Author Topic: Tamar Rising.  (Read 2724 times)

Deathrider6

• General Counsel Ngo Industries
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Lieutenant
  • Go ahead, try and run.
Tamar Rising.
« on: 01 July 2022, 00:41:10 »
  I just got this sourcebook today and am pleased with how nice it looks. I have only given it a brief skim but it looks promising. I will have more thoughts as I dig deeper into the book. Anyone else have thoughts?
"You're either with me, or you hate freedom and kittens. " - consequences on VSD and a draw result of the Great Refusal.

makulator

• Corporal
Re: Tamar Rising.
« Reply #1 on: 05 July 2022, 06:40:43 »
I liked Tamar Rising which is a really well made sourcebook. I would suggest to read the novels "a rock and a hard place" and "Elements of treason" first and then study the sourcebook.
Mors Tua Vita Mea

Orwell84

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: 05 July 2022, 15:51:53 »
I very much liked Tamar Rising as well. IMHO the narrative, factions and characters in the book itself are engaging in their own right plus it sets the stage for an interesting future in the region, and the artwork is very good.

It gives me high hopes for Empire Alone and Dominions Divided.

I liked Tamar Rising which is a really well made sourcebook. I would suggest to read the novels "a rock and a hard place" and "Elements of treason" first and then study the sourcebook.

Agreed. Although “A Rock and a Hard Place” is actually set a century earlier during the 4SW, how does that tie into this? Or did you mean “No Substitute for Victory”?

The two GDL novellas “The Price of Duty” and “Mercenary’s Honor” are also set during this period but can be read before or after TR either way.
All Clan totems are equal but some are more equal than others.

"The Succession Wars solved no problem. Their effects, both immediate and indirect, were either negative or disastrous. Morally subversive, economically destructive, socially degrading, confused in their causes, devious in their course, futile in their results, they are the outstanding example in Spheroid history of meaningless conflict."
The Third Star League's view of the Succession Wars, plagiarised from an ancient Terran historian's judgement of the Thirty Years War.

makulator

• Corporal
« Reply #3 on: 09 July 2022, 15:29:16 »
Yes i listed the wrong title
Mors Tua Vita Mea

Deathrider6

• General Counsel Ngo Industries
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Lieutenant
  • Go ahead, try and run.
« Reply #4 on: 09 July 2022, 22:07:49 »
Bonus points for the Map. I really hope they do more of those. Having a decent star map with distances and some planet fluff is great. My campaign has been a "home brew AU" for decades so what will end up happening is I will use what I want/need for non demo/private events and use the source as is for demos.
"You're either with me, or you hate freedom and kittens. " - consequences on VSD and a draw result of the Great Refusal.

makulator

• Corporal
« Reply #5 on: 11 July 2022, 09:14:53 »
There is really a wealth of info in it which can be used in a campaign. To me it seems to be dangerous not to overwhelm the campaign with to much details. sometimes games tend to bog down due to too much micromanagment
Mors Tua Vita Mea