Author Topic: AToW re-print. New edition or just errata?  (Read 1876 times)

BiggRigg42

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
AToW re-print. New edition or just errata?
« on: 09 June 2018, 18:21:34 »
As we all know, the current core rule book line is getting a re-print, starting with Total Warfare and progressing on to AToW. Will these re-prints be new editions or the same editions with the latest errata? I believe the latter is the correct answer, but I have herd some rumors that say the answer is the former.

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
Re: AToW re-print. New edition or just errata?
« Reply #1 on: 09 June 2018, 21:55:39 »
Errata is always incorporated in re-prints.  At least it has been every time before now.

Dunia

• Corporal
  • Cute, deadly and with 2 PPCs. Fear me.
« Reply #2 on: 10 June 2018, 14:59:36 »
I just hope they will reprint the companion. I refuse to pay 1000 dollars for it and against my better judgement and dislike for pdfs,  I might get it as a pdf from their store. I prefer books.

Found a store in N America who sold me their only copy of Handbook Liao. Cost me 36 dollars including freight to Sweden instead of the outrageous 2000 dollars + frieght that can be seen on Amazon. So now i have all the handbooks + Field Guide: Comstar. SO I just want the Companion and when they are written 3SW & 4 SW.  :D
My mother and father met in a Mechwarrior RPG game, I am a Battletech Born Brat :)

Hythos

• The Embiggened Man
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
« Reply #3 on: 10 June 2018, 17:57:14 »
What about Print on Demand from PDF? (However, I don't know if it's allowed from CGL PDF's(?))
Agent 722
Salt Lake City / Utah
Have 'Mech, will travel.

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #4 on: 10 June 2018, 21:40:06 »
Some of CGL's PDFs are available as POD but I don't think it is available for all the PDFs nor in all regions but since I'm not sure it would be wise to see if it is an option.

kronovan

• Corporal
« Reply #5 on: 12 June 2018, 17:15:08 »
I prefer books too - especially the heavy ones that make a big thud when they're plunked down on the gaming table.  :D  Lack of shelving space however, pushed me to get a 10" tablet a couple of years ago and start buying PDFs. I now only buy the core rulebook for any RPG or miniatures games I run, so there's at least 1 copy on the table for the players. It was a big adjustment at 1st because I'm old school and started gaming in the 80s, but with time I became comfortable with it. I go out of my way now though to buy artwork or print out the better quality art in the PDFs, which I tack on to the back of my GM screen or hang on the wall, lest my players be deprived of the wonderful artistic talents of the game artists.   ;)

Hythos

• The Embiggened Man
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
« Reply #6 on: 12 June 2018, 18:04:44 »
I do agree here too :) Though, not all books are available in print (I don't think the Objectives series is, and Obj Raids is one of my all-time favorites)...
However, yes, my 25kg of new books are typically kept in a tool-tote that I haul around to support conventions (easily 200+ lb / nearing 100kg by now).. But that includes 10kg of paper maps, and 15-20kg of record sheets! LOL
Agent 722
Salt Lake City / Utah
Have 'Mech, will travel.

ckosacranoid

• Lieutenant
« Reply #7 on: 19 June 2018, 10:34:44 »
One thing for those that want to get printed books. Get the PDF and then go to your local printer and get the book printed if nothing else. might not be able to get a hardbound copy, but a coil bound copy would not be that much. I have done that a few times for book that I wanted copies for rules.

Register