could reverse engineer Daishi's and make an assault FWL omni too, but there's no indication that they have :).

Moonsword

• Acutus Gladius
  • Global Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #37 on: 01 February 2011, 21:33:07 »
EDIT: You know what, forget it.
« Last Edit: 01 February 2011, 21:43:43 by Moonsword »

JPArbiter

• Captain
  • Podcasting Monkey
    • Arbitration Studios, your last word in battletech talk
« Reply #38 on: 01 February 2011, 23:24:22 »
Irian makes/made the MAD-9M and MAD-9M2.  Wallis reverse engineered the 9M2 and is building that model.

MAD-4S's were sold to everybody, including the FWL (TR Project Phoenix).  MAD-6M is a refit of the Marauder II (TR3085).  So I assume the 6M is a refit of the 4S.  FWL isn't buildling new Marauder IIs.

eventually Iran folds into the republic anyway, which keeps the mech factory (secretly) operating and pumping out Marauder IIs.  the five major rebel factions, a Cappelan Task Force, the ROTS and the Northwind Highlanders all fought a massive war over it, with Katana Tormark's Dragons fury taking the factory
Host of Arbitration, your last word in Battletech Talk

Register