Author Topic: What faction are you  (Read 13913 times)

mchapman1970

• Warrant Officer
  • Live young die old
    • MekHQ  AtB style Episodes
What faction are you
« on: 15 October 2015, 14:44:54 »
http://www.helloquizzy.com/results/the-battletech-faction-test/?fromCGI=1&var_Liao=0&var_Davion=16&var_Kurita=5&var_Clans=4&var_Marik=4&var_Steiner=8&var_Rasalhague=4&var_Comstar=2

My result for The Battletech Faction Test ...

House Davion (Federated Suns)

72% Davion, 46% Steiner, 27% Rasalhague, 33% Kurita, 32% Liao, 27% Marik, 32% Comstar and 47% Clans!

Pat Payne

• Lieutenant
  • 352nd Combat Group -- Ex cinis ad astra
Re: What faction are you
« Reply #1 on: 15 October 2015, 14:54:47 »
Proudly House Davion also :)

60% Davion, 50% Steiner, 42% Rasalhague, 22% Kurita, 41% Liao, 42% Marik, 45% Comstar and 29% Clans!

calendraug

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: 15 October 2015, 15:07:28 »
Comstar

Swiftfire

• Corporal
« Reply #3 on: 15 October 2015, 15:12:46 »
House Marik (Free Worlds League)

40% Davion, 25% Steiner, 31% Rasalhague, 26% Kurita, 50% Liao, 58% Marik, 23% Comstar and 29% Clans!

News to me.

Ferrit

• Corporal
« Reply #4 on: 15 October 2015, 15:26:02 »
House Marik. But...

36% Davion, 43% Steiner, 31% Rasalhague, 37% Kurita, 35% Liao, 46% Marik, 39% Comstar and 26% Clans!

Hmmm looks like I really should be multi-national mercenary or something!

Also, what no periphery?? ;)

MadCapellan

• Furibunda Scriptorem
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Just a little piglet serving the Capellan State!
    • Check out the anime I've seen & reviewed!
« Reply #5 on: 15 October 2015, 17:02:55 »
Unsurprisingly......

Your result for The Battletech Faction Test...House Liao (Capellan Confederation
32% Davion,  25% Steiner,  31% Rasalhague,  37% Kurita,  62% Liao,  35% Marik,  39% Comstar and  18% Clans!
The Capellan Confederation is a survivor, thanks to its greatest asset—its people. A Capellan citizen sees it as his or her duty to serve the nation first and himself second; individual rights are therefore subordinate to the needs of the state. Regarded as repressive by most other Successor States and smaller political entities, this simple trait has allowed the Capellan nation to survive and prosper even after the Federated Commonwealth broke its back in the Fourth Succession War. As always, adversity merely strengthens the Capellan Confederation. Despite what some realms regard as "repressive," individuals are encouraged to better themselves and may marry into a higher caste or qualify for one on their own merits.

Saint

• Captain
  • Keeper of the Reaper
« Reply #6 on: 15 October 2015, 18:57:00 »
56% Davion, 39% Steiner, 27% Rasalhague, 33% Kurita, 50% Liao, 50% Marik, 45% Comstar and 45% Clans!

Fed Suns was my first faction. I now like the Marains more but Feddies are still my second choice.
"Our eyes lie on Glory, Honor, Strength. Burned worlds will declare our name as cause."

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
« Reply #7 on: 15 October 2015, 19:15:10 »
"Hmm, how will I game it to get an answer I want... faith, nerds, treated on merit, ignorant man, sneaky, send assassins, Ah-ha!"

COMSTAR
32% Davion, 29% Steiner, 15% Rasalhague, 30% Kurita, 68% Liao, 23% Marik, 81% Comstar and 37% Clans!

ComStar is dedicated to fulfilling a single, divine mission: to preserve the glorious Star League's technological legacy in order to prevent a new Dark Age. Founded in 2788 by the Blessed Jerome Blake, ComStar guards and maintains the hyperpulse generator communications network and other valuable technologies developed during humanity's golden age, knowledge that might have been lost forever were it not for the foresight of our Blessed Founder. Blake created a rigid religious hierarchy, which he headed in the capacity of Primus, along with the First Circuit Precentors to administer ComStar's affairs, and a secret brotherhood among ComStar's members in order to keep the secrets of the Star League safe from outside harm.
Government: Corporate (with monastic stylings)
Dominant Languages: English
« Last Edit: 15 October 2015, 19:17:03 by Cyc »

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #8 on: 15 October 2015, 19:26:04 »
Unsurprisingly, the CapCon.
But then the questions are really, really bad, and way too transparent. I can get any result i want with questions like that.

(Honestly the Clan test (on another thread) is no better but that's because it tries to match you to a Clan based on daily interactions, which do not really tell much about a person, and are no applicable to nearly any Clan.)

Pyro

• Corporal
  • The man, the legend, oh God, he's back? WHY!?
« Reply #9 on: 15 October 2015, 19:26:51 »
I got Rasalhague, and was apparently more Rasalhague than 93% of people that took the test.  Weird.

44% Davion, 32% Steiner, 54% Rasalhague, 33% Kurita, 47% Liao, 50% Marik, 45% ComStar, 37% Clans.
Fire solves everything.

Ruger

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #10 on: 15 October 2015, 19:31:56 »
89% House Steiner

Ruger
"If someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Malcolm Reynolds, Firefly

"Who I am is where I stand. Where I stand is where I fall...Stand with me." - The Doctor, The Doctor Falls, Doctor Who

Obvious

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #11 on: 15 October 2015, 19:42:13 »
Comstar
32% Davion, 32% Steiner, 31% Rasalhague, 41% Kurita, 53% Liao, 35% Marik, 68% Comstar, 37% Clans
It is better to be lucky than an idiot.

ActionButler

• Global Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #12 on: 15 October 2015, 19:52:09 »
Davion

50% Steiner, 38% Rasalhague, 37% Kurita, 47% Liao, 38% Marik, 52% Comstar and 37% Clans
Experimental Technical Readout: The School
http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=56420.0

Trajan Helmer

• Lieutenant
  • Better and calmer than you
« Reply #13 on: 15 October 2015, 20:06:41 »
The Clans.
Anyone can redesign the Hellbringer's base chassis.  Real men work only with the pod loadout- Natasha K (forum poster)

Do not taunt Happy Fun Aegis. http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,42045.msg968574.html#msg968574

Diamondshark

• Lieutenant
  • Bringing back the enlightenment to the Star League
« Reply #14 on: 15 October 2015, 21:58:23 »
I'm marginally Davion, which is strange, seeing how I don't like them all that much, outside of the 4th Succession War.  :P

60% Davion, 54% Steiner, 46% Rasalhague, 26% Kurita, 38% Liao, 42% Marik, 45% Comstar and 45% Clans
"We are the Clans, the Star League incarnate.
None can stand against us and survive."

-- The Remembrance, Passage 272, Verse 8, Lines 18-19

mike19k

• Lieutenant
« Reply #15 on: 15 October 2015, 22:31:07 »
House Davion, 96%, 54% Steiner, 31% Raslhague, 33% Kurita, 38% Liao, 19% Marik, 19% Comstar, and 45% Clans.

I went back and tried it again to see if I could get the others. It is clear that I do not know FRR or Marik well. Never could get FRR and every time I tried keep getting Marik, got higher for Marik when I was trying to get FRR than when trying to get Marik.

Klat

• Captain
  • ここにキティキティ
« Reply #16 on: 15 October 2015, 22:46:53 »
Marik. Now if they just had a paint scheme I liked...
Light Assault Group - An Orwellian appelation applied by the Draconis Combine to troops haphazardly equipped with whatever expendable equipment was lying around the maintenance yard, for the purpose of throwing their lives away for the greater glory of the Dragon, see also Human Bombs.

Motsognir

• Sergeant
  • And so there I was...
« Reply #17 on: 16 October 2015, 00:48:37 »
I got the Free Republic of Rasalhague. Which I have to say, I didn't see coming. But looking below it seems a bit of a mixed bag with Comstar and the Clans both matching the Rasalhague 42%.

16% Davion, 29% Steiner, 42% Rasalhague, 41% Kurita, 35% Liao, 35% Marik, 42% Comstar and 42% Clans!

Lysenko

• Lieutenant
  • 15th Dracon: A Proud Tradition of Service
    • Polar Bear Dreams & Stranger Things
« Reply #18 on: 16 October 2015, 06:08:32 »
our result for The Battletech Faction Test ...
House Liao (Capellan Confederation)
12% Davion, 18% Steiner, 27% Rasalhague, 41% Kurita, 79% Liao, 27% Marik, 35% Comstar and 34% Clans!

The Capellan Confederation is a survivor, thanks to its greatest asset—its people. A Capellan citizen sees it as his or her duty to serve the nation first and himself second; individual rights are therefore subordinate to the needs of the state. Regarded as repressive by most other Successor States and smaller political entities, this simple trait has allowed the Capellan nation to survive and prosper even after the Federated Commonwealth broke its back in the Fourth Succession War. As always, adversity merely strengthens the Capellan Confederation. Despite what some realms regard as "repressive," individuals are encouraged to better themselves and may marry into a higher caste or qualify for one on their own merits.
Government: Dictatorship
Dominant Languages: Chinese, Russian, English, Hindi

Flieger

• Warrant Officer
    • DoktorWhisky.de
« Reply #19 on: 16 October 2015, 07:00:44 »
But then the questions are really, really bad, and way too transparent. I can get any result i want with questions like that.

True.

I tried answering the questions as if I did not know what house the answer would favour, and got Davion though by a very small margin over Steiner.

Sharpnel

• Colonel
« Reply #20 on: 16 October 2015, 07:10:01 »
Came out as a damned Capellan. The only time they show any merit is in resisting Devlin Stone and his gang of thugs
Consigliere Trygg Bender, CRD-3BL Crusader, The Blazer Mafia
Takehiro 'Taco' Uchimiya, SHD-2H Shadow Hawk 'Taco', Crimson Oasis Trading Company

"Of what use is a dream, if not a blueprint for courageous action" -Adam West
As I get older, I realize that I'm not as good as I once was.
"Life is too short to be living someone else's dream" - Hugh Hefner

Aposiopesis

• Corporal
« Reply #21 on: 16 October 2015, 10:01:37 »
COMSTAR

28% Davion, 32% Steiner, 31% Rasalhague, 26% Kurita, 41% Liao, 35% Marik, 68% Comstar and 32% Clans!

Assumedly one of the non-nutty ones that stayed Comstar after the Blakists went all sad panda.

snakespinner

• Captain
« Reply #22 on: 16 October 2015, 18:45:07 »
I got Liao 59% slightly ahead of Davion 56%.
I'm sticking to the Marians.
Me a Liao  [metalhealth] [AAAH]
I wish I could get a good grip on reality, then I would choke it.
Growing old is inevitable,
Growing up is optional.
Watching TrueToaster create evil genius, priceless...everything else is just sub-par.

JoeJones

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #23 on: 16 October 2015, 23:27:02 »
House Liao.

As expected. (And I didn't even try to fudge the results, believe it or not.)

Charistoph

• Major
« Reply #24 on: 17 October 2015, 00:25:43 »
House Marik (Free Worlds League)

65% Marik, 56% Davion, 46% Steiner, 42% Rasalhague, 37% Clans, 26% Kurita, 26% Liao, and 26%!

Most interesting.  I've usually associated myself with Davion and the FedRats.  I think it's more of the Government: Parliamentary Confederacy and Dominant Languages: English, Spanish.

Gives one to think about since I haven't started collecting 'Mechs...
Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?
Quote from: Megavolt
They called me crazy…they called me insane…THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.

Charistoph's Painted Products of Mechanical Mayhem

Spacecowboy

• Recruit
« Reply #25 on: 17 October 2015, 00:41:25 »
Marik.  My homies.

Dulahan

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #26 on: 19 October 2015, 11:42:35 »
Depending on which answers I choose in the ones I can't make up my mind between two answers?

I either get Marik, Lyran, or Capellan.  This is spread reasonably evenly, with Cappellan the most common result, Lyran the highest total value of all 'results' combined, and Marik the one with the single highest possible value in one of the sets.

This test really needed different questions.

So I guess this means I'm from that little stretch down on the Steiner/Liao/Marik Border and the worlds that change hands a lot or something.  ;)

(I know from another test, which was just the 5 Greats and FRR, I got FRR pretty hands down)

Lord greystroke

• Sergeant
« Reply #27 on: 19 October 2015, 12:03:55 »
Well unexpected I was Comstar but yes looking back at some of the questions I could have guessed that I suspect

Charistoph

• Major
« Reply #28 on: 19 October 2015, 12:07:25 »
Depending on which answers I choose in the ones I can't make up my mind between two answers?

I either get Marik, Lyran, or Capellan.  This is spread reasonably evenly, with Cappellan the most common result, Lyran the highest total value of all 'results' combined, and Marik the one with the single highest possible value in one of the sets.

This test really needed different questions.

So I guess this means I'm from that little stretch down on the Steiner/Liao/Marik Border and the worlds that change hands a lot or something.  ;)

(I know from another test, which was just the 5 Greats and FRR, I got FRR pretty hands down)

Sounds like Terran Hegemony/Chaos March/Republic of the Sphere to me!
Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?
Quote from: Megavolt
They called me crazy…they called me insane…THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.

Charistoph's Painted Products of Mechanical Mayhem

Col.Hengist

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Konrad ' Hengist " Littman Highlander 732b
Lyran Commonwealth,6th Donegal Guards-Nightstar
Marian Hegemony, II Legio-Cataphract
Clan Hell's Horses, Gamma Galaxy-Summoner
Clan Grinch goat- gamma goat.

Register