Author Topic: (Answered) Pure Battle Armor C3i networks?  (Read 10525 times)

mbear

• Stood Far Back When The Gravitas Was Handed Out
  • Major
    • Tower of Jade
(Answered) Pure Battle Armor C3i networks?
« on: 27 January 2011, 14:26:51 »
Page 297 says that power armor squads equipped with BC3i systems act as a single member of a standard C3i network. So I can equip six Level I's of Purifier armor with the BC3i and have them function as a single C3i network, right?

(Obviously the Inner Sphere can't do that because they rely on a C3 Master computer.)

Thanks!
« Last Edit: 19 November 2012, 17:32:04 by Xotl »
Be the Loremaster:

Battletech transport rules take a very feline approach to moving troops in a combat zone: If they fits, they ships.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your BT experience. Now what? (Thanks Sartis!)

Welshman

• Mostly Retired Has Been
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Re: Pure Battle Armor C3i networks?
« Reply #1 on: 27 January 2011, 19:45:32 »
Page 297 says that power armor squads equipped with BC3i systems act as a single member of a standard C3i network. So I can equip six Level I's of Purifier armor with the BC3i and have them function as a single C3i network, right?

(Obviously the Inner Sphere can't do that because they rely on a C3 Master computer.)

Thanks!

Greetings,

While the thought is somewhat disturbing, you are correct that six "squads" (Level I) of BA can form a C3i network with each squad being one "unit".

For the Inner Sphere, you would need a C3 Master, but the rest of the lance could be BA Squads.

Best,
Joel BC
-Joel BC-
Catalyst Freelancer (Inactive)

"Some closets will never contain Narnia, no matter how many times we open the door." - Weirdo, in relation to the power of hope.

Register