Author Topic: The Rasalhague Dominion: Friend of a Friend (but not your Friend)  (Read 199231 times)

Kerfuffin(925)

• Major
Re: The Rasalhague Dominion: Friend of a Friend (but not your Friend)
« Reply #1350 on: 07 November 2020, 20:38:11 »
Both the Firemoth factories got Wobbied. So I guess I am saying the Firemoth doesn't have to show up in the Dominion. Or am I?  :D

A little nuclear fallout never stopped a real clan from sending workers in!

NCKestrel’s new favorite.

Zeruel

• Lieutenant
  • the Angel of Might
    • Z's DeviantArt gallery
« Reply #1351 on: 07 November 2020, 21:03:38 »
As much as I would love to see us rebuilding the Fire Moth lines, I think I'd rather just see something new
"I'll give the Bears this... they do not care about "being clan" one bit, and they own it." - cold1

"Question: Under zellbrigen, how does one engage Shadow Divisions?
Answer: With orbital bombardment."

73rd Battle Cluster - The Lash

Kerfuffin(925)

• Major
« Reply #1352 on: 07 November 2020, 21:06:48 »
As much as I would love to see us rebuilding the Fire Moth lines, I think I'd rather just see something new

Rebuild the factories and add more lines than before! It might stop my complaining for a while.  :D

wantec

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #1353 on: 07 November 2020, 22:53:48 »
The nature of the Kickstarter and supporting it means basically everything in the KS as a mini will be in production in some form. If it's got to go to someone, why not do both, get the Fire Moth and something new.
BEN ROME YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTARD, I READ YOUR BOOK!

Zeruel

• Lieutenant
  • the Angel of Might
    • Z's DeviantArt gallery
« Reply #1354 on: 07 November 2020, 23:43:54 »
The nature of the Kickstarter and supporting it means basically everything in the KS as a mini will be in production in some form. If it's got to go to someone, why not do both, get the Fire Moth and something new.
I don't dare to hope for both XD
"I'll give the Bears this... they do not care about "being clan" one bit, and they own it." - cold1

wantec

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #1355 on: 08 November 2020, 19:18:02 »
I don't dare to hope for both XD
Well I can't say for sure because I only know what I've written and I think only the stuff through Volume 10 or 11 has been assigned & written.

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #1356 on: 08 November 2020, 19:46:45 »
Gonna need some new battle armor to go with them fire moths. ;)
Clan Ghost Bear:  We may not like you, but you're not bothering us, so you may exist.
 If your BA tactics can't be described as shenanigans, you're probably doing it wrong. ^-^ -Weirdo
 <Kojak> Yeah, there's definitely a learning curve with BA, But once you learn how to use 'em well they're addictive,heck, just look at what happened to Foxx ;-)
<Steve_Restless> its YOU who I shouldn't underestimate. I could give you a broom handle and I'd find you sitting on top of the enemy stormcrow, smug surat grin on your face

wantec

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #1357 on: 09 November 2020, 07:49:47 »
Gonna need some new battle armor to go with them fire moths. ;)
Not necessarily with a few of the new configurations. But I do agree in general, and we have new BA mentioned in Children of Kerensky. The way I understand it the Rec Guides are going to be 'Mech-only, so where new BA would show up is something I just don't know.

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #1358 on: 09 November 2020, 13:02:09 »
Not necessarily with a few of the new configurations. But I do agree in general, and we have new BA mentioned in Children of Kerensky. The way I understand it the Rec Guides are going to be 'Mech-only, so where new BA would show up is something I just don't know.
I'm just throwing spaghetti at the wall for throwing sake. We don't really need a new ba, I'm just greedy.
Clan Ghost Bear:  We may not like you, but you're not bothering us, so you may exist.
 If your BA tactics can't be described as shenanigans, you're probably doing it wrong. ^-^ -Weirdo
 <Kojak> Yeah, there's definitely a learning curve with BA, But once you learn how to use 'em well they're addictive,heck, just look at what happened to Foxx ;-)
<Steve_Restless> its YOU who I shouldn't underestimate. I could give you a broom handle and I'd find you sitting on top of the enemy stormcrow, smug surat grin on your face

Jellico

• Spatium Magister
  • Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • BattleMechs are the lords of the battlefield
« Reply #1359 on: 10 November 2020, 00:01:20 »
What do you want in a new BA? While the tech isn't completely mined out yet, it is close to the bottom.

Mecha82

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Some things never change
« Reply #1360 on: 13 November 2020, 16:46:32 »
After getting my hands on Clan Invasion boxed set (one LGS in here had it) I chose to switch to Ghost Bears to avoid whole ilClan silliness since so far Ghost Bears aren't really involved with that.
Star Captain John Malthus, Kappa Galaxy, Clan Jade Falcon 
Star Captain Johannes Bekker, Delta Galaxy, Clan Ghost Bear 
Captain John Bailey, 1st Avalon Hussars, Federated Suns  
Tai-i Jiro Takahashi, 2nd Legion of Vega, Draconis Combine

Zeruel

• Lieutenant
  • the Angel of Might
    • Z's DeviantArt gallery
« Reply #1361 on: 14 November 2020, 00:39:41 »
After getting my hands on Clan Invasion boxed set (one LGS in here had it) I chose to switch to Ghost Bears to avoid whole ilClan silliness since so far Ghost Bears aren't really involved with that.

That ilClan silliness might the only action to get in on for a while...

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #1362 on: 14 November 2020, 15:12:55 »

The good news is your combine minis will still get played with!

What do you want in a new BA? While the tech isn't completely mined out yet, it is close to the bottom.

Honestly I'd rather have the ability to produce Ogre's than come up with a new suit.

CJC070

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1363 on: 14 November 2020, 15:29:37 »
That ilClan silliness might the only action to get in on for a while...

Who says that the Ghost Bears won’t be involved at the appointed hour.  Isn’t their totem known for coming out of nowhere.

David CGB

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1364 on: 14 November 2020, 16:09:53 »
Honestly I'd rather have the ability to produce Ogre's than come up with a new suit.
I would rather have the centaur battle armor, it would add much more..
Federated Suns fan forever, Ghost Bear Fan since 1992, and as a Ghost Bear David Bekker star captain (in an Alt TL Loremaster)

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #1365 on: 14 November 2020, 16:15:05 »
Upgraded Rogue Bear with AP Gauss, a Quad Assault Suit, and a fast boy to keep up with the Horses Quad whose name I forget at this moment.

Kerfuffin(925)

• Major
« Reply #1366 on: 14 November 2020, 17:05:21 »
I would like a golem if was good.

Mecha82

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1367 on: 14 November 2020, 17:19:26 »
The good news is your combine minis will still get played with!

Yes, against each other even. After all GB and DC have clashed time to time even during Operation Revival. That short story that was included with Clan Invasion boxed set was about one of those times. 

Jellico

• Spatium Magister
  • Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #1368 on: 14 November 2020, 18:55:44 »
There is the Reactive Armor Rogue Bear. Sure 4 shots isn't 13, but who uses 13 rounds and it has better armor and generates a jumping to-hit modifier.

Try Golems in the city, especially with alternate Bear Hunter rules.
Alternatively try Golem Support.

Upgraded Rogue Bear with AP Gauss, a Quad Assault Suit, and a fast boy to keep up with the Horses Quad whose name I forget at this moment.
SRMs tend to be equal to APGRs if you have enough ammo. Enough depends upon armor.
A quad is not going to happen.
You can only keep up with a Buraq by going quad or a very very light VTOL. Whether you really need to keep up with a BA that can only crack 70kmh is a different question. Like doesn't have to fight like.

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #1369 on: 15 November 2020, 20:35:15 »
I've ran out of rounds with my ogres before  ;D, Ogres are FUN to play with defensively.

I'll echo playing them in a defense map, especially if other battle armor are involved. You laugh at the bear hunters range until it's time to dislodge them. Or your opponent oops and takes the plasma variant of the blackwolf.
« Last Edit: 15 November 2020, 20:37:45 by Foxx Ital »

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #1370 on: 16 November 2020, 02:39:42 »
I tend to be aggressive with my BA and my (Clan) opponent is a Hell Horse player who uses a real Combined Arms Star including Infantry. Usually I take a point or two of APGR Elementals but I’d love to use the Rogue Bears more.... so that’s a personal wish.

The Quad Assault Suit: I mean I want a Kodiak equivalent in BA form because it would be awesome.

As for the Buraq (thanks) I want to out Horde the Horses and Falcons and show them real swarm clusters. Duplicate their designs and make them better seems like a good way to do it. Plus a fast scout BA (doesn’t have to be a quad but IDK how to design BA) would be awesome paired with our normal BA carriers.

Jellico

• Spatium Magister
  • Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #1371 on: 16 November 2020, 07:07:48 »
It is important to remember that like doesn't have to fight like.

For example scout BA are a poor option outside of cities because they are so slow. But! The Dominion has a very solid one in the form of the Constable, or alternatively a Kobold or Kobold IIC. And they have hands where Buraq don't.

If you want a Dominion swarm Cluster look up yhe Third Drakøn's semi humorous Viking Doctrine.

Rogue Bears are roughly equal to Elementals. It mostly depends upon how much you can pin your enemy down. If there are Infantry in play you have a good chance. But don't send them against the crunchies. Send your BA after the tanks. Those SRMs are made for immobilising, and once they can't move the MGs will get kills.

Rogue Bear [Upgrade] BV396
Elemental [APGR] BV428
If the Bears do the job for less...

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #1372 on: 16 November 2020, 14:18:04 »
I'm just throwing spaghetti at the wall for throwing sake. We don't really need a new ba, I'm just greedy.

Your just sad that there isn't five mini lions that transform to make a bigger bot!

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Zeruel

• Lieutenant
  • the Angel of Might
    • Z's DeviantArt gallery
« Reply #1373 on: 20 November 2020, 15:02:34 »
so new RecGuide has the Fire Moth and Viper in it

both are listed as being built at Dominion Facility Kappa-5 on Thule (the Viper line there is new info), which was destroyed in the Jihad..so rebuilt? and we build the Viper again?? it's not fully clear, but I would assume they wouldn't put out of date info

Kerfuffin(925)

• Major
« Reply #1374 on: 20 November 2020, 15:20:40 »
so new RecGuide has the Fire Moth and Viper in it

both are listed as being built at Dominion Facility Kappa-5 on Thule (the Viper line there is new info), which was destroyed in the Jihad..so rebuilt? and we build the Viper again?? it's not fully clear, but I would assume they wouldn't put out of date info

One of the other books (FM:3085 or whatever the post jihad production lines books was, maybe updates) said they had plans to make Thule a main plant, further removed from anyone who could attack it. I would bet they did rebuild it, along with the other two plants there.

Mecha82

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1375 on: 20 November 2020, 20:19:55 »
So we have steady supply of Vipers if needed. I haven't really though it as typical Ghost Bear mech so I have been wrong in that.

Kerfuffin(925)

• Major
« Reply #1376 on: 20 November 2020, 21:01:51 »
what do you guys think is going on with those R variants?
The dominion shouldn’t have any need to make low tech pod mounts, and 5>4 so I don’t know why regular c3. Maybe they are Republican variants, but the lore in the Viper pilot seems to suggest (at least the viper R) is native to the dominion.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1377 on: 20 November 2020, 21:06:57 »
Umm... little r or big R.

Cause I can see Republic with little r. Like how the 3050+ IS omni's got that R designation from Clantech.

I wonder if GB still make due with future  (C) models anymore?

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016

Jellico

• Spatium Magister
  • Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #1378 on: 21 November 2020, 03:09:14 »

https://youtu.be/9vWNauaZAgg

The factories are rebuilt (Firemoth) or finally finished (Viper). No confirmed date yet. Watch the MUL.

R usually designates an Omni variant using mixed tech. In this case these are old widespread OmniMechs with a general Inner Sphere presence.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1379 on: 21 November 2020, 11:34:31 »
Which is what I said. Little r, should be Republic while big R are clanified IS Omni models.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

Register