Author Topic: The Rasalhague Dominion: Friend of a Friend (but not your Friend)  (Read 200248 times)

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
Re: The Rasalhague Dominion: Friend of a Friend (but not your Friend)
« Reply #1320 on: 29 October 2020, 09:32:30 »
It was on the day star captain Rutger got his star of hueys that he finally understood what it ment to let your inner liao free.

At some or another I’ll have to field some salvage from to local Hell Horses in the form of Athena’s, Mars’s, and Huey’s. That way I’ll have two Vehicle Stars so my other fast Elemental Carrier Hovertank’s have some friends.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #1321 on: 29 October 2020, 11:15:40 »
Two Points of Epona, one of Hep, and one each of Mars and Huey. Awesome sauce downwind! BA and Fast Recon for taste. Don't forget the fun, some Jump Infantry!

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #1322 on: 29 October 2020, 12:43:02 »
At some or another I’ll have to field some salvage from to local Hell Horses in the form of Athena’s, Mars’s, and Huey’s. That way I’ll have two Vehicle Stars so my other fast Elemental Carrier Hovertank’s have some friends.

i was running a 3145 campaign where clan wolf was the opfor. there was a mission where they had to hit a supply depot that was "only" being guarded by a vehicle star... of four oros, four athenas and a pair of hachiman. always do recon, kids!

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1323 on: 29 October 2020, 13:05:40 »
Yikes!

Sandpaper armor much?

I've had to run a Dragoon unit once, 4 Bandit A's and 8 Squads of Standard IS BA! Yeah... OpFor hated that!

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #1324 on: 29 October 2020, 15:46:10 »
I have Four Epona’s, Two Svantovit’s, Two Tyr’s, and Two SM1’s for my first Star (SM1’s and Tyr’s forthcoming lol) Don’t need any Jump Infantry because like I said I’ve got nearly a Cluster of Elementals lol. Plus Recon’s gonna be covered by my two Recon Nova’s of combined Fire Moths and Vipers.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1325 on: 29 October 2020, 16:02:52 »
Jump and Fast Recon allows for defense pins to be set up. Like in, I have broken into Squads and now force you to consider your movement.

BA kinda don't do that... Squads of PBI vs a single battle armor point... who should win? Mostly BA, but it's a numbers game, so anyone can... as long as you hit!

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

Jellico

• Spatium Magister
  • Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • BattleMechs are the lords of the battlefield
« Reply #1326 on: 29 October 2020, 23:40:25 »
Glances at my 4 Hueys, 6 Donars, 10 Golems, and 15 Kobolds... Guess the variants  >:D

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #1327 on: 30 October 2020, 02:09:35 »
*Cackles at the thought of Kobold iic's* Unleash the swarm!!!
 Golem support variant?
« Last Edit: 30 October 2020, 05:47:12 by Foxx Ital »
Clan Ghost Bear:  We may not like you, but you're not bothering us, so you may exist.
 If your BA tactics can't be described as shenanigans, you're probably doing it wrong. ^-^ -Weirdo
 <Kojak> Yeah, there's definitely a learning curve with BA, But once you learn how to use 'em well they're addictive,heck, just look at what happened to Foxx ;-)
<Steve_Restless> its YOU who I shouldn't underestimate. I could give you a broom handle and I'd find you sitting on top of the enemy stormcrow, smug surat grin on your face

Jellico

• Spatium Magister
  • Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #1328 on: 30 October 2020, 04:33:13 »
(HAG), (TAG), (Support), and IIC. Hueys need their eyes to see.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1329 on: 30 October 2020, 11:09:33 »
Hope two of those Donars are BA variants. Hate to see you wasting possible transport options. I wonder why there's. Our Boomerang-C.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

Jellico

• Spatium Magister
  • Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #1330 on: 30 October 2020, 14:32:32 »
https://www.sarna.net/wiki/Donar

https://www.sarna.net/wiki/Anhur

BA variant?

Golems can keep up with Hueys on foot. Kobold IICs can keep up with heavy Mechs.

Ol' Kael Pershaw tooled around Tukayyid in some kind of recon aircraft so something like a Boomerang must exist.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1331 on: 30 October 2020, 14:53:25 »
Cargo netting = BA variant.

But any Mag Clamped BA can be used.

And I'm pretty sure that or an Recon light aero.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
« Reply #1332 on: 31 October 2020, 17:18:43 »
My only real frustration with the current fiction is that I don't understand why some factions are doing nothing...

Like, we've discussed on the Clan Sea Fox channel that becoming Ilclan puts a target on your back and that we'd rather just support/suffocate the victor. But it would also be nice to be able to kick some teeth in as a Clan Sea Fox player...

But I kind of feel worse for the Bears. I can at least sort of kick Regulan Teeth in after Shattered Fortress... but the Ghost Bears are doing nothing.

They got some good Jihad material and two dominion wars so I guess they've got stuff to do. But it just feels odd that they are as strong as they are and not involved.

(It doesn't feel odd when Snow Ravens do nothing though.)
Every man lives by exchanging - Adam Smith

CJC070

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1333 on: 31 October 2020, 17:30:50 »
My only real frustration with the current fiction is that I don't understand why some factions are doing nothing...

Like, we've discussed on the Clan Sea Fox channel that becoming Ilclan puts a target on your back and that we'd rather just support/suffocate the victor. But it would also be nice to be able to kick some teeth in as a Clan Sea Fox player...

But I kind of feel worse for the Bears. I can at least sort of kick Regulan Teeth in after Shattered Fortress... but the Ghost Bears are doing nothing.

They got some good Jihad material and two dominion wars so I guess they've got stuff to do. But it just feels odd that they are as strong as they are and not involved.

I think it has more to do with the internal threats (eg Freeminders) that are distracting the Bears not to mention absorbing the Vegan Protectorate (who knows how big it was).  Not to mention unlike the Wolves and the Falcons they seem to have a more vested interest in keeping their territory. 
Right now the writers are concentrating on the core when they are done hopefully we will hear more about the other clans because like you I want to know what is going on in that corner of the galaxy.

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
« Reply #1334 on: 31 October 2020, 17:38:58 »
there was a podcast awhile back where they were talking about how players will be busy for years with all the fighting that happens after Ilclan. Children of Kerensky also kind of hints at a lot of fighting to be done.
Every man lives by exchanging - Adam Smith

Rainbow 6

• Captain
« Reply #1335 on: 01 November 2020, 08:52:14 »

It would be good to see us doing something though, even if its just sparing with the Suns and Snakes.

Zeruel

• Lieutenant
  • the Angel of Might
    • Z's DeviantArt gallery
« Reply #1336 on: 02 November 2020, 16:45:21 »
Anyone who got the kickstarter (ghost bear) dice, any issues so far? I'll be checking mine in an hour or so when I get home
"I'll give the Bears this... they do not care about "being clan" one bit, and they own it." - cold1

"Question: Under zellbrigen, how does one engage Shadow Divisions?
Answer: With orbital bombardment."

73rd Battle Cluster - The Lash

Kerfuffin(925)

• Major
« Reply #1337 on: 02 November 2020, 16:46:32 »
Anyone who got the kickstarter (ghost bear) dice, any issues so far? I'll be checking mine in an hour or so when I get home

One of my dice is slightly smaller and more rounded than another. But the emblem and pips all look good.
NCKestrel’s new favorite.

Zeruel

• Lieutenant
  • the Angel of Might
    • Z's DeviantArt gallery
« Reply #1338 on: 02 November 2020, 17:40:41 »
hmm, one of mine is slightly smaller than the other, and the faction symbols are slightly off-centre on both, but otherwise everything looks fine
"I'll give the Bears this... they do not care about "being clan" one bit, and they own it." - cold1

"Question: Under zellbrigen, how does one engage Shadow Divisions?
Answer: With orbital bombardment."

73rd Battle Cluster - The Lash

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #1339 on: 02 November 2020, 23:01:10 »
To me the dice seem fine: I haven’t rolled them in combat but my Assault Star is due to fight some Inner Sphere Mercenaries later this week so I’ll see.

Regarding the IlClan... honestly I’d rather sleep thru the next couple of years in game. Let the Wolves and the Falcons tear sort each other and the Republic. With any luck Malvina will die, Alaric or Stone will fight off the Cappies, Julian and Trillian will stabilize their realms, and Marko will finish its expansion/ convergence. Meanwhile we Bears are sitting fine in our good old Dominion living in peace with our absorbed brethren. No one needs to poke the Bear... why would anyone really want to at this stage of the game? And if they do... well it’s good to friends with the Ravens and our local Sea Fox enclaves ... and remember what happened to the Wobblies, Dracs, and Nova Cats that wanted to prod us a bit.

Anyways... back to sleeping ;)

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #1340 on: 04 November 2020, 20:36:11 »
So after tallying my KS rewards (for Wave One and Wave Two) I will own the following Clan Units

A Clan Command Nova (Five OmniMechs, 25x Rogue Bear’s)

Two Supernova Trinaries (Fifteen OmniMechs, 75x Elementals each)

Two OmniMech Trinaries

One Mixed Mech Trinary

One Mixed Trinary (Five OmniMechs, Five Regular Clan Mechs, One Vehicle Nova (Ten Vehicles, 25x Undine))

And One Elemental Trinary.....

I’ve got a Trinary coming from Wave Two, and I provable have another Star or two of Inner Sphere Mechs that I could use to add on (including a Rifleman IIC and four UrbanMechs). But currently evenly divided into two Clusters with a Command Star in the First and the extra Elemental Trinary in the Second.

Turns out I have acquired as part of my unit six Timber Wolves, Novas, Executioners, and Mad Dogs; Five Fire Moths and Vipers; and Four Kodiak’s. Intentionally or unintentionally I have no clue lol

Kerfuffin(925)

• Major
« Reply #1341 on: 07 November 2020, 01:09:11 »
So once again nothing for us in the Rec Guide. Even all the nobody clans have had more than us. This might be the end of our wonderful Dominion.
NCKestrel’s new favorite.

Jellico

• Spatium Magister
  • Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #1342 on: 07 November 2020, 03:07:41 »
May I suggest starting a list. Note the builder and who has access. Eg the CSF built Thresher II is mostly used by CW. Keep an eye on variants as they can be sneaky.

May I suggest starting a new thread. Commiserating others success is a game all Clans can play.

Finally, if nothing else, TRO3050 has the Executioner in it and we know we build those.

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #1343 on: 07 November 2020, 03:53:55 »
Besides we are clan ghost bear. Nice mech factory you got there.....be a shame if something happened to it,quiaff?
Clan Ghost Bear:  We may not like you, but you're not bothering us, so you may exist.
 If your BA tactics can't be described as shenanigans, you're probably doing it wrong. ^-^ -Weirdo
 <Kojak> Yeah, there's definitely a learning curve with BA, But once you learn how to use 'em well they're addictive,heck, just look at what happened to Foxx ;-)
<Steve_Restless> its YOU who I shouldn't underestimate. I could give you a broom handle and I'd find you sitting on top of the enemy stormcrow, smug surat grin on your face

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1344 on: 07 November 2020, 11:51:38 »
You can have our sloppy leftovers you mangy cub!

- MW Pi, CHH

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

Natasha Kerensky

• Major
  • Queen of Spades, First Lady of Death, Black Widow
« Reply #1345 on: 07 November 2020, 12:44:28 »
So once again nothing for us in the Rec Guide. Even all the nobody clans have had more than us. This might be the end of our wonderful Dominion.

When the MUL settles, the Bears will probably have access to the Warcrow, given their relations with the Ravens, and whatever designs the Foxes are trading in RG7.
"Ah, yes.  The belle dame sans merci.  The sweet young thing who will blast your nuts off.  The kitten with a whip.  That mystique?"
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."
"Variety is the spice of battle."
"I've fought in... what... a hundred battles, a thousand battles?  It could be a million as far as I know.  I've fought for anybody who offered a decent contract and a couple who didn't.  And the universe is not much different after all that.  I could go on fighting for another hundred years and it would still look the same."
"I'm in mourning for my life."
"Those who break faith with the Unity shall go down into darkness."

wantec

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #1346 on: 07 November 2020, 14:26:43 »
There's a couple of things to consider. First off, there's 22 Rec Guide volumes, and at 7 we're only 1/3rd of the way through the list. There's plenty of room left for new Bear 'Mechs. Also, take a look through TRO 3050 and you can see which Omnis are likely to be Bear Omnis. On a potentially related note, I enjoyed making some of the Omni configs for the Fire Moth, whenever that shows up.
BEN ROME YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTARD, I READ YOUR BOOK!

Rainbow 6

• Captain
« Reply #1347 on: 07 November 2020, 15:56:54 »

Well you are certain to be getting the Stormcrow from us and probably the War Crow and i will be very surprised if we are both not getting the Incubus and Warhammer C 3 from our mutual friends the Sea Foxes.

Jellico

• Spatium Magister
  • Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #1348 on: 07 November 2020, 16:29:23 »
On a potentially related note, I enjoyed making some of the Omni configs for the Fire Moth, whenever that shows up.
Both the Firemoth factories got Wobbied. So I guess I am saying the Firemoth doesn't have to show up in the Dominion. Or am I?  :D

Guardian11

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #1349 on: 07 November 2020, 19:00:02 »
It maybe that TPTB wanted to release Children of Kerensky before they debuted any brand new Ghost Bear Mechs, so that there would be extra context when they mention Mechs designed by The Warbear. Also, none of the Ghost Bear classics have been featured, yet. Once the Mad Dog, Executioner, Viper, and Fire Moth show up the Ghost Bears will likely be 4th among the Clans featured in the RecGuides, after the Wolves, Falcons, and Sea Foxes. Also, the Recguides, even if they haven't featured any new GB Mechs or configs, have made it clear that the Dominion is still building Mechs, and buying Mechs from the Foxes and Ravens.

Register