Author Topic: Unseen Shadow Hawk gun piece  (Read 2433 times)

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • RIP. Again. And again. And again.
Unseen Shadow Hawk gun piece
« on: 23 September 2018, 01:23:21 »
Hey all. I could use some suggestions for replacing a missing shoulder gun on an old Shadow Hawk. There has to be an IWM part the right size and roughly the right shape to fit the bill.
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

Ruger

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
Re: Unseen Shadow Hawk gun piece
« Reply #1 on: 23 September 2018, 04:13:12 »
Hey all. I could use some suggestions for replacing a missing shoulder gun on an old Shadow Hawk. There has to be an IWM part the right size and roughly the right shape to fit the bill.

Erm...what about a classic or primitive Shadow Hawk's gun? Any chance of getting one of those?

Ruger
"If someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Malcolm Reynolds, Firefly

"Who I am is where I stand. Where I stand is where I fall...Stand with me." - The Doctor, The Doctor Falls, Doctor Who

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #2 on: 23 September 2018, 06:58:49 »
I would like to know as well. I originally was thinking of using my spare AC/5 from the unseen Marauder but if someone can suggest something better...

Cache

• Captain
    • Lords of the Battlefield
« Reply #3 on: 23 September 2018, 08:39:34 »
nuSeen Shad's AC or PPC should work. If you have a first sculpt Vindicator try that PPC. Resculpt won't work so well.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #4 on: 23 September 2018, 08:44:53 »
Back in the day, I had two friends who would put a Warhammer arm up there to make Kurita variants.

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #5 on: 23 September 2018, 10:31:45 »
It's a pretty thin piece.  I was thinking the Hound shoulder gun, but it might be too wide. 

Perhaps a modified arm, like from a Gùn or Calliope?

Cache

• Captain
« Reply #6 on: 23 September 2018, 11:07:57 »
Thinking a little out of the box, you could try one of the 25mm Mechwarrior crew-served weapons.  http://ironwindmetals.com/store/index.php?cPath=16_44_245

Phobos101

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #7 on: 24 September 2018, 02:02:38 »
I used part of a german PAK anti-tank gun in 1/100 scale. size was spot on, but doesn't overhang the back as much.

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #8 on: 24 September 2018, 09:20:34 »
Is there a way to make individual part requests from IWM? I was thinking I could request a piece as part of a larger order.
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

Cache

• Captain
« Reply #9 on: 24 September 2018, 09:25:14 »
If it isn't in the scrapyard, give them a call. Give them the sku of the mini and a description of the part/sprue that you want.

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #10 on: 24 September 2018, 09:32:45 »
Got it, thanks.

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #11 on: 24 September 2018, 11:00:24 »
For the unseen Hawk gun, the Facebook trade and sell group would probably be a better source.

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Colonel
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #12 on: 24 September 2018, 15:27:41 »
MW:DA Partisan AA vehicle - left-hand side gun. Perfect size, nicely greebled.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #13 on: 24 September 2018, 15:30:18 »
Aw geez, that's probably going to be harder to track down than just ordering a spare metal part. I'll take a look though.

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #14 on: 26 September 2018, 19:47:46 »
If you want to make it a 2K use the arm ppc from a vindicator. I did this a while back and it work well.

Feenix74

• Captain
  • Lam's Phoenix Hawks
« Reply #15 on: 26 September 2018, 20:00:21 »
If it isn't in the scrapyard, give them a call. Give them the sku of the mini and a description of the part/sprue that you want.

IWM will definitely try to help you with this (I have done it for a couple of my customers here in Australia). We have found it helpful if you have a photo of the mini and circle/highlight the part you want, makes it easier for the IWM team to get you the right part.
Incoming fire has the right of way.

The only thing more accurate than incoming enemy fire is incoming friendly fire.

Always remember that your weapon was built by the lowest bidder.

- excepts from Murphy's Laws of Combat

IAMCLANWOLF

• Freelance Artist
  • Major
« Reply #16 on: 27 September 2018, 14:27:31 »
Lu Wei Bing gun arm.

Cache

• Captain
« Reply #17 on: 27 September 2018, 17:51:01 »
Lu Wei Bing gun arm.
Interesting. I'd like to see a pic of that combo.

mbear

• Stood Far Back When The Gravitas Was Handed Out
  • Major
    • Tower of Jade
« Reply #18 on: 30 November 2018, 12:58:26 »
Is there a Swordsman mini? That might work.

And if it doesn't, I just found a tapered steel pin at my local hardware store that would make a perfect unseen Warhammer PPC barrel. Maybe you could find something similar. FWIW, the pin was in the same aisle as the screws, bolts, and cotter pins. I think it was made by Hillman, but the nearest example I can find online is here.
Be the Loremaster:

Battletech transport rules take a very feline approach to moving troops in a combat zone: If they fits, they ships.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your BT experience. Now what? (Thanks Sartis!)

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #19 on: 30 November 2018, 14:43:14 »
Swordsman does not have a mini that I have seen unfortunately.  Honestly what came to mind was the Hound gun and Classic Shadow Hawk gun.  But it was interesting to see the plethora of suggestions coming in.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Kid in the puddle eating mud of CGL contributors
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #20 on: 30 November 2018, 15:09:59 »
the swordsman was funded in the last fan funding round. we haven't seen any of them yet, but i assume it will be next year some time

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #21 on: 30 November 2018, 15:11:58 »
Ooo . . . I just know I had not seen it on their page (recent Christmas search).  Now I just need to get one so I can field 'Age of War Davion' with a Hammerhands!
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Dragon41673

• Captain
    • Aries Games & Miniatures
« Reply #22 on: 03 December 2018, 08:35:08 »
Swordsman miniature is coming as a Q1 release.

You could use that gun...but more than likely it will be much like the "Classic" Shadow Hawk guns, a bit big for the unseen shadow hawk.

Best option is to check on the Facebook BattleTech International Trade & Sell group. Someone there may have an Unseen one.
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures

Register