Author Topic: Round 1 2015 Funding - Primitive Rifleman RFL-1N XTRO Primitives IV FUNDED!  (Read 66812 times)

Luriael

• Warrant Officer
After this I'm done orthoing.  Sculpting will commence shortly.  Any more changes will be up to thems what has the time to make em.  Barrels will be built into the "arm" so no extra barrels.

Then we will need to find some extra barrels somewhere...
"Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."

- Aleksandr Kerensky

B-3

• Iron Wind Metals
  • Master Sergeant
    • B-3 Designs
I know I said no more Orthoing but I just had to change the legs after reading Cache's post.

The QCC has suggested a height of 42mm.
"Don't start nothin' won't be nothin' " - J

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Pirates and C3 masters are on the hitlist

That looks great!

Q: did the original artist supply you with any detailing for the rear side? Or do you have to think of something?
Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

The Society:Fan XTRO & Field Manual
Nebula California: HyperTube Xtreme
Nebula Confederation Ships

B-3

• Iron Wind Metals
  • Master Sergeant
    • B-3 Designs
That looks great!

Q: did the original artist supply you with any detailing for the rear side? Or do you have to think of something?

Thanks!

All I get is the original art no other views.  I was going to do something similar to the Reseen Rifleman on the back.

GRUD

• Captain
  • Quinn's Quads - 'Mechs on the March!
Then we will need to find some extra barrels somewhere...

Somehow I doubt you people that Mod minis will have any problems finding brass rod and plastic tubing.    :D

The rest of us are SOL, However.   :(

I realize where the idea for the Original Rifleman came from, but I'm wondering what the "In Universe" Logic is for switching from the "Side-by-Side" gun configuration of the Primitive to the "Over/Under" Configuration of the "Later" version.   ???  The Jagermech and Marauder are both "Over/Under" after all.
To me, Repros are 100% Wrong, and there's NO  room for me to give ground on this subject. I'm not just an Immovable Object on this, I'm THE Immovable Object. 3D Prints are just 3D Repros.

Something to bear in Mind. Defending the BT IP is Frowned upon here.

Remember: Humor is NOT Tolerated here. Have a Nice Day!

Hey! Can't a guy get any Privacy around here!

Cache

• Captain
    • Lords of the Battlefield
The new legs look great!

Feenix74

• Captain
  • Lam's Phoenix Hawks
Great work B-3, looks great so far O0  Are you planning with the scupt for the legs to be straight (at attention) or to be slightly bent or running?

Also, to follow on from worktroll's idea, if we ran an additional collection plate around and contributed a few more coins, what is the chance of get an extra set of arms with over and under barrels?  >:D

It really is beautiful but again something about it is also resembling the MWO Blackjack :(

TS Hawk - I can see where you are coming from in relation to the arm layout in the front ortho (it is very similar to the look of the MWO Blackjack from head on but if you look at the original art and the side ortho I think we will find that the actual 3D sculpt of the arms will look different to the arms of a MWO Blackjack. Orthos can be a bit deceptive.
Incoming fire has the right of way.

The only thing more accurate than incoming enemy fire is incoming friendly fire.

Always remember that your weapon was built by the lowest bidder.

- excepts from Murphy's Laws of Combat

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Pirates and C3 masters are on the hitlist
Great work B-3, looks great so far O0  Are you planning with the scupt for the legs to be straight (at attention) or to be slightly bent or running?

Also, to follow on from worktroll's idea, if we ran an additional collection plate around and contributed a few more coins, what is the chance of get an extra set of arms with over and under barrels?  >:D
My suggestion is to have the arm or weapon sprue added to the IWM scrap yard. Then people can just order the parts needed for the conversion.
Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

The Society:Fan XTRO & Field Manual
Nebula California: HyperTube Xtreme
Nebula Confederation Ships

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain

That is something that would most likely need Mikes approval. Maybe CGL as well since it would deviate from what the art is for that variant. I will ask about it on the QCC thread.

Feenix74

• Captain
  • Lam's Phoenix Hawks
Thanks Speck, but please note the >:D

I am not trying to create trouble or more work for you, Mike or CGL. If TPTB decide that it is "flying too close to the envelope" then I will not rant on this forum or anywhere else. I am very appreciative of everything we have already and the efforts that all TPTB make in keeping BT alive and going.

The fact that I have been accorded the privilege of being a small part of bringing the primitive Rifleman to life in pewter is already a humbling experience for me. Thank you.

The only thing more accurate than incoming enemy fire is incoming friendly fire.

D.Jensen

• Sergeant
So, should we expect an email with the voucher info?

TS_Hawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major
That is something that would most likely need Mikes approval. Maybe CGL as well since it would deviate from what the art is for that variant. I will ask about it on the QCC thread.

I will be game for it :)

TS Hawk - I can see where you are coming from in relation to the arm layout in the front ortho (it is very similar to the look of the MWO Blackjack from head on but if you look at the original art and the side ortho I think we will find that the actual 3D sculpt of the arms will look different to the arms of a MWO Blackjack. Orthos can be a bit deceptive.

I don't get what Orthos means :(  I just don't want to have IWM and MWO having any sort of issues over this to be perfectly clear and I know I am a lot more paranoid in my old age

they said soon on the previous page

Thank you Hikage
Agent 694 N. Idaho

Feenix74

• Captain
  • Lam's Phoenix Hawks
I don't get what Orthos means :(  I just don't want to have IWM and MWO having any sort of issues over this to be perfectly clear and I know I am a lot more paranoid in my old age

Apologies, thank you for reminding me that not forum-ite has an engineering/technical background. Ortho = Orthographic Projection which is commonly used in engineering/technical drawing. What many laypeople call "plans". Wikipedia explains it better than I can

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain

It's on my to do list for tomorrow night. I had a convention and then computer issues. So spent weekend catching up on other items that I need to get done.

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
I will be game for it :)

they said soon on the previous page

It's basically a guide to help with the sculpting process.

Mech42ace

• Lieutenant
    • DeviantArt
An ortho has a similar function as blueprint if you will.
At Comstar we listen. It's that simple.

Feenix74

• Captain
  • Lam's Phoenix Hawks
As mech42ace said when I say "plans" in English I mean "blueprints" in American. I really should have checked my Lonely Planet USA Phasebook before I posted. :-[

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
Remember though, it's the Queen's English, not the President's English. We are right, those benighted uppity colonials are wrong.

W  ;)
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Mech42ace

• Lieutenant
    • DeviantArt
As mech42ace said when I say "plans" in English I mean "blueprints" in American. I really should have checked my Lonely Planet USA Phasebook before I posted. :-[
Sorry about that feenix, I meant no insult when I posted. 
At Comstar we listen. It's that simple.

Bartholomew bartholomew

• Sergeant
Remember though, it's the Queen's English, not the President's English. We are right, those benighted uppity colonials are wrong.

W  ;)
Hey! just cause bad english isn't your native tongue!  ;D

Anyways, Can't wait to see how this ends up anyways. Good luck B-3.

Feenix74

• Captain
  • Lam's Phoenix Hawks
No problems mate, no insult/offence taken O0

Much appreciate the assist in getting my "American" right. I still remember the time when I was at the Boeing staff cafeteria many years ago and the lady serving me had a good giggle because I asked if I could have my lunch order as "takeaway" instead of "takeout".

W  ;)

"English spoken, American mis-understood"  ^-^

Jal Phoenix

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Once, we had gods.

W  ;)

Because the space on the back of your car so totally resembles something you wear on your foot, instead of a box with a lid that you store things in, am I right?   ;D

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
You'd think that Australia, who as we all know is completely populated by convicts*, would need phones in their lockups, and would use the phrase "cell phone". But no, these survivors in Ghu's own destructive testing area walk around talking, and call those cunning slices of silicon, plastic & status "mobile phones".

And don't start me on American toilet bowls ...
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Feenix74

• Captain
  • Lam's Phoenix Hawks
You'd think that Australia, who as we all know is completely populated by convicts*

Inconceivable!  :D

At least can we pronounce "alu-min-ium" properly. Shameless attempt to tie this back into the topic - I might have to buy an extra set of primitive rifleman arms, get some aluminium or brass rod/tubing to add an over-under AC barrels to the arms plus use a hobby knife and files to kitbash a primitive rifleman that can be reconfigured as required.

B-3

• Iron Wind Metals
  • Master Sergeant
    • B-3 Designs
Aluminum :D

Jal Phoenix

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Once, we had gods.
Aluminum :D

Correct!  Note that we don't need to insert extra letters into words that don't require them.  I'm looking at you, "armour"!

Sharpnel

• Colonel
and we can get our 'e' and 'r' in the right order 'theater' as opposed to 'theatre' or 'center' instead of 'centre'
Consigliere Trygg Bender, CRD-3BL Crusader, The Blazer Mafia
Takehiro 'Taco' Uchimiya, SHD-2H Shadow Hawk 'Taco', Crimson Oasis Trading Company

"Of what use is a dream, if not a blueprint for courageous action" -Adam West
As I get older, I realize that I'm not as good as I once was.
"Life is too short to be living someone else's dream" - Hugh Hefner

Feenix74

• Captain
  • Lam's Phoenix Hawks
All examples of how you guys take perfectly good words and ruin them  ^-^

D.Jensen

• Sergeant
Lol, well played. :)

Sharpnel

• Colonel
or how we avoid getting our words confused with French ones
Consigliere Trygg Bender, CRD-3BL Crusader, The Blazer Mafia
Takehiro 'Taco' Uchimiya, SHD-2H Shadow Hawk 'Taco', Crimson Oasis Trading Company

"Of what use is a dream, if not a blueprint for courageous action" -Adam West
As I get older, I realize that I'm not as good as I once was.
"Life is too short to be living someone else's dream" - Hugh Hefner

Register