Author Topic: Map: Ostia Base v1 and v2 (64x51)  (Read 850 times)

Simon Landmine

• Lieutenant
  • Enthusiastic mapmaker
Map: Ostia Base v1 and v2 (64x51)
« on: 16 June 2023, 15:01:00 »
This is another map for which Gribbly is to thank. They were wondering about a lunar map at two different points in time, one with a mining facility on it, and one some years later, once the facility has been abandoned. So, here you are.

Over the intervening years, there have been more asteroid strikes on the surface, resulting in some new craters, and, while the main facility has been abandoned (and partially destroyed), there are two further facilities (which may in turn have been abandoned).

64x51 Ostia Base v1
(click to enlarge)

64x51 Ostia Base v2
(click to enlarge)

Hope that folk like it. In the meantime, I'm off to update some of my older maps, thanks to the addition of a Fluff graphic option I'd been hoping for for some time.
"That's Lieutenant Faceplant to you, Corporal!"

Things that I have learnt through clicking too fast on 'Move Done' on MegaMek: Double-check the CF of the building before jumping onto it, check artillery arrival times before standing in the neighbouring hex, and don't run across your own minefield.

"Hmm, I wonder if I can turn this into a MM map."

dgorsman

• Captain
Re: Map: Ostia Base v1 and v2 (64x51)
« Reply #1 on: 17 June 2023, 11:51:05 »
Stellar work, as always.   :thumbsup:
Think about it.  It's what we do.
- The Society

Thunder LRMs: the gift that keeps on giving.  They're the glitter of the BattleTech universe.

mikecj

• Major
  • Veteran of Galahad 3028
« Reply #2 on: 17 June 2023, 13:52:17 »
Beautiful!  Thanks for sharing!
There are no fish in my pond.
"First, one brief announcement. I just want to mention, for those who have asked, that absolutely nothing what so ever happened today in sector 83x9x12. I repeat, nothing happened. Please remain calm." Susan Ivanova
"Solve a man's problems with violence, help him for a day. Teach a man to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime." - Belkar Bitterleaf
Romo Lampkin could have gotten Stefan Amaris off with a warning.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #3 on: 01 July 2023, 14:43:57 »
Excellent work, as always!  :thumbsup: