Author Topic: The Rasalhague Dominion: Friend of a Friend (but not your Friend)  (Read 199229 times)

Rtifs

• Warrant Officer
Re: The Rasalhague Dominion: Friend of a Friend (but not your Friend)
« Reply #720 on: 06 June 2016, 14:53:28 »
oh i totally think it has something to do with ilclan. WoR showed it ain't no party like a leviathan party!

It's there so the IS Clans have a big ship to go up against the new Leviathan Prime the HW Clans are bringing...

Jellico

• Spatium Magister
  • Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • BattleMechs are the lords of the battlefield
« Reply #721 on: 06 June 2016, 21:04:38 »
Besides the Leviathan II that they already have?

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #722 on: 23 June 2016, 11:45:35 »
Well its that time if the year again. Little bit older and closer to being solemah. What forces should i fight? Which clan do you trothkin think deserves birthday spankings!?
Clan Ghost Bear:  We may not like you, but you're not bothering us, so you may exist.
 If your BA tactics can't be described as shenanigans, you're probably doing it wrong. ^-^ -Weirdo
 <Kojak> Yeah, there's definitely a learning curve with BA, But once you learn how to use 'em well they're addictive,heck, just look at what happened to Foxx ;-)
<Steve_Restless> its YOU who I shouldn't underestimate. I could give you a broom handle and I'd find you sitting on top of the enemy stormcrow, smug surat grin on your face

ArcaneRaven

• Lieutenant
« Reply #723 on: 23 June 2016, 11:52:37 »
Happy Birthday and best wishes, Foxx!  :)

Go, pull some jade-green feathers. You can't go wrong with smashing Malvina's theeth.   >:/! O0

Btw, you're far to young to be solahma.  [rockon]

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #724 on: 23 June 2016, 16:52:02 »
The poor turkeys are getting plucked. The karhu showed the falcon heavy that this is no zaku boy, no zaku!! The G config was made to backshot with zero keresnkys given.
Clan Ghost Bear:  We may not like you, but you're not bothering us, so you may exist.
 If your BA tactics can't be described as shenanigans, you're probably doing it wrong. ^-^ -Weirdo
 <Kojak> Yeah, there's definitely a learning curve with BA, But once you learn how to use 'em well they're addictive,heck, just look at what happened to Foxx ;-)
<Steve_Restless> its YOU who I shouldn't underestimate. I could give you a broom handle and I'd find you sitting on top of the enemy stormcrow, smug surat grin on your face

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #725 on: 28 June 2016, 19:25:07 »
Delayed but happy birthday trothkin!  Mine is this Friday am unfortunetly I could not convince my group to switch from Dugeons and Dragons to Battletech this year, but soon I will have them stomping in Atlases and Banshees before they get smashed by Bear forces :)

As far as fights go, Third Dominion War scenario with our brand new Leviathan to avenge the Ursa Major with a bit of flare?

Join with the Horses to smash some Falcons and stop the madwoman Malvina?

Smash some Homeworld forces that come invading ?

Sit around and make sure we don't implode by using police Clusters and Rasalhague Clusters against insurgents?

Elect an IlKhan by taking Terra....

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #726 on: 12 July 2016, 17:09:50 »
So My fellow bears... I've finally convinced some of my friends to play Battletech and they chose Alpha Strike after playing a local demo at a con... Which makes me partially upset but hey can't win them all...

So which of my fellow Bears play AS and what are your favorite mechs to run?

Klat

• Captain
  • ここにキティキティ
« Reply #727 on: 12 July 2016, 17:35:10 »
So My fellow bears... I've finally convinced some of my friends to play Battletech and they chose Alpha Strike after playing a local demo at a con... Which makes me partially upset but hey can't win them all...

So which of my fellow Bears play AS and what are your favorite mechs to run?

While I don't play bears I've been on the receiving end of them a few times in AS.

Karhu Prime is a pain to kill and a pain to let live; a great "rabbit" unit that I've wasted plenty of shots trying to get rid of.

Kodiak II is a monster but also a huge point sink. Great against heavy units I counter them with speed swarms.
Light Assault Group - An Orwellian appelation applied by the Draconis Combine to troops haphazardly equipped with whatever expendable equipment was lying around the maintenance yard, for the purpose of throwing their lives away for the greater glory of the Dragon, see also Human Bombs.

Diamondshark

• Lieutenant
  • Bringing back the enlightenment to the Star League
« Reply #728 on: 12 July 2016, 21:00:46 »
Also, something to keep in mind is that the way the TW-AS paradigm changes means that some once-abysmal units are at least okay--you can now field the Ryoken II and accomplish slightly more than sticking the record sheet in a paper shredder.
"We are the Clans, the Star League incarnate.
None can stand against us and survive."

-- The Remembrance, Passage 272, Verse 8, Lines 18-19

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #729 on: 12 July 2016, 21:09:04 »
Once you get over your hate of the ryoken two, it can di some awesome things. I hear the firemoth is awesome in as. Dont forget about battle armor!!

Diamondshark

• Lieutenant
  • Bringing back the enlightenment to the Star League
« Reply #730 on: 12 July 2016, 21:24:37 »
Yeah, the Fire Moth is an unholy terror in Alpha Strike, and now it is dangerous enough to really be an effective transport/diversion for BA, since it will be potent enough to keep the enemy tied up while the BA it delivered get into position.
"We are the Clans, the Star League incarnate.
None can stand against us and survive."

-- The Remembrance, Passage 272, Verse 8, Lines 18-19

Klat

• Captain
  • ここにキティキティ
« Reply #731 on: 12 July 2016, 21:35:01 »
Dont forget about battle armor!!

Another plug for the Karhu; throw some BattleArmor on it and jump it behind your opponent. Falling for that motivated me to look into artillery.

Another one worth mentioning is the Bruin; for the cost of an AS7-D you get a fairly good 'Mech that can jump in behind your opponent like a Grasshopper on steroids.

EDIT: There's a theme here that I'm sure many have noticed. Because I play a speed swarm army units that can bypass terrain have a good chance of flanking me if I get overextended.
« Last Edit: 12 July 2016, 22:04:49 by Klat »
Light Assault Group - An Orwellian appelation applied by the Draconis Combine to troops haphazardly equipped with whatever expendable equipment was lying around the maintenance yard, for the purpose of throwing their lives away for the greater glory of the Dragon, see also Human Bombs.

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #732 on: 12 July 2016, 21:41:58 »
I also might have to build my OpFor as well against a Coyote or Wolf force. Going to try and convince them to run an all era game so I don't have to go too much into lore for them (which bites because I enjoy being Loremaster)

Karhu is one of my favorite mechs visually so I'll definetly consider that and of course I'm throwing in a Fire Moth or two with attached BA because what CGB force does not have Battle Taxis.

Was also considering a Hellstar because I want to be a bit mean to them but I didn't know how well it translated into AS. And then read/buy the AS rules lol

Klat

• Captain
  • ここにキティキティ
« Reply #733 on: 12 July 2016, 22:08:55 »
I also might have to build my OpFor as well against a Coyote or Wolf force. Going to try and convince them to run an all era game so I don't have to go too much into lore for them (which bites because I enjoy being Loremaster)

Karhu is one of my favorite mechs visually so I'll definetly consider that and of course I'm throwing in a Fire Moth or two with attached BA because what CGB force does not have Battle Taxis.

Was also considering a Hellstar because I want to be a bit mean to them but I didn't know how well it translated into AS. And then read/buy the AS rules lol

Hellstar is excellent in AS.

The Tyr is a great way to move BattleArmor.

EDIT: I got hugged by a Fire Moth H once; nasty little 'Mech
« Last Edit: 12 July 2016, 22:15:36 by Klat »

Jellico

• Spatium Magister
  • Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #734 on: 12 July 2016, 22:53:23 »
Remember that you want this guy to play the game again.

Keep it simple. Nothing that can pointlessly drag out a fame like a Karhu Prime or Viking IIC.
Mad Dogs are good as the firepower will offer a scare while the armour is easy to crack.

Klat

• Captain
  • ここにキティキティ
« Reply #735 on: 12 July 2016, 23:14:24 »
Remember that you want this guy to play the game again.

Keep it simple. Nothing that can pointlessly drag out a fame like a Karhu Prime or Viking IIC.
Mad Dogs are good as the firepower will offer a scare while the armour is easy to crack.

This is sound advice. My group has been playing AS for a while now so very few units frighten us.

I'm actually going to try to push a 3025 escalation league at my FLGS sometime in the near future in the hopes of bringing in new players. While I understand that your group is probably interested in the new toys the Rasalhague Regulars look like a lot of fun and that era may be a good way to introduce them to AS.

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #736 on: 13 July 2016, 09:54:39 »
My group of friends rotates thru things pretty quickly so I don't know how long this Battletech craze for them will last. That being said..

I was considering a Mad Dog III for fire support or a Viking II, and definetly a Tyr for vehicle support, maybe with an Epona as well. I have to see how large of a force we want to play with.

If I can convince him a Trinary that would be awesome: running a Command Star, Support Star, and Harassment Star. If it's just a Star then most likely A mech Lance and BA Point.

Iron Wolf

• Corporal
« Reply #737 on: 22 August 2016, 00:10:57 »
Does the Kodiak ever show up in front-line Ghost Bear units? I would imagine COs wouldn't object to their Clan's totem Mech.

David CGB

• Lieutenant
« Reply #738 on: 22 August 2016, 01:03:59 »
Does the Kodiak ever show up in front-line Ghost Bear units? I would imagine COs wouldn't object to their Clan's totem Mech.
would any commander not want the honor of such a mech in there unit, although in some groups it may not be the right speed, or for longer combat as its main weapon is a ultra ac 20.
Federated Suns fan forever, Ghost Bear Fan since 1992, and as a Ghost Bear David Bekker star captain (in an Alt TL Loremaster)

Maelwys

• Major
« Reply #739 on: 22 August 2016, 01:51:51 »
Considering few of the Ghost Bear's front line forces are 100% Omni after the Jihad, there's no reasons the various Kodiak variants couldn't show up in the front line forces.

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs
« Reply #740 on: 22 August 2016, 06:08:11 »
I'd expect Kodiak's to be rather common in Dominion clusters.
Ghost Bears: Cute and cuddly. Until you remember its a BLOODY BEAR!

Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs - https://thezhukovau.wordpress.com/

Jellico

• Spatium Magister
  • Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #741 on: 13 October 2016, 23:38:19 »
Poking the thread.

Build me a Ghost Bear Star for the year 2900. Any unit, type, or size.

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #742 on: 14 October 2016, 03:54:06 »
Kingfisher
Highlander IIC
Warhammer IIC
Guillotine IIC
Rifleman IIC

"Deep down, I suspect the eject handle on the Hunchback IIC was never actually connected to anything. The regs just say it has to be there."
- Klarg1

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #743 on: 14 October 2016, 18:22:54 »
Ryoken
Dragonfly
Dragonfly
Dasher
Dasher

Configure as needed, load up on Elementals
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

Jellico

• Spatium Magister
  • Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #744 on: 15 October 2016, 06:51:41 »
Ryoken
Dragonfly
Dragonfly
Dasher
Dasher

Configure as needed, load up on Elementals

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #745 on: 15 October 2016, 16:52:19 »

I misread the post as 2990 for some reason. That'll teach me.

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

Fear Factory

• Major
  • Designing the Enemy
« Reply #746 on: 20 November 2016, 12:31:12 »
Quick question:  Is the Stooping Hawk in use by Clan Ghost Bear during the invasion era?

EDIT:  I need the source too, if it is.
« Last Edit: 20 November 2016, 12:38:27 by Fear Factory »
The conflict is pure - The truth devised - The future secured - The enemy designed
Maj. Isaac "Litany" Van Houten, Lone Wolves, The Former 66th "Litany Against Fear" Company

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #747 on: 20 November 2016, 16:16:50 »
MUL says it is

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #748 on: 21 November 2016, 14:01:32 »
Away from my books but IIRC FM: Update has it as part of the RAT for 3067

Fear Factory

• Major
  • Designing the Enemy
« Reply #749 on: 21 November 2016, 14:51:46 »
I'm wondering if they were in use by the Bears before the truce.
« Last Edit: 21 November 2016, 16:08:41 by Fear Factory »
The conflict is pure - The truth devised - The future secured - The enemy designed
Maj. Isaac "Litany" Van Houten, Lone Wolves, The Former 66th "Litany Against Fear" Company

Register