Author Topic: Baronies of Foxhaven  (Read 32628 times)

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
Re: Baronies of Foxhaven
« Reply #120 on: 20 April 2020, 20:00:54 »
The nasty thing about combat vehicles is that once they are taken out there isn't usually a lot left to salvage and it is a battalion of light vehicles.  Which I probably should have pointed out.

All in all I do feel like any benefits the advanced tech bring are heavily outweighed by the lack of steady replacements though.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #121 on: 20 April 2020, 20:02:03 »
Yeah, but any salvaged weapons are going to be TOTALLY worth the effort...

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #122 on: 20 April 2020, 20:11:32 »
I'll admit it is a conundrum.

Any salvage or captured gear/techs are going to be a boon, a temporary boon yes, but still a boon.

But if I roll them over to a more tech parity version of the Amos instead then they gain access to spare parts and ammunition and that probably would make them more decisive in the conflict as the 4th would be a lot bolder in engaging opponents because they can replace losses long term.

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
« Reply #123 on: 20 April 2020, 20:55:52 »
Another submission

Deathstalker Flight

These six F-77 Deathstalker fighters are a mystery originally built in the FWL these craft were an experimental model before the Stingray went into production.  History states that the craft never saw combat but that is clearly not the case with these aircraft.

They arrived in system onboard a beat up Leopard CV and offered protection to the 4th Panzer Grenadiers JumpShip.

Each fighter has been modified carrying a smaller forward auto cannon, no ER lasers standard large lasers replace them, double rear lasers and additional armour

CO Malcolm Hgrant - it's a silent "g" according to Hgrant.  Stories on where he acquired the fighters range from they were left behind on a museum tour, we acquired them from a warehouse demolition project to who's asking?
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,20515.0.html - Part 1

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,52013.0.html - Part 2

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,79196.0.html - Part 3

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #124 on: 20 April 2020, 22:03:28 »
Three mechs arrive silently by Dropship to the rebel positions sometime before dawn. Two Grasshoppers exit the bay of the small ship followed by a beast of an assault mech: an Awesome. All three are painted jet black with a single red stripe running from their right 'eye' to their leg. Captain Janna Sokolov, formerly of the LCAF descends the ladder dressed in what can only be described as barbarian leathers over her cooling vest: a wolf-skin pelt draped across both shoulders, arms, and her head. Her two Lieutenants, LT. Brenna Moroz and Astrid Toffsdotter, descend from their own machines followed by several squads of light infantry riding utility vehicles. The Iron Wolves have been paid by the rebel leadership to break the opposition with their heavier machines and in return Captain Sokolov wishes to form her own barony on the planet. Little do the rebels know of her former career only that her command was wiped out in a raid by pirates years ago. In revenge she burned their raiding base to a crisp... along with the hundreds of civilians there.  Taking the charred husk as her own throne she was deposed after only a year of raiding by other pirate groups and since then has kept on the move going from less than legal mercenary work to out right pirating.

AWS-8Q Captain Janna Sokolov 4/2
GRH-5H LT. Brenna Moroz 3/4
GRH-5H LT, Astrid Toffsdotter 4/4

Six squads of 'security' infantry … may or may not be a bit evil.

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #125 on: 20 April 2020, 23:48:04 »
If I may a merc looking for employment
Andrew "Orge" Hirson
Andrew is 1 of the most social misfit you will ever met.  He has a face only his mom could love, if he could find her was left at an church when he was young, and his social skills are none existance.  But put him into a combat situation and there is no one you rather have covering your six.
Carries 14mm Hand Cannon that he has used to shoot at small mechs with and carries a Kukri that he says if pulls someone will bleed.
Here is the "Most safe photo of Orge at a Officers Club", just before he was asked to leave.  8 MPs later he finally left, but well the MPs were not happy and most endup in the medbay, and Andrew in the Brig.

Current owner of a TDR-5SE known as Thunder the Barbarian
He has been a lance leader more then once, only to loose the command when combat ends and his social skills come to into play. 
He is looking contract that plays to his skills, but also offers a good place to party when possible

He is what happens when someone playing MW2 min/maxed the PC ;D
"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #126 on: 21 April 2020, 17:20:09 »
Yikes!  What have those idiots done...

BTW, Liam... did you want me to poke the remaining Barons?

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #127 on: 21 April 2020, 17:43:15 »
Myomer Monkey

Owner and operators, Aaron K and Richard R, like it fast and loud but slow and low is the name of the game when these two grease monkeys get excited when they have an axle to grind. Operating a lone Heavy battlemech recovery vehicle with an even older successor war era's Paramour mobile repair alongside a Platoon of infantry out fitted with standard Auto-Rifles and such.

When you need a lift, give them a call, they'll be happy to help, for a price.

TT

( Sorry boilerman, your avatar is too cool to not pass up! )
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Giovanni Blasini

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • And I think it's gonna be a long, long time...
« Reply #128 on: 23 April 2020, 03:52:44 »
Just to refresh my memory, what's the year, and Foxhaven is out past MoC, Aurigan and Taurian space, right? Like, how far from the California Nebula?
"Does anyone know where the love of God goes / When the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
-- Gordon Lightfoot, "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald"

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #129 on: 23 April 2020, 09:03:19 »
I actually looked this up and Liam's said that it's about 3050's to 3060s but as for where I'm not sure about that myself.

Sharpnel

• Colonel
« Reply #130 on: 23 April 2020, 10:01:55 »
I never posted this in this thread. It was in the original thread.

Barony of Torrealba

Torrealba is the easternmost barony and, thus, sees the rising of the Sun first everyday. In terms of population it is  one of the larger baronies with just over 100,000 citizens within its borders. Torrealba's economy is based on the copper, bauxite and gold mines that dot the region, along with sheep and cattle ranching. The Cisneros family have been loyal followers of the Grand Duke's family since they landed on Foxhaven with them. So much so that the Baronesa Graciela is the Grand Duke's fourth cousin, twice removed. Graciela Cisneros has ruled these lands for the past eleven years since her father's untimely death due to the machinations of her deceased Uncle and his eldest son. Torrealba is the leading supplier of most small electronics and household appliances. The mines still rely on manual labor as they are only a small handful of Mining Mechs on planet. The barony maintains English and Spanish as its two official languages. Their two main issues of concern are controlling the more dangerous fauna that wonder across their borders and the wildcat miners outside her borders who are smuggling the toils of their felonious labors through her territory.

Baronesa Graciela Cisneros: Her ladyship pilots her family's Wolverine-6M, named El Gato Peligroso, which was brought to this planet by her many times great-grandfather. Trained by her father and her Master-at-Arms, she is quite the skilled warrior and tactician. She is currently unmarried and plans to stay that way as she cannot bear children due to her being born without ovaries. She has designated her younger brother, Aladio, as her heir with consent from the Baronial Council of Alcaldes and the Grand Duke. She has already made plans to abdicate her title on her 50th birthday.

Caballero Roberto Villalobos, Master-at-Arms: Roberto serves as the Master-at-Arms and oversees the defensive forces of the Barony as well as the police and border guards. He pilots a jump-capable Thunderbolt nicknamed El Cid and is the Baronesa's bodyguard when out in the field. Though fifteen years her senior, he is also serves as her lover, knowing full well that she will not marry and cannot bear any children. Some would call this scandalous, but not within his or her earshot.

VND-1R Vindicator - Caballero Alfonso Montoya
JVN-10F Javelin - Caballero Osvaldo Mejias
WSP-1D - Dama Rivka Liebowitz

Capitan Karl-Otto Maurus - Commander, Torrealban Guardia de Infantería
Capitan Akane Setsuna - Commander, Torrealban Fuerza Aerea
Consigliere Trygg Bender, CRD-3BL Crusader, The Blazer Mafia
Takehiro 'Taco' Uchimiya, SHD-2H Shadow Hawk 'Taco', Crimson Oasis Trading Company

"Of what use is a dream, if not a blueprint for courageous action" -Adam West
As I get older, I realize that I'm not as good as I once was.
"Life is too short to be living someone else's dream" - Hugh Hefner

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #131 on: 23 April 2020, 19:18:09 »
Thanks for the cross-post!  :thumbsup:

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Miss Chitty finds your honor rules quaint.
« Reply #132 on: 23 April 2020, 20:11:28 »
To finally get some questions answered,

The year is 3057.

Foxhaven's location is rimward of the Taurian Concordat. The closest canon system would be Farhome, which itself would be around thirty light years further rimward past Foxhaven, which would place Foxhaven itself about sixty lightyears from the closest Taurian world (Erod's escape). The California Nebula would be a significant distance away still.

I don't mind a degree of customization among submitted mercenaries, as long as one doesn't go too overboard. I think there's a good argument to be made that customization would probably be more common among the lower rung of mercenaries in the periphery, just because they won't always be able to get stock parts and will have to make do.

Likewise, I don't have a problem with advanced technology, as long as it's in moderation. The inability to get replacement parts in the wilds of the Periphery is a pretty good counter all on its own.  I'd even look the other way on a couple clan mechs showing up, if you can sell it with some good fluff (renegade clansmen was a suggested plothook in the second periphery sourcebook after all, and the replacement part problem is sooo much worse for clan technology).
Good news is the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show an immediate latency of 44.6 years. So if you're thirty or over you're laughing. Worst case scenario you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you've forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator, it makes a happy face.

(indirect accessory to the) Slayer of Monitors!

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #133 on: 23 April 2020, 20:22:20 »
Sounds like Winger's Stingers are within bounds, then...

Did you want me to ping the other Barons via PM?

Arkansas Warrior

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #134 on: 24 April 2020, 18:59:08 »
I just happened to see that this thread is active again.

Ahem.  That is to say, The Barony of Ouachita is a bit insular, news travels slowly sometimes, and Baron Leonard has been away on his honeymoon.  As a general rule, he's supportive of strengthening Foxhaven, to include limited colonization.  But he'll stop short of militarily supporting a coup.  The Duke is the Duke.  Political wrangling to twist his arm or even force abdication is one thing, deposing him militarily is another.  That might given lesser nobles ideas, you know?  He's not quite the sort to consciously walk a tightrope and play both sides against the other for his own benefit, but in this case he does have enough of a foot in both camps that he'll wait to commit until it looks like one side has the clear upper hand.  Things to take care of at home, a new lancemate that needs some seasoning, and a spot of light unrest in the hills.  You know the moonshiners, never wanting to pay the tax on booze.  And now they've got technicals and the odd IndustrialMech.  Oh and they were definitely supporting...uh, who's on the losing side again?
Sunrise is Coming.

All Hail First Prince Melissa Davion, the Patron Saint of the Regimental Combat Team, who cowed Dainmar Liao, created the Model Army, and rescued Robinson!  May her light ever guide the sons of the Suns, May our daughters ever endeavour to emulate her!

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #135 on: 24 April 2020, 19:12:40 »
Right!  Another one for the Neutral pile...  8)

Code: [Select]
Barony          Author           # of 'mechs  Loyalty    Resources
Greenfan        Tegyrius             4                   Agriculture (Fruit, Grain)
Trent           Daryk                4        Duke       Agriculture (Cattle), Light Vehicle Manufacturing
Ouachita        Arkansas Warrior     5        Neutral    Agriculture, Timber, Mining
Okro            Vegam Ranger         5                   Mining (Silver, Copper), Insurgents
Port Royale     Colt Ward            5                   2 Large Ports, Shipping
Torrealba       Sharpnel             4        Duke       Agriculture (Sheep, Cattle), Mining (Bauxite, Copper, Gold), Small Electronics, Household Appliances
Urania          Giovanni Blasini     5        Duke       Rare Elements
North Point     glitterboy2098       5        Neutral    Timber, Ethanol Fuel
Von Strong      truetanker           5        Duke       Agriculture (Sheep), Timber
New Uttarak     Siegfried Marcus     4                   Mining, Timber, Agriculture
Middleton       Dragon Cat           7        Neutral    Weapons Manufacturing
Fujiyama        monbvol              4        Neutral    Functioning 'mech cubicle
Duke's Hold     Liam                 ?        Rebels     Capitol
14th Barony     Liam                 0        Rebels     Jumpship

Arkansas Warrior

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #136 on: 24 April 2020, 19:44:22 »
I take it we can send in a lance of ne'er-do-wells mercs even if we've already got a barony?
Sunrise is Coming.

All Hail First Prince Melissa Davion, the Patron Saint of the Regimental Combat Team, who cowed Dainmar Liao, created the Model Army, and rescued Robinson!  May her light ever guide the sons of the Suns, May our daughters ever endeavour to emulate her!

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #137 on: 24 April 2020, 19:48:58 »
Most other people have (and some of us more than once), so... yeah, why not?  :thumbsup:

I'll say we definitely don't need any more murder hobos, though...  Assault 'mechs are nothing but BAD NEWS for us locals...

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website
« Reply #138 on: 24 April 2020, 23:35:57 »
not a lot of Rebels in that listing.. i think it would help if we knew the circumstances around the rebellion?

Arkansas Warrior

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #139 on: 25 April 2020, 00:24:55 »
Thorfinn’s Varangians
The Varangians are a group of Rasalhagian deserters.  The field three mechs: a Hachetman-3F, and Panther-C, and a Vindicator-1AA, as well as two Maxim hovertanks with infantry.  The unit specializes in sudden raids from unexpected directions, striking, loading up with loot, and disappearing before defenses can muster.  Somewhat paradoxically, the unit’s mechwarriors put a heavy emphasis on individual honor, and will often engage in one-on-one duels with enemy units when the situation permits.  All bets are off against any and all clanners, though; they attack with berserk ferocity and refuse to take prisoners against Kerensky’s children, even firing at downed mechs, just to be sure (though, since they refuse to take contracts anywhere near clan space, the unit has rarely faced a clanner in the field).  The unit is formed from remnants of planetary militia that were broken by Clan Wolf.  Because they fled their post before fighting ceased, they were officially branded as deserters and barred from re-entering Rasalhague space.  Many in the unit are ashamed of that flight, but contend that the clans were simply unstoppable, and that the only other choice was death.  Fearing that their former government will send bounty hunters after them (to recover their equipment, if not return them to stand trial) the unit fled to the rimward periphery, where they’ve lurked in the shadows ever since.  Even so, the unit maintains some semblance of professionalism, trying to recoup what honor they can through honorable conduct.

Kapten Thorfinn “Skullsplitter” Haraldson-The pilot of the unit’s Hachetman, Thorfinn was a kapten in the Kungsarme.  While he fought valiantly against the Wolves, his unit was shattered, their world lost to the clan juggernaut.  Once the battle’s outcome was clear, he gathered what troops he could and fled in a civilian dropship.  Thorfinn strongly emphasizes his unit’s Scandinavian heritage, mandating (for example) the use of Swedish for all in-unit communications, from battlefield transmissions to internal supply paperwork.  He also encourages all of his soldiers to carry an axe whenever possible.  Thorfinn himself is almost an archetypal trivid Viking, heavily muscled and tattooed, with long, braided hair and beard.  This is, however, a conscious façade.  He was born Thorfinn Takeda, the son of a mixed marriage between a local Rasalhagian and a Kurita soldier, in the years just before Rasalhague gained independence.  His father left with the Dragon when he was a toddler, leaving his wife and son behind.  When Thorfinn came of age, he changed his name to honor the maternal grandfather who was his primary male influence growing up, and has consciously eschewed his biological father’s culture ever since. (OOC: as you might guess from the nickname, he aims high a lot with the hatchet.  Especially against clanners. Guy seems to have turned his cultural issues with Kuritans on clanners instead.  Maybe that's Fujiwara's influence.)

Lojtnant Magnus “Skald” Sigurdson-Magnus pilots the Varangians’ Panther.  Magnus was a young Lojtnant in Thorfinn’s company, one of a bare handful to survive the onslaught of the Wolves.  Unlike Thorfinn, Magnus is purely Rasalhagian, a fact he is very proud of.  He is one of the best-educated of the group, speaking not just Swedish but also Old Norse, and often quotes ancient Skaldic poetry before, or even during battle.  In his spare time, he writes his own, focusing on the exploits of his unit.  Dark allusions to the ravenous and unstoppable wolves of Ragnarok can sometimes be found in his tales.  Thinner and shorter than his CO, he looks the part of the academic, glasses and all.  Few are surprised to learn that he serves as the unit’s intelligence officer and assists his CO in operations planning. (OOC: Seems like the nice guy in the unit, doesn't he?   But who knows what dark deeds an Intel Officer might have in his background.  Maybe he's a Mimir mole.  Maybe he's the unit "enhanced interrogation" specialist.  Up to you.)

Chu-i Hikaru “Bushi” Fujiwara-Chu-i Fujiwara pilots a VND-1AA “Avenging Angel” Vindicator.  Most would say that Fujiwara suffered heavy discrimination in the Rasalhague Republic, despite the fact that her parents, retired Combine administrators, advocated for the fledgling Republic and even came out of retirement to serve the young nation.  She simply smiles and says that challenges are welcome, as they give her more chances to prove that she is a true warrior.  Nevertheless, she didn’t hesitate to flee Rasalhague space with the rest of the unit.  In the Varangians, she has bought (sometimes grudging) respect and acceptance by her skill at arms, and is acknowledged as the Varangians best mechwarrior.  She has to be, given the substandard mech she has piloted since her Kungsarme days.  Uniquely among the Varangians, she carries a samurai’s daisho and wears more traditionally Kurita combat gear.  Fujiwara serves as Kapten Haraldson’s adjutant and logistics officer.  While all acknowledge her skill, some in the unit still whisper that she has…other ways of influencing the Kapten.  No one says it in her hearing though.  She killed the last one who did. (OOC: Seems unlikely, given the Kapten's cultural hang-ups.  But maybe that's just the cover they need.  Or maybe she's involved with Sigurdson.  Or both.  Or neither.  Up to you.)

Lojtnant “Old” Erik Ikeda-Lojtnant Ikeda commands the Varangians’ support forces from the cupola of his Maxim hovertank.  His forces are primarily used for base defense, to screen the Varangians mech units from enemy infantry attack, or to loot enemy objectives.  Much of Ikeda’s time outside of combat is taken up overseeing the unit’s technical staff and base security.  “Old Erik” as he is affectionately known by the men and women under his command, was a schoolteacher and reservist in the Kungsarme, called up with his unit to face the clans.  Watching the men and women under his command, many of whom he’d known since childhood, die in droves nearly broke the man.  Only with difficulty did Kapten Harladson convince his old teacher to keep commanding troops instead of drinking himself to death.   Having known Haraldson since childhood, Ikeda is the only man in the unit who knows of the Kapten’s true ancestry. (OOC: who knows how long he can keep it up before the nightmares drive him back to the bottle.  Maybe they already have and he's just gotten better at hiding it.)

Fanjunkare Olaf “Ice” Berg-Fanjunkare Berg is the senior NCO of the Varangians.  A white-haired giant of a man, Fanjunkare Berg is older than any other unit member (save Lojtnant Ikeda), and bigger than almost any of them.  Berg sees he men and women under his command as his children, to be taught, looked after, and disciplined as the circumstances require.  Like Lojtnant Ikeda, he has known many of them for years; he was a drill instructor when not serving as an infantry sergeant, and trained many of them himself.  He personally oversees any punishment meted out by the unit’s officers, and seems to take rule-breaking as an affront to his personal honor; as he constantly tells his troopers, “I trained you better than that.”  Even though he is well past 50, Berg still leads morning PT for the unit every single day, and is the unit’s acknowledge expert in hand to hand combat (as well as being extremely skilled with his mighty Danish axe).  (OOC: Or maybe the Sergeant-Major is the Mimir plant.  Who would suspect him?  Also, who knows what lengths he might already have gone to to protect the unit's rep.  Funny how he's the only one who punishes unit members; his troopers never get convicted of anything related to off-base carousing.  It's like witnesses turn up dead or something.  Maybe.  If you want.)

I tried to leave enough vague for Liam to adjust as he feels necessary, while fleshing out enough detail to make them interesting.  I also consciously tried to give their mech choices a Rasalhagian flavor, while remaining substandard (Rasalhague's access to the "Avenging Angel" Vindicator was icing on the cake).  I know I'm stretching the definition of a lance, but who cares about conventionals, right?  I'm sure the Maxims aren't quite full of infantry (exactly how full is up to Liam, of course).  Heck, if you need to make it one Maxim with a couple of squads, I totally get it. Also tried to give them reason to be out in the dark without making them straight-up bandits.  But maybe they just hide it better...
Sunrise is Coming.

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #140 on: 25 April 2020, 01:38:11 »
not a lot of Rebels in that listing.. i think it would help if we knew the circumstances around the rebellion?

*nod*

It seems really one sided in favor of the current Duke.

Honestly I think it'd be really helpful if a planetary map showing where each Barony was so I could plan out House Fuchida's play in the current crises.

And I suppose I could roll the 4th Panzer Grenadiers over to having standard AC-10 field gunners and the less tech advanced M4 Amos variant for the bulk of their forces.  Might give the Lance Commanders the LB-10X variants though.  Going rogue instead of going into the meat grinder that is the Clan front is still plenty of motivation.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #141 on: 25 April 2020, 08:09:18 »
The mercenary forces are already scarier than the sum of what the Barons can muster.

And honestly, there are just as many neutrals as loyalists.  This shouldn't be surprising: the existing power structure favors the Barons, so they're pretty likely to support it.

I'm going to shoot Tegyrius, Vegam Ranger, Colt Ward, and Siegfried Marcus a PM to see if I can get declarations from them.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #142 on: 25 April 2020, 08:29:04 »
OK, PM has been sent (and I Bcc'd you, Liam).

Arkansas Warrior: Love those Varangians!   :thumbsup:

They might be who Ivar Magnusson gets attached to, OR they were the unit he was cashiered from...  ^-^

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #143 on: 25 April 2020, 19:09:23 »
What about the Pirate brothers I created back when?

Definitely not supportive!

And now my mercs I've hired for Baronet Von Strong:

Standard cargo and passenger fees was all that was needed to transport close to three hundred tons that lead Pi Enterprises to Foxhaven. While their unit looks shabby in their bleached bone white colors, the unit has a certain bit of jamais insouciant, or never carefree attitude. What with their Paramour and Heavy APC and a Squad of HeavyHauler Exoskeletons for standard repairs. Their following mechs are :

Firestarer- FS9-H modified into a Mirage variant
Cicadia- CDA-2A modified into the -2B variant
Cicadia- CDA-2A also modified into the -2B variant
Ostscout- OTT-J
Jenner- JR7-D
Jenner- JR7-D

Force Commander Pi is an ex-FWL soldier currently on the run for misappropriating supplies while on duty. His mech is known as ' Sparky ' for obvious reasons.

Sergeant Major Li and Talon Sergeant Yang of the Capellan armed forces command both the Cicadia enjoying the feel of the wind as they cruise at better than 100kph!

Staff Sergeant Howard of the Lyran Commonwealth pilots the only Ostscout in the unit, preferring to stay behind the Capellans as they race around the field.

Lance Corporal Yamamoto and Private Hina, both hailing from the Draconis Combine, are an odd pair to be sure, he's close to 60 while she's only 19. Weird part is they have a child together, Daiki.

( Note: The above modifications are legal, as the two Cicadia and single Firestarter shared the same weapons removed or added! Hence the HeavyHaulers and Paramour... )

(( GM NOTE: Long term Comstar surveillance team Delta-Nine sent to FoxHaven to check reports of insurgencies. Von Strong does not have connections to this other than " hiring " them. ))

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #144 on: 25 April 2020, 19:20:18 »
I thought Liam disapproved of them?  ???

Giovanni Blasini

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • And I think it's gonna be a long, long time...
« Reply #145 on: 26 April 2020, 01:54:47 »
So, for mercs...I'm gonna take a guess that a lance of four Beetle wheeled AutoMechs would probably be out of the question?
"Does anyone know where the love of God goes / When the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
-- Gordon Lightfoot, "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald"

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website
« Reply #146 on: 26 April 2020, 02:01:58 »
So, for mercs...I'm gonna take a guess that a lance of four Beetle wheeled AutoMechs would probably be out of the question?
given you can't ever escape Nebula California?

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #147 on: 26 April 2020, 02:10:25 »

Yeah, probably a bit much.  :P

I thought Liam disapproved of them?  ???

I... uh... don't recall?
Good news is the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show an immediate latency of 44.6 years. So if you're thirty or over you're laughing. Worst case scenario you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you've forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator, it makes a happy face.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #148 on: 26 April 2020, 06:09:24 »
That was the pair with 220 tons of 'mechs each in one "Barony".

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #149 on: 27 April 2020, 03:20:53 »
That was the pair with 220 tons of 'mechs each in one "Barony".

Okay, that sounds familiar. I think I decided that they could go in as long as the total tonnage of their combined mech forces was reduced to the limit.