Author Topic: Betrayal! Horseshoe Crabs are Really Arachnid Infiltrators!  (Read 4971 times)

Orin J.

• Captain
  • I am to feared! Aw, come on guys...
Re: Betrayal! Horseshoe Crabs are Really Arachnid Infiltrators!
« Reply #30 on: 14 March 2019, 13:17:17 »
As my wife and two daughters dislike spiders, therefore I have to enforece a persecute with extreme prejudice policy in out house.

in the outhouse i can understand, no spider has any business setting up shop over the shitter!  ;D
The Grey Death Legion? Dead? Gotcha, wake me when it's back.....
--------------------------
Every once in a while things make sense.

Don't let these moments alarm you. They pass.

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #32 on: 14 March 2019, 14:44:15 »
Nope, we have benign, cute spiders, for example the peacock jumping spiders (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maratus_volans)

They also help land planes and direct traffic when the lights are not working properly.

Nightlord01

• Lieutenant
« Reply #33 on: 15 March 2019, 22:34:17 »
I have a lot of difficulty with this sentence.

This is the Internet, you expect proper English at all times? :)

dgorsman

• Captain
« Reply #34 on: 15 March 2019, 22:44:10 »
They also help land planes and direct traffic when the lights are not working properly.
If that's big enough to help planes land, the lights not working are the least of the problems.  Or maybe it's a good thing it's dark.
Think about it.  It's what we do.
- The Society

Thunder LRMs: the gift that keeps on giving.  They're the glitter of the BattleTech universe.

Kidd

• Major
« Reply #35 on: 16 March 2019, 02:43:00 »
This is the Internet, you expect proper English at all times? :)
No, I meant the concept that having an abundance of the 2nd most venomous land snake in the world is preferable :D because of course the alternative is THE most venomous land snake in the world!

Nightlord01

• Lieutenant
« Reply #36 on: 16 March 2019, 03:05:47 »
No, I meant the concept that having an abundance of the 2nd most venomous land snake in the world is preferable :D because of course the alternative is THE most venomous land snake in the world!

Ahh, fair enough then. :)

And yeah, I traded one for the other, as well as crocodiles, tiger sharks, and an abundance of other nasties.

What can I say? It would feel wrong somehow I was safe wander out and about in the local bushland, or my back yard, for that matter.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #37 on: 17 March 2019, 18:10:11 »
One of the few benefits to living in a place where it gets below zero (f) regularly in the winter - it keeps the riff raff out

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #38 on: 17 March 2019, 23:25:03 »
No doubt.  And living in a land-locked state keeps the horse shoe crabs someone else's problem.  I promise to wear a black armband for any of you killed by the menace, though.
Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #39 on: 18 March 2019, 02:25:19 »

Give how long it took for scientists to realize that the inland Taipan was venomous because of how non-aggressive it was, I think it'd be preferable to many of the less venomous but much meaner alternatives.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #40 on: 18 March 2019, 07:37:08 »
You mean like the two-legged man eater that distracts it's prey with perfume and high heels?

8)
TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Sharpnel

• Colonel
« Reply #41 on: 18 March 2019, 09:52:54 »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D
Consigliere Trygg Bender, CRD-3BL Crusader, The Blazer Mafia
Takehiro 'Taco' Uchimiya, SHD-2H Shadow Hawk 'Taco', Crimson Oasis Trading Company

"Of what use is a dream, if not a blueprint for courageous action" -Adam West
As I get older, I realize that I'm not as good as I once was.
"Life is too short to be living someone else's dream" - Hugh Hefner

Luciora

• Major
« Last Edit: 19 March 2019, 00:42:29 by Luciora »

gyedid

• Captain
  • Always brighter on the other side of the mirror.
« Reply #43 on: 18 March 2019, 23:11:44 »
No doubt.  And living in a land-locked state keeps the horse shoe crabs someone else's problem.  I promise to wear a black armband for any of you killed by the menace, though.

Um...it's not the horseshoe crabs (they're not really "crabs", so call them "xiphosurans") that are the health hazard here.
(Indeed, it's hard to imagine them being any kind of threat to anyone...)

cheers,

Gabe
So, now I'm imagining people boxing up Overlords for loading as cargo.  "Nope, totally not a DropShip.  Everyone knows you can't fit a DropShip in a WarShip!  It's...a ten thousand ton box of marshmallows!  Yeah.  For the Heavy Guards big annual smores party."
--Arkansas Warrior, on the possibility of carrying Dropships as cargo in Warship cargo bays.

TERRAN SUPREMACY DEFENSE FORCE.  For when you want to send the SLDF, but couldn't afford the whole kit and kaboodle.

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #44 on: 19 March 2019, 00:26:08 »
Um...it's not the horseshoe crabs (they're not really "crabs", so call them "xiphosurans") that are the health hazard here.
(Indeed, it's hard to imagine them being any kind of threat to anyone...)

cheers,

Gabe

That was a joke continued from the OP, about Horse Shoe Crabs being arachnid invaders.
Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert