Author Topic: HBS BattleTech Season Pass  (Read 3829 times)

MarauderD

• Major
HBS BattleTech Season Pass
« on: 18 October 2018, 12:37:32 »
Well, looks like a couple of neat annoucements today.

First, Flashpoint will release on 11/27/2018

Second, there will be two more DLCs, next one will feature an urban cityscape.

Lastly, there is a season pass option, to get 3 DLCs for $39.99.  That is $13.33 in the US market per DLC.

What do you all think?

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
Re: HBS BattleTech Season Pass
« Reply #1 on: 18 October 2018, 13:53:51 »
Note the season pass is $50/50€ by default, currently at 20% sale.

Personally i'm very doubtful whether the first expansion is worth its full price, and as such i'm also doubtful about the season pass, sale or no sale.

If the DLCs will talk to each other (eg "flashpoints" can include urban terrain with the second expansion), it would be much better. But we don't know that, often game DLCs don't affect each other.

Wish the price 15€ per DLC, 35-40€ for season pass (with no sale), then i wouldn't be here complaining.

PyreLight

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: 18 October 2018, 15:51:11 »
I still want the Marauder and Warhammer - or at least a hint towards it, like CGL and PGI have already done.

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #3 on: 18 October 2018, 16:35:42 »
I still want the Marauder and Warhammer - or at least a hint towards it, like CGL and PGI have already done.
I'd imagine those either come in one of the future DLCs or perhaps in a patch. Or perhaps a separate 'Mech pack. I don't doubt they will include them eventually, they're just too popular and wanted for them not to do them.

I've noted it before that the Flashpoint DLC must have been under development while the court case was still going on, so including the classics can't have been option.

Best case here is just patience, i don't think they will really talk about future plans until the first DLC is released.

MarauderD

• Major
« Reply #4 on: 18 October 2018, 16:38:29 »

Those are already available in a mod, along with the Phoenix Hawk.  They show up in the OPFOR, and are salvagable and usable.  Good stuff.   

Hangar of the Dispossessed, at Nexus Mods.

https://www.nexusmods.com/battletech/mods/266?tab=description

Trust me, You'll love it.

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #5 on: 18 October 2018, 16:46:30 »
That mod seems to have considerable amount of issues still, even if just cosmetic. Obviously, mod's a mod with all that entails, but reason enough for me at least wait till official implementation.

MarauderD

• Major
« Reply #6 on: 18 October 2018, 18:16:54 »
After extensive use, the only real issue with the mod is that the Marauder and Warhammer don't have a model in the mech lab.  You can still tinker with them, there is just no picture on the Argo.  They work just fine in mission.

Just my .02 cents.  YMMV.

IAMCLANWOLF

• Freelance Artist
  • Major
« Reply #7 on: 19 October 2018, 09:13:41 »
Those are already available in a mod...

I get this, but some of us are patiently waiting for an official HBS release. :)

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Cause Them My Initials!
« Reply #8 on: 19 October 2018, 09:52:26 »

If the DLCs will talk to each other (eg "flashpoints" can include urban terrain with the second expansion), it would be much better. But we don't know that, often game DLCs don't affect each other.

Almost every other DLC for any type of game like this works together. Look at ELITE DANGEROUS as an example. They have the Planetary Landing Version/DLC if you will and the reg. You and I can play together, and if you have the 'Reg-Space Only version' then you just don't get the options to buy the Landing Stuff, get offered missions to Land, and obviously, cannot land on a Planet.

The only times I see DLC not affecting each other is where the DLC is (in essence) a completely seperate game, and in this case it is not, it is an AddOn, so if your game does not have the Urban Mission, then you likely will not get missions in Urban Areas (nor have access to the new mechs).

Again, I don;t know, just how I've seen things like this work in the past.
« Last Edit: 19 October 2018, 09:54:14 by NeonKnight »
AGENT #575, Vancouver Canada

MarauderD

• Major
« Reply #9 on: 19 October 2018, 11:18:05 »
I get this, but some of us are patiently waiting for an official HBS release. :)

Then you sir are a great deal more patient than I am!

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #10 on: 19 October 2018, 13:53:55 »
Almost every other DLC for any type of game like this works together. Look at ELITE DANGEROUS as an example. They have the Planetary Landing Version/DLC if you will and the reg. You and I can play together, and if you have the 'Reg-Space Only version' then you just don't get the options to buy the Landing Stuff, get offered missions to Land, and obviously, cannot land on a Planet.

The only times I see DLC not affecting each other is where the DLC is (in essence) a completely seperate game, and in this case it is not, it is an AddOn, so if your game does not have the Urban Mission, then you likely will not get missions in Urban Areas (nor have access to the new mechs).

Again, I don;t know, just how I've seen things like this work in the past.
I play ED but its singular DLC doesn't do this really, you either have access to DLC features or don't. Otherwise everyone comes in patches, and everyone has all content whether or not they access it, it is like MMO in this sense.

A good example of DLC not talking together would be the Elder Scrolls and Fallout series (under Betheda), where DLCs features don't interact unless scripted to do so, something Bethesda never did, leading to things like perks no affecting DLC weapons or spells (or not doing that properly). This isn't exactly noticeable at a glance, especially since none of those DLCs add new features really, but the issue is there.

BattleTech's DLC are seemingly going to be addons in similar manner as TES/FO DLC, so features working together is a question. So, when Urban Warfare comes out, will urban terrain be an option in flashpoints, or will jungle biome work with whatever new thing UW will come with? Or will the new mission type work with all future biomes? If it comes with infantry (just random example of what could be) or other new features, would that be incorporated into flashpoints?
This is a thing i'm concerned about. DLC gameplay features existing as islands in certain games is very, very disappointing.

DarkSpade

• Major
« Reply #11 on: 19 October 2018, 17:02:43 »
They seem to have made their game somewhat modular.  I imagine it wouldn't be too hard for them to have missions grab from a pool of maps and enemy units based on what expansions you have.

As for mods, I use them heavily for Fallout 4, but it's designed from the start to be modded.  There's a couple mods that I'd love to use for BT, but I'd hate to find myself unable to play because of an unexpected patch dropping while a mod author is too busy studying for midterms to work on updating a mod.
« Last Edit: 19 October 2018, 17:05:48 by DarkSpade »
Space Marines are guys who look at a chainsaw and think, “That should be balanced for parrying.”

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
« Reply #12 on: 20 October 2018, 06:06:44 »
That's confirmed in the latest Kickstarter update - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/webeharebrained/battletech/posts/2320809?ref=activity - which mentions a new game mode, Career Mode (random game with no story missions) to appear in the 1.3 patch to drop same day as the Flashpoint expansion, Flashpoints are seeded into the possible random events if you own the expansion.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #13 on: 20 October 2018, 07:17:53 »
Since the very first patch removed the ability of my machine to run the game in a usable fashion (the maps all blank out), I'll have to wait on any DLC until I get a new computer.  When ever that is...

Euphonium

• Captain
  • Look Ma, no Faction!
« Reply #14 on: 21 October 2018, 12:16:10 »
While I'd like to know more about what they have planned for the 3rd DLC, HBS have earned enough goodwill from me since Shadowrun Returns that I'm willing to pre-order the season pass.

Having said that, the things I would really like to see are larger maps, so that I have a reasonable chance of reaching the primary target before the reinforcements spawn, and a map/mission/campaign editor so that I can create co-op missions to play with friends.
>>>>[You're only jealous because the voices don't talk to you]<<<<

Nightlord01

• Lieutenant
« Reply #15 on: 22 October 2018, 07:08:45 »
While I'd like to know more about what they have planned for the 3rd DLC, HBS have earned enough goodwill from me since Shadowrun Returns that I'm willing to pre-order the season pass.

Having said that, the things I would really like to see are larger maps, so that I have a reasonable chance of reaching the primary target before the reinforcements spawn, and a map/mission/campaign editor so that I can create co-op missions to play with friends.

I'd love to see larger drop groups to go with those larger maps, maybe as a co-op mode with friends.

Euphonium

• Captain
  • Look Ma, no Faction!
« Reply #16 on: 22 October 2018, 07:38:13 »
I'd love to see larger drop groups to go with those larger maps, maybe as a co-op mode with friends.

Co-op mode would be great. It's often easier these days to get people together for a LAN session than it is to get them together for a tabletop game.
>>>>[You're only jealous because the voices don't talk to you]<<<<

IAMCLANWOLF

• Freelance Artist
  • Major
« Reply #17 on: 29 October 2018, 14:17:00 »
Then you sir are a great deal more patient than I am!

Well, admittedly my patience is wearing thin... I don't know what the holdup is at this point??

Gimmie some Warhammer HBS!!   :smitten:

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #18 on: 13 November 2018, 12:46:46 »
Well, admittedly my patience is wearing thin... I don't know what the holdup is at this point??

Gimmie some Warhammer HBS!!   :smitten:

Same answer as why we do not have minis of them yet?  Its complicated & lead time . . . like it was discussed, this expansion was likely already in the works when the lawsuit settled out.  Notice that they already have some of the stuff planned for the 2nd expansion listed, like the maps, but not what mechs will be added.  The 2nd expansion is set for 2019 . . . we are how many months from the first release, 8?  So the lead time to get a product release ready instead of alpha/beta tease is going to likely be that block of time.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #19 on: 13 November 2018, 16:31:43 »
I'd imagine/hope that Warhammer and the Marauder get released in a free patch once HBS gets around doing them. They were part of the KS campaign, releasing them for free would avoid backlash while releasing them in paid DLC would most likely cause backlash.

I do hope they either intend to include more than 3 'Mechs in the next DLC, or that they release a 'Mech pack as separate DLC (the Season Pass promises only the three DLC packs). There are quite few era-appropriate 'Mechs missing. Made a list elsewhere...

Flea
Javelin
Raven (given its ECM and Active Probe, would be excellent fit for Urban Warfare)
Wolfhound (strictly speaking 4th SW design debuting in 3028 but close enough IMO)

Assassin
Phoenix Hawk
Vulcan (designed for urban warfare, so good fit thematically for the next DLC)

Archer
Champion (downgraded variant exists during the Succession Wars)
Marauder
Warhammer
Rifleman

Annihilator (Wolf's Dragoon's 'Mech, so rare but whatever, era-appropriate)
Charger (upcoming for MWO, actually shit design but stupid enough it should be in the game all the same)

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #20 on: 13 November 2018, 17:18:12 »
With LRMs being OP and already having the Stalker & Catapult . . . not sure about the need for a Archer.

I would like to see a 'Classic' mech pack . . .

Wasp/Stinger
Valkyrie
Phoenix Hawk
Marauder
Warhammer
Rifleman

For Urban Warfare . . . I would like to see . . . well, the Urbanmech is already in the game IIRC but . . . Raven, Guillotine, and . . . maybe a jumpy med, all I can think of is Dervish, Clint, Vulcan or Assassin.  I would also like to see the DLC offer more variants of the mechs that are already present.  We have a LOT of Hunchback variants left to see.
Colt Ward

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #21 on: 13 November 2018, 17:43:53 »
One doesn't need the Rifleman with the Jagermech, or the Marauder and Warhammer both, or many other 'Mech combinations (any of 55-ton trio with another from that trio), yet they're there all the same.

I most certainly want the Archer, durable heavy missile platform vs the mobile but weaker missile platform called the Catapult. (The Stalker is an assault platform, so it isn't in direct competition here.)

EDIT Also Guillotine is not an option, it is not in MWO. While they did make the Hatchetman, i reckon it is far safer to bet on MWO-only models for future 'Mechs, pretty sure the Hatchetman is something of an exception since it was some HBS people favorite (Mitch? Or even Weissman?).
« Last Edit: 13 November 2018, 17:45:31 by Empyrus »

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #22 on: 13 November 2018, 18:00:27 »
Yeah, I was hoping . . . and makes sense for a city fight- jumping w/ML & SRM battery.  Guess I could make the Grasshopper-GLT just like I made a Orion-MAD, I just like the look.
Colt Ward