Author Topic: Favorite Character (from the faction you can't stand)  (Read 16745 times)

Phalanx

• Corporal
Favorite Character (from the faction you can't stand)
« on: 29 January 2011, 21:39:21 »
Topic says it all.

Steiner-Archer Christifori:He feels so real and he's not part of the nobility or even buddies with nobility(like EVERYONE else in Battletech).He has a "real soldier" feel to his character.

Davion-James Sandoval:For realizing who the TRUE enemies of his nation were, and not following on Victor's little "Down with Katrina" parade.

Liao-ummm.I'll get back to you

Marik-???

Mercenary-Jamie Wolf:Why? Because he's awesome.

Statesman:  Our Warlord.

Warlord:  Your Statesman.

-Liaofan

SulliMike23

• Lieutenant
  • The Brotherhood will expand in the Inner Sphere!
Re: Favorite Character (from the faction you can't stand)
« Reply #1 on: 29 January 2011, 21:41:12 »
Clan Jade Falcon-Aiden Pryde: For a Clanner, he's a brilliant tactician and one helluva mechwarrior.

Jaim Magnus

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Assisting you and your enemies equally.
« Reply #2 on: 29 January 2011, 21:45:48 »
RotS - Ezekiel Crow, aka Daniel Peterson.  Forever trying to do the right thing and epically failing every time.  Gotta love a tragic optimist.
BattleCorps - Righteous Fury, Sorrow of Eden, Lady of Steel, I Was Lost, Forsaken : Legacy - The Forgotten Places : Shrapnel - Scavenger's Blood : ELH Chronicles - View from the Ground : Shrapnel - It Ends in Fire, Picking the Bones

Peacemaker

• Lieutenant
  • Highest MUP Quotient on the forums.
« Reply #3 on: 29 January 2011, 21:51:24 »
I don't like Clan Wolf, but Katrina Steiner-Davion is pretty cool.

I used to not like House Davion, but I've come to accept Hanse is the man.

That's about it. I like every faction to one extent or another. There really aren't any I can't stand.

Traecer Revenant

• Master Sergeant
  • Speak softly & Carry a Large Gauss Rifle
« Reply #4 on: 29 January 2011, 21:57:51 »
Liao - Sun-Tzu Liao.  When he was introduced in the Blood of Kerensky series he appeared to be an absolute idiot.  But later you realize he was actually very cunning and always had a plan to benefit himself (and the Confederation).  Everything he did from the time he became Chancellor to the Jihad he seems to have carefully calculated and planned.  I don't like him or his faction, but his cunning and deviousness is worthy of respect, and helped rebuild the Capellan Confederation.

avon1985

• Major
« Reply #5 on: 29 January 2011, 22:55:32 »
Ardan Sortek, pilots a Victor an awesome Mech! Was Hanses right hand man.

Arkansas Warrior

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #6 on: 29 January 2011, 23:02:58 »
It's pretty well known 'round these parts that I'm a CapMarch FedSuns guy.  Now, as much as I'd like to focus more on the Taurians sometimes (Because it's always a good idea to remove a thorn in your side before you face down a credible threat) enemy #1 is the CapCon.  That said, I gotta say I really like Ion Rush.  He really seems like he's trying to do right by the Capellan people, and if I were a Capellan Citizen, I'd be more a fan of his way than Candace's.
Sunrise is Coming.

All Hail First Prince Melissa Davion, the Patron Saint of the Regimental Combat Team, who cowed Dainmar Liao, created the Model Army, and rescued Robinson!  May her light ever guide the sons of the Suns, May our daughters ever endeavour to emulate her!

Stormlion1

• Colonel
  • Apparently Im a rare survivor of the 1st!
« Reply #7 on: 29 January 2011, 23:08:21 »
You know, I used to hate Sun Tzu Liao, now I still hate the bum but I respect him.
I don't set an example for others. I make examples of them.

MadCapellan

• Furibunda Scriptorem
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • In the name of Xin Sheng, I will punish you!
    • Check out the anime I've seen & reviewed!
« Reply #8 on: 29 January 2011, 23:30:18 »
I guess my favorite Drac character is Uncle Chandy, because he's such a clever old cheshire cat!

I don't really hate the Federated Suns, I actually like it quite a bit, but I'm going to give props to George Hasek anyway, just for being the only character from the Federated Suns since 3052 with a lick of sense about anything. 

greatsarcasmo

• Fabricator General
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Ordo Scriptorum
« Reply #9 on: 29 January 2011, 23:31:31 »
I don't hate any nation, but as a FedSunner, I'll go with the traditional enemies:
Dracs: Minobu Tetsuhara. No explanation needed.
CapCon: Justin Xiang. Just kidding, Sun Tzu. You can't trust him, but you gotta respect him.
Maker of big things.

ShockaTime

• Captain
« Reply #10 on: 30 January 2011, 00:22:00 »
Dracs: Yorinage Kurita, and elite ranked warhammer pilot. I need not say more.

Spirit Never Dies - Second Spirit Chasseurs - Clan Blood Spirit
Raven Alliance

Daishi411

• Captain
« Reply #11 on: 30 January 2011, 00:36:36 »
i don't really not like any faction in particular but if i had to choose on it would be the RotS, and i always thought mason dunne was pretty cool
"Warriors, not war machines, are the backbone of the Hell's Horses. While others worship the BattleMech as the ultimate weapon, the men and women of this Clan see even this awesome piece of technology as the tool it is. We have held to this philosophy since the days of our first Khan, who knew that the value of the common soldier far outstripped the brute force of the BattleMech. It is one reason our Clan possesses fewer mechs than most, and has led many to underestimate our fierceness and courage. Our survival against all challengers when others have fallen proves the folly of such arrogance, and testifies to the wisdom of our founders."
- saKhan Tanya Delaurel
Star Captain Logan Cobb-666th Assault War Cluster, Star Commander Octavian-The Thunder Heart Cluster

Lore

• Captain
  • The ONE and ONLY Doom.
« Reply #12 on: 30 January 2011, 01:25:09 »
I'm going to ignore the "from the faction you can't stand" portion of the thread's title... since I feel such distinctions do not apply to me because there aren't any factions in BT that I cannot stand.

But my favourite character, and I'll gladly proclaim for her, regardless of the raised eyebrows and curious virtual stares this will likely entail... is Kali Liao.
Wielder of the Dao of Sarnese Fiat. Member of the Capellan Holy Trinity. Holder of the 10 celestial point record in the "Little Black Book of Cappiedom." This community's ONLY truly devout Kali Liao-fan.

Batman

• Warrant Officer
  • You have the ability to instill great fear
« Reply #13 on: 30 January 2011, 02:26:02 »
Atomic Annie.

Oh, and...

Tor Miraborg.

Mystic

• Sergeant
  • AKA that RJ Thomas dude
« Reply #14 on: 30 January 2011, 02:44:09 »
Melvena Hazen. I hate her, she is Bat-schnit crazy, goes against everything clan, and is nothing more than another insane dictator with delusions of grandure. That being said, she is the character I LOVE to hate. She is the kind of villian I can't wait to see get what's coming, but not before reaking serious havoc.
"Close air support covers a multitude of sins" - Schlock Mercenary

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #15 on: 30 January 2011, 04:11:40 »
Hmm.  From factions I don't like?  Well, I suppose Ares Sung stands out.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Shirotora

• Corporal
« Reply #16 on: 30 January 2011, 04:32:04 »
This one is easy. Horse from the Jade Falcons. Though I loathe the Thurston novels I do like this character, especially when he and Joanna butt heads (and other body parts  ;) ).
Tae-I Kenjiro Amundsen
GHR-6X Grasshopper

RAE

• Sergeant
  • Capellan Confederation: Deadly Stylish
« Reply #17 on: 30 January 2011, 04:55:52 »
Well, I don't really dislike any factions in the Battletech universe and almost each and every one of them has a character that I like, so I'll name characters from the Free Worlds League and Federated Suns, the traditional enemies of my favourite Successor House (and I have to admit that I, actually, quite enjoy playing for and reading about both of them and consider myself a latent FWL\Regulan fan):

Jackson Davion and Titus Cameron-Johns.

Granted, the latter got much less screentime than the former, but I like how he started as a pacifistic prodigal son of the Cameron-Johns clan and turned into a ruthless nuke-tossing militaristic leader after a personal tragedy shattered his family life.

As for Jackson, I admire his loyalty to the Suns and his illustrious service that remained so no matter who was at helm on New Avalon.

"Everything falls if it gets hit hard enough. I'll just have to make sure it don't get up again"
- Marcus Barton, Colonel, 2nd MAC

Batman

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #18 on: 30 January 2011, 05:07:16 »
Oh yeah, and Captain Gray Stevens and Michael Hasek...

Neufeld

• Captain
  • Raven, Lyran, Horse, Capellan, Canopian, Bear
« Reply #19 on: 30 January 2011, 07:17:03 »
Rafe Kardaan - can't stand religious factions, but despite that he nearly sold me the Cobras.

"Real men and women do not need Terra"
-- Grendel Roberts
"
We will be used to subdue the Capellan Confederation. We will be used to bring the Free Worlds League to heel. We will be used to
hunt bandits and support corrupt rulers and to reinforce the evils of the Inner Sphere that drove our ancestors from it so long ago."
-- Elias Crichell

Stormcrow

• Major
  • Art by Shimmering Sword
« Reply #20 on: 30 January 2011, 10:09:18 »
Tormano Liao without question.
Commandant Otto Maurus, ARWH-1Z ArcHammer, Maurus' Minutemen
Captain Obadiah Sykes, OSR-5FCR Ostroc, Second Filtvelt Citizens Militia

I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand. - Confucius
Noli Timure Messorem
May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies. - Voltaire
Wielder of the Ferro-Carbide Bat of DOOMâ„¢

False Son

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Kot Blini
« Reply #21 on: 30 January 2011, 11:57:29 »
FedSuns- Jackson Davion and Simon Gallagher for their parts in the Civil War

CapCon- Talon Zahn and the Greatwyrm (merc, but even he admited Hell's Black Aces were Cappies by the end).

Wolf's Dragoons- Elson Novacat Dechan Frazer
TOYNBEE IDEA
IN MOViE `2001
RESURRECT DEAD
ON PLANET JUPITER

Destroy what destroys you

Nibs

• Captain
« Reply #22 on: 30 January 2011, 13:45:25 »
Despite coming from the hated Steel Vipers, the former Khan Natalie Breen is a favourite from her small appearance in Falcon Rising.

I wouldn't say I like him, but I do feel bad for him (It's like whenever I watch sports; I always feel bad for the losing team, and kinda wish that they could win, even if I'm cheering for their opponent). Khan Asa Taney of Clan Ice Hellion is that person. I don't particularly like him, but I do feel bad. And his faction is unbearable, too.

Doug Glendower

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
  • I really am bad at letting go.
« Reply #23 on: 30 January 2011, 14:04:22 »
Minobu Tesuhara, Theodore Kurita, and Chandrasekar Kurita are all cool characters. I pity Aris Sung for having to serve with House Bad Pun.

E. Icaza

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #24 on: 30 January 2011, 22:07:34 »
I like Morgan Kell, but I hate the Kell Hounds.

I liked Jaime Wolf and Natasha Kerensky, but I hate both the Wolf's Dragoons and both Wolf Clans (most especially the WiE).
The Clans: the Star League the Inner Sphere deserves, not the one it needs.

Doug Glendower

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #25 on: 30 January 2011, 23:27:22 »
See, I'd like the Dragoons if it wasn't for Jaime Wolf.

Lord Cameron

• Patron Saint of GenCon Goodies
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #26 on: 31 January 2011, 02:33:19 »
I don't really hate the Federated Suns, I actually like it quite a bit, but I'm going to give props to George Hasek anyway, just for being the only character from the Federated Suns since 3052 with a lick of sense about anything.

Amen to that, I'll vote for George too.
Agent #395, West Coast CDT Lead

Mystic

• Sergeant
  • AKA that RJ Thomas dude
« Reply #27 on: 31 January 2011, 08:52:06 »
Minobu Tesuhara, Theodore Kurita, and Chandrasekar Kurita are all cool characters. I pity Aris Sung for having to serve with House Bad Pun.

I'll also give props to Tetsuhara-san. Top of the VERY short list of characters from the DCMS I can stomach. Actually, if more were like him, I would likely be a Drac myself.
"Close air support covers a multitude of sins" - Schlock Mercenary

Lore

• Captain
  • The ONE and ONLY Doom.
« Reply #28 on: 31 January 2011, 09:03:19 »
Amen to that, I'll vote for George too.

I've *wanted* to like Gorgeous George. But it's poor, maligned Michael Hasek-Davion that always gets my vote from the Hasek-clan.
Wielder of the Dao of Sarnese Fiat. Member of the Capellan Holy Trinity. Holder of the 10 celestial point record in the "Little Black Book of Cappiedom." This community's ONLY truly devout Kali Liao-fan.

RGCavScout

• Master Sergeant
  • We are the Brute Squad!
« Reply #29 on: 31 January 2011, 11:54:15 »
I don't hate the Cappies; but they are the opponents of the Federated Suns.

I have to give it up for Sun Tzu Liao.  He brought the Confederation back in a big way, always thought ahead, had backup and contingency plans, and has rarely missed an opportunity to exploit the weakness of an enemy and advance the cause of the Capellan State.  Even if you do not like him (especially  if you do not like him) you do have to respect him and all that he has accomplished. 

Xin Sheng like a mofo baby!!

"Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something."  Dread Pirate Roberts

Batman

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #30 on: 31 January 2011, 14:58:08 »
I've *wanted* to like Gorgeous George. But it's poor, maligned Michael Hasek-Davion that always gets my vote from the Hasek-clan.

Yeah! Michael Hasek!

HuronWarrior

• Sergeant
« Reply #31 on: 31 January 2011, 20:54:30 »
Not a faction I can't stand, but one I've never really gotten into. For the Lyrans, its definitely Archer Christifori.

If they'd kept his character, and maybe done with his Avengers what the AFFS did to form the Chisholm's Raiders... But they didn't.

Decoy

• Captain
« Reply #32 on: 31 January 2011, 20:59:30 »
Paul Vishio. Slow, plodding, methodical.  The closest thing in that book Jake Kabrinski had to an antagonist that wasn't a strawman.

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #33 on: 31 January 2011, 21:06:23 »
Nasty K. Becuse, well, hell, its Nasty K. Dragoon or Wolf, she's awesome, And probably damaged my adolescent years more than I care to admit.
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

Minemech

• Captain
« Reply #34 on: 31 January 2011, 21:08:14 »
 Katrina Steiner

Jaim Magnus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #35 on: 31 January 2011, 21:12:29 »
Nasty K. Becuse, well, hell, its Nasty K. Dragoon or Wolf, she's awesome, And probably damaged my adolescent years more than I care to admit.

Hehe.  Too much information.
BattleCorps - Righteous Fury, Sorrow of Eden, Lady of Steel, I Was Lost, Forsaken : Legacy - The Forgotten Places : Shrapnel - Scavenger's Blood : ELH Chronicles - View from the Ground : Shrapnel - It Ends in Fire, Picking the Bones

Doug Glendower

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #36 on: 01 February 2011, 00:41:18 »
Other than the original Tales artwork, never liked Natasha much.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #37 on: 01 February 2011, 00:43:43 »
Not a faction I can't stand, but one I've never really gotten into. For the Lyrans, its definitely Archer Christifori.

If they'd kept his character, and maybe done with his Avengers what the AFFS did to form the Chisholm's Raiders... But they didn't.

According to Masters & Minions, the Falcons sent a headhunter unit after him at the start of the Jihad.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

StCptMara

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Looking for new Adder skin boots
« Reply #38 on: 01 February 2011, 00:48:26 »
Absalom Truscott, first Khan of the Star Adders.....the guy was cool, just my kind of military commander. "This is happening...Execute
contingency Plan B, sub section 3, variation Epsilon." In other words, even when the plan went to heck....he had a plan for that!
"Victory or Debt!"- The Battlecry of Mercenaries everywhere

"Greetings, Mechwarrior! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against---Oops, wrong universe" - Unknown SLDF Recruiter

Reality and Battletech go hand in hand like a drug induced hallucination and engineering a fusion reactor ;-)

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #39 on: 01 February 2011, 04:36:12 »
Hehe.  Too much information.

Probably. But still the truth.
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

Rorke

• Captain
  • Absolute Shower
« Reply #40 on: 01 February 2011, 08:15:34 »
Aris Sung.  Single handedly made Capellans seem human, in the sense of fiction that is.  I'd never be that scathing about them hereabouts, i promise.
"you come at the king you best not miss" Omar Little

Top Sergeant

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major
  • Swamp Angels Mercenary Regiment
« Reply #41 on: 01 February 2011, 08:18:02 »
Mason! (Can't remember his last name).  ;D
We hear that there are tumults and riots in Rome, and that voices are raised concerning the army and the quality of our soldiers. Make haste to reassure us that you love and support us as we love and support you, for if we find that we have left our bones to bleach in these sands in vain, then beware the fury of the legions.

HuronWarrior

• Sergeant
« Reply #42 on: 01 February 2011, 09:56:42 »
According to Masters & Minions, the Falcons sent a headhunter unit after him at the start of the Jihad.
Which is interesting unto itself, since HB:HS and FM:U went out of their way to ignore that he existed and instead give all the credit for the '64 counterattack to Adam Steiner.
I think the writers were just looking for a way to quietly get rid of a Steiner character they felt wasn't Steiner enough. A brilliant general is axed, but we get to read in the Jihad about Duke Kelswa-Steiner leading LAAF troops (and still not executed for treason for some insane reason) and Colonel Hogarth ineptness.
Probably why I can't find a niche in the Steiner faction.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #43 on: 01 February 2011, 12:28:07 »
Remember, Archer was supposed to have been retired.  The only reason he bothered to get involved in the Civil War was because Kitty Davion pardoned the man who gunned down his sister as a political favor.  Remove either of those elements (his sister being killed or the murderer being pardoned) and he'd have probably stayed home.

Also, he did deliberately set up the resolution of Operation Audacity in a way for Adam Steiner to take the credit.

topcat

• Corporal
  • Blake save us from combined yawns... err, arms!
« Reply #44 on: 01 February 2011, 13:33:07 »
Every time I try to answer this, I realize that I kind of like the faction of the person I plan to write down.  If I pick a faction that I dislike, then I usually can't pick a character that I like from it.  My disliked factions tend to be heavily afflicted with blackhatitis (evil and incompetent) or whitehatitis (good and hypercompetent).  There's just not much middle ground to choose from, though factions occasionally switch hats now and then.

That said, I think I can come up with one.  I dislike Clan Wolf for several reasons, but like Vlad Ward.  He's Crusader & Clan to the core and he doesn't always win (indeed, he's often afflicted with blackhatitis), but he's competent more often than not.  He rebuilt his Clan and leads it well, despite the challenges of the setting.

Doug Glendower

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #45 on: 01 February 2011, 14:45:50 »
I find that I can't get behind the motivations of anyone named "Ward" in the CBT universe.

topcat

• Corporal
  • Blake save us from combined yawns... err, arms!
« Reply #46 on: 01 February 2011, 15:39:46 »
I find that I can't get behind the motivations of anyone named "Ward" in the CBT universe.

I wouldn't necessarily say I like Vlad's motivations - I'm not much of a fan of the Clans - but his character is interesting to me because he's a prominent character that isn't completely incompetent or an unabashed Mary Sue.  That's kind of a rarity in CBT.

If I ask you to tell me which character I'm talking about and give you the following clues: tradition-revering, politics-hating, tactical genius, reluctant but incredible warrior... it's probably easier to name characters that I'm not talking about than to pinpoint the one that I am.  It's almost like there's a checklist for CBT protagonists.  You could throw in "whiskey-loving" and hardly make a dent in the list.  Vlad stands out, to me anyway, because he doesn't adhere to that mold.

Doug Glendower

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #47 on: 01 February 2011, 16:19:07 »
Different isn't always good. I like to feel a connection to the character other than "Onward for glory", so I need to know where they're coming from. It's why I like Peter Davion a lot more than Vic, because I can understand the sibling shadow effect, doing something really, really stupid, and wanting to atone for it.

But yeah, there are a lot of Boy Scouts in the universe. And I'm glad I should never have to hear from Paul Masters again...

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #48 on: 01 February 2011, 16:25:02 »
Yeah, he really took the cake as far as one dimensional characters went.

Nibs

• Captain
« Reply #49 on: 01 February 2011, 17:37:10 »
But yeah, there are a lot of Boy Scouts in the universe. And I'm glad I should never have to hear from Paul Masters again...

*shudders*

He was not an agreeable character. Did he perish on Atreus with the rest of his merry little band? If not...  [tickedoff]

Doug Glendower

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #50 on: 01 February 2011, 18:12:16 »
Rod Trane was better. And he was in STAR LORD.

Nibs

• Captain
« Reply #51 on: 01 February 2011, 19:38:26 »
Never read it. And the boards seem to advise not to.

Lore

• Captain
  • The ONE and ONLY Doom.
« Reply #52 on: 01 February 2011, 19:48:33 »
I think all BT novels are worth reading at least once. You're entitled to forge your own opinions about novels that are commonly regarded as wastes of time.

I've found myself enjoying some BT books that would otherwise meet with much derision here.

Nibs

• Captain
« Reply #53 on: 01 February 2011, 19:53:46 »
True enough. I've wanted to try reading all of the novels, but they're hard to get my hands on. Damn slippery hands.

Jaim Magnus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #54 on: 01 February 2011, 19:56:49 »
True enough. I've wanted to try reading all of the novels, but they're hard to get my hands on. Damn slippery hands.

You just need something sticky on your hands... wait, that came out wrong.

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
  • Designated Snack Officer of the Diamond Khanate
« Reply #55 on: 01 February 2011, 21:18:51 »
Never read it. And the boards seem to advise not to.

I LOVE Star Lord.

I mean, it's terrible, there are many hilarious errors in editing, the plot barely makes sense when you really get right down to it, but at the same time, I LOVE it!
I'm not sure how long you've been around on the forums, though you have a thousand posts. Never take anything JKlantern says seriously unless it's about food.

Peacemaker

• Lieutenant
  • Highest MUP Quotient on the forums.
« Reply #56 on: 01 February 2011, 21:21:07 »
Someone should find every reference to Star Lord in other publications and rewrite that horrid little novel so that it doesn't suck but still stays in step with the rest of BattleTech canon.

KolonelK

• Private
« Reply #57 on: 02 February 2011, 00:42:44 »
Marik: Fake Tom Halas
Fedsuns: Whoever died the messiest death  ;D

False Son

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Kot Blini
« Reply #58 on: 02 February 2011, 00:51:06 »
*shudders*

He was not an agreeable character. Did he perish on Atreus with the rest of his merry little band? If not...  [tickedoff]

He's still in the homeworlds, last I heard.
TOYNBEE IDEA
IN MOViE `2001
RESURRECT DEAD
ON PLANET JUPITER

Hellraiser

• Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
« Reply #59 on: 02 February 2011, 01:03:03 »
Lets see....Favorite Character from the "Bad Guys" factions,  IE,  anyone I'm fighting.

Marik:  Kristen Marik,  I mean,  she said F-it, I'm not down w/ being Royalty and went off and became a Merc.... gotta love it.

Liao:  I gotta go w/ Candace,  I mean she proposes to Kell just to keep him at a debate table,  now THAT is focus.

FRR:  Ragnar,  he started out a weak little kid and turns into this grizzly looking G-Bear Star Colonel.

Combine:  Michi Noketsuna....... This guy was the "aide" to the star of the show in the 4th SW novels, but really turned out to be a solid character IMHO and certainly had one hell of a career.

Jade Falcons:  Aiden is the obvious choice here, so Instead, I'm going to say Horse.

Smoke Jaguars:  Trent, because it sucks being a "traitor" but sometimes you just have to say...... ISNT THERE SOMETHING WRONG WITH THIS SYSTEM, when the system promotes backstabbing politics & sociopathic slaughtering of innocents.

3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

WarMonkey

• Master Sergeant
  • Beware the might of the Falcon, freebirths!
« Reply #60 on: 06 February 2011, 19:06:09 »
I don't really hate any factions, but if I had to choose one I would pick Clan Wolf/Wolf-in-Exile. My favorite Clan Wolf character would probably be Vlad Ward for being completely dedicated to his Clan. Not that other characters are not dedicated, he is just my favorite. As for Wolf-in-Exile, Evantha Fetladral for being a bad-ass Elemental chick with a sense of humor. [rockon]
Winning......it beats losing!

Aidan Pryde is my hero!

Rationalinsanity

• Recruit
« Reply #61 on: 08 February 2011, 13:54:00 »
Theodore Kurita: I don't exactly hate the Combine but he improved my perception of it greatly. Pity Hohiro couldn't keep all his reforms intact.

Reaver

• Warrant Officer
  • 10 XP from 2nd level commoner
« Reply #62 on: 08 February 2011, 19:27:05 »
Shin Yodama.  As hypercompetent sidekicks go, he's actually pretty well-rounded.
The Federated Suns.  Exporting freedom, whether we have it or not, whether you want it or not.
--Pyro

Traecer Revenant

• Master Sergeant
  • Speak softly & Carry a Large Gauss Rifle
« Reply #63 on: 08 February 2011, 19:43:34 »
As for Wolf-in-Exile, Evantha Fetladral for being a bad-ass Elemental chick with a sense of humor. [rockon]
O0 Ditto for Evantha.  Wish she had more novel time.  We do know (well, at least, it's implied) one of her offspring becomes Wolf-in-Exile Khan.

Kit deSummersville

• Precentor of Lies
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • The epicness continues!
    • Insights and Complaints on Twitter
« Reply #64 on: 08 February 2011, 20:20:13 »
I know Wolf Lancer 4 doesn't like the Jade Falcons, but I think he loves Quinn Kerensky.

:D
Looking for an official answer? Check the Catalyst Interaction Forums.

Freelancer for hire, not an official CGL or IMR representative.

Everyone else's job is easy, so tell them how to do it, everyone loves that!

Millard Fillmore's favorite BattleTech writer.

Darth Nichos

• Lieutenant
« Reply #65 on: 08 February 2011, 20:24:21 »
Katrina-Steiner Davion and Alaric Wolf
To End is to Begin; therefore there are no Endings, only Beginnings

Peace without Liberty is Oppression with Clothing

Fear Factory

• Major
  • Designing the Enemy
« Reply #66 on: 09 February 2011, 03:32:52 »
Ciro Ramirez  ;D
The conflict is pure - The truth devised - The future secured - The enemy designed
Maj. Isaac "Litany" Van Houten, Lone Wolves, The Former 66th "Litany Against Fear" Company

VF1LAM

• Major
  • Fifth Crucis Lancers
« Reply #67 on: 11 February 2011, 06:36:39 »
Periphery = any of the O'Reilly clan from the Marian Hegemony.  [They remind me of a certain commentator... #P]
Federated Commonwealth -- One more MechAssault if you want to be free!

OverKill

• Lieutenant
  • Marauder MAD-3D "Guan-Yu"
« Reply #68 on: 11 February 2011, 12:36:41 »
From the Blood of Kerensky series... That little bugger Sun-Tzu from Laio-land! That's the bad guy I love to hate!

I really wish someone would have let Kai whoop up on him during their outreach training a lot more than he actually did or at least let Victor pop him one for all his mouthy BS.
Colonel Mason Grimm
Grimm Reaper Company (Grimm's Reapers)
Piloting: Marauder MAD-3D - Guan-Yu
We are the things you see out of the corner of your eye!

False Son

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Kot Blini
TOYNBEE IDEA
IN MOViE `2001
RESURRECT DEAD
ON PLANET JUPITER

FedSunsBorn

• Captain
« Reply #70 on: 11 February 2011, 21:01:36 »
Kuan Yin Allard-Liao since she was always about but never seen. I remember first reading about her in the Blood of Kerensky series and yes, she did not say much(or anything if I recall) but she did "calm down" the Crazy Kali during one particular scene. Also, she didn't cry about not being as good a mechwarrior as Kai (like Cassandra) or having a bigger role in government. She simply did what needed to be done when it needed doing and often times with perfect results. And...now... she is part of the bloody CapCon. (Yet another reason why I can't stand them since I always thought that the Allard-Liao's deserved a better fate then what most of them got.)
Made by HikageMaru

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #71 on: 11 February 2011, 23:37:24 »
I found it rather incomprehensible that all the Allard-Laios apparently stayed on St Ives to allow themselves to be taken prisoner by Sun-Tsu and be used as leverage against Kai rather than flee to Arc Royal or some other friendly territory.

JPArbiter

• Captain
  • Podcasting Monkey
    • Arbitration Studios, your last word in battletech talk
« Reply #72 on: 12 February 2011, 01:05:28 »
Liao: Danai Liao Centrella of the dark age timeline is an interesting and well rounded character. the novel that was pretty much her story of recovery from being sexually assaulted was one of the best Battletech books yet.
Host of Arbitration, your last word in Battletech Talk

Guardsman

• Captain
  • Sang-wei Christopher Vose
« Reply #73 on: 12 February 2011, 05:59:13 »
Terran Hegemony: Aleksandr Kerensky - One cannot help but admire the man who conquered my beloved Rim Worlds Republic, the hated Terran Hegemony, and when he had the power to take over the Inner Sphere, he went on walkabout? WTH. Whether you agree with him or not, he had two, very large, cast iron balls.
Dan "Albatross" Schulz
(
1979 - 8 November 2009)
You won't be forgotten,
You will live on forever,
So long as the internet exists,
We shall remember you, Albatross.
1st Chesterton Guards
Regiment/Veteran/Fanatical
100% Strength | 100% Upgraded

foxbat

• Tunnel Rat
  • Global Moderator
  • Captain
    • classicbattletech.fr
« Reply #74 on: 12 February 2011, 07:29:52 »
Well, not being able to stand a faction is kind of an exaggeration eh eh...

But I'll go with the Suns' traditional enemies nonetheless :

Liao : Aris Sung. Humane and tough, and a fairly well written character. Candace too, though as she did some stints for the Suns, I feel she hardly qualifies  ;D

Kurita : Minobu Tetsuhara. 'nuff said... just reminds me I need to paint Katana Kat now I have laid my hands on a good old original sculpt Panther  ;)
Hanse Davion is my shepherd.
We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender! Winston Churchill, June 1940

Kamata Bodhisattva

« Reply #75 on: 17 February 2011, 10:41:25 »
This is an interesting thread...

Obviously the faction I hate most of all is the Fed-Suns.  But there's almost no one I like from it.  I suppose if one counts Kai Allard-Liao as one of them because he's joined at the hip with Lil' Victor, then Kai is my fav.  Otherwise I'll have to vote for Morgan, as he was the least offensive of a long line of utterly unlikable Federats.

Second faction of dislike is the Clans, so I'll toss my fav up as being a tie between Trent and Joanna.  I rooted for them whenever I read their stories.  Even if I can't stand the Clanners, they each had style.