Author Topic: manga time so what are you reading now? (Links may be NSFW)  (Read 132154 times)

MadCapellan

• Furibunda Scriptorem
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • In the name of Xin Sheng, I will punish you!
    • Check out the anime I've seen & reviewed!
Re: manga time so what are you reading now? (Links may be NSFW)
« Reply #510 on: 10 April 2018, 17:58:59 »
ok does any one know if ever there will be or if it is even completed manga cos chu? i am only able to find chapter 1

Amazon.co.jp lists 3 collected volumes, so there's more out there. I can't imagine a short run series like that from the defunct Manga 4-koma Kings Palette is going to get licensed, though....

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #511 on: 10 April 2018, 19:03:26 »
Amazon.co.jp lists 3 collected volumes, so there's more out there. I can't imagine a short run series like that from the defunct Manga 4-koma Kings Palette is going to get licensed, though....
thanks ill look it up
you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights errant, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

Baldur Mekorig

• Lieutenant
  • Join the Brotherhood, our mechs are cuter!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #513 on: 11 April 2018, 13:50:47 »
Just found Stravaganza - Isai no Hime. Nicely done "medieval" manga. Also, i like the artist style. Also just finished reading Reiroukan Kenzai Nariya from the same author.
Oh my brother, with your courage we can conquer,
In your sword I put my trust that you will honor
I will be the higher ground should you concede it
And my body be your shield if you should need it.

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
« Reply #514 on: 11 April 2018, 14:26:02 »
Just found Stravaganza - Isai no Hime. Nicely done "medieval" manga.
It's not. It's fantasy. Medieval manga are Vagabond (Miyamoto Musashi), Vinland Saga (vikings!), and Otomo Sensou (Hussite Wars).
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights errant, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

Baldur Mekorig

• Lieutenant
  • Join the Brotherhood, our mechs are cuter!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #515 on: 11 April 2018, 15:52:13 »
It's not. It's fantasy. Medieval manga are Vagabond (Miyamoto Musashi), Vinland Saga (vikings!), and Otomo Sensou (Hussite Wars).

Its a way of speaking. I am not saying that is a "historical" manga, like the ones you listed, or Historie, for example.
Oh my brother, with your courage we can conquer,
In your sword I put my trust that you will honor
I will be the higher ground should you concede it
And my body be your shield if you should need it.

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #516 on: 14 April 2018, 14:22:24 »
ok looking for an old manga cant remember the title but story goes something like this....and it is not by rumico takahashi
a young boy is on a quest to find a mermaids scale during his journey he meets a very voilent girl who is odd too boot.
it had been awhile about 27 years but for life of me i cannot remember what title it was...
you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!

Reldn

• Lieutenant
« Reply #517 on: 16 April 2018, 20:31:53 »
Even though I haven't started reading it yet, ( I ordered the first arc and it should be arriving soon) I'm preparing to start "JoJo's Bizarre Adventure". I've heard good things, so, fingers crossed!

3rd Lyran Guards
2nd Oriente Hussars
Scorpion Empire Tau & Seeker Galaxy

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
« Reply #518 on: 18 April 2018, 10:47:12 »
In case anyone cares to know, How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom has made it into manga. It begins like an old CRPGame (said so in light novel itself):

I kid you not! Otherwise protagonist is different kind of hero who doesn't take significant part to fighting (character class: administrator; NOT fighter). I quote you light novel:
“It is said that a hero is ‘one who leads the change of an era,’”
That he does. Cliches and tropes abound, but occasionally protagonist goes straight against them in most surprising ways. And it is GOOD! At least light novels are...
« Last Edit: 18 April 2018, 10:51:28 by Matti »

HobbesHurlbut

• Captain
  • Live Free or Die Hard
« Reply #519 on: 18 April 2018, 19:05:38 »
er hasn't that been in manga for a while?
Clan Blood Spirit - So Bad Ass as to require Orbital Bombardments to wipe us out....it is the only way to be sure!

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
« Reply #520 on: 18 April 2018, 22:32:31 »
Dunno. Just found out it yesterday.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #521 on: 19 April 2018, 10:42:35 »
I just looked it up for first time when you mentioned it, i hadn't heard of it before.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #522 on: 19 April 2018, 15:43:01 »
ok not anime but...
i have had kick ass omnibus collection 1 through volume 3 now i came across something interesting that the 4th series is out ? dint volume 3 made it plain that it was over?

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Pirates and C3 masters are on the hitlist
« Reply #523 on: 19 April 2018, 16:05:21 »
ok not anime but...
i have had kick ass omnibus collection 1 through volume 3 now i came across something interesting that the 4th series is out ? dint volume 3 made it plain that it was over?
The 4th is a bit of a reboot..... 
Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

The Society:Fan XTRO & Field Manual
Nebula California: HyperTube Xtreme
Nebula Confederation Ships

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #524 on: 19 April 2018, 16:16:54 »
The 4th is a bit of a reboot.....
worth reading or just go with meh who cares?

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Pirates and C3 masters are on the hitlist
« Reply #525 on: 19 April 2018, 16:20:54 »
worth reading or just go with meh who cares?
It has the expected violence, but is a bit too derivative while not really fitting with the rest of the existing setting.
So, meh...
Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

The Society:Fan XTRO & Field Manual
Nebula California: HyperTube Xtreme
Nebula Confederation Ships

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #526 on: 03 May 2018, 08:52:38 »
I just discovered, Marry Grave.  It's art is darn nearly same as the Seven Deadly Sins manga.  Story of slightly crazy widowed husband looking for items to resurrect his Bride. Humor is good, the story perhaps silly at times and elements of dark are balanced.  It's more Adventure/Comedy if anything else, it's enjoyable.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #527 on: 04 May 2018, 12:30:58 »
Gunnm Mars Chronicle did the manga go on a break? had not seen anew chapter since december 2017

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #528 on: 04 May 2018, 14:02:52 »
Gunnm Mars Chronicle did the manga go on a break? had not seen anew chapter since december 2017
I think their slow on updating. March was last time i heard they were update from various sources.

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #529 on: 04 May 2018, 16:17:35 »
chapter 24 is the last one i read...

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #530 on: 04 May 2018, 21:04:49 »
Their up to Chapter 28 from what i googled. However it may not be fully available per region maybe. I stop following it when it switch over to this flashback/prequel Manga.  I hate looking back, i like moving forward with the story.

iamfanboy

• Captain
« Reply #531 on: 04 May 2018, 22:16:12 »
Their up to Chapter 28 from what i googled. However it may not be fully available per region maybe. I stop following it when it switch over to this flashback/prequel Manga.  I hate looking back, i like moving forward with the story.
I hear you. When he went flashback to the vampire lady in Last Order, I...

Come to think of it, that's where I stopped reading it. It was interesting at first. It was NOT interesting for multiple volumes.

So I got the first couple of volumes of Cased Closed! and I keep meaning to start reading them.

This has not happened yet.

Ruger

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #532 on: 05 May 2018, 15:01:33 »
So I got the first couple of volumes of Cased Closed! and I keep meaning to start reading them.

This has not happened yet.

It's a great series...picked up vol 66 a few weeks ago...and the US is only about 3 or 4 dozen volumes behind Japan now...

Ruger
"If someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Malcolm Reynolds, Firefly

"Who I am is where I stand. Where I stand is where I fall...Stand with me." - The Doctor, The Doctor Falls, Doctor Who

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
« Reply #533 on: 05 May 2018, 15:03:31 »
So I got the first couple of volumes of Cased Closed!
I looked it up on Wikipedia. More widely ( = outside of USA) it is known as Detective Conan.

kato

• Captain
« Reply #534 on: 05 May 2018, 16:06:35 »
It's a great series...picked up vol 66 a few weeks ago...and the US is only about 3 or 4 dozen volumes behind Japan now...
Now consider that the anime just aired its 900th episode.

Ruger

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #535 on: 05 May 2018, 18:32:44 »
Now consider that the anime just aired its 900th episode.

And how many movies are there as well? I have the first five seasons (about 131 episodes) and 6 movies they released in the States, but have seen nothing since...

Ruger
"If someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Malcolm Reynolds, Firefly

"Who I am is where I stand. Where I stand is where I fall...Stand with me." - The Doctor, The Doctor Falls, Doctor Who

Tymers Realm

• Lieutenant
« Reply #536 on: 06 May 2018, 09:49:08 »
And how many movies are there as well? I have the first five seasons (about 131 episodes) and 6 movies they released in the States, but have seen nothing since...

Ruger

Well considering that's all FUNi had the rights too. But not anymore.
And outside of Crunchy's streaming, could you honestly expect anyone to physically release a now 900 ep ongoing series? Considering how long it took to get the original LotGH series released here? I can't really expect anyone pulling the trigger on that.

kato

• Captain
« Reply #537 on: 06 May 2018, 10:22:07 »
could you honestly expect anyone to physically release a now 900 ep ongoing series?
*cough* One Piece *cough*

Edit: And yes, i know, Funi is 380 episodes behind with their physical release.

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
« Reply #538 on: 06 May 2018, 13:28:10 »
Considering how long it took to get the original LotGH series released here?
Released where? What language is translation? Can I buy & ship it to Finland?

kato

• Captain
« Reply #539 on: 06 May 2018, 13:41:51 »
Check Hidive for it, it was part of their Beta launch portfolio.

Unless you want to spend what will probably pretty much immediately be at least a four-figure sum on Sentai's DVD box release of which a limited-edition run of 1,000 units is announced to retail for 800 USD in July this year.